• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I never thought I would say this but, I really want this Pikachu to win

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
"Guess it's safe enough for me to leak this now.

These are Zygarde's scales. He can 'shed' a scale and it turns into this amorphous blob thing, which will not be an actual new Pokemon. They seem to move independently, but they are in fact just Zygarde "spreading its roots" (I think that's what they said, but maybe without the plant connotations? I'm not fluent in Japanese, I think they also said something akin to the scales "flowing") so it's assumed either his consciousness is still in there, or it's a kind of way for him to look at things remotely."
Yep, those eye thingies are involved with Zygarde, him being the silhouette. Like there was any doubt
It's definitely possible, after hearing that it was green, I kind of felt it had some relationship with Zygarde. Plus, it having a large eyeball makes it perfect for observation, thus fitting into Zygarde's whole "I'm monitoring you and the world" concept.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

Zelda 1 is an outdated mess
Personally I wouldn't go as far as calling it a mess. It's only massive flaw to me so far is that you respawn with 3 hearts, no matter the max is, so trying to fill out your health meter is really tedious after death. Oh and trying to find the next dungeon with no NPCs telling you where, but that is very YMMV.

I felt the rest of the game, as far as I've played, was well designed enough though. Then again I don't think I was even half way, so I may be saying this too early.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Personally I wouldn't go as far as calling it a mess. It's only massive flaw to me so far is that you respawn with 3 hearts, no matter the max is, so trying to fill out your health meter is really tedious after death. Oh and trying to find the next dungeon with no NPCs telling you where, but that is very YMMV.

I felt the rest of the game, as far as I've played, was well designed enough though. Then again I don't think I was even half way, so I may be saying this too early.
The control is far too stiff. THAT'S what made me regret spending a fiver on it

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
The control is far too stiff. THAT'S what made me regret spending a fiver on it
Oh right, I completely forgot about the lack of diagonal movement. That really does make movement stiff. I personally don't mind it much but I can easily see why anyone could be.

Would be nice if they were to have an enhanced port (keeping almost everything as is) and fixed certain stuff like the hearts and controls. Would've probably turned out a much greater game.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I actually enjoyed playing the first Zelda quite a bit.

Sure, it is a bit dated, but I liked the challenge nonetheless.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
pikazz told me on the Mewtwo thread that he found a source claiming this. Makes sense as it wouldn't be the first time this shtick was done in media
Hm intriguing. It's a very unique concept, and one I could see come to light. I thought it looked a little off for a pokemon, but we don't have a full picture so I dismissed that theory.

D

Deleted member

Sonic was running away from your opponent 90% of the match, this is truly a match of skill.
God, I hate all camping tactics in any game, it only makes the game take longer and it's not fun to watch

On Zelda 1:
It's pretty outdated, due to NES limitations, puzzles are either: kill all enemies or find a movable block.
The already mentioned here controls and no sense of direction.
Wouldn't mind a remake to fix most of its problems and reimagine the original idea

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Top 8 at this point:

-ZeRo :4sheik:

-Abadango :4pacman:

-Nairo :4zss:

ESAM :4pikachu:

Mr-R :4sheik:

Ally :4mario:

FoW vs. Rain
Dabuz vs. Larry

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Shiek (ZeRo)
Shiek (Mr-R)
Pac-Man (Abadango)
Zero Suit Samus (Nairo)
Rosalina (Dabuz)
Mario (Ally)
Pikachu (ESAM)
Ness (FoW)

Good top 8 imo

The only matches I dread are Dabuz's.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Top 8 is:

ZeRo
Nairo
Mr. R
Abadango
ESAM
Ally
FOW
Dabuz

Using the following:
:4sheik:
:4zss:
:4sheik:
:4pacman:
:4pikachu:
:4mario:
:4ness:
:rosalina:

I'm loving this variety.
I mean the only real variety there is Pac-man and maybe Ness.

The other characters were rather obvious to reach that point.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Was I the only one fooled by that opening with the Smash Symbol -_-? I thought we were going to get a new character XD.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Guys ready to have your souls crushed by Darth Scarf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom