• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Pfft, I only root for Nairo when he's using Ness anyway.

Doubles, G&W bucket shenanigans aside, was actually a lot more hype for me.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I still need help with my signature :"(

Honestly, I am not invested in the Smash 4 or Melee scene yet. But I do like Shroomed. Wish he won Melee sngles.
help with what part of the sig?

if it's the paper mario part, there;s some images in the OP of his thread specifically made to be used in sig.

Also, the leak thread doesn't exist....might want to update that :)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
What is it you were wanting to do again?
Was trying to implement icons instead of the mains names in the little MAINS: section of my signature. I was hoping for a flashy icon thing a lot of the people have here in their sigs but I can't do that, so I'm just trying to figure out how to at least put emotes in my signature.

I've been here for a year and never figured that out...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Was trying to implement icons instead of the mains names in the little MAINS: section of my signature. I was hoping for a flashy icon thing a lot of the people have here in their sigs but I can't do that, so I'm just trying to figure out how to at least put emotes in my signature.

Click your name on top of the page and get the drop down menu.

Go to signature. It'll open the edit signature page.

The botton for emotes is right there, just like a normal post.

Just type what you want and add whatever emotes you like.

D

Deleted member

signature.png

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Don't feel too sad over Smash 4 and Melee, in 15 minutes, true magic and hype is gonna happen

:4ryu:

Soul.

The dream was d e d when P I K A B O Y S was no longer a thing.
Them Sheik FAirs.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
God dang idk how I screwed up the spoiler tags, I could've sworn I even saw the published post and everything too. My bad, thanks @ Neo Zero Neo Zero for fixing it. >_> Sorry to everyone I spoiled with my incompetence.

D

Deleted member

It's gonna be sad if it takes a custom move that does something jank to take down Zero, I want to see him lose without them.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Wasn't there suppossed to be something smash related at CEO what was it.Don't remember anything hype happening(besides that ness and villager doubles)

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
God dang idk how I screwed up the spoiler tags, I could've sworn I even saw the published post and everything too. My bad, thanks @ Neo Zero Neo Zero for fixing it. >_> Sorry to everyone I spoiled with my incompetence.
you went SPOILERS in the first tag :p

And no problem (luckily I saw the movie far before then lol)

D

Deleted member

It's gonna be sad if it takes a custom move that does something jank to take down Zero, I want to see him lose without them.
I would like tosee the opposite, because that would mean the tournament allows customs.
Seriously, what's all this "custom" hate?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I would like tosee the opposite, because that would mean the tournament allows customs.
I don't understand that either. Items and stage restrictions I get, but the customs don't change gameplay elements as much as those do.

Heck, Palutena is a character who is pretty screwed if you're not using customs.

:4dk:alone is a huge reason for the hate.
then throw in :4pikachu: :4diddy: (people were really pissed about custom up b at one point) and for some the buffs to :4palutena::4wiifit::4ganondorf::4myfriends: etc just werent enough.

I still say banning things like dongnado is a good compromise for the devout anti-customs

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
:4dk:alone is a huge reason for the hate.
then throw in :4pikachu: :4diddy: (people were really pissed about custom up b at one point) and for some the buffs to :4palutena::4wiifit::4ganondorf::4myfriends: etc just werent enough.

I still say banning things like dongnado is a good compromise for the devout anti-customs
There's also :rosalina:custom side B aka easy spam. Customs can make things fun despite not helping :4littlemac::4sonic:&:4robinm:. Also Customs can make :4megaman: really dangerous if the setup is right

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Sakurai thinks that nerfing Sheik's K.O potential is the solution, but Sheik is broken thanks to her frame data and Needles, not her power.

And Rosalina... yeah, Luma needs obviously a knockback nerf and Rosalina, maybe, a weight nerf.
Also, someone fix that jab, a fast jab that does like 20% a can also kill is not balanced.

The other high tier characters are pretty OK, maybe Pikachu and Luigi need some little nerfs.

D

Deleted member

I mainly like customs because it fixes Ganon's recovery and gives him a combo kill option(Side-B into Dark Fists).
Mega Man gets a useful Down-B and great Up-B option.
Then there's Shulk and Power Vision.
There's also :rosalina:custom side B aka easy spam. Customs can make things fun despite not helping :4littlemac::4sonic:&:4robinm:. Also Customs can make :4megaman: really dangerous if the setup is right
Sonic doesn't need any "fixing" though.
Little Mac can get a better Up-B for recovery or Rising Smash and Guard Breaker is a straight upgrade from the default one.
Robin's customs are subjective though, Goetia is a good comand-grab and Arcfire's customs can be useful

D

Deleted member

Now that I've calmed down a bit, time for an intelligent response yay

ZeRo winning is a lot like the MvC2 days back in the day when Justin Wong was undefeated for I believe years at the game. Finally, a hero named Sanford Kelly emerged and took the god down.

We have our Jwong, now we just need our Sanford Kelly
If there's one thing we know about life, it's that nothing lasts forever. The hero will come and he will be victorious. Bet on it.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I mainly like customs because it fixes Ganon's recovery and gives him a combo kill option(Side-B into Dark Fists).
Mega Man gets a useful Down-B and great Up-B option.
Then there's Shulk and Power Vision.

Sonic doesn't need any "fixing" though.
Little Mac can get a better Up-B for recovery or Rising Smash and Guard Breaker is a straight upgrade from the default one.
Robin's customs are subjective though, Goetia is a good comand-grab and Arcfire's customs can be useful

Guard Break is a custom that looks good on paper but the thing is absolutely horrendous.

Robin's customs are okay but Arc Fire customs are just PK fires and Din's Fire

Soul.

I've seen people asking for Skull Bash nerfs because of the Smash Charge thing introduced in these games. It's not a glitch or anything.
Heavy Skull Bash after a Smash Charge is a guaranteed KO lol.

I'm indifferent towards customs/no customs. They make some characters better, while others get jank.
edit: lol no, customs do help Sonic. Hammer Spin Dash man.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guard Break is a custom that looks good on paper but the thing is absolutely horrendous.

Guard breaker only needs to be buffered correctly, you shouldn't use it right after hitstun, it's the only instance where that happens.
It has more power, range(? I don't have the move to test) and ignores shields, the only tradeoff is startup and potential SDs by acting out of hitstun

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
There are pizzas that don't use tomato based sauces.

The cheese is kind of deal breaker I suppose, but there's also probably pizzas out there that don't use it either.
Yup. You can get pizza's without cheese or with vegan cheese. And my favorite Pizza place, Uncle Maddio's, lets you choose the sauce you put on it: ranch, bufallo sauce, pesto, oil w/ herbs, etc.

Pizza is one of the few things in life that really can be what ever you want it to be :pimp:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Guard breaker only needs to be buffered correctly, you shouldn't use it right after hitstun, it's the only instance where that happens.
It has more power, range(? I don't have the move to test) and ignores shields, the only tradeoff is startup and potential SDs by acting out of hitstun
Range seems similar, but it's main advantage is the super armor

D

Deleted member

I'm not against customs, but I'm against customs that lead to infinite combos (no matter how hard they are to do someone will pull it off in tournament) and match stalling. Some customs are beneficial for characters, and instead of all being available maybe the community should decide on one custom set per character that further balances them, since its clear that customs were not taken into the games balance much.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm not against customs, but I'm against customs that lead to infinite combos (no matter how hard they are to do someone will pull it off in tournament) and match stalling. Some customs are beneficial for characters, and instead of all being available maybe the community should decide on one custom set per character that further balances them, since its clear that customs were not taken into the games balance much.
Or just ban infinite combos :glare:

D

Deleted member

just banning infinites won't fix the balance of customs. Does Pikachu really need a jolt that stuns? does rosalina need moves that make her and luma even stronger and tougher to deal with? Theres a lot to take into consideration with customs, and they might be fun, but they seem to separate the tiers the characters seem to fall in right now a lot

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant

The falling while doing Guard Breaker only happens if you do it while still in momentum from knockback. Use it properly and that won't happen.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

More work on the custom music front by soneek!

so this is a thing.

all you fates and or waifu fans have fun

slight bit of language near the end. might be fates spoilers at the end as well but I dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom