• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So in regards to MK11
That one leak is weird. Some stuff like the 3 hidden characters have yet to be seen. Though a lot of stuff is locked out in the early copies, and Frost is unlocked super early in the story mode. But story wise it got pretty much everything right now that the story mode leaks have come around.

Also Sektor and Cyrax are fightable in the story mode and they have unique movesets and even fatal blows it seems.

Chrono.

So in regards to MK11
That one leak is weird. Some stuff like the 3 hidden characters have yet to be seen. Though a lot of stuff is locked out in the early copies, and Frost is unlocked super early in the story mode. But story wise it got pretty much everything right now that the story mode leaks have come around.

Also Sektor and Cyrax are fightable in the story mode and they have unique movesets and even fatal blows it seems.
it's pretty obvious that one leak was just the guy putting in his own speculation/wishlist with the real stuff.

Though Cyrax and Sektor being in story mode is curious, since Boon said we wouldn't have NPC opponents this time around. So either he lied or some other shenanigans are going on.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I mean Persona 4 is pretty much just Diamond is Unbreakable.
I wasn't sure whether I should look into Persona 3 or 4 once I beat Persona 5 (though that's likely a long time from now), but you've convinced me to go with Persona 4.

D

Deleted member

it's pretty obvious that one leak was just the guy putting in his own speculation/wishlist with the real stuff.

Though Cyrax and Sektor being in story mode is curious, since Boon said we wouldn't have NPC opponents this time around. So either he lied or some other shenanigans are going on.
Perhaps that's true. I think that's most likely the case. But then you have Sheeva of all characters appearing in the story mode. Which actually does make her a possibility for DLC.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
You play Persona 2 and/or 3 or so God help me.
I haven't really looked into Persona 2, so I'll have to do that; I was under the impression that the series hit its stride with 3.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I haven't really looked into Persona 2, so I'll have to do that; I was under the impression that the series hit its stride with 3.
That's like saying Castlevania starts with Symphony of the Night.

A common saying from people who've never even touched the previous games.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
That's like saying Castlevania starts with Symphony of the Night.

A common saying from people who've never even touched the previous games.
I greatly preferred the Symphony of the Night style Castlevanias over the ones that came before it, so I'm not sure how effective that comparison is haha.

I'll definitely look into Persona 1 and 2, at least.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I greatly preferred the Symphony of the Night style Castlevanias over the ones that came before it, so I'm not sure how effective that comparison is haha.

I'll definitely look into Persona 1 and 2, at least.
Dammit, analogies stop failing me.

Actually I personally really don't care for 1 after playing it for a long whiles.

However, the plot in that game is worth checking out, and for that I recommend this:
the manga.
It goes through great lengths to cover the entire game while providing additional personality to the main protagonist.

Chrono.

Persona 1 and the 2 duology have some pretty interesting narratives and characters.

It's just held back by some... not great gameplay. Persona 1 especially, the original is almost unplayable. The PSP remake only managed to salvage it to "it's just okay", the new soundtrack is great though.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Persona 1 and the 2 duology have some pretty interesting narratives and characters.

It's just held back by some... not great gameplay. Persona 1 especially, the original is almost unplayable. The PSP remake only managed to salvage it to "it's just okay", the new soundtrack is great though.
Big issue is the SONGS PLAY OVER AND OVER.

Like, I understand some people got sick of Last Surprise's first beginning chords, but it's nothing compared to Lone Prayer.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I like the OG style of Castlevania. The Metroidvania is fine and all, but I'd rather play Metroid if that were the option.

SCIV/SOTN is peak of that type of gameplay for all the new ideas it added and whatnot to spice things up.

Chrono.

Big issue is the SONGS PLAY OVER AND OVER.

Like, I understand some people got sick of Last Surprise's first beginning chords, but it's nothing compared to Lone Prayer.
No joke, I love the soundtrack on it's own but on the actual game it's more grating than it should be.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So the next Fire Emblem Heroes banner is a camping theme!

Flora, Felicia, Genny, and Lukas are the featured units with Leo being the TT unit.

Nice to see Leo finally got a third alt and SoV finally getting some Seasonal love, but other than that, this banner is an easy skip for me.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

I actually watched a lot of MK11's story. And the ending parts. Felt pretty underwhelmed TBH.

Not going to spoil anything of course.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Y'know I feel like a lawsuit is gonna come if Persona 6's main world is a type of prison. :4pacman:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
It's been an hour past midnight and Nintendo's servers are still down!!!

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So now that Joker's made the eShop servers **** their RAM sticks in a mixture of fear and awe.

Were you debating a P5 Switch port before, Nintendo?

Are you debating it now?

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Patch notes were interesting, they nerfed projectiles on shield all across the board (which means Megaman got half his moveset nerfed lol) while Corrin and Mewtwo seem to have gotten the most significant buffs. No notable nerfs at all for the moment, I'm happy.

Also, just bought the Fighters Pass, I'm so ready to play Joker, and seeing the quality he has I'm really excited for the rest of characters.

So now that Joker's made the eShop servers **** their RAM sticks in a mixture of fear and awe.

Were you debating a P5 Switch port before, Nintendo?

Are you debating it now?
I don't know why they would even have to debate that. I've personally been waiting for a Switch version for the longest time, and I'm sure lot's of people are too. Unless there is some kind of licensing issue they would be stupid not to do it. Probably sooner than later otherwise I'll jump on the Persona R train and call it a day.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So the next Fire Emblem Heroes banner is a camping theme!

Flora, Felicia, Genny, and Lukas are the featured units with Leo being the TT unit.

Nice to see Leo finally got a third alt and SoV finally getting some Seasonal love, but other than that, this banner is an easy skip for me.
Can we get an F in the chat for Bright Naginata?
Your bro Shiro needs a refine like right now

Diabolical IS; putting the first antibeast weapons...as prfs

I always tell myself to say, but I've grown very fond of Felicia for totally random reasons soo...green :V

Also
El Tomate Suave artwork
Obligatory Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo tag

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Played some Joker online and this is the experience so far

b59adb0.png

As for Joker himself, he's pretty fun. I'm rocking the red coat while spamming the down air gun for maximum GUNSLINGER vibes. But to be honest, without his stand he feels rather weak. Of course while he has Arsene he's pretty nuts, but it's not that easy to get it, and the opponent can camp you out when you have it.

But overall great first impression, I can't wait to play some more. The gun plays and the grappling hook are my favourite part about him, he's pretty fun offstage with all those tools.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I finally downloaded the 3.0 update at 2:20 in the morning... I think I only got 3 hours of sleep tonight.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Can we get an F in the chat for Bright Naginata?
Your bro Shiro needs a refine like right now
Yeah, I'm sure him and Siegbert will get weapon refines in the future following this news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom