• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Azama at the 392 spot in the poll... I expected total obscurity but it still smarts. :( None of my other favorites made it even close except Owain and to a lesser extent his daughter. Jakob, Python, Sonya in the triple digits. Ryoma just making it into the top 10 is a blessing though, hopefully FEH developers will be reminded that he exists.

The only CYL winner I particularly care for is Celica, who I'd expect to have a sword but I suppose it could be a tome again if they're sticking with one of each color and making Hector the red unit like a lot of people presume.

Ephraim would be nice to have, but I'd really just rather have Marth in his spot...

Veronica jumping up so high suddenly is pretty amazing, and I'm interested to see where they go with it, but personally I would have preferred a non-original character winning, even if it meant, yes, Camilla in the top four and getting yet another version.

Somewhat salty that Tharja came up just short of a legendary release last time and fell in popularity since then. Knew it wasn't going to happen during the update in the middle of the contest, but it stinks the window of opportunity seems gone. Maybe if she had been in FEW from the start, or recently had her DLC come out, things would've fared better.

Ivander

Smash Legend
For those curious about which of the highest voted aren't in FEHeroes yet...

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The thing about the CYL results this time around is that, past the top 10 or so characters who actually had a chance of winning, 11th to about 50th or so just reads like a wishlist of characters people want to see added to the game at all. So I don't think it's fair to read this as a list of characters in terms of their actual popularity. Like, I highly doubt Leif is actually the 20th most popular character in the entire series. Maybe in Japan alone, but not if you include western players.

Oh well, at least we get to avoid the horror of having Brave Camilla forced upon us. Though now I wonder if they'll do something similar to last time around, and extend the special designs to the top six characters because they've already done work on a Brave Camilla. I'd take it if it meant we got a Brave Marth, though. Otherwise, I'll probably just take the free Brave Celica and get out, since the other three don't interest me as much.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I saw the CYL2 Victors before coming back here. Celica, alongside Hector and Ephraim, is no surprise. But Veronica passing Camilla was genuinely a surprise. I thought it was going to be a race between Camilla and Eirika, but Veronica getting pass both is a genuine surprise. And I'm quite okay with it.
I mean, one of the reasons I wasn't exactly a fan of Eirika winning was the fact that if she won, there would've been little diversity among the series in the 2nd Brave picks. I know not alot of people are a fan of Camilla, but she at least felt like she was adding diversity among the series to the Top picks compared to if Eirika had won. Veronica winning keeps that diversity. And now I'm very curious at what her Brave form will look like.
Still nice to see Leif high. Now he's in 9th compared to 10th. And yeah, Marth was robbed because of the Voting Split. He wouldn't have beaten Hector, but he would've beaten Ephraim.

Also, some notables in the Top 100.
-All Beast Units from Fates besides Velouria are in the Top 20 of each respective poll. Panne is also the 26th Ranked Female.
-Fjorm is 21st on the Female Poll, with Sharena behind her in 22nd.
-Aversa is 23rd.
-Ishtar is 25th.
-Surtr is placed 62nd while Bruno is at 71st.
-Anna from Awakening is placed at 68th while her Heroes counterpart is placed 75th.
-Rinea is placed at 76th.
-Lilith from Fates is placed at 91st.
-Grima is placed at 93rd.
-Genny is 98th. For those who don't remember, Genny was just behind Reinhardt in the last CYL Poll. She was 585th.
-For those curious, Brigand Boss placed at 212.

Edit: I just noticed that Marth is pictured with the Winners.

It's like they know that if the Split wasn't there, Marth would've won.
please let this somehow mean Marth is getting a surprise brave version

Ivander

Smash Legend
please let this somehow mean Marth is getting a surprise brave version
IS: For this one occasion, since MArth is popular and could've won, we decided to extend the Brave Forms to include 3rd Place Winners so we can allow Marth to get a Brave Form.
Fans: YAY! They were nice to Marth! The Series' First Protagonist gets to finally shine.
IS: This also means Camilla will get a Brave version as well.
Fans: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Chrono.

Just saw the new Super summary spoilers.

Holy **** 17 is gonna last at least for the next 3 episodes. That's nuts.

From the looks of it, Vegeta is also not gonna go out any time soon. But he will hold back Toppo and possibly eliminate him in the next episode because after that it's Goku, 17 and Vegeta vs Jiren.

Frieza still ded btw. Unless he oulls some **** in the next episode, the previews don't mention him.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
IS: For this one occasion, since MArth is popular and could've won, we decided to extend the Brave Forms to include 3rd Place Winners so we can allow Marth to get a Brave Form.
Fans: YAY! They were nice to Marth! The Series' First Protagonist gets to finally shine.
Fans: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
IF that's the price we have to pay, I'll take it!

D

Deleted member

Fans:

Fixed.

Would it really matter if Camilla got a Brave variant at that point if Marth gets one too?
Hell, would it really matter if she got a Brave variant period? There was already a Darkhorse Victory in Veronica and getting Camilla's Brave variant out of the way means she won't be part of future CYLs.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Fixed.

Would it really matter if Camilla got a Brave variant at that point if Marth gets one too?
Hell, would it really matter if she got a Brave variant period? There was already a Darkhorse Victory in Veronica and getting Camilla's Brave variant out of the way means she won't be part of future CYLs.
People will complain. For one, it's people. You will always get a complaint of some kind. For two, many were ready for either alot of salt if Camilla won or alot of gloating if Eirika won. We fortunately didn't get either thanks to Veronica, but if they extended the Brave winners to 3rd place, that would mean Camilla gets a Brave form and Eirika doesn't. And it doesn't take academics or rocket science to know that People will complain.

Like, for some of us, it will not matter at all and some of us will glee at the fact that Camilla wouldn't be in future CYL polls. But there will be people unhappy if Camilla got a Brave form over Eirika, whether it'd be people groaning about Camilla getting favoured over Eirika or people screaming conspiracy and that the reason they were "nice" to Marth was because they already had a Brave Camilla prepared.
And as we all know, the unhappiest ones are often the loudest ones and what I posted will definitely consist of the unhappiest ones.

D

Deleted member

People will complain. For one, it's people. You will always get a complaint of some kind. For two, many were ready for either alot of salt if Camilla won or alot of gloating if Eirika won. We fortunately didn't get either thanks to Veronica, but if they extended the Brave winners to 3rd place, that would mean Camilla gets a Brave form and Eirika doesn't. And it doesn't take academics or rocket science to know that People will complain.

Like, for some of us, it will not matter at all and some of us will glee at the fact that Camilla wouldn't be in future CYL polls. But there will be people unhappy if Camilla got a Brave form over Eirika, whether it'd be people groaning about Camilla getting favoured over Eirika or people screaming conspiracy and that the reason they were "nice" to Marth was because they already had a Brave Camilla prepared.
And as we all know, the unhappiest ones are often the loudest ones and what I posted will definitely consist of the unhappiest ones.
I'd argue that the Tharja fans would have more right to complain in that scenario, considering they didn't extend it to 3rd Place for the previous CYL and the male 3rd Place last time got 1st this time while Tharja only got 10th this time.

But all this does is reaffirm that people in general are stupid and don't deserve to get anything. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My take-aways from the CYL results:

- Yay Celica got the second highest place, and highest place among the female characters. :D
- #JusticeForMarth #AltForAltea #Robbed
- Chrom is the highest ranking Awakening character with Lucina out of the way. I'll take that.
- Silque did well enough that she would likely be in the next SoV banner. Success!
- Caeda made the top 100 but was also a victim of vote splitting. But hey, Wing Sword.
- Frederick and Mae beat out Brigand Boss. All is right in the world.
- Minerva did well, all things considered. She's a great character so I am pleased.
- Shout out to Gerik at number 200.

- Virion and Merric didn't crack the top three hundred. This is an atrocity and I won't take it sitting down.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My take-always from the CYL results:

- Yay Celica got the second highest place, and highest place among the female characters. :D
- #JusticeForMarth #AltForAltea #Robbed
- Chrom is the highest ranking Awakening character with Lucina out of the way. I'll take that.
- Silque did well enough that she would likely be in the next SoV banner. Success!
- Caeda made the top 100 but was also a victim of vote splitting. But hey, Wing Sword.
- Frederick and Mae beat out Brigand Boss. All is right in the world.
- Minerva did well, all things considered. She's a great character so I am pleased.
- Shout out to Gerik at number 200.

- Virion and Merric didn't crack the top three hundred. This is an atrocity and I won't take it sitting down.
#JusticeForMarth :4marth:
Well the results were good for Anna fans, right?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Being sick isn't fun...

Protip: Don't ever get sick...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Okay, so I say **** it and decided to defeat Ganon. The shrines can wait for another day.

So... In short? The game was pretty good. I had a lot of fun., but should a future Zelda title be an open world RPG like this one? Well, I would hope they make major improvements on certain aspects, such as the weapon/armor systems. Especially weapons.

They got something really special here and I really hope they improve upon it. If they can make it better, they just might tear me away from OoT. :p
I imagine they’ll take what they learned from botw to make an even better Zelda.

D

Deleted member

It is February today already, oh my goodness.
The Time Master understands how getting old makes time feel faster.
In eleven days, it will be thirty years since Mario Brothers Three's release in America! I guarantee this will create nostaliga flashbacks for the forty-year-olds.

Edit: Swmap'd and Ninja'd. :001::4greninja:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
C L U T C H
L
U
T
C
H

You chose well! :4mòrag:

From the looks of it, Vegeta is also not gonna go out any time soon. But he will hold back Toppo and possibly eliminate him in the next episode because after that it's Goku, 17 and Vegeta vs Jiren.

Frieza still ded btw. Unless he oulls some **** in the next episode, the previews don't mention him.
The "Super" on this DB Series is for Super 17; the legit ***kicking, strategy-maker one.

If he wins and wishes for the boat instead of reviving the other Universes, It will be fine.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I was pretty sure the next mobile game after AC will be Zelda.

Perhaps it still will...but why announce the name of MarioKart mobile before Zelda's? I was hoping for a Kirby and a lesser series to appear next.

The 3DS continued support makes sense...but...please kill it off in 2019....

I'm sure many of those 3DS games would be fun and better on the Switch.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Hopefully The Gaming Historian's video on the history of Tetris comes out soon today.

Really looking forward to it.

Chrono.

Being sick isn't fun...

Protip: Don't ever get sick...
Too bad I'm already sick.

With MAD SKILLZ

Get well soon dude.
C L U T C H
L
U
T
C
H

The "Super" on this DB Series is for Super 17; the legit ***kicking, strategy-maker one.

If he wins and wishes for the boat instead of reviving the other Universes, It will be fine.
It's a surprise he's lasted this long.

Vegeta too, I remember how everyone thought he'd be eliminated by Frost, Hit, Ribrianne and Jiren the first time they fought. Now he's the one who's probably gonna be doing the squashing.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
For those curious about which of the highest voted aren't in FEHeroes yet...
You would think that the main protagonist of his own game would be in FEH by now lol.

That's what he gets for starring in Thracia 666.

D

Deleted member

C L U T C H
L
U
T
C
H

So Mythra won?
The time master approves of this.
Too bad I'm already sick.

With MAD SKILLZ

Get well soon dude.

It's a surprise he's lasted this long.

Vegeta too, I remember how everyone thought he'd be eliminated by Frost, Hit, Ribrianne and Jiren the first time they fought. Now he's the one who's probably gonna be doing the squashing.
Those are some epic skills that even impress the time master himself.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

17 lasting as long as he has is actually the hypest part of ToP.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You would think that the main protagonist of his own game would be in FEH by now lol.

That's what he gets for starring in Thracia 666.
It's sad because Leif is literally the only main series lord that isn't in yet. Hopefully they release a Thracia banner soon though with Leif, Nanna, and Finn.

Guess it's the result of being the worst selling game, but still. One year in and still no Leif.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's sad because Leif is literally the only main series lord that isn't in yet. Hopefully they release a Thracia banner soon though with Leif, Nanna, and Finn.

Guess it's the result of being the worst selling game, but still. One year in and still no Leif.
And to think there's this widespread rumor that he was going to be in Melee over :roymelee:.

Don't know how people still believe that.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Thracia 666.
Hm... I've never actually had the chance to play Tharcia 776. Is it considered the hardest Fire Emblem game ever? I do hear that the title of hardest Fire Emblem game would be around the likes of that, Binding Blade, Radiant Dawn and Fates Conquest.

Ivander

Smash Legend
And to think there's this widespread rumor that he was going to be in Melee over :roymelee:.

Don't know how people still believe that.
As far as I know, it's still an unconfirmed rumor. Besides that one NeoGaf user that also said that Wolf was considered for Melee and someone else saying that Chronobound from here also confirmed it in his research, no one has found the original source for that rumor yet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Downloading Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 on Switch right now. Going to take a while considering they're 20.9 GB in total.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Gonna apply for another college today, hope that isn't annoying

D

Deleted member

Who else has a ps4 and is ****ing pumped for Ni No Kuni 2?
Too bad I never use that thing anymore, I only have like two games on it.
Downloading Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 on Switch right now. Going to take a while considering they're 20.9 GB in total.
Geez that is a lot for two games. Well I hope you enjoy them!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Cell will make his debut in the next episode of Pokéman SM

D

Deleted member

Cell will make his debut in the next episode of Pokéman SM
Nice joke!
... Wait did that Buzzwole just straight up murder that Snorlax by sucking it's inside fluids ( blood )?
My goodness that looks dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom