• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khoru

Smash Champion
it has its own base breaker page on tvtropes at this point

can we uh
not do the personal attacks and "he said, she said" thing
that's a bad road

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's like everyday, something about Fire Emblem Fates just creates more controversy.
****, Soleil's only controversial because someone misinterpretted something and millions just used a copypasta without looking themselves, looking at you Kotaku and media sites! I highly doubt that the translation will be the same as the original, but the only real thing about Soleil one could dislike: Her personality is pretty much 'girls girls girls'

Khoru

Smash Champion
Basically soleil is inigos daughter right. And in order to annoy him and spite him she started flirting with every girl too

And this became a habit and soon an addiction one that is deterring her on the battle field causing the prescense of pretty women to cause her to faint

The mu through your supports will help her get over this issue and at one point uses magic to help her but does it without telling her (because if she knew about it it probably wouldn't have helped her) which caused males to be seen as female and vice versa

And by the end of the support she's not under the affects of the spell anymore and has gotten over he issues and she turns out to be straight not gay or even bi

How tumblr perceived this:

OMG BI PAN LEBSIAN DRUGGED AND MANIPULATED BY THE PATRIARCHY FIRE EMBLEM IS HOMOPHOBIC AND IS AGAINST HOMOSEXUALITY
that summary has been explicitly proven to be complete bull****.

It's like everyday, something about Fire Emblem Fates just creates more controversy.
Whicg will either be really good or really bad for sales.

Regardless it's really bad for the translatorrs/localizers :laugh:
This is the year of salt

First there was the Xenoblade rap

then there was Roy/Ryu

now it's FE: Fates

and I love it
there was xenoblade salt?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Oh I see you claimed my husband

fight me
You wanna go? I'll have you know I've got fencing lessons*

*Haven't h
1v1 me, sis.I'll beat yoi

Joker is mine
I'm chill here while the Catfight goes on. Who wants popcorn

This is the year of salt

First there was the Xenoblade rap

then there was Roy/Ryu

now it's FE: Fates

and I love it
Forgot Federation Force, APEX 2015, Age of Ultron b******* and biggest salt ever cause

image.jpg

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
that summary has been explicitly proven to be complete bull****.
Both seem to be in the wrong. Soleil likes girls, my theory has been proven false and I hadn't been able to read Soleil's other supports. That Andrea person immediately yelled 'HOMOPHOBIC!' despite it nit being the case. The other one claimed Soleil never liked girls. She does confirm she's bi with Foleo, did read that quickly after hearing about it. Tvtropes had a...'unfortunate implication' or something, I'm not much of a troper
Whicg will either be really good or really bad for sales.

Regardless it's really bad for the translatorrs/localizers :laugh:
there was xenoblade salt?
People whined about the battle theme not being as good and being rap
1v1 me, sis.I'll beat you

Joker is mine
Alright, even though I should be sleeping. Add mah friend code. Unless you don't have Smash U. I will show that only I get to marry that handsome devil!

Khoru

Smash Champion
How can there be so much misinformation? And is there any evidence for any of this story's side?
everyone's trying to push their agenda
the..... "SJWs"? i'm not sure what to call them. there's a cultural divide there leading to a lot of misinterpretation.
whereas the other side, i forget which side is left or right, is trying to shut them down and pin them as "feminazis" or whatever the ****, thus interpreting stuff in the polar opposite direction and such

push has at least said that what he's seen translated from fates is accurate and faithful

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Alright, even though I should be sleeping. Add mah friend code. Unless you don't have Smash U. I will show that only I get to marry that handsome devil!
Imma go on and add it now, mostly because I really need to get back into playing smash more
*prepares to get bodied*

Even if I lose, that booty will forever be mine

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
As you may remember over three years ago, a game titled Fire Emblem Awakening was released to the public, changing the series for the worse. The game seemed more interested in pandering to the otaku crowd than actually building upon what made Fire Emblem the masterpiece series it once was. It was an absolutely disgraceful title; it wasn't Fire Emblem, it was a pathetic dating sim under the guise of a Fire Emblem game.

As you can gather from this, Awakening nearly killed the series.
lmfao, that's the best part right there.

Awakening saved the series.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Both seem to be in the wrong. Soleil likes girls, my theory has been proven false and I hadn't been able to read Soleil's other supports. That Andrea person immediately yelled 'HOMOPHOBIC!' despite it nit being the case. The other one claimed Soleil never liked girls. She does confirm she's bi with Foleo, did read that quickly after hearing about it. Tvtropes had a...'unfortunate implication' or something, I'm not much of a troper
right, yeah, i'm not necessarily defending the misinformation on that front either.
this will come across as biased, but i really don't think her posts were meant to mislead - it's just japan being so different that such a dialogue is considered okay for them.

D

Deleted member

You know, about this Joker husbando discussion...
What a bunch of-- *shots*

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
everyone's trying to push their agenda
the..... "SJWs"? i'm not sure what to call them. there's a cultural divide there leading to a lot of misinterpretation.
whereas the other side, i forget which side is left or right, is trying to shut them down and pin them as "feminazis" or whatever the ****, thus interpreting stuff in the polar opposite direction and such

push has at least said that what he's seen translated from fates is accurate and faithful
again, both seem to be in the wrong. Only problem I have with Soleil x Kamui Support is the drugging, the fact her skill Girl Lover stays says enough imo
So when referring to guys, you would call it a sasuage fest right? But in this situation, what would you call this?....

Would you call it...

a watermelon fest?

*slightly less flat than paper*
Q.Q

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I don't know how I forgot federation force on my salt list, holy ****.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Man, why do people care so much about this bs surrounding Soleil?

She is a 10/10 waifu, so no one should be complaining :awesome:
She's 6/10 at best. She's no Camilla or Oboro

again, both seem to be in the wrong. Only problem I have with Soleil x Kamui Support is the drugging, the fact her skill Girl Lover stays says enough imo

*slightly less flat than paper*
Q.Q
Be lucky, you're bigger than :4lucina:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

BECAUSE THE INTERNET MEANS I CAN WHINE ABOUT EVERYTHING NOT BEING 100% THE WAY I WANT IT!

I'd marry her instead of Joker if I lost and had the option
Imma go on and add it now, mostly because I really need to get back into playing smash more
*prepares to get bodied*

Even if I lose, that booty will forever be mine
I haven't played in a few weeks

I'll send pics of his booty so you don't feel neglected
right, yeah, i'm not necessarily defending the misinformation on that front either.
this will come across as biased, but i really don't think her posts were meant to mislead - it's just japan being so different that such a dialogue is considered okay for them.
I am 100% certain they'll rewrite the supports to make it more obvious that Kamui isn't trying to force her to be straight. That, or they'll change Soleil's character

D

Deleted member

lmfao, that's the best part right there.

Awakening saved the series.
"Hardcore" fans of any series are like this, look at the Melee fanbase, or the Pokemon one.
It doesn't matter what they change, it still won't be as good as the originals to them

There aren't as many aifus in Fates compared to Awakening(for better or for worse)
This is why I'm choosing best husbando this time *points to avatar*

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm just happy that Zero can be my husbando. And yes, I am in fact straight. He's just that guud.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know, the more I'm looking at petition, the more it seems like satire (or a troll petition).
From the poor JPG, to the melodrama, and even some of the arguments. It feels like it's less earnest and more a jab at the rabid fans.

D

Deleted member

I'm just happy that Zero can be my husbando. And yes, I am in fact straight. He's just that guud.
I know how you feel.

Also, where are all the "true" fire emblem fans? We need them to see this thread become a waifu/husbando discussion :troll:

Khoru

Smash Champion
You know, the more I'm looking at petition, the more it seems like satire (or a troll petition).
From the poor JPG, to the melodrama, and even some of the arguments. It feels like it's less earnest and more a jab at the rabid fans.
i thought that was the intent of its posting
no way can that be serious

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
His voice actor is bi irl and played bi characters including Dio Brando. And I read the Mkamui x Zero support, pretty heartwarming
Knew about Dio being bi, but didn't actually know he himself was too. That's awesome!

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I do not give a crap about what the characters sexualities are in Fire Emblem Fates.

I just want to be able to play it. C'mon Nintendo with that localization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom