• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Swole Spider

They should add it as a new fighting/ Bug pokemon

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Do you guys think Saitama can beat the entire DBZ canon universe?
I think if he hits his max potential, he can.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Theoretically it also could be that IS may be worried that the new characters they're adding may not be popular enough to carry a banner, so they're adding the alts as 'safe' additions to keep fans interested. With that said, even in that case it'd be a strange choice since characters like Myrrh/L'arachel and the Morgans are popular characters and can easily get fans of their games interested without support.
To some extent, it's surprising, yet unsurprising that IS hasn't tried the Reinhardt method with another not-so-popular character. The idea of giving an unknown character a whole lot of powerful skills and stats to compliment them and seeing how popular they'd get with the players for their skills and "Tier". This was how Reinhardt went from a guy nobody really knew except those who played through all of Thracia to the Top 5 Males. So it's rather interesting how IS hasn't tried this theory with another unknown character, as it could help make lesser known characters more popular like it did Reinhardt.

But at the same time, it's understandable that they probably don't want to try considering after it was established that Reinhardt and Brave Lyn were the most dangerous threats in the Arena that people practically had to keep a counter for both of them on their team, even IS was making counters after counters to deal with both of them and trying to make alot of different skills, like the Tactics skills and the Armor exclusive skills, to try and get people to play something other than Horse Emblem. They probably don't want to potentially release a incredibly good character that they may have to start working on counters and whatnot again.

Ironically, Reinhardt's Sword form has probably made Horse Emblem dangerous again considering Sword Reinhardt can deal with the counters that threaten both Brave Lyn and regular Reinhardt. So maybe it's just Reinhardt's nature to cause shifts in the balance.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Saitama can beat them, one punch is actually one KO.
Just because he can doesn't mean he'll succeed.

You gonna know the differences between characters, look at their abilities and see from an unbiased look who would kick who's ass.

Saitama could fare well against most of the cast, but the second he decides to fight someone like Beerus is the moment he could actually lose if he's not serious from the get-go.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just because he can doesn't mean he'll succeed.

You gonna know the differences between characters, look at their abilities and see from an unbiased look who would kick who's ***.

Saitama could fare well against most of the cast, but the second he decides to fight someone like Beerus is the moment he could actually lose if he's not serious from the get-go.
Saitama did beat the best warrior in the galaxy once. Plus he can go really fast at light speed and punch them from behind.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Saitama did beat the best warrior in the galaxy once. Plus he can go really fast at light speed and punch them from behind.
Here's your problem with this...

He did beat the best warrior in the galaxy... but that's relative to the One Punch Man series. You can't simply assume that the best warrior in OPM's galaxy is also going to be the best warrior in Dragon Ball's galaxy. It's basically comparing apples with oranges.

And considering there's a lot of people in Dragon Ball who specializes in destroying entire worlds... Yeah, the power levels are pretty differrent.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Saitama's whole thing is that he's a parody of characters like Superman and Goku.
That's why any scenario involving him fighting someone is meaningless. He wins by being a parody.

Chrono.

I feel like Saitama doesn't really work in these "who would win?" scenarios because he's a gag character that comes from a gag manga where the punchline (no pun intended) is that he finishes everyone off with a single punch.

Schnee117 Schnee117 Beat me to it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel like Saitama doesn't really work in these "who would win?" scenarios because he's a gag character that comes from a gag manga where the punchline (no pun intended) is that he finishes everyone off with a single punch.

Schnee117 Schnee117 Beat me to it.
Saitama's whole thing is that he's a parody of characters like Superman and Goku.
That's why any scenario involving him fighting someone is meaningless. He wins by being a parody.

But that means he can beat anyone with a punch.... :troll:

I am just kidding. Good point.

Who is the most powerful character in fiction?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Me: I should save my feathers in case I pull more Chrom/Virion/Merric/Marth/Caeda/Mae/Frederick so I can merge them.

Also Me: Slaying Edge Bonfire Draug sounds really fun.

D

Deleted member

Wait.... if Saitama's joke is he kills anyone with one punch, he can kill anyone with one punch. Including the Hakai.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Wait.... if Saitama's joke is he kills anyone with one punch, he can kill anyone with one punch. Including the Hakai.
The Hakai is actually a technique that's not unlike Saitama's punches, but dialed up to eleven because it straight up destroys whoever is struck by it from existence, leaving no trace they were ever there.

But Beerus would probably be too lazy to use it, soooooooo...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Hakai is actually a technique that's not unlike Saitama's punches, but dialed up to eleven because it straight up destroys whoever is struck by it from existence, leaving no trace they were ever there.

Same with Saitama's punches. :lol:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

My thought would be that Beerus lets the hit get in or dodges it, but the second he's punched, which wouldn't kill him anyway, he'd use Hakai because the punch would hurt like hell even then.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
My thought would be that Beerus lets the hit get in or dodges it, but the second he's punched, which wouldn't kill him anyway, he'd use Hakai because the punch would hurt like hell even then.
That sounds like a Beerus thing to do.

But how is the battle set up?

Saitama took the last cocktail sausage? :troll:

Chrono.

Hakai got nerfed pretty hard later on.

Vegeta tanked all of Toppo's Hakai attempts, but then again, he was just a GoD candidate so you could make the argument that he was weaker than Beerus (which he is).

But also, Beerus admitted Goku surpassed him by the end of Super. So if Vegeta could tank Hakai, Goku probably can too.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
But also, Beerus admitted Goku surpassed him by the end of Super. So if Vegeta could tank Hakai, Goku probably can too.
So what you're saying is that Goku might be as powerful as someone who was designed as a parody of himself? :troll:

It worked with Buu, did it not? XD
Why do you think I asked? XD

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG check this out

A species of Beetles called "Trilobite Beetles"

This is strange and interesting. They don't look like beetles, but they are

Definitely new bug pokemon

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The only character Saitama can't beat is Merlinus, as I estabilished in a past post, Merlinus is not only the most powerful character in the FEverse, but also out of all possible universes.
In this essay I will

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
OMG check this out

A species of Beetles called "Trilobite Beetles"

This is strange and interesting. They don't look like beetles, but they are

Definitely new bug pokemon
Jesus Christ put that under a spoiler.

Swole Spider was one thing but "vaguely phallic nightmare hellbeast" is another.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Jesus Christ put that under a spoiler.

Swole Spider was one thing but "vaguely phallic nightmare hellbeast" is another.
What? I have a hard time believing someone would be scared of a beetle

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes, please spoiler those kinds of images. People are squeamish. I mean, I found the spider cute and have no issue with the other one, but that doesn't mean everybody is the same. You should always be conscious of others. :)

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Can't wait for the 15 seconds of footage from the trailer

"I'LL KILL ALL THE NINGENS!"
*Zamasu flies in from the right*
*Auto combo on Vegeta feat. Goku black assist*