• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

*sees rabbidluigi video being recommended*
"Oh right, this guy is a thing. I remember liking him, why did I ever unsubscribe?"
*"Worst Smash Stages"*
*Starts off with Orbital Gate Assault*
"Ah, I see the reason now"

Potato_

Smash Lord
You should be using Magic ALL of the time in KH1. It's objectively superior to physical combos in that game and you should always build Sora for it. Physical combos are mostly for filling up your magic as you charge up your magic that way. Even in Lv. 1 Proud Mode (heck, especially Lv. 1 Proud Mode), you use magic near constantly.

Even big bosses become a breeze if you learn the flow for magic. For example, Gravity takes off a guaranteed fraction of an enemy's HP, making it a strong tool early in the fight, while Stop can be used to keep bosses literally locked in place. Even Ursula becomes easy once you get the Stop lock down.

I do get your point about magic (I only started using Aero magic late into the game as I didn't even realize what it did) but even in the clip you showed I don't really feel like it's all that fun. Ursula's hitboxes are just so hard to get to when you're swimming/floating that it feels janky as hell, really that goes for every big boss fight.

Even in that video multiple times you just kinda slide off of her and have to reposition in a combo due to the physics. And she isn't even moving.

Even ignoring that stuff, the combat is still largely just hitting X to do the same combo over and over to refill your magic, restacking on Aero or Stop, and doing the same thing again. If the physical combos changed even just visually it'd be easier to swallow, but it just started to feel real monotonous.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
This final day of the Legendary Hero banner has been... meh.

I decided to give a final go at summoning from that banner for either a better nature'd Hrid or another Brave Hector for Bold Fighter fodder. I didn't get either of them unfortunately. The best I got was this:

It's Summer Cordelia, and she was my first summon for the final day. Her IVs are nothing outstanding, nor are they awful: +Res -HP.

Wasn't really planning on pulling her tbh. My +Def -Res Legendary Ephraim already does a very fine job as my blue cavalier; Summer Cordelia feels rather redundant.

This has been eventful Legendary Hero banner overall though. Finally pulling a perfect nature'd Brave Hector and my first Hrid were the main highlights, with my other new 5-stars from the banner being another Legendary Ryoma, my first Legendary Lucina, and now my first Summer Cordelia.

A few days ago, I also got another Brave Ike as my free summon for that new Ward Skills banner that came out then. Always good to have more Steady Breath fodder!

Now to devote all that I can to support Team Hrid in the Voting Gauntlet!

Chrono.

I do get your point about magic (I only started using Aero magic late into the game as I didn't even realize what it did) but even in the clip you showed I don't really feel like it's all that fun. Ursula's hitboxes are just so hard to get to when you're swimming/floating that it feels janky as hell, really that goes for every big boss fight.

Even in that video multiple times you just kinda slide off of her and have to reposition in a combo due to the physics. And she isn't even moving.

Even ignoring that stuff, the combat is still largely just hitting X to do the same combo over and over to refill your magic, restacking on Aero or Stop, and doing the same thing again. If the physical combos changed even just visually it'd be easier to swallow, but it just started to feel real monotonous.
KH2 is where everything clicks for the better.

It's an easier game but a more fun one.
"Oh right, this guy is a thing. I remember liking him, why did I ever unsubscribe?"
*"Worst Smash Stages"*
I found myself agreeing with his list (it's pretty much what you'd expect of a bad Smash stage list) but found it surprising he liked PokeFloats given it has everything he seems to dislike about stages.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh wow

NVIDIA in China is selling the NVIDIA Shield at a discount for a week, and it comes with download codes for all of the Nintendo games, meaning you don't have to get around the credit card stuff. If I was in a lucrative position financially, I'd go for this.

Ursula is the worst boss in the game precisely because of the weird collision but I honestly don't get that with any other fight (aside from Oogie's Tower which is less of a boss fight and more of an awkward platforming segment). My point was more that even she can be taken out pretty handily at Lv. 1 with the proper use of the game mechanics. Didn't mention it before, but Summons can also be pretty useful on other bosses too.

And the combos do change visually. Were you equipping your Abilities? A lot of Abilities are Combo Modifiers built around happening when enemies are in certain formations or distances from you. Granted, you get more of these quicker if you pick the Sword at the start (Staff is best though), but you should have learned at least a few even if you picked Staff or Shield.

There's also more to combat from a physical standpoint, mainly parrying and deflecting projectiles. Not only does this leave you with more openings and do more damage, but you usually also earn Tech Points from it, which is Bonus EXP for performing special actions during fights, so doing these things is not only rewarding in that you get more openings and easier damage, but Sora will get stronger faster too.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
This final day of the Legendary Hero banner has been... meh.

I decided to give a final go at summoning from that banner for either a better nature'd Hrid or another Brave Hector for Bold Fighter fodder. I didn't get either of them unfortunately. The best I got was this:

It's Summer Cordelia, and she was my first summon for the final day. Her IVs are nothing outstanding, nor are they awful: +Res -HP.

Wasn't really planning on pulling her tbh. My +Def -Res Legendary Ephraim already does a very fine job as my blue cavalier; Summer Cordelia feels rather redundant.

This has been eventful Legendary Hero banner overall though. Finally pulling a perfect nature'd Brave Hector and my first Hrid were the main highlights, with my other new 5-stars from the banner being another Legendary Ryoma, my first Legendary Lucina, and now my first Summer Cordelia.

A few days ago, I also got another Brave Ike as my free summon for that new Ward Skills banner that came out then. Always good to have more Steady Breath fodder!

Now to devote all that I can to support Team Hrid in the Voting Gauntlet!
Tried to get Hrid(since I like Ice themes and want to get the Nifl characters). Ended up with two L!Ryomas. One was +ATK, -SPD and the other was +HP, -RES. Since they don't have any skills I want, I'll just merge them with my currant L!Ryoma, who's been doing very nicely for me anyhow, despite being +DEF, -RES.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*"Worst Smash Stages"*
I think you're the one with bad taste here.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I checked my ranking immediately after I did my most recent Voting Gauntlet match just a few minutes ago, and OMG!

I'm currently the #1 rank on Team Hrid!

This is the first time I've ever achieved this at some point during a Voting Gauntlet! The highest I've ever placed during a round within a Voting Gauntlet was usually around the top 200 and that's it. Never have I reached this high of ranking until now. Reaching first place at one point? Now THAT'S even more of a shocker.

I'm all out of flags though. I used them during the multipliers Team Hrid got during today (and he got a lot in this fierce battle with Team Laegjarn so far). Thus, it probably won't be long until someone snags the number one rank from me.

Still, this will go down as one of my proudest moments in Fire Emblem Heroes!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sakurai and The Smash Crew really released a ****ing AR Card for Kid Icarus Uprising yet there’s still no HD Remake or Sequel made...Pit and his Kid Icarus squad have the best countdown day
38472D3D-CFA9-4D0A-B6A5-E3996F4625BA.jpeg

Chrono.

Wow, new LR came out and it's Yamcha. They gave him one of the cleanest artworks in the game. It's wallpaper worthy alone.

LR_Yamcha (1).jpg

I never partake in World Tournaments but now I gotta for this guy whenever he comes to Global lol.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Don't worry about me, I swear I'm not dead. Just...been preoccupied, mostly.

And stricken with the flu right now, as it turns out.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Sakurai and The Smash Crew really released a ****ing AR Card for Kid Icarus Uprising yet there’s still no HD Remake or Sequel made...Pit and his Kid Icarus squad have the best countdown day
It's not new. You can even see the "2012" on the bottom.

It was just never ever released in an official way before. To see it, you had to hack the game.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's not new. You can even see the "2012" on the bottom.

It was just never ever released in an official way before. To see it, you had to hack the game.
And that’s ****ing why I said it’s new. A card never release = new to the public eye (like StarFox 2 or Mother 3 if it actually released in America)...

...don’t ****ing correct a Pit(y) comment
E0D2FF0E-F728-4AA1-87D6-2A157420AF78.jpeg

Edit: never even said new (as this edited extra realizes now), but my Pit Point still stands

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

It's somethingicus.

It's not getting them out of my incoming planned onslaught of begging for them to not let the franchise rot, but I'll give a cheer to anything that looks like a twitch of life from it.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

It's somethingicus.

It's not getting them out of my incoming planned onslaught of begging for them to not let the franchise rot, but I'll give a cheer to anything that looks like a twitch of life from it.
We just need to brainwash all of Nintendo to make Kid Icarus continue making games and sequels that aren’t Super Smash Bros games...or we put them in the Fire Emblem world

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Almost caught up on season 3 of Riverdale.

The storyline this seasons is pretty bat **** crazy, but it has a lot of potential.

As someone whose not opposed to crazy ideas I'm intrigued to see where things are going.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
We just need to brainwash all of Nintendo to make Kid Icarus continue making games and sequels that aren’t Super Smash Bros games...or we put them in the Fire Emblem world
Which Fire Emblem world?

Because the bad uber-dragon wrecked timelines would be pretty rough but as far as most of the others go I can definitely think of some worse games to be stranded in as a normal human. Including Kid Icarus itself funny enough hahahah.

Chrono.

Almost caught up on season 3 of Riverdale.

The storyline this seasons is pretty bat **** crazy, but it has a lot of potential.

As someone whose not opposed to crazy ideas I'm intrigued to see where things are going.
Trying to resist watching but it's hard lol.

Season 2 was already wild, I can't imagine what they have in store for season 3.

KMDP

Smash Legend
All of the clickbait "THIS CHARACTER IS TOP TIER FOR ULTIMATE" and "ULTIMATE SMASH ULTIMATE TIER LIST" videos are already popping up on my news feed.

Yes, some characters feel and perform a bit better than their previous iterations due to global mechanical updates and the overall faster pace of the game. Don't mean they'll be top tier.
When everyone is top tier... no one is.
Which Fire Emblem world?

Because the bad uber-dragon wrecked timelines would be pretty rough but as far as most of the others go I can definitely think of some worse games to be stranded in as a normal human. Including Kid Icarus itself funny enough hahahah.
It really depends where and when you'd be sent.

Almost all of the games end up peaceful after the end of their story, the exception being FE7 (where it's relatively peaceful during it's story until Bern attacks in FE6). Akaneia, Valentia, Jugdral, Tellius, Hoshido and Nohr are entirely peaceful after their conflicts are over, except for occasional bandit attacks (which you only have to worry about if you leave near bandits). I don't think you'd ever want to be sent to Magvel, what with the Zombies and Giant Spiders and the like. And even with Akaneia/Valentia, while additional major conflicts happen (Awakening), they're a millenium away.

Moral of the story, if you avoid the wars, any Fire Emblem world is better than Magvel after their wars are over.

If you have to go to a Fire Emblem world during their respective conflicts, I'd rank "Lycia during the events of FE7" at the top, with all the others as a "pick your poison" type of deal. Why is Lycia at the top? Because it's not at war during FE7, the story effects the royals far more than it does the general populace.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
wow, mario and luigi: bowser's inside story is a cocktail of deviantart fetishes, it's like the disney robin hood of games. i'm glad i only played it when i was but an innocent child with no knowledge of such things

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
wow, mario and luigi: bowser's inside story is a cocktail of deviantart fetishes, it's like the disney robin hood of games. i'm glad i only played it when i was but an innocent child with no knowledge of such things
For some people, being exposed to that at a young age is a gateway...

Exhibit A: me --->:yoshi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom