• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

lul, I haven't seen her since 2011, we talk on FB from time to time, but I don't have that kind of feelings for her anymore, however she still is a very special person for me.
Oh, glad to hear you two are good with each other.
You ever going to get a crush? I am not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's an interesting question for you all...

What do you think of characters who are well intentioned extremists? And where do you think the lines are crossed?

Chrono.

So this guy got memed.
Been seeing variations of this post all day on Twitter.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Reflex vs gravi-- what?
Ok, fine, I do a jump into a triple flip and land on my feet without making a noise.
thats not how this works but okay
due to your lack of preception check you get caught mip second flip by an invisible android 16 who has no other options

and that ladys and gentlemen is why you dont try to cheat

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Dont know if people still care for the tournament brackets meme, but here's one that might interest some of you...

It was relatively easy until I had to decide between Melee and HGSS before it got put against BotW.
If Mario Kart Double Dash or MKDS was there, it'd be complete stomp.

Tough choosing between Metroid Prime 1 and SM Sunshine, same with Super Metroid and DKC2. Also, Yoshi's Island has it easy for the first two rounds.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

What do you think of characters who are well intentioned extremists? And where do you think the lines are crossed?
You mean characters like Magneto?

Because I've never considered him truly a villain. His intentions are good and for his kind, he just really goes overboard.

He's probably the cutting off point to me. And the best example of that type of character.

Typically if he even goes too far he shows remorse. X-Men: The Last Stand was a horrible X-Men film, but I loved Magneto in it because they at least got that right. He had a clear deal of remorse with how and what he'd pushed Jean to do.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
You ever going to get a crush? I am not.
lmao, you cannot simply decide that, because it simply happens.

Entering High School I didn't give a **** about chicks, then I saw her; her vivid eyes, nice smile and funny laugh. Months later I slimmed 30 pounds and was gaining a six pack just to be attractive to her.

It just happens, man, it is part of growing up and also a learning experience.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I think its fascinating. Seeing a character be completely blinded by their ideals, that is. It works better when you know the character has had a hard life or a traumatic experience. Magneto from the X-Men serves at the perfect example of this type of villain, he wants to make life better for Mutants, seeing what he went through in WWII, and is going through again as a mutant himself. But he clearly views himself as superior rather than equal, with quite a lack of self-reflection.

I don't know if you'd call Venom one of these, since he isn't well intention-ed for the most part, but it's clear he let his hatred for Spider-Man make him an even worse person, and only until Carnage shows up does Eddy slowly become a Neutral character who fights heroes and villains alike.

As for where the line is crossed, depends for each person of course, but I would say in taking even a single life that isn't in self defense.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Not my fault you use that thing
I actually don't. Its 2018, I use gmail like everyone else and mostly for account stuff like Smashboards.

But if I were to talk to you outside of Smashboards I would talk to you via yahoo and not gmail because you deserve the worst for calling me out on my typo.

I'm not salty about that. I'm just disappointed.
It felt real, but it wasn't romantic, so my boxers are free of sin stains.
She even played XCX with me lul.
So they were more like a best friend then?
If that was a bad memory, sorry :p
I don't think it was bad. I mean it might of been at one point but its more like, "wow that happened".
Still I managed to confess to her in the last day of school. I 200% knew I was getting rejected but I still spent an entire day gathering force from within myself just to say the words, I think that made me grow as a person tbh.
Yeah sometimes you just gotta go nuts first, you know? Its like when you're driving fast and a squirrel runs across the road. Do you hit the brakes and potentially have someone rear end you or just say **** it and hit the *******? Because personally, I hate squirrels, I think they're a menace to society, and I've never heard of a squirrel being pleasant. Like you see that fluffy tail and you're like, "it cute" then it steals your cat's food and you like, "wow you're a ****ing free loader, I'm gonna hit you with my car" so you just run him over because you have grudge issues against the species and you get a little bump but you smile satanically because you knew you sent that ******* straight to hell. The point is, if you see a squirrel, kill it. Only his family will miss him and they're squirrels too so who gives a ****.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
thats not how this works but okay
due to your lack of preception check you get caught mip second flip by an invisible android 16 who has no other options

and that ladys and gentlemen is why you dont try to cheat
Screw it, forget the subtle approach, I shout Big Bang attack, and fire at the darn china and coffee table.

Chrono.

Entering High School I didn't give a **** about chicks, then I saw her; her vivid eyes, nice smile and funny laugh. Months later I slimmed 30 pounds and was gaining a six pack just to be attractive to her.

It just happens, man, it is part of growing up.
But now its all about waifus right??

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yeah. Magneto is hard to top when it comes to the well meaning extremist type of character.

I mean lately the dude hasn't been a true villain for a while. Ever since Charles most recent death (god I hate comics for making you have to say **** like this) he's just been chilling with the X-Men. Granted for a while he was also on Emma Frost and Cyclops more ''Extreme" X-Men team.

But that was also a really really really really weird case of where they tried to turn Cyclops the golden boy who was Charles Xavier 2.0 into someone more like Magneto 2.0.

D

Deleted member

It just happens, man, it is part of growing up and also a learning experience.
Mm hmm. I am a little scared of getting married and having to raise a family of children.
I will probably stay single, even if I have a crush when I am older.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Mm hmm. I am a little scared of getting married and having to raise a family of children.
I will probably stay single, even if I have a crush when I am older.
You never know, Shiny; you might decide you'll really like a girl and have the courage to ask her out and get to know her more. Regardless, you're still at a young age, so you don't need to start thinking about this stuff yet (I'd say wait until you get to college or even wait until after college before you start pursuing this kind of stuff). Even then, it's not a bad thing to keep in mind for the future.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Shiny, may I ask why at 14 you're so worried about children and marriage in the first place?

Like just let yourself be young for a while. Eventually when the time comes you will worry about things of that nature.

And even if by some chance you do stay single most of your life. So what? Don't let society's standards and enforced views on what the perfect life is get you down or make you worry about such things.

But especially at 14 fricking years old.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
But now its all about waifus right??
Basically. If I can get shredded again, this time for Mythra, then I can do anything.

It sounds motivational, but just proves Amalthus was right.

D

Deleted member

You never know, Shiny; you might decide you'll really like a girl and have the courage to ask her out and get to know her more. Regardless, you're still at a young age, so you don't need to start thinking about this stuff yet (I'd say wait until you get to college or even wait until after college before you start pursuing this kind of stuff). Even then, it's not a bad thing to keep in mind for the future.
Shiny, may I ask why at 14 you're so worried about children and marriage in the first place?

Like just let yourself be young for a while. Eventually when the time comes you will worry about things of that nature.

And even if by some chance you do stay single most of your life. So what? Don't let society's standards and enforced views on what the perfect life is get you down or make you worry about such things.

But especially at 14 fricking years old.
You're only 14, so you don't need to be scared about that for awhile.
Good point.
Being 14 can be joyful and relaxing, but being older makes me less annoying and more... "helpful".

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
14 is a scary age tbf.
I mean, yeah, you're right, but your teen years are scary in general because there's a lot of change, then you get all ''Yay, 18. Phew." And you have a brief chill period until you're own your own as an adult and then your back to worrying again.

I guess what I'm trying to say is. Life is a pretty scary place if you're not a child.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>I don't know **** about D&D

I roll a D78

I win \o/

----

Later nerds, Im going to wreck **** with my Skell in Chapter 7

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Alright I'm gonna roll a 10 sided die for dinner. If its below five, I don't get to eat.

EDIT: I got a six.

So see you beautiful cringy roleplayers later.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I'd like to roll for a perception check.
Roll 2 D6, and tell me what your looking for.

i got a 3
You at first start to feel the curse of the Weeb slowly start to turn yo, slowly feeling your eyes get bigger, however because of your plus 2 resistance to anime, you Natz~ Natz~ realise you are fine, and go on to adventure another day.

>I don't know **** about D&D

I roll a D78

I win \o/
No, actually you failed in your don't disappoint Kirby check, Kirby is very disappointed in you now :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom