• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The prepurchase for Bayonetta 1 is 66% off right now.

I paid 13$.
Ah, yeah, that's the discount you get for buying Bayonetta 2 first. Apparently it lasts until the day of release. No idea what happens after that.

Last edited by a moderator:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Its probably going to be phased out by the end of this year but its good to know the people that just got a 3DS will still be able to get continued support. Its funny that people want it dead so bad
Got gf one for Christmas, packed together with New Leaf and Super Mario Maker.

Even if the 3DS stopped getting games tomorrow it'd still be hard to kill. Two excellent generations of Pokemon, good AC, the Bravely series, and a whole who's-who of remakes of the best first-party N64 era stuff - that's just off the top of my head. As long as they keep eShop access running for it, it'll stay alive easy.

Wait a minute.

It IS spelled Floren!

redfeatherraven redfeatherraven you *******!
upload_2018-2-3_0-9-8.png

Either we're holding two entirely different conversations or you're a terrible fisherman.

D

Deleted member

Wait a minute.

It IS spelled Floren!

redfeatherraven redfeatherraven you *******!

Even if the 3DS stopped getting games tomorrow it'd still be hard to kill. Two excellent generations of Pokemon, good AC, the Bravely series, and a whole who's-who of remakes of the best first-party N64 era stuff - that's just off the top of my head. As long as they keep eShop access running for it, it'll stay alive easy.

View attachment 135795

Either we're holding two entirely different conversations or you're a terrible fisherman.
Aurane, you just got outsmarted by Red. Well it makes sense because mice have more of a brain than skeletons. :p

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

The 3DS is a rewlly great portable" I love mine to death. It kept me sane through college lol.

I feel everyone thinks any old person can make 300 bucks for a whole new console easily and it doesnt work like that

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So... one amazing game and a ****ty port...

Not sure what to think of this 50/50...
When they announced the Super Mario Maker port in September 2016, I was automatically set on buying it, until I heard it was local-focused and you couldn't post courses online.

Classic Nintendo. They do something that sounds great and then they **** it up at the same time.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Completely random and out of the blue question but how many of y'all have felt trapped in Uni? Like you want and need a way out but can't due to various reasons?
Me and some of my uni friends. It can be enjoyable but sometimes we question whether we made the right choice or if we've just been wasting time. Yet everyone's at the point where even if it wasn't the right choice, we feel like we might as well just finish it since we've come so far already.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I decided to check the official website in the name of sportsmanship.

Floran.png

As the referee here, I declare redfeatherraven redfeatherraven the winner.

Chrono.

Me and some of my uni friends. It can be enjoyable but sometimes we question whether we made the right choice or if we've just been wasting time. Yet everyone's at the point where even if it wasn't the right choice, we feel like we might as well just finish it since we've come so far already.
Yeah that's basically my situation right now, more or less.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

One Christmas I got Shadow Dragon and a Hardy Boys visual novel for my DS.

So you can see why I look on Shadow Dragon pretty fondly now.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Makes her happy, and she needs that right now.

That's enough for me.

So I got an interesting message on Tumblr as I was uploading Pit of the Day today.

https://pitofthedaysplatoon2.tumblr...-more-than-happy-to-respond-to-any-messages-i

And by interesting I mean "bot which I then proceeded to engage in one sided trolling of."

Um.

You said it was with an A and not an E. :T
Fine. Fine. I looked it up.

And I guess you're right.

As far as I can tell there's no sexual art of the money from Witcher 3.

Chrono.

After watching Chapman's new vid on Gohan I kinda wanted to try out one of his combos. I couldn't get it done exactly like his but, still, big damage.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
At least the Dovahkiin can be all blood-brothers with them. Then the only orc that looks at you funny either tries to kill you to get out of being caught being a wimp or gets sent into low orbit by a giant. Only other orcs that really rub me the wrong way can be handwaved by "It's Markarth," where most of the population is either toxic, a Forsworn, cannibals, or some combination anyway.

Full-blown Proud Warrior Race Guys right up to Malacath himself. Fine by me. Heck, even the "led by a Daedric Prince" thing is, I'm not a Vigilant of Stendarr. They keep their society cleaner than the mainstream one. Orsimer are fine in my book, you just don't see that many out there.

Heck, the only player races I pick do worse for themselves than Orsimer do behavior wise. Something kinda stings about ruining the lives of half the decent Argonians in Skyrim if you join every faction. And Jaree-Ra is just a piece of trash through and through. Folks at Windhelm stay untouched as far as I'm aware and they have the most quests you can pursue in order to befriend them though, which is why as an Argonian player that they thus act friendly instead of frosty towards and actually let into their living quarters during the two seconds that it's open I'm particularly protective of them.
Honestly, the Argonians at Windhelm are probably one of the nicest group in the game. Only one is particularly negative and it's not unprovoked, the rest don't try to hang their sorrows on you or try to stay positive despite their problems, which makes them stand out from the Nords living around them considering they're a bunch of racists with a ridiculous amount of pride that need to get brought down a peg which is why I steal their stuff and sell it to the Curiousity Shop.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I decided to check the official website in the name of sportsmanship.

View attachment 135798

As the referee here, I declare redfeatherraven redfeatherraven the winner.
To be fair, Google, wiki and multiple other sources kept saying it was spelt Floren.
Fine. Fine. I looked it up.

And I guess you're right.

As far as I can tell there's no sexual art of the money from Witcher 3.
Alright whatever. I apologize.

Google needs to stop correcting me.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Honestly, the Argonians at Windhelm are probably one of the nicest group in the game. Only one is particularly negative and it's not unprovoked, the rest don't try to hang their sorrows on you or try to stay positive despite their problems, which makes them stand out from the Nords living around them considering they're a bunch of racists with a ridiculous amount of pride that need to get brought down a peg which is why I steal their stuff and sell it to the Curiousity Shop.
Best part is that guy ain't even negative if you're Argonian. Greets me with the warmest "Haven't seen you around here before, sister." Place feels downright welcoming as a Marsh-Friend. A guy just trying to help his fellow Argonians, a lady who was a thief in the past but now worships Zenithar, the aforementioned guy who's completely different to a fellow Argonian, and. . .the guy who I only ever seem to see in the Assemblage seems like he needs some help.

Playing as an Argonian is probably the best race to be for NPC interactions just so they'll trust you more and let you into their home.

My opinion of Torbjorn Shatter-Shield and his associates has dropped to borderline archnemisis levels as a side effect, though. Especially after finding his assistant's journal.

Maybe your daughter is dead and your warmammer stolen because your a *bleep*, Torbjorn.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
After watching Chapman's new vid on Gohan I kinda wanted to try out one of his combos. I couldn't get it done exactly like his but, still, big damage.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
That was really cool. That "Masadan"(I think that's what the games call it) Fire ball thing does two hits? It should be a pretty good tool for extending combos. Though that one you did does eat through most of the meter.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

...oh my god...

Ready for this, redfeatherraven redfeatherraven ? I'm sure you've gathered this by now, but just in case, I want to make it clear.

So you were right. Turns out we were thinking of different things. I thought this entire time you were talking about Floren from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, not Floran from Starbound. The image in your previous post (and Coricus's) didn't load properly and I didn't notice it when I quoted your message. I haven't played Starbound in a little while and forgot what Floran were.

So... Yeah... Haha... Ha... ha...

...I'm gonna go and... I dunno... Sleep, I guess...

...sorry about all that...

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

...oh my god...

Ready for this, redfeatherraven redfeatherraven ? I'm sure you've gathered this by now, but just in case, I want to make it clear.

So you were right. Turns out we were thinking of different things. I thought this entire time you were talking about Floren from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, not Floran from Starbound. The image in your previous post (and Coricus's) didn't load properly and I didn't notice it when I quoted your message. I haven't played Starbound in a little while and forgot what Floran were.

Y'all are ****in goofballs.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I may have fallen asleep in my chair for an hour and a half or so. Guess that's one way to bypass the maintenance.

Best part is that guy ain't even negative if you're Argonian. Greets me with the warmest "Haven't seen you around here before, sister." Place feels downright welcoming as a Marsh-Friend. A guy just trying to help his fellow Argonians, a lady who was a thief in the past but now worships Zenithar, the aforementioned guy who's completely different to a fellow Argonian, and. . .the guy who I only ever seem to see in the Assemblage seems like he needs some help.

Playing as an Argonian is probably the best race to be for NPC interactions just so they'll trust you more and let you into their home.

My opinion of Torbjorn Shatter-Shield and his associates has dropped to borderline archnemisis levels as a side effect, though. Especially after finding his assistant's journal.

Maybe your daughter is dead and your warmammer stolen because your a *bleep*, Torbjorn.
I mean, the man's an immense ass, but what happened to his daughter was also pretty ****ed up.

Don't say that for his sake as much as hers. Maybe she was the chill one in the family; we don't get to meet her to find out.

...oh my god...

Oh pssh.

Don't worry about it. Thought it was sass, and I love a good sassfest. Ask @Zeb~. Or praline praline . Or half this thread, really, take your pick.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I have played XC1 for a little while and not XC2. I just think that XC2 has a better story / better looks. What are your thoughts?
How can you think one is better than the other if you've barely played both?

D

Deleted member

He ain't. Ain't news exactly though.

Something I wanted to bring up: looks like you patched your avi together yourself, right? Photoshop or GIMP, by chance?
I just looked up a clock's head and slapped it on Mythra's head. I had to remove all of the details around it, but I left some edges ( I should have put it in a white background and did better on removing the edges ).
I used Microsoft Paint, because I could not use Paint.net that well ( yes, this is awkward ).
My avatar is badly edited. If I removed the edges around the Clock's face, it would look much better. :p
How can you think one is better than the other if you've barely played both?
Because I did a little research on XC2 + XC1. XC2 looks better, story and everything. The art and plot, as well as the characters look better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Splatoon is asking for the Spongebob jokes at this point.

D

Deleted member

Spongebob memes are always the best.
Do you think checks in with "He's been hiding the pickles under his tongue the whole time!"?
EIther way, you have a nice

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I just looked up a clock's head and slapped it on Mythra's head. I had to remove all of the details around it, but I left some edges ( I should have put it in a white background and did better on removing the edges ).
I used Microsoft Paint, because I could not use Paint.net that well ( yes, this is awkward ).
My avatar is badly edited. If I removed the edges around the Clock's face, it would look much better. :p
What you really need is a selection tool that lets you feather the edges. Something like 2px or 3px should do for an image that size.

GIMP's my tool of choice, and it's got it. I'm not familiar with Paint.NET either - got GIMP, never bothered - but it's got it too.

MS Paint doesn't, obviously, but I guess you might be able to tool around with Magic Select in Paint 3D until it cooperates.

Bubble Bass memes inbound in 3...2...

D

Deleted member

I beat Valter's Infernal GHB, I could deal wuth the first wave just fine but the reinforcements at the end were what got me. Turns out all I had to do was put Hector in range of the Sword Cavalrier, which allowed him and Nino to kill him in the next turn and a Uror Singed Nino to ORKO the Red Mage Cavalrier that showed up on the next turn. Thanks, Universal Breaker Hector.
I probably couldn't have done it without SB+Aether on Joshua, he had to absorb a lot of damage.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I beat Valter's Infernal GHB, I could deal wuth the first wave just fine but the reinforcements at the end were what got me. Turns out all I had to do was put Hector in range of the Sword Cavalrier, which allowed him and Nino to kill him in the next turn and a Uror Singed Nino to ORKO the Red Mage Cavalrier that showed up on the next turn. Thanks, Universal Breaker Hector.
I probably couldn't have done it without SB+Aether on Joshua, he had to absorb a lot of damage.
Infernal Valter sucks, but Galeforce Cherche is GoaT and slapping a Blárblade on Summer Corrin was a great decision.
The Infantry-only Lunatic quest was harder, had to resort to a 4* Klein and 4* Setsuna to clear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom