• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Burb Burb you usually do good in depth discussions. So what are your thoughts on Geno being playable? Do you think his long term popularity and consideration could get Sakurai to push for him being playable?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Talking about Hot Springs again?
...I am not surprised. :p
That's just fanart,

And with that how Newt messes the female characters up... man we never really see how other rare Blades interact...

And Daemon X Machina!
Literally Xenoblade Chronicles X2! LOL,just kidding.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Ouch.

My heart sinks.

Suddenly that round of applause and cheering he received yesterday feels even more special.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

This is so soft. So pure. So cute. Can you believe an image like this exists of these two?

D

Deleted member

Today did not go that bad.
Thank goodness, at least I get a peaceful birthday.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Suddenly that round of applause and cheering he received yesterday feels even more special.
agreed.

It was really touching to see all the positively and love Sakurai got. He truly did an amazing thing when he didn’t have to. I’m glad he seemed very happy when he received all that acclaim. Almost brought tears to my eyes. He is an incredible developer and I’m sure Nintendo, Iwata and everyone is happy to have him and see his accomplishments.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

This is so soft. So pure. So cute. Can you believe an image like this exists of these two?
Rumor has it this photo was taken mere moments before Ridley took her head off. :scared:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*Looks at London, Berlin, Paris and Tokyo in Google Earth Pro Maps*
Man, I want to go to all of those four places! ^_^

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ok, this is a pretty awesome image of Greninja...

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Burb Burb you usually do good in depth discussions. So what are your thoughts on Geno being playable? Do you think his long term popularity and consideration could get Sakurai to push for him being playable?
First off, thanks, I'm glad you like my input. Hearing stuff like this makes it all the more worthwhile.

That aside......

I considered Geno a complete no-hoper throughout the entire pre-release of Brawl and Smash 4. Super Mario RPG was a childhood game of mine and one of my absolute favorites, but I personally feel he has no business getting into Smash as a playable character. He's not really important to the Mario series as a whole; he's a one-and-done character from a spinoff.

I think there's a long list of characters from both the Mario series and Square Enix as a whole that should take priority over him. There's dozens of more noteworthy Mario characters, and I've always thought it would be a waste to get Square on board with Smash, only to use their Mario OC over a character from one of their own iconic IPs (I've been vocal about the likelihood of Sakurai going with a character from a Square Enix IP over Geno before Cloud was confirmed; I never thought Cloud was in the realm of possibility, but I did think we'd get a SNES/NES-era FF character or someone from Dragon Quest, likely Slime).

HOWEVER, with Sakurai having acknowledged the demand for Geno in the form of that Mii Fighter costume, as well as having gone on record in an interview and said he wanted him to be in Brawl, my stance has shifted slightly. I do still firmly believe he doesn't belong in Smash, and I don't think he's going to make it in (especially with the Mario series already having had a newcomer confirmed for SSBU in the form of Daisy, and the game itself having been stated to have a small cast of new characters). But I don't think he's impossible. We saw the power of fan demand firsthand just yesterday with Ridley finally getting into Smash in spite of Sakurai's own hesitance over the years. Unlike Ridley, Geno's a character he said he wanted. If fan demand could get him to use a character he's rejected multiple times and outright said he felt wasn't possible, it could probably get him to revisit a character he said he wanted to use, who's owned by a company that's already on board with the project.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
@ShinyLegendary Didn't know it was your birthday already but Happy Birthday anyways haha.

I remember my 15th birthday like it was yesterday.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thank you guys for noticing my birthday.
I was getting worried.

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm playing Fork Knife.

I have no idea what I'm doing.
It's more fun to play with friends...

Me and my brother went to play 50 v 50. He has played Fortnite on PC before, but not much.
My brother keeps getting shot at and I killed only two of the enemies.
And we won the battle for the first time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Geno turns out to be a newcomer I'll eat a whole shoe

Also
E3 predictions:
Let's do this, shall we?
-Metroid Prime 4 is taking a lot of inspiration from Hunters, including a Battle Royale mode. Collect the Baby Metroid item to turn into Ridley!
Didn't show up at E3 but I still fully expect it
-Fire Emblem 16 is nowhere mear as cool as that Pirate-themed one from the fake leak.
I stand by this
Additionally, it'll have FEH mechanics to ease newcomers in: to recruit new units, you'll hvae to collect Orbs and spend them for a chance to get the unit you want. Duplicates are possible.
Unconfirmed but possible, we only saw the Lord characters after all
Anything below 4* is just a generic soldier that can be added to an unit's squad too
-Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is announced and it's just a straight up hentai game.
So glad I got this one right
-Local Handheld System Over 100 Years Old Just Won't Die, New Games Announced, New 32DSBDSMXXL Variation Revealed.
Surprisingly... wrong? Where the 3DS at!?
-Octopath Traveler gets a story trailer and ir's just really ****ing good, no joke here, it's just how it is.
Not a story trailer but it still is reaply ****ing good
-Somehow, a 4chan text leak is true and Ridley is in Smash. Scientists begin speculating we have moved into a different universe where probability is reversed.
The conclusion is that: yes, this is an alternate reality. Can't wait for Goku
-Bill gets his job back.
Real happy for the man
-No F-Zero
-It's dead.
-Just give up, man.
-It's ****ing dead.
Was it ever a mystery?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so what are the odds that sakurai could make jeanne a bayo echo fighter in the time between now and release(asking because kamiya jsut retweeted someone asking sakurai and kamiya what they thought about that idea)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can already tell this Octo Expansion is not gonna be fun.
I do not play Splatoon 2, but I think it looks really fun! I watched it in E3.
My sisters really want it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
so what are the odds that sakurai could make jeanne a bayo echo fighter in the time between now and release(asking because kamiya jsut retweeted someone asking sakurai and kamiya what they thought about that idea)
Did Bayonetta lose her Jeanne alt?

I haven't seen everyone's alt colors yet.

Chrono.

I'm playing a demo for Shining Resonance Refrain.

It kinda plays like Tales but ****tier, I don't mind.

Not much to say about the characters, male protag seems to be the meek dormat type.
Did Bayonetta lose her Jeanne alt?

I haven't seen everyone's alt colors yet.
It's still there.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Surprisingly... wrong? Where the 3DS at!?
Methinks there's going to be a separate Direct for 3DS games in July/August.

The impression I got is that they prob didn't want those titles to become an afterthought due to Smash (which is what all the other titles ended up becoming thanks to Smash lol) so the 3DS stuff being announced in the Summer would make people pay attention to it.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm scared how the new Smash amiibos are gonna end up becoming. If we have to end up buying EVERYONE again I might as well just work 70 hours a week just for them lol

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman

Your avi is too good for me man. I'm not worthy of such greatness.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
First off, thanks, I'm glad you like my input. Hearing stuff like this makes it all the more worthwhile.

That aside......

I considered Geno a complete no-hoper throughout the entire pre-release of Brawl and Smash 4. Super Mario RPG was a childhood game of mine and one of my absolute favorites, but I personally feel he has no business getting into Smash as a playable character. He's not really important to the Mario series as a whole; he's a one-and-done character from a spinoff.

I think there's a long list of characters from both the Mario series and Square Enix as a whole that should take priority over him. There's dozens of more noteworthy Mario characters, and I've always thought it would be a waste to get Square on board with Smash, only to use their Mario OC over a character from one of their own iconic IPs (I've been vocal about the likelihood of Sakurai going with a character from a Square Enix IP over Geno before Cloud was confirmed; I never thought Cloud was in the realm of possibility, but I did think we'd get a SNES/NES-era FF character or someone from Dragon Quest, likely Slime).

HOWEVER, with Sakurai having acknowledged the demand for Geno in the form of that Mii Fighter costume, as well as having gone on record in an interview and said he wanted him to be in Brawl, my stance has shifted slightly. I do still firmly believe he doesn't belong in Smash, and I don't think he's going to make it in (especially with the Mario series already having had a newcomer confirmed for SSBU in the form of Daisy, and the game itself having been stated to have a small cast of new characters). But I don't think he's impossible. We saw the power of fan demand firsthand just yesterday with Ridley finally getting into Smash in spite of Sakurai's own hesitance over the years. Unlike Ridley, Geno's a character he said he wanted. If fan demand could get him to use a character he's rejected multiple times and outright said he felt wasn't possible, it could probably get him to revisit a character he said he wanted to use, who's owned by a company that's already on board with the project.
I do think he’s probably not high priority. The main thing with that is we don’t know how many new characters we will see so who knows.

Daisy even if she’s a clone is someone I really didn’t think much of but she could certainly contribute to know Geno is Sakurai thinks there are too many mario characters. Although I ask feel captain toad is pretty likely so if that happens Geno would probably fall even lower.

As for square I honestly never thought slime would make it. I know the series is popular, but slime never felt right imo. I thought cloud would likely get in first or even Sora because I feel Disney would probably be on board with it if no Disney characters actually were apart of the Sora moveset.

But if Disney were an issue, Geno could possibly get more notice by Sakurai. Hell he might not even want to try with Disney because it’s another company and he likely wants to only work alongside the current ones to save ime. So maybe Geno would be considered more especially based on his past thoughts.

With a seemingly big baller presence, being thought about by Sakurai almost every game, maybe it could be time.

Your points are pretty valid though, I really didn’t consider the mario reps side of things. Square being on board and the costume led me to think he could be easier to get though.

Overall seeing the final roster can yield some interesting surprises.

I’d say it’s a decent chance. Kamiya seems pretty happy to be apart of smash so I don’t think another bayo rep would be hard to get, especially with 3 right around the corner. Plus the the quicker devolpment time an echo would have is a pretty helpful attribute too imo

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
This is ****ing stupid. Just ****ing give me the octolings in multiplayer and go **** yourself Octo Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom