• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

They probably expect us to expect them to release a Smash trailer, but what if we expect that they expect us to expect a Smash trailer and in reality not expect anthing?.... but what if we expect the unexpected and they expect us to expect something unexpected and don't show anything?... but what if we don't expect the unexpected and simply expect Smash?

Shantae Confirmed.
That's what they want you to think.

Then they'll jumpscare us with both FNAF on Switch and Freddy in Smash.
Why?

We were not ready for Freddy.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

That's what they want you to think.

Then they'll jumpscare us with both FNAF on Switch and Freddy in Smash.
Why?

We were not ready for Freddy.
Freddy wouldn't work as a Smash fighter due to his lore, it's clearly going to be Purple Guy.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know I'm amazed we've not gotten a horror-fighting game.
Like the closest we've gotten was Terrordrome, and even then that was an indie fangame.

(Yes I know there's Darkstalkers but it's not exactly the kind of horror I'm talking about.)

Chrono.

Like the closest we've gotten was Terrordrome, and even then that was an indie fangame.

(Yes I know there's Darkstalkers but it's not exactly the kind of horror I'm talking about.)
Mortal Kombat X is kinda close. Except not really.

Idk how'd you make a horror/fighting game anyway, doesn't feel like two genres that mesh well. Unless you mean a horror movie themed character fighting game. Which is more doable.

For what it's worth, Hisako from Killer Instinct is basically a huge homage to J-Horror. With jump scares and screams and everything.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So the panel in a nutshell:

"Mania good. Mania make us money. Mania get good reviews. People like Mania. We make more Mania."

"Also Can You Feel The Sunshine."

I am okay with this.

SEGA All Stars Racing seems to be back in business.
The last game was one of the best kart racers in a long time, here's hoping this one continues momentum.
Noooot quite All-Stars. They emphasized this isn't a sequel to any existing Sonic Racing series. So it's probably just... Sonic Kart minus SEGA.

Boooooo.

I need my Sega Nostalgia.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Depends on said 4*

Like Ivander said, Reinhardt should be a priority, especially if he's +Atk/-Spd
I actually think a 5-Star Greentome is a bigger priority than Reinhardt, especially one with Gronraven. Basically, either Female Robin with inherited Gronraven or Cecilia(both of whom are free to get), as both are fantastic against Reinhardt and Brave Lyn.
SEGA All Stars Racing seems to be back in business.
The last game was one of the best kart racers in a long time, here's hoping this one continues momentum.
Transformed was a great game, but here's hoping the roster has more variation, as while Transformed's roster was good, I felt it didn't really spread out enough. Like seriously, we need Phantasy Star, Shining, Valkyria Chronicles, Gunstar Heroes, etc.

I think Mortal Kombat X somewhat reached that. I mean, that had Freddy, Jason, Alien, Predator, and Leatherface.

In all honesty, I'd like to see NeatherRealm's take on a mythology fighting game, with gods like Thor, Anubis, Zeus, Lugh, etc.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Mortal Kombat X is kinda close. Except not really.

Idk how'd you make a horror/fighting game anyway, doesn't feel like two genres that mesh well. Unless you mean a horror movie themed character fighting game. Which is more doable.

For what it's worth, Hisako from Killer Instinct is basically a huge homage to J-Horror. With jump scares and screams and everything.
I mean we've had horror characters + elements of horror implemented into fighting games. It is a possibility.

I highly doubt we'd ever see a crossover horror game. But I do see the potential in horror.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Mortal Kombat X kind of gives you that too. I mean, with Jason, Leatherface, Alien and Predator. On top of the usual MK gore. with guys like, Spooky Aztec Kotal Kahn(he's pretty cool), Yuck Mouth Mileena, Bug Lady Davorah and Goro. Not sure if you'd find Ninjas scary though.

Killer Instinct also has some horror tropes with Sabrewulf, Kan-ra, Spial, Riptor and Hisako. ARIA, Kilgore and Fulgore fit that in a Terminator kind of way.

EDIT: Jeez, didn't think so many people would have already answered.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Mortal Kombat X kind of gives you that too. I mean, with Jason, Leatherface, Alien and Predator. On top of the usual MK gore. with guys like, Spooky Aztec Kotal Kahn(he's pretty cool), Yuck Mouth Mileena, Bug Lady Davorah and Goro. Not sure if you'd find Ninjas scary though.
Goro getting nothing was funnier than it should've been :laugh:

Killer Instinct also has some horror tropes with Sabrewulf, Kan-ra, Spial, Riptor and Hisako. ARIA, Kilgore and Fulgore fit that in a Terminator kind of way.
Not to mention General Raam feels kinda horror-ish in KI.

Especially with his Instinct.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Do you have any Green Tome users? Or do you have Reinhardt?
Trust me, if I had a Reinhardt, you'd already see him in the 5* list. I would pluck 20,000 feathers - by hand, off Uni - to jump him if I could.

Green tome selection ain't prime unless I can bump a 3* Nino all the way up. Even if I could she'd be fighting Grima for a slot, except perhaps on a dedicated mage team.

Depends on said 4*

Like Ivander said, Reinhardt should be a priority, especially if he's +Atk/-Spd
See above.

Who's that eyepatch guy never seen him.
How the **** do you have a Leo AND a Saber? They don't exist, everyone knows that.
Whatever joke this is, it's lost on me.

Also nice! You have Marth. i wasted so many orbs on flachion banner and didn't get him. (but got Lucina awesome...first try lol I hate that greedy banner)
Honestly forgot I had Marth at all.

Could jump him or Chrom if I needed a Falchion user. Which, won't lie, this TT has me tempted.

Mine has like 6 with skill inheritance but not all have grinded up the SP to finish them.
Your who?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Honestly I have a love/hate relationship with Mortal Kombat X.
Like I've played it, it's okay. But like... I can see where people come from when they say Neatherrealms aren't the best at making entertaining fighting games.

To save a long diatribe about animation, how an attack should look, and the small details in their posing, of which not many would give two ****s about, it's not the best. And it only got worse with Injustice 2.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Green tome selection ain't prime unless I can bump a 3* Nino all the way up. Even if I could she'd be fighting Grima for a slot, except perhaps on a dedicated mage team.
If she has good IVs, Nino is worth it, I think.

Blade tomes in general are ****ing stupid in the right team formations.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
But I don't want Waifu **** in AW, it just doesn't fit to me, it works in FE for me, cause your actually supposed to actively avoid unit deaths in FE, where as AW is just build units and make them work to a certain strategy, while not having worry about persevering the units in question. And I honestly don't think an avatar like character would work in AW, cause of CO powers, and locking certain CO powers behind a avatar character just seems wrong to me.

Plus didn't AW already do a kind of side mode where characters interacted between each other? I can't remember what it was called, I haven't played AW, or watch a let's play of it in a while.
I don't want it either but if AW comes back you better believe it's going to have that feature. I think the avatar thing can work in AW where you can change the kind of CO Powers your avatar uses.

Are you thinking of Dual Strike's Tag Mode? That was the one where you had Tag Powers and all which I think can be reintroduced in a new AW albeit a lot less broken.
How about a new game instead?
I would love to agree with you but I don't see that happening any time soon. I would settle for Andy being in Smash Bros if we get anything at all for the franchise's anniversary.

That being said, I think they could do a Legacy Collection of sorts where they port all 4 AW games on the 3DS with online play and stuff. Not holding my breath on it but if there's no new game on the horizon it's something IS can do to not have the series rot.
I disagree, top 5 Nintendo series are Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, Kirby and Fire Emblem. I still still think Splatoon needs to prove it can sell a console with its 3rd game, Splatoon 2 was still riding the Switch hype, and Splatoon 1 hype to me. And I'm sure it will prove itself, but it may not be able beat Fire Emblem
Splatoon is much larger than Fire Emblem by sales numbers alone let alone the audience it attracts. Splatoon being new means nothing. FE is on the level of Animal Crossing and Donkey Kong in series that are big but not Nintendo's staple IP's.
Actually the last 3 Paper Mario games have been experimental in away, with Colour Splash basically improving the sticker Star system, otherwise Paper Mario seems to be a series that Intelligent System likes to try new RPG mechanics on, with the 2nd one streamlining them.

Was it because you found it got stale by 7, or did you just lose interest in it? Cause if its the latter, nevermind this part.
Yeah I just lost interest in Mario Party because in the Wii/PS3/360 era I was buying less games then I did the two generations before. And now I have no interest at all with the new mechanics they added in.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Goro getting nothing was funnier than it should've been :laugh:

Not to mention General Raam feels kinda horror-ish in KI.

Especially with his Instinct.
After all the BS he pulled back in the day, his name should say enough.

I guess Raam would fit the bill too. Same with Mira since she's a vampire and Glasius being an alien. Eyedoll and Gargos being straight up monsters, even if they aren't movie tropes should still count too.

Like I've played it, it's okay. But like... I can see where people come from when they say Neatherrealms aren't the best at making entertaining fighting games.

To save a long diatribe about animation, how an attack should look, and the small details in their posing, of which not many would give two ****s about, it's not the best. And it only got worse with Injustice 2.
In terms of content they do a good job, and the games are fun enough. But they do have their faults. For all the effort they put into facial animations in Injustice 2, many of the fighting animations are still pretty lacking and dated. Namely that many of the attacks look limp and weaker than they should, barring certain special moves. There's not enough "OOMF" to a lot of punches and kicks.

A lot of their idle poses were off for the longest time, but Sub-Zero's in MKX was actually a major improvement. As were Liu Kang's walk cycles. Had they copy-pasted those walking animations on to the Flash, that'd make his walk better. Which is really important for a speedy fighter.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Does anyone here still watch Adventure Time? I stopped actively following it like four years ago. Partially because I didn't like the direction of a few episodes, and partially because I got lazy and just gradually fell behind on it.

I'm considering trying to catch up with it again. It used to be my favorite show.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Cuts aren't just something that people make up; either because they don't like a character, or think a character should leave for someone "worthy". It's a realistic part of fighting game development.
Oh god, this misconception is the most annoying thing about it.

The grand majority of the times I've mentioned that the belief there'd be "minimal cuts" is unrealistic, I've had at least one person reply with "WHY WOULD YOU WANT CUTS?".

It's like they don't understand that what you think will happen and what you want to happen aren't necessarily going to be the same thing.

Chrono.

I kinda agree honestly.

Dad bought both Injustice games and MKXL but I really can't get into them for more than a quick arcade run. Injustice 2's weird loot box/gear system was a turn off as well.

I guess the presentation is also a factor. All of them feel dark and broody, which work for them, just not for me. Also the music in all these NRS games is super generic/forgettable but I'm just nitpicking now.

D

Deleted member

Megaman has major fan backing and all his games (those ones being the games the original Megaman starred in), except 8, are on a Nintendo console.
Technically, Mega Man Anniversary Collection for GameCube (and soon Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 + 2 for Switch) includes 8.

Though as far as initial/individual releases go, yeah, 8 wasn't on a Nintendo console.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Does anyone here still watch Adventure Time? I stopped actively following it like four years ago. Partially because I didn't like the direction of a few episodes, and partially because I got lazy and just gradually fell behind on it.

I'm considering trying to catch up with it again. It used to be my favorite show.
I still watch it from time to time, most of the plot mysteries already got explained, but focusing too much on sidestories messed the show, it is still good, but is nothing like the first seasons.

You should check the three mini-series; Elements is pretty underrated imo.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
In terms of content they do a good job, and the games are fun enough. But they do have their faults. For all the effort they put into facial animations in Injustice 2, many of the fighting animations are still pretty lacking and dated. Namely that many of the attacks look limp and weaker than they should, barring certain special moves. There's not enough "OOMF" to a lot of punches and kicks.

A lot of their idle poses were off for the longest time, but Sub-Zero's in MKX was actually a major improvement. As were Liu Kang's walk cycles. Had they copy-pasted those walking animations on to the Flash, that'd make his walk better. Which is really important for a speedy fighter.
Oh yeah they have a lot of content.
But it's like, I look at why Guilty Gear or even like Street Fighter are fun to watch. And it's not just the framedata or the meta, it's the presentation. Like visuals are a massive part of fighting games. Not just in looking pretty, but also giving you cues of the where and when of an attack. And yeah I don't know what it's been but Neatherrealms it very hit or miss with it, with Injustice 2 probably being one of their worst examples.

Like even Marvel Infinite, as bad as the models may be, still at least got the idea of fighting game animations down. (And of course Marvel 3 was an absolute fun time to watch).

D

Deleted member

Saber hasn't had a banner since his release and he's a 5* exclusive in a summoning pool full of Reds, making him extremely rare. Hell it was at a point the FEH reddit had every(possible) unit at +10 registered... Except Saber...
Leo is kind of in the same boat but I think he had some banner appearences I'm not aware of. He hasn't had a banner since September at least.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Saber hasn't had a banner since his release and he's a 5* exclusive in a summoning pool full of Reds, making him extremely rare. Hell it was at a point the FEH reddit had every(possible) unit at +10 registered... Except Saber...
Leo is kind of in the same boat but I think he had some banner appearences I'm not aware of. He hasn't had a banner since September at least.
Leo's probably going to appear on the 21st. That is when the new "Weapons to Refine" Summoning Focus comes up. And Leo and Eirika recently got new refinable weapons.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
...well. Weird.

Leo was the first 5* I ever pulled, not long after FEH debuted. Saber I got off-banner out of nowhere.

If that's lucky, so far neither one's performance has made me feel like it.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I still watch it from time to time, most of the plot mysteries already got explained, but focusing too much on sidestories messed the show, it is still good, but is nothing like the first seasons.

You should check the three mini-series; Elements is pretty underrated imo.
I do know that a lot of other stories of different characters got explored in later seasons. I can definitely see that messing with it's quality, but as long as it's not terrible, I'm down to try getting back into it. I stopped watching a little more than halfway into Season 5.

I've actually got Stakes recorded. Just haven't watched it yet. Elements is a newer one, right? I'll probably watch them all along the way, if I get into it again.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Okay, real talk.
If we're getting a new Sega All Stars Racing.

Segeta Sanshiro.
Come on guys this needs to happen.

Edit: Holy **** I just realized.
Sega owns the Yakuza series.
That could actually work. I want to main Kiryu.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I kinda agree honestly.

Dad bought both Injustice games and MKXL but I really can't get into them for more than a quick arcade run. Injustice 2's weird loot box/gear system was a turn off as well.

I guess the presentation is also a factor. All of them feel dark and broody, which work for them, just not for me. Also the music in all these NRS games is super generic/forgettable but I'm just nitpicking now.
Some of the older MK games, namely MK2 and MK3 had some cool tracks. But I think since MK vs DC, it started doing that boring ass "cinematic" music style. Which has now plagued Marvel Infinite and I'm worried it'll do the same for the new Spider-Man game.

Oh yeah they have a lot of content.
But it's like, I look at why Guilty Gear or even like Street Fighter are fun to watch. And it's not just the framedata or the meta, it's the presentation. Like visuals are a massive part of fighting games. Not just in looking pretty, but also giving you cues of the where and when of an attack. And yeah I don't know what it's been but Neatherrealms it very hit or miss with it, with Injustice 2 probably being one of their worst examples.

Like even Marvel Infinite, as bad as the models may be, still at least got the idea of fighting game animations down. (And of course Marvel 3 was an absolute fun time to watch).
Oh I get what you mean, things like the anticipation for attacks, recovery animations and large snappy hit sparks help relay information to the player, it isn't there to just look cool, even if that is also important to a certain degree.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Trust me, if I had a Reinhardt, you'd already see him in the 5* list. I would pluck 20,000 feathers - by hand, off Uni - to jump him if I could.

See above.

Honestly forgot I had Marth at all.

Could jump him or Chrom if I needed a Falchion user. Which, won't lie, this TT has me tempted.

Your who?
well I got Brave Lucina, Fjorm, Tharja and Driedre having their builds finished. (OG and most used team)
With dark Azura, Camilla, Ryoma and Takumi builds needing final SP grinding to finish the last stretch.

well that was more than I remembered XD. Brave Roy will be one of the ones that are next to build, since I used him a lot and has stored up a good amount of SP.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Some of the older MK games, namely MK2 and MK3 had some cool tracks. But I think since MK vs DC, it started doing that boring *** "cinematic" music style. Which has now plagued Marvel Infinite and I'm worried it'll do the same for the new Spider-Man game.
Yeah after MKA music in MK games have been largely boring.

I remember the days of MK1-MK3 where every stage had a memorable track attached to it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
User was warned for this post
Okay, real talk.
If we're getting a new Sega All Stars Racing.

Segeta Sanshiro.
Come on guys this needs to happen.
Try that on my Vectorman.

Nah but seriously, Ristar and Vectorman.

I long for the day when Mick Gordon composes for a Mortal Kombat game.
Imagine if he got to remix the "Chinese Ninja Warrior" Sub-Zero theme.

"Whooooooooooah, Your life is a mystery. WARRIOR WITH A MASK!!! Sub-Zeroooooooooo!!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So a couple of days ago I went to the mall and there was this video game store that had a huge collection of games old and new.

I looked around and I saw that the guy was selling copies of Pokemon Ash Grey for $20 (a hack of Pokemon Fire Red that's inspired by the anime).

...Is that even legal?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom