• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I already promised my soul to Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.

But I'll happily give away what's left of my dignity if y'all cheap out a little less. Only half a donut, SMH.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
already sold my soul to the blazing depths of firey hell for cake

would still accept sweets if your giving them out :V

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
OK really I got a bit tense with that but

"my indie babies need special treatment" is not a beacon of inspiration.

It's the video game community equivalent of droning on and on about how you buy organic and how great organic is to anyone and everyone even and especially when they didn't ask.

And I am so, so freaking glad that most people have stopped doing it oh my GOSH.
I don't care if they get into Smash or not, but I did really like playing Shovel Knight and the first two Shantae games. So I at least understand WHY people would like them.

People just cling on to the characters/games they like. Nothing wrong with that as long as you aren't a **** about it.

Cloud and Bayonetta both took fan requests into account to various degrees, though. By Smash 4 speculation standards at least, they're outliers. And I mean, while unlike many people I actually do think the Ballot will be used for this game's selection process, even calculating based on what fans ask for is unreliable because any actual measure of that is drowned out by a drone of HOW DARE YOU ASK FOR ANYTHING ELSE KROOL DESERVES ALL THE LOVE KROOL KROOL BOW TO KROOL.

So Shovel Knight COULD be the darling baby that gets picked based on the fandom's hopes and dreams. . .or maybe someone else that had less hollering about was more beloved in secret instead. It's hard to reason out because this fandom's vocal minority takes the vocal part of that extremely seriously.

And it's largely because of the large type above that I'm a bit touchy about poor speculation. Because it's not entirely harmless, people WILL attempt to drive dissident opinions out of the fandom en masse over not matching the usually incredibly stupid consensus on speculation and it creates a toxic environment. Actually trying to bring some sense to it would at least give a semblance of objectivity, but instead people just bully each other because other people aren't worshipping *insert character here* enough.
I'm interested in how the ballot plays into the roster this time around. It's just HAS to have some impact beyond the DLC. And you bring up a good point. Many fans here have the "obvious" favorites, K.Rool being the front-runner of that. But we could see more characters like Bayo, where they were popular, but not so loudly on sites like this.

I do agree that people should just let each other like whatever character. Whether it's obsessing over K.Rool, sandbagging Ridley(better yet, ****ting on any Metroid character that ISN'T Ridley) or ranting about whatever FE or Pokemon characters that might get in or not. We can still have these discussions, but some people do get a little too heated over it.

That's why overtime, I cared more about what gameplay elements said character brings to the table, rather than representing their particular franchise. Unless we're talking characters I personally like a lot. Not that I don't care at all, but my prioritizes have changed a bit.

D

Deleted member

I'll take that soul.

And your dignity too.

I'll pay a fair price of one half of a chocolate donut.
Looks like you have a crush on Coricus.
Well now people are going to make ships and fanfictions.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I didn't sell my soul to go to the number one VFX school in the world just to back down from a challenge like this.
What's your main character like, can they air dash? They got sick armor? C'mon, you gotta give something to work with here.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I think people put so much stock in the indie third party rep because of how much you see gaming companies embracing the indie market, but in particular Nintendo really.

I mean you don't see Sony or Microsoft with a whole separate presentation just for announcing what new indies are on the Playstation and X Box systems.

And just a few days ago we got an smaller developer literally saying how much Nintendo cares about the small developers and indie developers.

I think that's like 80 percent of why people have it in their heads that characters like Shovel Knight, Shantae, Travis Touchdown, etc have such a strong chance at Smash Brothers.

It's probably a hollow thing, but it's where a tremendous amount of their hope comes from.
Another big part of it is the fact that their devs outright ask people to support them getting into Smash.

Wayforward, in particular, even did a lot to generate false hype (their behavior on Twitter during the Ballot was embarrassing and completely unprofessional, to say the least). Yacht Club does it, too, but has typically been a lot more mature about it.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Why not both? Does the budget allow it?
H Pout.png

"The budget's fine. The real question is whether I actually want to spend it on that. Why overinvest in resources when I don't have to and all that. It's all going to be the same in the end."

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Uh.

Cori is a cutie.

Everyone here loves her.
I would think everyone likes her as a friend, but I would not say everyone has a crush on her.
You have a crush on her though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
All of these offers are trash. Now HERE'S something you could sell a soul or two(doesn't have to be yours)for ladies and gentlemen.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
All of these offers are trash. Now HERE'S something you could sell a soul or two(doesn't have to be yours)for ladies and gentlemen.

I haven't even started this clip yet, but I remember it from something I watched on YouTube and it's Jones' Barbecue and Foot Massage, isn't it?

*watches*

Yep.

D

Deleted member

shipping will always happen whether you want it or not :V

its a matter of how much will ones do :V
Some take it too extreme as well.
Like Ura shipped Lampy and I together. Really?

Last edited by a moderator:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
When people mention shipping me, it's pretty much always with people I often get into debates with.

Can't really say I blame them, though. I mean, Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman and I sometimes call eachother pet names in the midst of arguments. :awesome:

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I just want Shovel Knight in Smash because I like the game, the gameplay, and because I think he could offer a fun moveset and would fit in very nicely other characters on the game's roster. That's all there is to it for me, personally. I like Shovel Knight a lot.

I don't think he's particularly likely (Indie characters have never really had good odds for Smash) but he's got more in his favor than can be said for most other Indie characters.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
When people mention shipping me, it's pretty much always with people I often get into debates with.

Can't really say I blame them, though. I mean, Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman and I sometimes call eachother pet names in the midst of arguments. :awesome:
Have I mentioned you're looking scrumptious today?

You really are stepping up that game. ;)

D

Deleted member

I just want Shovel Knight in Smash because I like the game, the gameplay, and because I think he could offer a fun moveset and would fit in very nicely other characters on the game's roster. That's all there is to it for me, personally. I like Shovel Knight a lot.

I don't think he's particularly likely (Indie characters have never really had good odds for Smash) but he's got more in his favor than can be said for most other Indie characters.
He would. I heard Shovel Knight did really well in the ballot. Maybe Japan.
Who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom