• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well, I just finished unlocking everyone: Duck Hunt was my last unlock with Palutena being my second to last. We'll see if I proceed on to WoL or take a break for a while and revisit it later.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
My updated log of characters I unlocked...

:ultness:
:ultzelda:
:ultbowser:
:ultsonic:
:ultpit:
:ultkrool:
:ultinkling:
:ultpokemontrainer:
:ultlucario:
:ultwiifittrainer:
:ultfalcon:
:ultjigglypuff:
:ultmarth:
:ultyounglink:

So far, Marth and Young Link are my favorite characters to play as. K. Rool is great as well.
Forgot to add :ulticeclimbers:who I got before making that post lol.

:ultness:
:ultzelda:
:ultbowser:
:ultsonic:
:ultpit:
:ultkrool:
:ultinkling:
:ultpokemontrainer:
:ultlucario:
:ultwiifittrainer:
:ultfalcon:
:ultjigglypuff:
:ulticeclimbers:
:ultmarth:
:ultyounglink:
:ultpacman:
:ultpeach:
:ultryu:
:ultike:
:ultsimon:

Damn i'm pretty slow lol.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You just unlocked Simon Belmont? He was my fifth unlock lol
Yeah I got him in VS Mode. I think that's the fastest way whereas i've been going through a lot of different modes, the slower way.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah I got him in VS Mode. I think that's the fastest way whereas i've been going through a lot of different modes, the slower way.
Playing anything is fast as long as you are playing matches every 10 minutes you get a challenger.

Ivander

Smash Legend
When I first got the game, I did the Classic characters that lead up to Simon and Richter and got them early on, since they were the ones I wanted to play with most.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
World of Light unlocks characters faster? I've been just unlocking characters via VS matches and Classic Mode as I want to save World of Light for last once I unlock everyone.

Only 12 more left for me
:ultsheik::ultwolf::ultdarksamus::ultmewtwo::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit::ultduckhunt::ultgnw::ultken::ultcloud:
World of Light is the longest and most grinding way to unlock characters

D

Deleted member

Maybe you just suck.
Oh, stop it. You are not helping.

Still no unlocks, I'm about this close to giving up. I'm sick and tired of not even getting a hit in, This game is too hard,
Look, honey, you are not the only one who is having these difficulties. The artificial intelligence has improved even more from Smash 4 it appears. Sakurai saw fit to do this after watching the competitive scene. Between you and me, the improved AI is what I fear most about Ultimate when I get my hands on it but I am up for the challenge. I remember in Smash 4 I unlocked most of the characters by way of Ganoncide (thank God for :4ganondorf:)

Here is a tip: Kirbycide could help (not in Smash 4 obviously). I hear :ultkirby: usually wins from Swallowcide. Try that out, and let me know how it worked out.

Sayonara :kirby:

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
All-Star Smash sucks. The fighters start coming and they don’t stop coming. They might as well have not put it in since it’s nothing like the old version.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
World of Light is longer but easier, the other methods are faster but harder.

It's all about whether you're a hotshot or if you're willing to go the "slow and steady wins the race" route.

Personally I went with the latter. I think I won at least SOME of the challenge fights that popped up every time I finished playing with people IRL or backed out of the mode, though, so maybe I'm better at this game than I thought? LOL

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

It's all about whether you're a hotshot or if you're willing to go the "slow and steady wins the race" route.

Personally I went with the latter. I think I won at least SOME of the challenge fights that popped up every time I finished playing with people IRL or backed out of the mode, though, so maybe I'm better at this game than I thought? LOL
If by “a hotshot” you mean “stubborn as ****” then sure... I’m a hotshot,

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, I started New Game+ on the Adventure mode and now on Hard mode.

Time to test my skills. :drshrug:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I need to play more Majoras mask. I miss it in my life... *immediately goes back to binge watching Doctor Who and Better Call Saul*

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Just started my latest run of Banjo-Kazooie.

I usually run both N64 Banjo games every other year in December. It's become a tradition of sorts. My last two runs were in 2014 and 2016.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Some suggestions when doing Spirit Battles/World of Light:

-Little Mac + Fist/Physical Attack Primary Spirit(like Chun-Li or Spring Man) + Land Style + Fist Attack/Neutral Special/All Special/Immunity Spirits:
Using this Setup, Little Mac can cheese some Spirit fights by using his Neutral B, thanks to his Neutral B giving him Super Armor when charging and releasing after a full charge. By increasing the amount of damage on his Neutral B, it allows him to Two-Hit KO most Spirits and most of the time, they won't dodge it. It also destroys shields easily, making enemies vulnerable to another Charged Neutral B. It's also useful for Stamina Spirits, although for the higher Stamina ones, it'll take quite a few punches.

-Marth or Lucina + Medusa(Kid Icarus Uprising) Primary Spirit or 3 Slot Spirit + Land Style + Giant Zapfish/Victini: The AI tends to get hit by Marth or Lucina's Forward Smash attacks quite a lot. By using the KIU Medusa Primary Spirit or a 3-slot Spirit with the Giant Zapfish, it makes them Giant, thus giving them more range and power to their attacks as well as harder to launch in the first few seconds. Combine this with the Victini Spirit and you'll often sends the Spirits or Fighters flying after the 2nd Smash attack. It's also useful for Stamina matches.
However, unless it's Medusa, it's not exactly good with Spirits that require an immunity to battle. On the other hand, if you get the Frog & Snake Spirit and enhance it to the Prince of Sable Spirit, combining the Prince of Sable with the Giant Zapfish allows the Giant transformation to last longer thanks to the Prince of Sable's Transformation Duration Up trait.

-https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/a5k8jz/psa_how_to_beat_most_spirit_battles_in_5_seconds/ : This setup uses the Villager with a Support Spirit that gives a Super Launch Star. The Ouendan Cheerleaders, which can give one, can be found early in World of Light. But basically, you place the Super Launch Star so that it sends fighters down to the blast zone, than lure the enemies into the Star, whether they do it by themselves or you throw them into it.

-3 Slot Primary Spirit + Reese & Cyrus Support Spirit: The Reese & Cyrus Spirit gives the Ore Club, which is a useful item overall thanks to Super Armor and a good Smash attack. The huge backside is that it requires 3 slots to use them. They can be found early in World of Light. Combine with a Primary Spirit that increases Weapon Attack(like Sirius) or Item Attack or any trait that powers up the Ore Club to make it more useful.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know what disappoints me most about Ultimate so far? The lack of the traditional menu font.

It's been in every game since Melee, but Ultimate just uses the generic Switch UI font instead. The menus just don't feel the same without it.

In other news, I just found out the music page on the official website for the game now has a list of other games each artist is known for, and:

It's happening, get hype ****ers.
I know it doesn't mean much of anything but at least someone involved with some aspect of the music for Smash knows EO exists
I'd never be able to tell it was him who did the Guile's Theme remix. Really wish some of his Smash remixes sounded like EO tracks lol.

D

Deleted member

I just found out Lyon's Spirit Battle takes place on Unova League and honestly, this just makes me so ****ing happy because that's my boy on my favorite Smash stage.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm still grinding through my WoL run. Taken a few shots at the Spirit Board, ran Classic with :ultmario::ultpikachu::ultlucario::ultkrool:, but I'm largely unlocking based on some mix of WoL and whoever shows up when I back out of WoL.

Currently have 53 characters and some 300 spirits unlocked, but I ain't even got the whole board visible.

These matches are each (mostly) pretty satisfying though, when the jank isn't terrible. They just get exhausting after a bit.

Well, I started New Game+ on the Adventure mode and now on Hard mode.

Time to test my skills. :drshrug:
Welcome to my world, fam.

I sympathize in advance.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Fssshhhhhh Fire Emblem Veggietales guy asked for Smash Bros doodle ideas yesterday and I casually tossed what's been popping into -my- mind when I'm bored lately into the feverish scramble of comments. Guess I'm not the only person who thinks this entire hypothetical scenario is hilarious LOL

https://icarian-arts.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F181066566891

Ivander

Smash Legend
I need to ask, has anyone fought the Rex Spirit yet? If so, was it a Shulk using Sharla's Alt? Or the Mii Swordfighter costume?

Chrono.

I need to ask, has anyone fought the Rex Spirit yet? If so, was it a Shulk using Sharla's Alt? Or the Mii Swordfighter costume?
It's just Shulk using the Sharla alt.

Alongside Pyracina and the flippin' lava floor.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Shulk using Sharla's alt.
Also Lucina with Severa alt, aka the red one.
It's just Shulk using the Sharla alt.

Alongside Pyracina and the flippin' lava floor.
I'm just making sure as a Wiki said it was the Mii Swordfighter as the main fighter for Rex. And considering Rex's costume is DLC, I was just curious at the possibility of the Rex Mii Swordfighter possibly replacing Shulk.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
But it's all about the journey
Nah

Classic Mode was easier

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm just making sure as a Wiki said it was the Mii Swordfighter as the main fighter for Rex. And considering Rex's costume is DLC, I was just curious at the possibility of the Rex Mii Swordfighter possibly replacing Shulk.
I feel like his costume being DLC eliminates that possibility, but I haven't found Rex in the board yet so I can't confirm.

Remind me why none of you are reading this gem again?
Too much work.

Chrono.

This is hilarious, Capcom added ads to SFV between rounds. That alone isn't too bad... But then they do this.

DuLusFjWkAU8Jg_.0.jpg
sfv 1a-noscale.jpg
48403343_585140788625813_961850109098721280_n.png

There was like... no effort put into this. They just plastered stickers all over costumes. Like I could've done that.

The saving grace is that you can turn it off.
Remind me why none of you are reading this gem again?
What manga is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom