• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
IRL I'm this.
selfie.exe has stopped working

Reason: gotcha *****
So be thankful for what I am here.

Anyways, I'm gonna get going. Buh bye.

Morbi

Scavenger
Would you believe me if I said I'm a whole lot nicer irl? Because I'm too shy to actually call anyone out or even try to be a jerk.
I also, surprisingly, do not bother people with Etrian Odyssey every 5 minutes.

Speaking of which, I haven't really shilled it so-- *shot*

This is not directed to you in any way, but I've seen that exact comment way too much on the internet that I'm tired of hearing it.
There is good and evil, if you're gonna say they're made up things decided by made up laws then I need to remind everyone that everything in our society is made up, like language and arguing over fictional characters. Just because someone made it up doesn't make it any less valid.
Saying "good and evil are made up morals" is a bull**** excuse created by people who want to justify their ******* behaviour and generic movie villains who the writers want to make look Gray in the morality scale.
/Rant

Last year I called Joshua being a Tempest Trial reward and woke up at 4am to the best news regarding the game.

So now I'm gonna predict Summer Joshua who will finally make my wallet run dry.
Jk, we getting another Camilla and Canas still won't be in the game.

You mean Ephraim?
Nah, good and evil are actually subjective. For instance, and this is going to open up a can of worms, if murder is wrong, why is abortion not? What is the inherent difference that changes the action, morally? There really is not a difference and yet one is acceptable and the other is not. I am not stating my opinion on the matter, I am just pointing out an inconsistency which validates that perspective. One person might argue that abortion is pragmatic, another might believe the potential mother to be pure evil. It is opinion based and therefore subjective.

That’s not a ban though.
Yes it is. If you do not want people to be able to purchase an item until a certain age, that is what we call a ban, or restriction if you prefer that word.

D

Deleted member

Smash Bros. Switch is probably going to have tournaments, so there better be a no salt rule. :lol:
That is just me.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Smash Bros. Switch is probably going to have tournaments, so there better be a no salt rule. :lol:
It's impossible to prevent salt though, even if a rule establishes it.

We, as humans, can be very emotive, and sometimes we can't control those emotions.

Putting a "no salt" rule would be stupid when you consider this.

Playing splatoon 2 while watching DBZ. God im a slob. At least I worked out today. . .

Im finally getting around to the story mode after searing "this time will be different. I'll play from launch NOT after everyone stopped playing." And here I am not even having finished the story.

Gyro aiming is weird but im getting used to it. My charger shots are already way better with 0 practice.

Brella is like the perfect weapon.
-shotgun
-defensive/tactical options
-it's an umbrella as a weapon, which is like my favorite weapon even if it makes no sense.

Not sure how good it would be in multiplayer but meh. I can always fall back on my tried and true splatling.
:061:

D

Deleted member

We, as humans, can be very emotive, and sometimes we can't control those emotions.

I knew this, I should have said it better.
You can rage, it is just do not throw controllers or punch holes in the walls all over.

Morbi

Scavenger

It actually would not be a bad idea. You can be salty, just do not destroy property or jump around, or scream. Pretty self-explanatory.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

True, but

Smash Bros was like, half of a gamer rage compilation.

And it seems like every six months there's another sexual/domestic abuse scandal.

And they literally had to put up flyers at a fighting game convention telling people to shower, which I can anecdotally back up with the intense musk that was the Smash 3DS midnight release in my modestly sized flyover country local city.

Smash fans have . . .issues.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
This is the exact kind of reasoning why I'm leaving.

I make it clear I'm upset and tired of being treated in a rude manner and outside two of you. The rest of you proceed to joke about what I said as if I was actually serious and I'm the biggest idiot on the planet.

Like wow. Pumpakboo is right. Ya'll need some lessons in how to be a human being.

Edit: Goodbye to the decent ones. That's all I have to say.
Sorry to hear that your leaving Roger, about the time I get back too. Consider sticking around, man. More than a few of us will miss you. Best wishes to you in whatever you do though.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I knew this, I should have said it better.
You can rage, it is just do not throw controllers or punch holes in the walls all over.
It actually would not be a bad idea. You can be salty, just do not destroy property or jump around, or scream. Pretty self-explanatory.
Makes more sense.

Wouldn't stop it from happening, but you could punish if the rule is broken.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Playing splatoon 2 while watching DBZ. God im a slob. At least I worked out today. . .

Im finally getting around to the story mode after searing "this time will be different. I'll play from launch NOT after everyone stopped playing." And here I am not even having finished the story.

Gyro aiming is weird but im getting used to it. My charger shots are already way better with 0 practice.

-shotgun
-it's an umbrella as a weapon, which is like my favorite weapon even if it makes no sense.

Not sure how good it would be in multiplayer but meh. I can always fall back on my tried and true splatling.
Nah the slosher is the shotgun.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
-shotgun
-it's an umbrella as a weapon, which is like my favorite weapon even if it makes no sense..
Just don't open it atop a moving airship. :p

D

Deleted member

Nah, good and evil are actually subjective. For instance, and this is going to open up a can of worms, if murder is wrong, why is abortion not? What is the inherent difference that changes the action, morally? There really is not a difference and yet one is acceptable and the other is not. I am not stating my opinion on the matter, I am just pointing out an inconsistency which validates that perspective. One person might argue that abortion is pragmatic, another might believe the potential mother to be pure evil. It is opinion based and therefore subjective.

Yes it is. If you do not want people to be able to purchase an item until a certain age, that is what we call a ban, or restriction if you prefer that word.
See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. People will compare apples to oranges to distort reality.
Murder and abortion are two different words because they're two different things. You can't take one and use it to justify or deny the other.

Morbi

Scavenger
See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. People will compare apples to oranges to distort reality.
Murder and abortion are two different words because they're two different things. You can't take one and use it to justify or deny the other.
Ha ha ha... Killing something compared to killing something is not a direct comparison. That is so ironic. Okay, how about underage relationships? What is the difference between someone who is seventeen and half versus someone who is eighteen? About half a year, I suppose; however, they reached sexual maturity back when they were thirteen which was the time women were wed prior, under different circumstances.

Look, you believe what you want to believe, the reality is that it is subjective.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
My comedy differs irl since I can use physical manurisms and timing to make people laugh.

On here I just say some stupid **** and depend on people to not take it too seriously.

Ex. @ShinyLegendary is a doodoohead.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Has the increase in arguing over Smash Bros also increased tensions to the point of starting arguments over things typically lumped under the "politics" umbrella?

I guess I should be glad Gwen and Manly aren't on here right now, LOL.

Morbi

Scavenger
Has the increase in arguing over Smash Bros also increased tensions to the point of starting arguments over things typically lumped under the "politics" umbrella?

I guess I should be glad Gwen and Manly aren't on here right now, LOL.
I never really wanted to bring "politics" into it, those were just easy examples of how a society shapes our perceptions of good and evil. And as far as I am concerned, there is no debate. There is only one truth and we all know what it is even if we do not want to admit it.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I never really wanted to bring "politics" into it, those were just easy examples of how a society shapes our perceptions of good and evil. And as far as I am concerned, there is no debate. There is only one truth and we all know what it is even if we do not want to admit it.
That society has become overpopulated and we should begin systematic mass culling according to a priority system?

D

Deleted member

Ha ha ha... Killing something compared to killing something is not a direct comparison. That is so ironic. Okay, how about underage relationships? What is the difference between someone who is seventeen and half versus someone who is eighteen? About half a year, I suppose; however, they reached sexual maturity back when they were thirteen which was the time women were wed prior, under different circumstances.

Look, you believe what you want to believe, the reality is that it is subjective.
Ever heard of something called context? Because it's a thing that exists. Kiling someone on your willing intention is evil, killing someone in self-defense is not.

Also, what's actually subjective here is whether or not the fetus is alive. Because, guess what, that changes the whole context.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
That is a straw man if I ever saw one. Correct, that was totally what I was trying to say. Right on the money! :rolleyes:
I'm not even participating in this Roe v Wade spat, I'm just making cracks on the sidelines because I can.

H Sup.png

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm not even participating in this Roe v Wade spat, I'm just making cracks on the sidelines because I can.

View attachment 141065
Huh, you responded to me and implied that was the "truth" I was alluding to. I could care less, it was just unnecessary as far as I am concerned.

Ever heard of something called context? Because it's a thing that exists. Kiling someone on your willing intention is evil, killing someone in self-defense is not.

Also, what's actually subjective here is whether or not the fetus is alive. Because, guess what, that changes the whole context.
Precisely.

Well, not necessarily, the fetus is absolutely alive, I believe the parroted argument you were looking for was "what constitutes a person."

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Huh, you responded to me and implied that was the "truth" I was alluding to. I could care less, it was just unnecessary as far as I am concerned.

Precisely.

Well, not necessarily, the fetus is absolutely alive, I believe the parroted argument you were looking for was "what constitutes a person."
Unnecessary, yes, yes of course.

But this argument has been done countless thousands of times over the course of the internet, and scarce ever had a positive conclusion.

To participate in untested resolutions is a scientist's path. And so with curiosity I beep the boop.

D

Deleted member

Yo, what the ****? I already loved Dantes but I didn't know he had an even cooler Noble Phantasm than his first one.
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Attendre,_Espérer
God****ingdamnit I feel so bad for not having any Quartzes when he was avaible
Precisely.

You: "I'm not gonna argue about that now."
Also you: *does this*

I'm not gonna bother from here because it's clear you've derailed from my actual argument and that this won't go anywhere, I do not have the patience or time for that now when I just found more reasons to nerd over the Count.

Morbi

Scavenger
Unnecessary, yes, yes of course.

But this argument has been done countless thousands of times over the course of the internet, and scarce ever had a positive conclusion.

To participate in untested resolutions is a scientist's path. And so with curiosity I beep the boop.
That is what baffles me. Thousands of times and yet people still want to pretend that our current modern outlook on the question of good and evil is the only one. Crazy af.

Yo, what the ****? I already loved Dantes but I didn't know he had an even cooler Noble Phantasm than his first one.
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Attendre,_Espérer
God****ingdamnit I feel so bad for not having any Quartzes when he was avaible

You: "I'm not gonna argue about that now."
Also you: *does this*

I'm not gonna bother from here because it's clear you've derailed from my actual argument and that this won't go anywhere, I do not have the patience or time for that now when I just found more reasons to nerd over the Count.
I am not trying to argue about abortion, it was an example because you came in here ranting and raving. And I was like, "you are wrong and here is why" and then you just started trying to change the subject. Don't get it twisted, fam.

You are correct, it will not go anywhere. You are not going to convince me that good has an objectively agreed upon definition. There is just no way. And, to that end, I am guessing the same. Good is Carebear love and evil is vile because it is an anagram. I understand, it is what it is.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Can't believe I keep forgetting to ask this, but who's the character as your avatar? I've seen her around but I dunno which anime she's from.
This was already answered but its Yotsuba from... Yotsuba.

It's an amazing manga about a five year old living her life with her adoptive father. The quote I have under my avatar is actually the manga's motto.

It's an amazing and heartwarming comedy and is one of the few works I think really gets children.

A lot of children in fiction are made to be annoying and obnoxious, or absurdly innocent or too dumb to live. Yotsuba is none of those. She feels very real and reacts like a real five year old would. Add in some great older characters and you have a great manga and one I'd recommend every time.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Online me and real me aren't much different.

Sarcastic, irritable, bad at socializing, but decent ****posters.

Except you can't ****post in real life. Legally at least.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Online me and real me aren't much different.

Sarcastic, irritable, bad at socializing, but decent ****posters.

Except you can't ****post in real life.
You underestimate the true power of humanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom