• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think ChikoLad ChikoLad might be interested in this....

I didn't aware there's a mall in my city that has an arcade store called and owned by SEGA...

I mean you have Sonic on the cover...
Most machines inside are obviously own by SEGA..
Here's Knuckles as the large cover:
Sonic showing you the way...
And there's grabbing machines... but interestingly has anime stuff such as Love Live and Madoka...

I was consider on catching one but I never played a catching machine like this one... and grabbing boxes are often hard for this kind of grabber.

Eh, those small Love Live dolls are cute, but then again.. I'm not used to the claw so I didn't grab one...
Also the token is a bit expensive here...
Even the token machine has Sonic? Give me a break..
At least they have Pokemon, but this catching machine is weird...
Anyways, I never really went to arcade store that much... because I rather play console games, and most of these are scam...

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
250 after spending the thirty.
Man, and here I am sitting at 50 and praying I have at least 80 when the legendary banner starts. I spent 40 on the Genealogy banner and got no one, then 70 on the seasonal and only got Sanaki.

My first four sets on the seasonal had no blues.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
For those who enjoy Lord of the Rings, I've got a question: What's your opinion on the 1978 animated adaptation of it, assuming you've seen it? (I know it covers the first book and the first half of the second book).

I've been watching a couple old films lately, among them being Watership Down as I mentioned the other day, and then I saw Ralph Bakshi's animated LotR. This is kinda my entry to the franchise since I've never read the books, and while I do know about some characters fairly well (mostly Gandalf, honestly), and I do also recall watching some of the movies with my family years ago.......but that was so long ago and I was so young at the time that I have like, maybe two distinct memories of watching them. Everything else is very faint or gone altogether. Overall I can't say I know terribly much about the franchise.

I'm aiming to check out both the movies and the books, not unlike what I'm aiming to do with Harry Potter (have seen all of those films already, books are next on my list). So I'm mostly asking this out of curiosity; what other fans of it here thought of it, what you think it did right, what you think it did wrong, or could've done better, and how it holds up compared to (parts of) the live-action adaptations that came much later.

I do already know the portrayal of the Samwise character got a lot of criticism, as did the design of the Balrog (which I totally agree with).

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
For those who enjoy Lord of the Rings, I've got a question: What's your opinion on the 1978 animated adaptation of it, assuming you've seen it? (I know it covers the first book and the first half of the second book).

I've been watching a couple old films lately, among them being Watership Down as I mentioned the other day, and then I saw Ralph Bakshi's animated LotR. This is kinda my entry to the franchise since I've never read the books, and while I do know about some characters fairly well (mostly Gandalf, honestly), and I do also recall watching some of the movies with my family years ago.......but that was so long ago and I was so young at the time that I have like, maybe two distinct memories of watching them. Everything else is very faint or gone altogether. Overall I can't say I know terribly much about the franchise.

I'm aiming to check out both the movies and the books, not unlike what I'm aiming to do with Harry Potter (have seen all of those films already, books are next on my list). So I'm mostly asking this out of curiosity; what other fans of it here thought of it, what you think it did right, what you think it did wrong, or could've done better, and how it holds up compared to (parts of) the live-action adaptations that came much later.

I do already know the portrayal of the Samwise character got a lot of criticism, as did the design of the Balrog (which I totally agree with).
I love the Ralph Bakshi LOTR movie. but I had the benefit of seeing it before the live action film. Nowadays its best seen as a testament to the vision Jackson and company had, because there's a lot of questionable choices made in it that go beyond limitations of the medium or time.

The biggest problem with the movie is the fact that it's clearly unfinished. It starts out well enough, even adding scenes to the first chunk of story that Jackson added to his adaptation, but the further along the movie goes, the more and more obvious is becomes that they were running out of money.

I absolutely adore their version of the Ringwraiths. The one thing I feel is weaker in Jackson's movies (which isn't to say Jackson's ringwraiths are weak, it's just that that Bakshi's wraiths are that good).

The two Rankin Bass Rings movies (The Hobbit + Return of the King) are better productions, though they're much lighter in tone (even RotK, which was adapted as if it was a sequel specifically to the Hobbit adaptation). They actually had a budget and a finished script, though neither are terribly entertaining in their own right. The most annoying aspect is how, because they were made by competing studios, Bakshi's Lotr and Rankin Bass's RotK don't line up very well. A solid third of Two Towers goes completely unadapted.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Also apparently a 4x weakness to ice is devastating, but a 4x weakness to rock is meh.
Its the other way around actually.

Despite the fact that both move types are fairly common, 4x Rock weakness Pokémon have to be concerned of Stealth Rocks, which deals half their damage when they switch in, so spinners/foggers are mandatory. 4x Ice weakness Pokémon do have to worry about Ice Shard however, which is fairly common on physical Ice-Types like Weavile and Mamoswine, where Accelrock is only found on two Pokémon.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
iirc if a Pokémon has all 18 types at the same time, only Rock type moves will be able to hit it effectively.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Its the other way around actually.

Despite the fact that both move types are fairly common, 4x Rock weakness Pokémon have to be concerned of Stealth Rocks, which deals half their damage when they switch in, so spinners/foggers are mandatory. 4x Ice weakness Pokémon do have to worry about Ice Shard however, which is fairly common on physical Ice-Types like Weavile and Mamoswine, where Accelrock is only found on two Pokémon.
I'm just saying what the Poketuber was talking about

About "how awesome Charizard and how weak Torterra is"

Even though they both have 4x weaknesses

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Playing Super Mario 64 with a keyboard is hard.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I recently saw this one Twitter... anyone who is a fan of Trigger animes will either like or hate this anime from UAE called Emara, so yeah, this is basically an Arabic anime. I aware Arabic countries have some cartoons and even films already, but I have never seen this one that just gives me Skullgirl, Kill La Kill, and Little Witch Academia vibes... and a bit of Lupin the III.

Here is the first episode English dub, I haven't heard Arabic dub...
[
And 2nd episode just came out this Friday:

The story so far is a bit of cliche but good, you have an Arabic girl named Moza who has a Super Hero ego Emara, and her ability (Or QUIRK if you are a MHA fan) is her arms can transform into different weapons.

The English dub... tbh isn't the good.... even the voice quality isn't good... hope they can fix it in later episodes...

For 2018 anime standard, the character movements in this anime were also a bit rugged... hope they can improve over time.

I just love how the background scene is when showing the Dubai skyline, that Burj Khalifa sure looks sleek.

So, why do I say that some will hate this anime? Because someone on Twitter claims that the anime has many scenes looks very similar to other notable Japanese animes, especially Trigger's...

@Cutie Gwen might know this...
I men I can see some of these scenes similar, but I won't rush and say they are plagiarizing...

Bruh,I've seen many anime do that pose... or more like... that pose is somewhat is a basic way of jumping down...

As for the second panel showing Moza is doing a similar expression as Ryuko? Really now? Both are still different characters besides of both having their father already passed away before the story starts, and tomboy like attitude... but besides that two are completely different character.

And one pointed out it is a normal thing for animes to have similar scenes in some cases...

And one of the Trigger artist responded and said that he considers these "homage" and not plagiarism...
My stance is still... we need give this online anime a bit more time... no I know we shouldn't give it a pass just because it is an Arabic anime... as long as the plot isn't too similar to other animes I'm fine.

But to be fair... Emara... is little bit similar to Cutie Honey... but were aren't sure of Emara is an Andriod or not, but by seeing her ability to change her arms into weapons and tools... maybe...

I am gonna leave this for you to judge, do you consider this anime to be okay? Or do you think this anime should be bashed for plagiarizing other old anime just because many parts of scenes and action looks similar?

So far the English dub video's Like/dislike ratio is overall positive, so I don't think it is a problem for now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If I may ask, what is happening to you exactly?
To make it short I'm going to move from my house to begin a training session which will help me to find a first job and which will last for the 6 next months.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Mario Kart 8 in CEMU holds up so well in 4K60.

Also, you know the way it takes a few seconds to reload a highlight reel when you change the settings of it on Wii U? It happens instantly for me on CEMU. The power of an SSD. :p

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
To make it short I'm going to move from my house to begin a formation which will help me to find a first job and which will last for the 6 next months.
I see, I hope you the best then. It ain't going to be easy for sure, but I hope you can have some fun along the way. :)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I recently saw this one Twitter... anyone who is a fan of Trigger animes will either like or hate this anime from UAE called Emara, so yeah, this is basically an Arabic anime. I aware Arabic countries have some cartoons and even films already, but I have never seen this one that just gives me Skullgirl, Kill La Kill, and Little Witch Academia vibes... and a bit of Lupin the III.
you got me a Lupin the III.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm just saying what the Poketuber was talking about

About "how awesome Charizard and how weak Torterra is"

Even though they both have 4x weaknesses
That's a really stupid comparison to begin with but I won't go into great detail. Basically, he's comparing a tank to a helicopter- they both have separate jobs that they handle. To be honest, they work pretty well together. Torterra can suck up Electric Attacks and Charizard can suck up weaker Fire-Type Attacks. Torterra can even setup SR.

Anyways, I beat Linkle's Tale. I'm totally in love with her character and her playstyle.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
iirc if a Pokémon has all 18 types at the same time, only Rock type moves will be able to hit it effectively.
I can just imagine the *probably inevitable* Mega Arceus with its Rainbow-type ability giving it all Pokemon types at once standing high and mighty over every Pokemon in existence... until a bunch of rocks start raining on it, only for Arceus to just shake them off and say, "Well, that was just a minor hailstorm at best."

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
That's a really stupid comparison to begin with but I won't go into great detail. Basically, he's comparing a tank to a helicopter- they both have separate jobs that they handle. To be honest, they work pretty well together. Torterra can suck up Electric Attacks and Charizard can suck up weaker Fire-Type Attacks. Torterra can even setup SR.

Anyways, I beat Linkle's Tale. I'm totally in love with her character and her playstyle.
How do you get more than the first mission of Linkle’s?

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Well it appears that F!Morgan is on a new banner.

Dang it IS, we don't even know what the legendary banner is yet and I'm already conflicted.

On one hand, once the Brides banner is gone, I won't be able to get Bride Ninian again for a while, whereas Morgan will always be in the game. On the other hand, the stances banner lasts for two weeks, while the brides banner lasts for quite a while.

Although, I did manage to get a 4-star Shigure off of my free summon, so that's nice.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
you got me a Lupin the III.
More like Cutie Honey without any transformation and harem lol. But yeah the main protagonist is kind of like Lupin the III who is a wanted person....or you can also say Emara is kind of like Miraculous Ladybug for some people.

Nah, Emara is still miles away compare to Lupin the III....

Still early to say if the plot is good or not, so far felt a bit cliché, but interesting.

You can somewhat treat Emara a bit like RWBY... But instead of 3D CGI they go with traditional Trigger style anime. Hope this Arabic anime can be good and eventually get more attention soon.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Isn't it a reference to "The Dark Souls of _____" meme? Which first started because people calling Crash Bandicoot, "The Dark Souls of Platformers" and whatnot?
I wouldn't classify that as a "legendary meme". Praise the Sun has been a huge meme for years, so it classifies. Plus it's more directly related to Dark Souls.

And like I said, they made an actual amiibo of it to go with the game, so the correlation is there.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Finally decided my Ultra Sun and Moon teams

US:

Decidueye, Toxapex, Zoroark, Slowking, Magnezone, Crabommable

Moon:

Incineroar, Golisopod, Beware, Tsareena, Alolan Ninetales, Malamar

mario123007