• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
My dad had surgery today. They were going to do it last night but they didn't have enough staff and they were concerned about his vitals. The surgery was one that happens every day without complications but there was some issues that came up that made it a lot less simple. It was like a 4 hour surgery. He's in recovery right now and at least the first concern they were worried about didn't happen.

I was in the hospital last night and I went again this morning and just got back
I hope he recovers quickly from the surgery.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Didn't know XC2: Torna TGC was sold on retail.
I almost wanted to buy it for collection purposes.

I also tried to get Ultimate today considering I live in México.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I got to 18F but since I had to do some quests on 17F, I decided to go back and explore areas I had missed. The cow quest starts on 10F but there's three FOEs in the room before the guard and I had no idea how to get past them so I just left it be. I went back now and petrified them.
Seriously, who thought Gorgon Shot was acceptable?

I'll probably do the rest after I get the door keys so I don't waste time looking for some secret passage way when lol turns out you need the key **** you.
Haven't done the secret 16F area yet, will do it next and then move onto 18F. I really wanna see how the 5th Stratum looks.
wait you're ahead of me again this cannot stand

I'm pretty sure you can literally just run straight past the FOEs on 8F to reach the room with the cow. They're far enough away that they can't reach you before you cross the floor to reach the cow's room. So fighting them was completely unnecessary, congrats on wasting your time. :p

And yeah, you should do the secret area on 16F next. Like, "why didn't you do it straight away" sort of next.

The fourth stratum boss is a pain in the arse (so like most bosses in these games, then), so good luck actually reaching the fifth stratum. :p

D

Deleted member

wait you're ahead of me again this cannot stand

I'm pretty sure you can literally just run straight past the FOEs on 8F to reach the room with the cow. They're far enough away that they can't reach you before you cross the floor to reach the cow's room. So fighting them was completely unnecessary, congrats on wasting your time. :p

And yeah, you should do the secret area on 16F next. Like, "why didn't you do it straight away" sort of next.

The fourth stratum boss is a pain in the arse (so like most bosses in these games, then), so good luck actually reaching the fifth stratum. :p
Before you go to the room in 8F, you have to find the lost guard twice in 10F, then reach the stairs of that same floor. One of the places he's in, the northeast room, is guarded by three FOEs
And I'm pretty sure it's impossible to reach it without killing the FOEs as they're "chase as soon as you enter the room" kind of deal

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Technically, you're right, but almost no one is gonna think about it this way, especially with all the talk that happened about those two channels.
How is it almost no one? Lol, sure this will be "shocking" at first but those who goes more into it will know this shows how mid-developed countries like India are starting to have more and more online population, the nation's own population is massive, the biggest one that doesn't block Youtube as well.
So I really don't know why how can this be a big deal later down the line.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Before you go to the room in 8F, you have to find the lost guard twice in 10F, then reach the stairs of that same floor. One of the places he's in, the northeast room, is guarded by three FOEs

And I'm pretty sure it's impossible to reach it without killing the FOEs as they're "chase as soon as you enter the room" kind of deal
Oh, that place. What you need to do there is to get the Tengu to hit the Glaring Stinger with the pillar nearest it (need to time your movements right for this), then lure it down so you can whack it with the other pillar. After that you just need to avoid the other Glaring Stinger, which isn't too bad as they only move when you enter their line of sight.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I'll answer these questions to the best of my ability, while I haven't actually played Kingdom Hearts personally, I've seen... enough of it. :laugh:
1. Mickey and Riku stayed on the other side because the Door had to be closed from both sides (I can't remember if this is stated in KH1, but that's the explanation given).
2. It's implied (I think outright stated later) that Sora stayed behind so he could look for Mickey and Riku.
3. That light was [REDACTED] and Mickey's power, I believe.
4. Kairi was actually on a part of Destiny Island when the worlds began returning to their rightful place (what was happening when the world was shattering and Sora and Kairi are split up). This is how Kairi ended up back home and Sora didn't, he was on a different world segment.
Does that answer your questions?
Kingdom Hearts stuff.

-Riku and Mickey stayed on the other side of the door because both Keyblades (keep in mind KH1 was made before the series went full DBZ and just gave everyone Keyblades) were needed to lock the door for good and it needed to be done from both sides. Sora's Keyblade, Kingdom Key, is the Keyblade of the Realm of Light, while Mickey's Keyblade, Kingdom Key D, is the Keyblade of the Realm of Darkness. Riku had to help pull the door shut as Sora and the others couldn't do it on their own in time from the outside, that's just a matter of physical strength.

-The space Sora was in during the end of the game is known as The Realm Between. It is basically the border between the Realm of Light and Realm of Darkness. It's also known as the Twilight Realm. Destiny Islands was being restored back to the Realm of Light after Sora and co closed the door (it was swallowed into the Realm of Darkness at the beginning of the game), but Sora couldn't pass back through to the Realm of Light, he simply was able to see it being restored.

-The light source was Mickey.

-As for Kairi, she was in the Realm of Light, and was transported back to Destiny Islands as it is her home. Inhabitants of a world are considered part of that world and if they exist within the Realm of Light when it is being restored, they get sent back to that world.

This clears up basically everything, thank you guys!

I'm on Chain of Memories now and the combat is uhh... weird.

I still like it more than 1's combat though.

D

Deleted member

Oh, that place. What you need to do there is to get the Tengu to hit the Glaring Stinger with the pillar nearest it (need to time your movements right for this), then lure it down so you can whack it with the other pillar. After that you just need to avoid the other Glaring Stinger, which isn't too bad as they only move when you enter their line of sight.
That sounds really dumb but who cares when you can just overpower your enemy?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm on Chain of Memories now and the combat is uhh... weird.

I still like it more than 1's combat though.

KH1 combat is lit.

Though admittedly, it's rare to see people with any appreciation for CoM's combat.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I got bored of EOV somehow. I think it's because of how the skill trees are handled in it. I've already got all the necessary skills for my team composition unlocked and don't have anything to work towards anymore, so getting new skill points isn't satisfying or exciting in that game. Not to mention that random encounters aren't challenging me anymore, but that may be because I tweaked my party a little too obsessively.
But I like trying to figure out the puzzles for avoiding having to fight FOEs. :[
Real pros figure out the puzzles and then fight the FOEs anyway for those sweet, juicy item drops.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
How is it almost no one? Lol, sure this will be "shocking" at first but those who goes more into it will know this shows how mid-developed countries like India are starting to have more and more online population, the nation's own population is massive, the biggest one that doesn't block Youtube as well.
So I really don't know why how can this be a big deal later down the line.
I mean the whole "Pewds is still technically the most subbed YouTuber" thing.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord

KH1 combat is lit.

Though admittedly, it's rare to see people with any appreciation for CoM's combat.
Any "big" boss fight in KH1 is up there as the worst time I've had playing a game. That **** isn't fun AT ALL. The last boss fight almost made me quit entirely and just watch the ending on youtube.

Beyond that, most of the time you're just hitting attack anyways. Throw in a few spells here and there sure and the special moves or whatever, but most of the time you're hitting X over and over and OVER with very little variation. Doesn't help that the keyblade feels like a pool noodle on most enemies.

Maybe I was playing wrong IDK, but it's nice to hit things and actually feel like I'm doing decent damage like it's been so far in CoM. I think the card system is a little overcomplicated, but it at least feels somewhat different.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
All of the clickbait "THIS CHARACTER IS TOP TIER FOR ULTIMATE" and "ULTIMATE SMASH ULTIMATE TIER LIST" videos are already popping up on my news feed.

Yes, some characters feel and perform a bit better than their previous iterations due to global mechanical updates and the overall faster pace of the game. Don't mean they'll be top tier.

Any "big" boss fight in KH1 is up there as the worst time I've had playing a game. That **** isn't fun AT ALL. The last boss fight almost made me quit entirely and just watch the ending on youtube.

Beyond that, most of the time you're just hitting attack anyways. Throw in a few spells here and there sure and the special moves or whatever, but most of the time you're hitting X over and over and OVER with very little variation. Doesn't help that the keyblade feels like a pool noodle on most enemies.

Maybe I was playing wrong IDK, but it's nice to hit things and actually feel like I'm doing decent damage like it's been so far in CoM. I think the card system is a little overcomplicated, but it at least feels somewhat different.
You should be using Magic ALL of the time in KH1. It's objectively superior to physical combos in that game and you should always build Sora for it. Physical combos are mostly for filling up your magic as you charge up your magic that way. Even in Lv. 1 Proud Mode (heck, especially Lv. 1 Proud Mode), you use magic near constantly.

Even big bosses become a breeze if you learn the flow for magic. For example, Gravity takes off a guaranteed fraction of an enemy's HP, making it a strong tool early in the fight, while Stop can be used to keep bosses literally locked in place. Even Ursula becomes easy once you get the Stop lock down.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I got bored of EOV somehow. I think it's because of how the skill trees are handled in it. I've already got all the necessary skills for my team composition unlocked and don't have anything to work towards anymore, so getting new skill points isn't satisfying or exciting in that game. Not to mention that random encounters aren't challenging me anymore, but that may be because I tweaked my party a little too obsessively.

Real pros figure out the puzzles and then fight the FOEs anyway for those sweet, juicy item drops.
I'll admit the skill tree in EOV feels... weird. Like, I don't feel as if there are enough skills investing into so my kits feel kinda limited. But at the same time, I like it for being able to focus on one specific aspect and allow me to max out skills without feeling like I'm missing something which is what I felt with EO2U's skill trees. And then spare SP can be used for Race Skills.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
EOIV had the best skill trees, imo. By segmenting them the way they did, they made it so that you get access to new skills at different points in the game. Combined with subclassing, it helps make your options broaden as you progress through the game rather then narrow as you fill in all the skills you really want. It also avoids the original trilogy problem of forcing you to dump points into some boring passive to keep you from getting powerful skills too easily.

On that note I wonder if we know anything about Nexus's skill trees yet. *Does a Google*

Ah nice it looks like EOIV style is exactly how they're doing it. Someone add me to the list of losers who will still be playing the 3DS is 2019.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
COUNTDOWN TIME FOLKS!

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
So how many of you here will be getting Ultimate on launch day, out of curiosity?

It's far too close to Christmas for me to get it any way other than as a Christmas gift, but I'm perfectly fine with that.
I'm hoping to get it on release day, since I already have it pre-ordered, but I'm not 100% sure, due to how close it is to Christmas.
Either way, I'm still looking forward to playing it whenever I can.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Us pineapple pizza fans are the most oppressed group of people on the Internet.
We can't go anywhere without facing persecution. It's disgusting.

#PineappleLivesMatter

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
COUNTDOWN TIME FOLKS!
Pit's the greatest surprise for Day 2 honestly.

They even whipped out one of the remaining two previously unreleased AR cards for the occasion!

Now if they can just KEEP THE FRANCHISE ALIVE that might be nice hahahahahah

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If pineapple lives matter, why do you eat them? People live in those.
Wanted to reply to this but SB died again lol.

TL:DR Pineapple is good and I like it on pizza. I don't want the thread to lose it's mind again lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom