• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Actually scratch what I said before, I can't tell if the man is being sarcastic or actually serious lol XD :p
Lol yeah, he posted this later on:
"Please go look at the other videos on my channel. Please google my name. If you honestly think after doing that that I am just some random dude editing videos to make it look like I can mod games, I don't know what else to say."

So... if this is what Sakurai went after, this seems so insignificant. lol

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I understand where you're coming from, I'm pretty sure I know what you're saying, and I agree to an extent, but they way you're saying it (to me at least) makes it seem like you think people have no right to criticize fiction, which I do not agree with. I know you said "attack", but contextually it seems like you're referring to "critique"

There's nothing wrong with critiquing fiction or anything or anyone else, regardless of whether you appreciate it or not. It's only potentially problematic when those critiques and words exchanges go beyond the topic or beyond words. I say "potentially" because there were moments in both the real and fictional worlds where critique has brought positive change: The fictional film I am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang actually played a strong role removing the chain gang system and moving the US government to do more for it's veterans; and critique and difference of beliefs/culture concerning of the US slave system resulted in a war that resulted in my race being free.....though we were and honestly still are 2nd class citizens on far too many occasions.

Heck, I'm religious and many people see my faith as fictitious; does that mean that I or my religion can't be questioned, just because it's a belief that a critic may not share?

Cultural relativism is just a single point in a counter critique. A difference in beleifs doesnt make something inherently right, which mean it should at the very least be open to discussion.
Critique is not quite what I meant, though critique is a rant for a different time.

I mean that if we can't respect what the work of fiction is supposed to be than going into what it can be is a bad idea.

Wasn't saying critique is bad.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Lol yeah, he posted this later on:
"Please go look at the other videos on my channel. Please google my name. If you honestly think after doing that that I am just some random dude editing videos to make it look like I can mod games, I don't know what else to say."

So... if this is what Sakurai went after, this seems so insignificant. lol
Well, now we just have to wait and find out what the hell "cross_f.rpx" means.

D

Deleted member

Really?

Holiday 2016 feels too soon for me. The Wii U has only been around for about 2 years and 7 months as of now. If it launches on Holiday 2016, itd be only 4 years old. Assuming the NX is the Wii U's successor, that is still too soon if you ask me
The thing is... the Wii U is a huge failure. I don't think pushing it until 2017 is going to help Nintendo's bottom line.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Critique is not quite what I meant, though critique is a rant for a different time.

I mean that if we can't respect what the work of fiction is supposed to be than going into what it can be is a bad idea.

Wasn't saying critique is bad.
Ah. I see. Personally I'd say that people should understand what it's supposed to be, not necessarily respect it. In most cases I agree that the idea, or at least the person with said idea should be be shown respect, though.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh yeah Pokemon.

POKKEN HYPE!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So the Nintendo PlayStation may have been found?
Cool, the story of how PlayStation came to be always fascinated me. How Nintendo pretty much created their own rivals. I wonder if they regret not going through with the deal with Sony?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So the Nintendo PlayStation may have been found?
Cool, the story of how PlayStation came to be always fascinated me. How Nintendo pretty much created their own rivals. I wonder if they regret not going through with the deal with Sony?
Certainly would have made the late 90's easier for them.

Sega definitely weren't gonna beat Nintendo and Sony combined in their condition.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Certainly would have made the late 90's easier for them.

Sega definitely weren't gonna beat Nintendo and Sony combined in their condition.
Yeah, seeing something like Twisted Metal or Crash Bandicoot debuting on a Nintendo platform would be crazy.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
i really wish katamari damacy were on a nintendo console
i want its music in smash

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So I found this thing on reddit and I though it would be a cool idea if some of you guys tried this.

Its basically a way to see what you would look like as a unit in Fire Emblem.

First, open this link in two tabs: https://www.random.org/integers/?num=1&min=1&max=17&col=1&base=10&format=html&rnd=new

The first tab is your base class, the second is your sole re-classing option. It corresponds as following: Cavalier (1), Knight (2), Fighter (3), Mercenary (4), Outlaw (5), Samurai (6), Oni Savage (7), Lance Fighter (8), Spellcaster (9), Priest/Priestess (10), Pegasus Warrior (11), Bowman (12), Wyvern Rider (13), Ninja (14), Dark Mage (15), Rod Knight (16), Herb Merchant (17).

The second part: https://www.random.org/integers/?num=8&min=0&max=100&col=8&base=10&format=html&rnd=new

These numbers are your growth rates. It starts from left to right. in the following order - HP/Str/Mag/Skl/Spd/Lck/Def/Res

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Sorry to bother you guys, but since there is a Pokken Stream fairly soon, could someone please provide a YouTube link IF there is one? Only way I can see, and I really wanna see the weird Japanese men do their naked dance-stuff while also showing some epic Pokken footage.

Thank you. c:

Khoru

Smash Champion
has anyone played the demo for the metroid 2 remake? it feels even better to play than zero mission

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Sorry to bother you guys, but since there is a Pokken Stream fairly soon, could someone please provide a YouTube link IF there is one? Only way I can see, and I really wanna see the weird Japanese men do their naked dance-stuff while also showing some epic Pokken footage.

Thank you. c:
I'm pretty sure its only on Nico nico :ohwell:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Don't ask me, didn't make it.
...Mickey in Smash would actually be pretty amazing. Sakurai wouldn't have been ****ing around when he said "best character game in the world".
I do not think it is that farfetched. Disney and Nintendo have an immense amount in common when it comes to what their mission statements seem to be, not to mention the ubiquitous longevity, character development, and target audience.

It's still Mario. I don't care how different the art style is; Marth and Roy are different people. Paper Mario and Mario are alternate universe versions of eachother.
Then you must have an issue with Sheik and ZSS as well. And go by the notion that current Pikachu is the old Pichu.
This gets into a philosophical conversation I have had here many times about what makes a person.
It is, of course, your aesthetic preferences as to what makes characters different. This is also where we get into, as a whole, the ideas of why we think certain characters fit at all or dont, or why "so and so is mandatory for this to be an all star game." To me, Paper Mario and Mario are as different as characters can get- far more than the space animals, psionic children, lords of an Emblem, could even possibly be.

...but visually, while it is still personal taste, I dont see at all how Paper Mario is more like Mario, than every Fire Emblem character is toward each other. The styles are just too different. It may be Mario (and not the same one), but it is disingenuous to me for Nintendo to ignore subsets of the Mario series, which are more prevalent than half of the other series represented, just because they were grouped into the same IP for sales purposes. De facto, the only thing in common between Mario and Paper Mario are the character relationships... and only sort of there.

And as the person you actually quoted, I'm telling you that's not what I meant.

The "proof" we were talking about was the two placeholder Mario slots found in the Mewtwo update. At the time of the Mewtwo update, there was no proof that those two characters were actually in development yet.

Obviously they are at this point, but back then, no, there was proof of nothing except that they prepared space for additional characters. That's what I meant.
Haha, it WAS you. Allow me to tell you what you meant, Burb. I will happily do it for Sakurai, too :019:
because it's supposed to be based on Epic Mickey; (if we ever get Mickey at Smash someday, I'd like to see him as mix of all his video game appearances. :p )
Then it would be a paintbrush.... I think we would get the iconic versions of the character, because that is the goal of adding a recognizable IP, and the route we have seen taken with all other characters of nostalgia.

If we got a paintbrush Mickey, Id wonder why we got Mickey at all.

D

Deleted member

Tr1pleDee said:
[/spoiler] Well that lasted a solid 30 seconds.
This pic alone shuts down the leak, but I also want to note another reason why that "leak" isn't real that I've noticed.

Pichu had a design change (as with many Gen 1 and Gen 2 Pokemon) from the switch to Generation 3. Smash Bros tends to use the latest design of that specific Pokemon, unless they tend to go for an anime look (Mewtwo for example in Smash 4 instead of his Generation 3/Modern appearance which is different from his Red and Blue appearance that was used in Melee).

Here is Pichu Pre Gen 3 by Ken Sugimori.

Here is Pichu Post Gen 3 by Ken Sugimori.

May not be easy to glance at first, but Pichu's head is actually wider in the original and his body doesn't go inward so significantly like it does post gen 3. The coloring used is also different with the original Pichu being primary yellow and with post gen 3 Pichu being a light faded out yellow. The ears on the post gen 3 design also have larger black lines and a narrower shape compared to the pre gen 3 design. There are a few more differences such as the cheeks, etc, but really all that needs to be said is the head shape is different between the designs.

Gen 2 Sprite

Gen 4 Sprite

Pikachu also uses his anime appearance compared to his Gen 3 design (like Mewtwo), but Melee Pichu is designed off his in-game appearance. The Gen IV anime appearance of Pichu looks like his Gen 3 design.

So in short: I FOUND YOU, FAKER!

Last edited by a moderator:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Thank you. c:
Naked men dancing? Pokemon fighter information?

...am I about to win the lottery?

For real though, how long until Pokken? Do I have time to rant about Fire Emblem?
Uninserted spoiler: I am actually DEFENDING the new game. I know, @Spazzy_D, I know.... it is a revolution.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom