• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Im not the biggest fan of MatPat's channel, but his Game theory episode on the World of Light storyline is surprisingly solid for me. I enjoyed watching and would recommend.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
We live in a timeline where Simon can say "I vanquished the darkness!" to Pichu. The fact that I can say that he can say that...

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The squad strike mode is super fun. I think my bro and I might just do that mode exclusively for 5v5 elimination.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I interrupt your regularly scheduled Smashing to bring attention to this video which discusses why Wikia/Fandom sucks and you shouldn't use it:
To add another reason to what's discussed in the video: the "good wiki" the video talks about is this one, which you may recall is operated by a certain individual on here who may be familiar to you. :p So by using sites like mine more, you help support the work done by actual fans, and the money earned goes straight back into running and improving the site and the server it runs on, instead of straight into Jimmy Wales' money pit.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well, got my first Colorless Legend. I got Tabuu. Also found another low-Rank Enhance-able Spirit that becomes a Legend Rank. Young Zelda from Ocarina of Time becomes Legend Rank Adult Zelda. She comes with a good effect of Assist Killer and two Slots.
I had no idea this was a thing.

There's going to be artwork of this soon, isn't there? I mean, certainly worked with that one image of Lucina & Palutena.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
By the way, another good Enhance-able Spirit to get is Maria Renard. She becomes the Ace-Rank Maria Renard from Symphony, but she has Power that reaches Legend-Rank Level Power, 2 Slots and she allows an additional Midair Jump. Pretty good for an 3-Star Spirit.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Bayonetta's classic mode had a surprisingly underwhelming final boss, and Simon's classic mode was as frustrating as I remember his games being, but other than that, Classic mode's been a lot of fun so far!

Is it just me, or was Ganondorf's classic mode extremely easy? Most enemies died in one or two forward smashes, regardless of the difficulty, and his final boss was probably the weakest possible option (outside of Bayonetta's). He's definitely a lot more satisfying to play now, though!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
If anyone wants to play smash with me, I'll be up for it in a bit.
I can go a few rounds if you're still there. Sent a friend request, I'll get the arena started up in a bit; anyone else who wants in can join too (assuming it doesn't cause terrible lag, I guess :p).

edit: Arena is up, password is 0024

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is where I come in.

Culdcept is a series of games that is somewhat a mix between Magic the Gathering, Monopoly and Fortune Street. It's basically a video game that uses cards. That said, there is no IRL Culdcept Board or card game, only the actual video games. But basically, since no real life cards are used and it's all video games, you can get all of the cards in the game without paying real world money. So think of it as a card game without the hassle of real life money being involved.

That said, the main lore revolves around Creations of Worlds and stuff. Basically, Culdra is the main universal Goddess that created the Universe and the Culcept, a Book of Cards that consist of her power. Unsurprisingly, at some point, one of her Gods rebels against her to use the Culcept for herself, which causes the cards of the Culdcept to scatter into the world she created. The god is sealed, yet the damage has been done. The denizens find the cards and it is learned some of them can actually use them. They are Cepters, people who can unleash the power of the Culdcept. So of course you have good Cepters and bad Cepters.
Anyway, it was eventually learned that if one can prove themselves, they can become a God in their own right and create a new world. And no, there's no destruction of the old one, it just creates a new world in general. So basically, you have this continuous loop of Gods and New world being made that goes on much like Stars in the Sky and whatnot and it practically becomes a tradition. Even Culdra is cool with it.

Anyway,
-The first Game on PS/Saturn and DS revolves around the Rebel God trying to free themselves and a Cepter tries to help the Staff Goligan who needs your help to stop an incoming threat. The character is your character and uses a premade Avatar that you can select, which can consist of magicians, warriors, elves, barbarians, priests, etc.
-The 2nd Game on Dreamcast and 3DS in Japan and PS2 in the West once again revolves around you, with a new character from a different world, trying to help Goligan, who now follows Culdra, stop the God Gemenigh, who's arrival signifies the end of the entire universe and the destruction of all worlds.
-Saga on Xbox 360 revolves around your character helping the princess Faustina on trying to figure out the significance of the cards, as because the main god of that world did not want to make a God of Order and God of Chaos, the denizens of that world could not learn the significance of the cards and their power, meaning no one knows their importance or what their origin is.
-Lastly, Revolt revolves around the character, who can be named anything but their default name is Allen, who is suffering from amnesia and learns from the Leader of a Rebel group, Alicia, that the city is shut-in by the Count who is forcing everybody to stay in the city and is hunting Cepters and it's your job to find out why he is doing so and who you are.
-Most of the games are in Japan only. The only ones that came over to the West are the PS2 version, Saga and Revolt. Revolt is the latest one due to being on 3DS.

Okay, the stories and lore are done. Now for the game.
-As said, it's basically card games with board games. But it mainly plays like Monopoly & Fortune Street with monsters, spells and items. You go around the board, placing monsters on spaces that become your Territories. You can also use them to invade other monsters. You use Spells to damage other monsters or draw cards or whatnot. And you use items to defend your monsters if they are attacked.
-On the board, there are areas that you need to get to. Mainly, the Forts and Main Castle. You start on the Castle and you head to the Forts around the map, earning gold from them. Once you reached all of them, you head back to the Castle and get a big bonus of Gold, than start the cycle again.
In Revolt, these were changed to all become Gates. Basically, you still have to go around to all of them to collect the bonus. However, you now get the bonus when you just land on all of them, no order required.
-You main objective is to reach the Target Number of Gold Value. Value is determined by your territories, symbols and by the gold you have on hand. Gold you hold is used summon monsters, use spells and items and to level up territories or change the element of territories.
-There are 5 Elements of Creatures. Neutral, Fire, Water, Air and Earth. And on the board, empty lands have an element. Except for Neutral, placing a monster on a territory that is the same element as it gives it a Land effect, which is some additional HP which makes the monster harder to defeat if it's invaded.
-Monsters have two stats. HP and ST. It's pretty simple. ST is the component that deals damage and HP is the component that determines whether or not a monster survives an attack. Items mainly increase either HP or ST, besides some having other effects.
-Items come in 4 sets. Weapons, Armor, Accessories and Scrolls. It is to be noted that some monsters cannot equip certain items, like some cannot equip weapons, some can't use armor, etc.
-Spells also come in sets. They consist of Direct effects and Curses. Direct effects are basically like Direct damage spells, healing spells, spells that draw cards, etc. Curses basically put effects on monsters, Cepters and even the map for a certain number of turns or sometimes indefinitely.
-The main deal with getting gold is to go around the map to the forts and castles/Gates or to try to get it from your opponents. To do that, you either use Spell cards that steal it from them or get them to land on your territories. When they land on your territories, they either have to defeat your monster or pay a toll to you. This becomes a big problem with lands that are higher level, which can make your opponent pay more than 1000 or even 3000 G. There are spells and items can make the toll either halved or prevent toll from being taken.

And yeah, you have Avatars. In Saga, they are customizable due to the 3D graphics, but in the 2D ones, they use Template Avatars, like Magicians, Warriors, Angels, Elves, etc. And Kenji Ito, music maker for Final Fantasy Adventure music, the GB and SNES Saga games and the one who did the F-Zero Mute City Smash 4 remix, does music across the whole series. I believe he even did the entire PS2 soundtrack. And yes, the series has pretty good music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEEPNJqWxgQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe9dQz9LoC4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE2A-pdKfl0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feKOs5-9Iek&list=PLFjraMRoehsh3bTyCJmxVPOOg8OFn4TQ3&index=11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRI9qG8XDk0&index=12&list=PLFjraMRoehsh3bTyCJmxVPOOg8OFn4TQ3

Typing this, it doesn't seem to be too impressive, but watching gameplay or playing definitely makes a better opinion. But it is really hard to find gameplay as Culdcept, despite being around since PS1, is a niche popularity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdkHmjDimMM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DbBDDRsoUU
The Youtuber on the bottom vid has done a number of Online matches and whatnot if you want to see Revolt in action and there are videos for Saga and the PS2 version if you try to look them up.
If you want to learn more about the games and see the cool Card artwork and Avatars that the games have, go here:
http://www.culdceptcentral.com/

For Revolt, Avatars and characters can be found here.
http://www.culdceptcentral.com/culdcept-revolt/culdcept-revolt-guides/ranks-avatars-covers-dice
And Card artwork and effects can be found here:
http://www.culdceptcentral.com/culd...card-lists/culdcept-revolt-complete-card-list
Wait wait wait
You're telling me Culdcept is a 3rd Party? And it got music in Smash? Like, just music, nothing else?
Moydow Moydow
Come here and raise those chances of EO tracks to 0.000000002%

also the game sounds more like the good yugioh game that was duelist of the roses so i might look into this

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I meant Ike should be faster than he is in the game and have a projectile B move.
He is faster in the game, but nah, his neural B seems to have slightly smaller blast radius.

As for Cloud like I said his neutral air is smaller a bit, and it seems that him limit charge has limited time once charged, kind of like Little Mac.

So yeah, unfortunately Cloud is nerfed greatly this time around, as for Rosalina, just don't count on Luma too much because simple jab won't push Luma forward thus makes Luma less of a threat.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
He is faster in the game, but nah, his neural B seems to have slightly smaller blast radius.

As for Cloud like I said his neutral air is smaller a bit, and it seems that him limit charge has limited time once charged, kind of like Little Mac.

So yeah, unfortunately Cloud is nerfed greatly this time around, as for Rosalina, just don't count on Luma too much because simple jab won't push Luma forward thus makes Luma less of a threat.
What? I’m saying what Ike should be not what he is. Eruption can go away. Give Ike a sword blast projectile. And make him like atleast 1.5x as fast running.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Replace Young Link with Simon and we basically have the same mains
I do have Richter as one of my secondaries tho.

And speaking of which almost half the roster is either going to be my main or my secondary for that matter lol.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Any spirit battles you found fun? The M.Bison Legend battle was amazing, it really captures the difficulty of fighting the actual M.Bison in SF2. :p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I do have Richter as one of my secondaries tho.

And speaking of which almost half the roster is either going to be my main or my secondary for that matter lol.
Pretty much the same lol

Everyone is pretty fun.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Any spirit battles you found fun? The M.Bison Legend battle was amazing, it really captures the difficulty of fighting the actual M.Bison in SF2. :p
Some notable ones so far:

1) Chorus kids. Those ****ing jigglypuff spam sing and hit smash attacks in unison. Took me a few tries but was still funny even if I was losing.

2) Shdeninja, I fogot who this was but they had 1hp, a shield and could go invisible. A simple but fun and easy match.

3) Snorlax. Its just giant k rool and he stands there which is hilarious. You have a minute to beat 500 hp out of him.

4) The Boss. Holy crap this one with zss is really tough but feels rewarding when you win. I only won after like 20 tries because zss up b'd off the edge

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm about to main Little Mac and I need to seek professional help.

Well at least K. Rool is a blast still.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Okay, so a currant list of Novice/Advance Spirits that become Legend Rank or equivalent to Legend Rank:

-Young Zelda(Ocarina of Time) -> Adult Zelda = Assist Killer + 2 Slots
-Zygarde 50% -> Zygarde Complete = Critical-Health Healing + 2 Slots
-Maria Renard -> Mario Renard(Symphony of the Night) = Additional Midair Jump + 2 Slots
-Skull Kid -> Skull Kid & Majora's Mask = Lifesteal + 2 Slots
Wait wait wait
You're telling me Culdcept is a 3rd Party? And it got music in Smash? Like, just music, nothing else?
Moydow Moydow

also the game sounds more like the good yugioh game that was duelist of the roses so i might look into this
It is. To an extent.
-The two 3DS games, the first being a remake of the Dreamcast/PS2 version and Revolt were published by Nintendo in Japan.
-Culdcept for Saturn was published by Media Factory in Japan and the PS2 version was published by NEC Interchannel.
-Culdcept Saga was published by Namco Bandai
-Culdcept DS was published by Sega.
-For Culdcept Revolt in America, it was published by NIS America.
So Culdcept is a 3rd Party series. It's just that the 3DS versions were both funded by and published by Nintendo, kinda like the whole Bayonetta/Bayonetta 2 deal. So Culdra and Goligan use their 3DS looks, like how Goligan was a trophy in Smash 3DS and used his 3DS look.
Here's Culdra and Goligan before the 3DS version.
Now here's Culdra and Goligan from the 3DS version.
So yeah, the Culdcept representation in Smash is due to the fact that Nintendo did back up and publish the two 3DS games in Japan.
By the way, Allen is also a Spirit alongside those 2 and Allen is the protagonist of Revolt.

It's one of those games that takes alot of time to get used to, especially because much like a board game, they can drag on. Combined with the fact that a loss in the Story mode can mean having to work all-over again and it can be rather tedious. That said, the game becomes pretty dang fun to play after you gotten alot of cards and find out the combos, deck types, etc. Some decks are especially fun to play with, like a Support Deck.
And as I said, unlike most other card games, Culdcept doesn't have an official non-video game card game. So the video game has all of the cards in it and none of them cost real money to pay. So compared to other card games, you don't need to worry about the money woes of card games with the game. That said, there is DLC for Avatars, Books and etc. But Culdcept Central has the list of the DLC Avatars, so you can see which ones and pick which ones you want easily.
And Revolt has a pretty decent story with some good twists. The other games before were pretty straightforward, but nothing really special and easily predictable. But Revolt does some of it's twists quite nicely. One of them is pretty predictable, but surprisingly, the other twists are done nicely that you can't say for certain that you could've predicted them.

Also, remember the Golden rule of Ghosts'n Goblins, "Get the Knife!"? That golden rule also applies to one card in the entire Culdcept series. "Get the Kelpie!" "Get 4 Kelpies!" Cause Kelpie is one of the monsters that becomes incredibly dangerous when you've prepared them and made sure your opponents can't do anything about them.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Some notable ones so far:

1) Chorus kids. Those ****ing jigglypuff spam sing and hit smash attacks in unison. Took me a few tries but was still funny even if I was losing.

2) Shdeninja, I fogot who this was but they had 1hp, a shield and could go invisible. A simple but fun and easy match.

3) Snorlax. Its just giant k rool and he stands there which is hilarious. You have a minute to beat 500 hp out of him.

4) The Boss. Holy crap this one with zss is really tough but feels rewarding when you win. I only won after like 20 tries because zss up b'd off the edge
Mr. Game and Watch.

I also like the buzz buzz ine with the tiny game and watch

D

Deleted member

Moydow Moydow Good matches. My brother kicked me in right on the side of my head so I’ve been playing pretty mindless. My other little bro’s fighting you as Robin as I send this message.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Moydow Moydow Good matches. My brother kicked me in right on the side of my head so I’ve been playing pretty mindless. My other little bro’s fighting you as Robin as I send this message.
Good games. Think I'm about done for the night now.

Wait wait wait
Moydow Moydow

but getting our hopes up so high might be dangerous

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I still can't beat one Spirit battle, but I don't know what it is.
It's always driving me nuts but I don't remember probably because my brain wants to forget about it.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
What? I’m saying what Ike should be not what he is. Eruption can go away. Give Ike a sword blast projectile. And make him like atleast 1.5x as fast running.
Well, fair to say that will never happen, but hey we can dream can't we?
Or just have Cloud's attack have slightly more blast and range and I'm good lol.
Interesting how Ultimate Cloud artwork has the same pose as Ike in Brawl.

The last one makes sense when you think about it , or vice versa depending on who you are controlling. Because whenever Popo/Nana get koed, Nana/Popo disappears even still on the field.

That being said, here's a good one

"Turter should be in Smash as a XC2 rep"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom