• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Kirby approve s of your responsibility:
Yo, does this game have a Funky Mode?

'might wanna try taxes easy before the real thing, ya know?:lol:

D

Deleted member

But Hyness is legitimately great.
Hmm. I like how diverse of a Kirby character he is. Some kind of insane long blue nosed guy who has crazy eyes and uses three girls for defense and attack mechanisms.

Morbi

Scavenger
I just watched some IGN crap and apparently one of the people there is expecting a pokemon game that's essentially Xenoblade but with pokemon

I kind of have a feeling he's going to be disappointed
I would definitely be angry if they turned Pokemon garbage; however, at the same time, I do sort of believe we need a bit more than just an HD version of the 3DS games. I would prefer a massive change and to be disappointed than the same old, same old. There is a ****ing reason so many genwunners exists. The series has not evolved very much. Slight innovations here and there only really amount to a lot when you look back, in hindsight. So, to that end, why even bother with Gen 1.2, Gen 1.3, Gen 1.4, Gen 1.5, Gen 1.6, Gen 1.7. Do we really want Gen 1.8? Or do we want something different? Sad part is, I am probably alone. Most people are too afraid of change BECAUSE it might be trash, especially if they use Xenoblade as the base. Lmfao.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
These little doodads apparently are key to restoring Agent 8's memory. Doesn't really say what exactly they are but they are cute.
They look just like little novelty erasers.

Which would be hilariously ironic if that's what they are.

Chrono.

Official English dub trailer for BBTag.

Ruby still sounds pretty bad.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, I just watched the first episode of Gun Gale Online Alternative, a SAO without Jesus-kun. And it's... Good? I mean, I'm not making any jumps because the first SAO episode was also legit good so I'm naturally skeptical. There's still the whole issue of "people taking video games way too ****ing seriously" that both AFO and the original GGO had but I'll give it two or so more episodes to prove itself.
xD I mean, the most disturbing thing is not what he does...but how he looks, that makes the name even more fitting.
*Googles Hyness*
Ok so he's 3K High AF Squidward

Morbi

Scavenger
It makes sense cause novelty erasers were big in the 90’s and Splatoon is all about 90’s culture.
Huh? That is the first I heard of Splatoon being about 90's culture. I just google'd it and one of the sources asked people what they thought and basically everyone said no. So I am sticking with my initial instinct that you are just seeing what you want to see.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I'm watching Sailor Moon and I flipped the **** out. There's this in universe toku show called Redman and that's scary as **** as there's an ACTUAL Redman who has a reputation for brutally slaughtering monsters who were minding their own business. Now I'm imagining this mass murderer in Sailor Moon
Wait, your watching a Magical Girl show? Soon, soon, you'll have no choice but to watch Precure, I know you'll break and watch a season of Precure before I watch a season of Kamen Rider Mwahahahahahaha!!!:evil:

Question to Sailor Moon fans: Favourite Sailor Scout? So far Jupiter's my favourite
I think its quite obvious who my favourites are.

Its Mars and Venus. What were you expecting a different pair :troll:

Hmmph, 800? How low. We must ****post into maximum overdrive as ASAP as possible
But if we do like we did yesterday, she won't be able to take anymore Captain.

Look, I could find a video of Scotty saying the can't take no more, alright.

Let us all have a moment for our lord and savior
He's 10 days late, that's unusual.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd...

Taxes are done!
Man its nice living it the UK, were I don't have to fill in my taxes.

I would definitely be angry if they turned Pokemon garbage; however, at the same time, I do sort of believe we need a bit more than just an HD version of the 3DS games. I would prefer a massive change and to be disappointed than the same old, same old. There is a ****ing reason so many genwunners exists. The series has not evolved very much. Slight innovations here and there only really amount to a lot when you look back, in hindsight. So, to that end, why even bother with Gen 1.2, Gen 1.3, Gen 1.4, Gen 1.5, Gen 1.6, Gen 1.7. Do we really want Gen 1.8? Or do we want something different? Sad part is, I am probably alone. Most people are too afraid of change BECAUSE it might be trash, especially if they use Xenoblade as the base. Lmfao.
Look, this may come across as mean, but I'm going to be blunt. Giving Pokemon a genre shift, is a terrible idea, it will piss off the main player base, so its not going to happen, nor should it ever happen. I play Pokemon because its a turn based RPG, and if it changes, I will drop the series.

Huh? That is the first I heard of Splatoon being about 90's culture. I just google'd it and one of the sources asked people what they thought and basically everyone said no. So I am sticking with my initial instinct that you are just seeing what you want to see.
Except, Splatoon does have 90s culture in it, it may not take influences directly from it, but social movements from that era are clearly present in the game.

Anyway, everyone bask in the glory of this Waa song:

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
So what kinds of @ShinyLegendary do y'all have? It's amazing when people go Shiny hunting after all
I am not sure if you are asking about Pokemon, or people similar to ShinyLegendary. I have the shiny Gyarados from Johto and I went shiny hunting for a Magikarp. Other than that, none.

Wait, your watching a Magical Girl show? Soon, soon, you'll have no choice but to watch Precure, I know you'll break and watch a season of Precure before I watch a season of Kamen Rider Mwahahahahahaha!!!:evil:

I think its quite obvious who my favourites are.

Its Mars and Venus. What were you expecting a different pair :troll:

But if we do like we did yesterday, she won't be able to take anymore Captain.

Look, I could find a video of Scotty saying the can't take no more, alright.

He's 10 days late, that's unusual.

Man its nice living it the UK, were I don't have to fill in my taxes.

Look, this may come across as mean, but I'm going to be blunt. Giving Pokemon a genre shift, is a terrible idea, it will piss off the main player base, so its not going to happen, nor should it ever happen. I play Pokemon because its a turn based RPG, and if it changes, I will drop the series.

Anyway, everyone bask in the glory of this Waa song:

I still want it to be a turn-based RPG, I am just saying they should change the formula a bit.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So what kinds of @ShinyLegendary do y'all have? It's amazing when people go Shiny hunting after all
I only get shiny legendaries when they're handouts.

Only shiny I've ever had that wasn't a handout at all was a Sandshrew that I chained for in ORAS. . .in a chain so long the three digit encounter meter rolled over. . .

I do not have luck with shinies.

Starlight_Lily

I still want it to be a turn-based RPG, I am just saying they should change the formula a bit.
Except, we have been getting massive formula changes, we had one in Gen 3, with abilities, Gen VI and VII also added them. You may not care for Z-Moves and Mega evolutions, but they are formula changes to the strategy in the gameplay.

Also, finished catching up on RWBY, I liked it overall, but the pacing of Vol 5 was kind of weak for me.

Alsco RWBY Chibi, Ruby confirmed secretly a Yandere, not to long now before she makes Wiess her special snowflake.

Yes, I ship White Rose, you guys should know this was obvious.
I also ship Enabler
That's Ruby and Yang, by the way
Just Kidding, make sure to leave your barf bags in the trash.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
HOMINA HOMINA HOMINA
http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2018/04/11/mythra-xenoblade-chronicles-2/

Eh, to be fair @Final Smash Gamer , Zeke isn't a spoiler, we have already seen him in many gameplay trailers. Hell, he's even on the official wallpaper along with Nia and Dromarch.

And not just Azami's HtH, Zeke also does that in Ursula's HtH as well... but I don't know the rest...

And... you guess it, Metal Shop X Metal Shop X @Apollo Justice I am now at the final chapter of Xenoblade Chronicles 2...Just getting start and I just had a minor nostalgic...

So how was Chapter 8 and 9 you may ask? Maybe it was because I was playing it at once... non spoiler tl;dr
It felt... a bit messy... I know there were many beef moments, but I never really get it straight... thank for Architect that there's cutscenes that I can rewatch...
Learned from Mythra Mythra , I go with semi spoiler review first... it is hard to stay spoiler free after chapter 7... so yeah....
  • WHERE AM I ON RIGHT NOW? I felt like I am playing Xenoblade Chronicles X as if the earth wasn't destroyed but rather in ruins... or a bad ending of Xenoblade X...
  • This location really really gives me a headache...
  • Rex can use every Blade! Yay! I can use Agate without overdrive! (A minor downside is you can't use overdrive to set the default driver back to Rex... therefore, even if you put another party member's Blade on Rex when doing the quest, it will still work, but later Driver and Blade conveersation will still be the original driver)
  • The new character (Only for a moments) I got was very very OP....
  • So many flashbacks... they were so hurt but also a bit annoying to be honest
  • Boss weren't a big deal... at all...
  • Finished many Blade quest... and Heart to Hearts... how interesting was there was one HtH that didn't have two routes.. only one...
  • Land of Morytha... thank goodness that I wasn't spoiled on this one
  • Anyone who argues about Rex lying n Pyra's lap during the beginning was a fan service... now this is where they get burned lol.
  • Why? (Choose between Mythra or Pyra for the new form)
  • Jin still wear his mask when you have him as party member...
  • Zombie fans in luck, Land of Morytha is full of "Zombies"
  • So Blades aren't immortal, they will turn into titans... just curious how long is a Blade's life span...
  • Jin... ate her? You mean you just ate her heart right?
  • Shame that Lora and Haze didn't have much more chemistry... and yeah, I aware Haze probably turned back into core crystal when Lora was killed... But I was thinking that Lora and Haze look alike must be meaning something... may be this will be talk about in the final chapter.. or not....
  • Amalthus' evil grin... reminds me of a villain in Hunter X Hunter... hint is... he's an ant...
  • So... just what happened to Amalthus? Besides her mother was killed?
  • Can't believe he took Haze's core crystal... speaking off...
And some Blade quest thoughts...
  • From the people's reaction... this clearly means that much like how we first met Praxis and Theory... they often go without their driver... so therefore not much people have actually know their previous driver... which means Praxis and Theory's previous driver were really d**ks
  • And them being cold blooded killers... hm... can't imagine that at all lol.
  • Getting ingredients and send the cookies to people... and need to do quest is so annoying...
  • Praxis lol, eyes of shining justice...
Eh... even if this quest clears off Praxis and Theory past sin, it doesn't really make them more standout... or at least impactful... so...
I give this quest 5/10... nice to have an after math quest... but wasn't too good.
  • I don't know why, even though I aware Floren is a dude... he is pretty cute at time during the cutscenes
  • And man putting out those fire... was such a hassle...
  • Alls well ends well... not really lol
  • Yes Floren... I already you were a dude...You are the best trap of 2018...
I give Floren's quest 7.5/10... you can start pretty soon as at chapter 6... but you can only finish it after finishing chapter 7...
  • Wasn't too bad when it comes to battling...
  • And Herald goes "berserk", ok... just shooting cannon at us... I wasn't expecting something more... Evagalieon- like lol...
  • So she goes to Spirt of Crucible Eplys? Where Blades often became weak? Not a bad idea Herald...
  • And we get to battle against Herald... Rex fighting against her own Blade... how does that make any sense lol
It was average... 6/10
Now for chapter 9
  • Checking cutscenes... this chapter has by far the least of cutscenes, but keep in mind most were very long...
  • So yeah.. the way to Elysium wasn't as I expected lol....
  • Now I get what is get in to the elevator means lol
  • Hm... again... lv 99... so most boss and enemies weren't a big deal...
  • Completed many Blade's affinity chart on the way....Besides Pyra and Mythra, I completed Wulfric, Praxis, Kora,Ursula, Perun, Electra, Sheba and Dahlia's affinity chart.
  • Whoa... the air battle...
  • Mik... he... was a jerk... but this chapter was where he really shines and... so.. RIP
  • He's a Blade eater? Which means he's a Human who becomes a Blade?
  • So this means Flesh eaters are obviously Blades turn to humans... but this will mention later
  • Battling against Jin... for the 100th time (Not really)
  • Whoa! whoa! Amalthus! You consume too many protein!!! And man he looked more like the Ant King from Hunter X Hunter... (Taking him out was easy too)
  • So... Akhos and Patroka aren't actually sisters... because they are actually Blades to Flesh eaters... so this means...
  • Nia technically is a blade at first... so she probably consume her "sister's" flesh and become human... however, only she and Jin and transform their... well... forms/aesthetics while Akos and Patroka didn't was pretty weird lol.
  • RIP Patroka...RIP Akhos... and last but not least....
  • RIP Jin and basically the entire Torna group...

So... yeah, basically I finally can watch all Xenoblade 2 videos... the "embargo" I put is now released...

I check back at Censorship gaming's Xenoblade 2 video...
Keep in mind, Censorship's fault on this video is they didn't care much about the visual spoilers... the video thumbnail basically spoils something about Poppi....

So again...Even though there's no story spoilers in this video...
VISUAL SPOILERS ahead, those who haven't seen Xenoblade 2's gameplay... DO NOT CLICK!

Rundown:
  • Yes.. yes... rare Blades... and even location English names are totally different compare to the Japanese ad Chinese.
  • According to one user... Chinese was basicaly 0% censorship... which means it was a smooth translate from Japanese to Chinese, which is obvious because they probably didn't have that much time when localizing Xenoblade 2 for Taiwan.
  • Yes... Elysium is called "paradise" in Japanese... already knew about that ever since E3...
Next are mostly heart to heart
  • I mean... Japanese may sound more pervy but Japanese makes more sense... Obviously Tora's gampypon and daddypon must have look at those nsfw books( instead of Blade books in English version)... or even probably hentai mangas lol
  • Next one also about Tora and Poppi... so tora made swimsuit that will break off.... why Tora? No wonder Brighid decides to burn that constume
  • Sheba is actually a lesbian... technically... but not really... so I guess setting her to Morag or Nia were probably the best choices.
  • Obviously, Dahlia, thank goodness no censorship hah! Has different voice tones... in English she sounds like a more American cowgirl style accent... whereas Japanese it was more of that typical pretty lady tone...
  • Finch sounds like what she's supposed to sound like in Japanese... but in English it's almost and 180 degree change... which this also made her the best English VA in my opinion.
Also finis Gorg and Adenine's quest too...
  • Running about like most other rare Blades...
  • Interesting...
  • A bit time consuming...
  • She can't stop jumping while spinning for some reason...
  • She decides to stay in the World Tree forever... ok...
8/10

Morag cooking...
View attachment 141233

Salt (Or Sugar actually) Bae, Gorg version
View attachment 141234
Extra:
Hm. .. Is this nsfw? Maybe a little bit
*sigh* no wonder why Baseball win...

And yes, Marina is wearing Raimon football uniform from Inazuma Eleven.

And... For Metal Shop X Metal Shop X
I really want to know what is Malos taking about. ..

Ok here we go :V:

-Playing XCX is convincing me that Morytha is NLA or just LA
-Those Guldo boys are just humans that tried to become Blade Eaters by implating cores on their brain tissue to achieve immortality; they became horrid corruptions of themselves... but they indeed achieved immortality.
-The choice between Pyra or Mythra even conflicted Saito himself
-The choice affects the ending of the game, but only in a pretty minor way.
-Did you skip traveled to go in a world tour of Alrest with Jin?
-Yeah, if you overdrove Blades to Rex, you'll realize those Protocols got wasted
-Infernal Guldo was literally made to get ****ed by Pneuma, poor dude lmao
-Tiem to do the KOS-MOS quest
-YOU FORGOT TO MENTION THE SUPER FLYING POPPI BRUH
-tfw NG+ will allow you to use the Tornans to beat Analthrust and get some revenge.
-Now the rest of the superbosses have spawned and some areas are filled with Lv. 95-99 Drivers, Alrest just got fun, yo.

Blade stuff, not really spoilers lol:
-Sheba is turbo lesbian, they can't even hide that in the english dub lol; one of my fav Blades actually.
-Realizing Finch has the same VA as Brighid... and Boreas made me enjoy her a bit more.
-The cowgirl accent made me dislike Dahlia more, I like the reverse cowgir-[redacted]
-Rev up that Tiger! Tiger! to make 3.1459 broken af.

Question to Sailor Moon fans: Favourite Sailor Scout? So far Jupiter's my favourite
Mars; heels, fire and a true friend for Usagi

Morbi

Scavenger
Except, we have been getting massive formula changes, we had one in Gen 3, with abilities, Gen VI and VII also added them. You may not care for Z-Moves and Mega evolutions, but they are formula changes to the strategy in the gameplay.

Also, finished catching up on RWBY, I liked it overall, but the pacing of Vol 5 was kind of weak for me.

Alsco RWBY Chibi, Ruby confirmed secretly a Yandere, not to long now before she makes Wiess her special snowflake.

Yes, I ship White Rose, you guys should know this was obvious.
I also ship Enabler
That's Ruby and Yang, by the way
Just Kidding, make sure to leave your barf bags in the trash.
I am not necessarily talking exclusively about battle mechanics, you seem really fixated on that when the direction of discussion is more to do with the actual game itself. The presentation is what I am concerned with. The only inherent difference is that there were island challenges over gyms in Gen 7. I want Pokemon to have another Colosseum or Gale of Darkness-esque change. Same Pokemon that you know and love, presented differently. Z-Moves are just Mega Evolution in the form of an attack and Mega Evolution is basically a Digimon rip-off. Not necessarily innovative. It does not dramatically change the way the game plays. I do not even dislike them per se. I just want MORE. An added layer of depth would be nice if we are going to stick with this same song and dance.

Do not worry about it, that is just what I want personally. You can have the same garbage you have been playing for two decades. They are not going to change it. I promise.

Starlight_Lily

I am not necessarily talking exclusively about battle mechanics, you seem really fixated on that when the direction of discussion is more to do with the actual game itself. The presentation is what I am concerned with. The only inherent difference is that there were island challenges over gyms in Gen 7. I want Pokemon to have another Colosseum or Gale of Darkness-esque change. Same Pokemon that you know and love, presented differently. Z-Moves are just Mega Evolution in the form of an attack and Mega Evolution is basically a Digimon rip-off. Not necessarily innovative. It does not dramatically change the way the game plays. I do not even dislike them per se. I just want MORE. An added layer of depth would be nice if we are going to stick with this same song and dance.

Do not worry about it, that is just what I want personally. You can have the same garbage you have been playing for two decades. They are not going to change it. I promise.
Yeah, except, that's not want I want out of new Pokemon game. I want battle to be present, but I also want them to bring back contests, Pokeathlon, put in showcases from the anime, and make musicals a deeper mechanic more about building a dancing troupe of Pokemon. That's all I'm saying on this.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah, except, that's not want I want out of new Pokemon game. I want battle to be present, but I also want them to bring back contests, Pokeathlon, put in showcases from the show, and make musicals a deeper mechanic more about building a dancing troupe of Pokemon. That's all I'm saying on this.
I doubt that will happen; however, I would certainly hope, given they spend virtually no time on actually changing anything, that they would at least refine and bring back lame features.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I possibly just ****ed up my grad applications.

Overlooked the fact that I needed to send my Associate Degree college transcript and I believe we're supposed to hear no later than April 15th. To make it worse, I JUST ordered the transcript and it says it will take 3 business days. *crossing fingers*

if I don't make it, it's a year delayed for grad school for me and a good amount of money wasted as well with transcripts and applications. Jesus, I need to pay more attention.

D

Deleted member

Pokemon doesn't need an overhaul on its battle system because it's perfect as it is. Change for the sake of change usually doesn't end well.

Also, unrelated but I think A Distant Demon A Distant Demon will like to see the new FGO Mystic Code coming out with the Fate/Zero event

Pokemon doesn't need an overhaul on its battle system because it's perfect as it is. Change for the sake of change usually doesn't end well.

Also, unrelated but I think A Distant Demon A Distant Demon will like to see the new FGO Mystic Code coming out with the Fate/Zero event
HEEEEEEEEEEELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was planning on starting FGO this summer but if this is a limited event I would download early. I need Suit Saber/Suit avatar
:061:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Not even sure why you would want to waste your time on someone as petty as that to be perfectly honest.
Because - well you are right but the main reason is because she was a friend that talked me out of stuff when I was depressed but then The president happend, she didnt like the fact I had a different "Im not going to panic" mentality and said I was toxic.

I thought it would be nice to give her a 2nd chance to prove she isnt a petty ***** but you are right about that

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Shovel Knight hits 2 million copies sold, 1 million on Nintendo platforms combined. Cool beans.
that’s pretty good. Now can we please get shovel knight in smash Sakurai?
Every time someone brings up how big Shovel Knight is, all I can think about is how Touhou is a media cash cow franchise that utterly dominates and is synonymous with the Japanese indie scene and yet even on a site as weeby as this one I never see any calls for Reimu for Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom