• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I simply assumed it was the Monoeye because of two things
  1. It was created out of the souls of people who died, which is how Underworld mooks are created.
  2. It required more than one souls, something that was implied to be the case in one of the later chapters of Uprising.
Was I right? :3
TBH I was worried no one was going to get that, LOL.

Nailed it.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
D

Deleted member

I don't like the Yiga Clan Hideout.
I never completed the game myself, but I watched my siblings beat it. We have all the DLC.
Yiga Clan Hideout can be a bit difficult, but you have to be as humanly stealthy as possible. This is based off memory from watching.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I never completed the game myself, but I watched my siblings beat it. We have all the DLC.
Yiga Clan Hideout can be a bit difficult, but you have to be as humanly stealthy as possible. This is based off memory from watching.
Or you can try your best fighting them.

It's really, really hard, but not impossible.

Did it during Champion's Ballad.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well.

Once you figure out what to do its kind of easy.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Back from a fun weekend away where I had little time to be on my computer.

As for my thoughts on some recent developments, I'm kinda bummed Chrom lost to Lucina in the Voting Gauntlet after what looked like a pretty close battle (I remember how many times I went to play on the 2nd day and noticed there wasn't a multiplier in effect for either team). Anyway, I've hopped over to Team Kagero. I want to see her win.

As for Zeraora's official reveal, his official art looks great! Still looking forward to getting the Pokemon when it comes out!

Random question.

Anyone else here use music to feel emotions?

If so, got any go-tos?

Not an hour of need or anything, just popped in my head and now I'm genuinely curious.
If we're talking about the feels-kind of emotions, some of the tracks from the Professor Layton games come to mind. The ending themes are especially emotional. The two that stick out to me are Unwound Future's ending theme and Azran Legacy's ending theme (the original version for the latter isn't available on Youtube due to copyright, so the closest I could find was this cover that sounds very close to the original).

Not only are both sad on their own because of their melodies, but also because they perfectly the scenes that were going on when they played. The songs amplified the feels those endings deliver.

Azran Legacy's theme also hit me because at the time it first came out, it was Layton's last game before it went on that hiatus, so Surely Someday, the name of that ending theme, had an emotional conclusion-like feel. There's also the fact the song reminds me of graduation and how it's a time you part ways with good friends you bonded with over the past four years, but then you remember those strong relationships and understand you'll meet those friends again. It's just like the song's title: Surely Someday, we'll meet again!

Two other ending themes that also make me feel emotional are Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald's ending theme and Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum's ending theme. They both have a sweet yet sad tone that makes you feel nostalgic about your Pokemon journey.

Not video game related, but this particular Re:Zero track also gets me in the feels when I listen to it:

It's called "Wishing," and it is sung by Rem's Japanese voice actress. It is Rem's theme, and it plays during that famous scene.

Listening to this song for the first time, it sounds quite sad and powerful, doesn't it? Turn on the captions for the video to read the English translation of the lyrics that go with the song, and the song becomes twice as emotional. The song really conveys Rem's feelings, and it perfectly fits the scene to what was going on in that episode when it played.

Here's a new topic boys and girls.

On your romantic interest, do you prefer long or short hair?
I generally prefer long hair, but I do find myself liking short hair in some cases.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I wouldn't mind a Zelda spin-off centered around Sheik or Impa that was stealth based.
From what I heard it sounds more like Aonuma is going to try for a new IP.

I wasn't joking in my last post. He mentioned the same concept in like two different interviews.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I have now managed to finally finish my write-up on the Kingdom Hearts series. So here it is.

Kingdom Hearts is a series that, for a while, I had heard a decent bit about, but had never actually played. It had always seemed like a game that I would enjoy, but for whatever reason, I had never played the games, as I did not have a way of playing them. That changed when I got a PS4 and purchased the collections on the PS4.

To start off, this may seem obvious, but one of the highlights for the series to me is going to all of the different Disney worlds in the games. While I dislike that they’ve mostly become filler in the later games, they’ve still remained fun, and the ones in KH3 seem like they’ll be less filler-y.

It might sound weird to some, but one of my favorite parts of the series is the story. Sure, it does get pretty complicated at times, and you do kind of need to play every game in order to get the full story, but I still find the overall story and lore quite interesting. I also haven’t had much trouble understanding the story. Although, that may have to do with the fact that I was playing the Final Mix versions of the games(which come with some added cutscenes, as well as some other things), the order in which I played them, and the fact that I tend to go on the KH wiki and TV Tropes a lot.

Another thing that I enjoy about the series is the characters. I enjoy seeing the interactions that the characters have with each other, and my favorite characters would probably be Roxas, Riku, Axel/Lea, and Aqua. I also quite like the villains of the series as well. In addition to the existing Disney villains, I feel like the series has some quite interesting original villains as well, such as Xehanort and Organization XIII.

One aspect of the series that it would be difficult for me not to acknowledge is the soundtrack. The Kingdom Hearts series is one of Yoko Shimomura’s most recognized works, and for good reason. From intense battle themes like Darkness of the Unknown, Rage Awakened, and Dismiss, to the more calm themes like Dearly Beloved, Kairi’s theme, and Destiny’s Union, to the series main themes(which aren’t by Shimomura), Simple and Clean and Sanctuary, as well as their orchestrated versions, the soundtrack of the series is always awesome.

As for the overall gameplay of the series, I quite enjoy it. While some may criticize the combat for being very button-mashy(which I personally disagree with), I’ve found the battle systems of the series to be quite fun and they have a fair bit of depth to them. My favorite battle system is probably the one in Kingdom Hearts I (due to, in my opinion, being the most strategic out of all of them) or the one in Kingdom Hearts II (due to the amount of options with stuff like Drive Forms).

As for what my favorite game in the series is, if I had to pick one, it would be Kingdom Hearts I. The first game just feels so magical to me, and I personally like the level design the best, as well as having one of my favorite combat systems in the series. Although, Kingdom Hearts II is a very close second.

Overall, I loved playing through the series. I don’t think that the series is quite for everyone, but after playing through the series, it’s now become one of my favorite video game series, and I can’t wait for when Kingdom Hearts III releases.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Master Kohga was super easy.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Master Kohga was super easy.
It was the entire point of it. He's supposed to be a joke.

Monk Maz Koshia, on the other hand, is basically what a challenging Kohga fight should be, and it's hella fun!

Also, adding you as a friend because I can!

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I feel like that was kinda the point. All this build up of a Leauge of trained, bloodthirsty assassins hell-bent on serving Ganon lead by... A likely balding slightly-above-average weight goofball.

Unrelated but even years later it's crazy how they turned a character that I was adamantly against during the Smash 4 and Brawl days and turned him into one of my favorite characters to play in the series

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Am I the only one who was never caught at all? But than again, I had the Sheikah armor set powered up by the Great Fairies and wearing that armor practically makes you impossible to hear unless they see you directly or you are touching them.

@Shishœ Erureido Erureido The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn
Help! I am slowly being converted to Buster Crit teams! This is what happens when you get a Waver on the same account that has your fully ascended Lancelot and have a 2030 CE and a maxed out Maiden Leading Chaldea CE alongside your Support Jeanne/Quick character with a 2030 CE.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Unrelated but even years later it's crazy how they turned a character that I was adamantly against during the Smash 4 and Brawl days and turned him into one of my favorite characters to play in the series
Yeah BJ is crazy fun to play.

...Not exactly GOOD, but still super fun.

D

Deleted member

It's basically a more annoying, yet funnier version of the Guile's Theme meme.

As such, I expect it to not have that much power, but instead become a timeless meme that will always work.
I am talking about the Ed, Edd n Eddy voice meme.

Also despite being inactive, I still have all of my friends ( you users ) in the Nintendo Switch.
You all are great people. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Nintendo just had two big failures in a row (Wii U, new 3DS)
I don't really consider New 3DS a big failure for Nintendo ... Since it is an enhanced hardware for the original 3DS,whereas Wii U was a successor to the Wii....

In fact, the 3DS didn't even do that great at launch either and, aside from having good games, mainly managed to thrive as it did in the handheld department because the competition (PSVita) really sucked, so the Switch is really their first big launch since the Wii, which was over 10 years ago.
Well, the Wii was launched in a holiday season....

And I am nearly at the finish point of chapter 7 before I go to class....
And now I really really have seen why you want Malos in Smash @Malos ...
I almost expected Blade Nia to do a Omaewamoshindeiu on Malos....
Malos did say "Nani?" in Japanese version right? That will be funny.
And....
Get to a gate, can't open, climb, saw a 100 level super boss driver... Can't beat him with Blade Nia, use driver Nia instead and worked.. .. *sigh* hope I can defeat it with Blade Nia next time.

Malos is alive.... Sadly...
Pyra and Mythra .. .ow....their real objective ... Why must you hurt me this way. ..
And I saw the *third* Aegis, which yes.. I already seen her a bit before, but again didn't expected to see her at the end of chapter 7....and...this is where I got to go to class so.. I might not be able to focus on my class today lol....

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well, the Wii was launched in a holiday season....
The Switch wasn't and it's a huge success.

Then again, it had a Super Bowl trailer and Breath of the Wild...

Plus, the Wii U was also released in a holiday season and look how well it did.

The launch period was a reason the Wii did so well, but far from the only one.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
That billionaire playboy? Please - he's too busy going to board meetings and dating models to make a difference in Gotham. What's next, you'll tell me that Superman puts on glasses and disguises himself as an ordinary citizen just for the heck of it?
No, really Bruce Wayne is Batman, he has no night life.

Actually no, Superman doesn't do that, Superman is actually Lois Lane, see its cause no one would expect him to disguise himself as a woman.

Pffff, yeah right.

Everybody knows that Bruce Wayne is Batman.... 's roommate
No, that's Clark Kent.

I can't wait for everyone call this new Pokemone a shoo in for Smash Switch.
Zeraora for Smash :troll:

Too bad the Lugia isn't hinting at XD001.

I miss Shadow Pokémon :(
Ahhh, if only XD Gale of Darkness got a sequel, if only they didn't sequel bait us at the end...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Or you can try your best fighting them.

It's really, really hard, but not impossible.

Did it during Champion's Ballad.
yeah as did I. If you got at blocking and dodging and beat enough of them they all clear out of the place. It’s really hard during your first go of the place though

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh man, Gladion is mixing up his strategies

Instead of making his Zoroark illusion a normal pokemon weak against fighting, he illusioned a steel type pokemon weak against fighting

It's a good thing it's not weak against fighting as well...

Edit: Ironically, he also has a pokemon that's 4 times resistant to fighting

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Got some good responses. Gonna have to have a listen to that stuff in a bit.

For now, on the move, so quick related responses:

I usually block out the emotions with metal, so...

I dunno. :V
I'm currently the opposite.

I think recent overdoses of adulting and life have deadened my emotional center somewhat, and by default I kind of just don't feel. Music seems to kickstart things into working again.

The most deliberate use of that so far has been measures of depressing music for catharsis, although my mood seems to improve when anything's playing.

this one i listen to to feel impact and steadfast, like something bad just hit and i wanna keep on
Understand where you're coming from.

Epic music boldens me up too.

I used to be into classical music of all things as a kid.

After getting into video games, though, I'll listen to nearly any genre. . .except country.

Oddly I'm probably one of the few people who feels like popular music has gotten BETTER since I was a kid. The lyrics are still hot trash most of the time, but more tunes put work into actually being fascinating instead of just a drone going on in the background while someone sings "sex sex sex sex I had a breeeeeaaaaaakup sex sex sex."
Weirdly, a few years back, I would've agreed on this opinion, but...now my take is more mixed.

At least a chunk of pop seems to be lacking an emotional core to me. Doesn't necessarily make it less fun to listen to, but it can.

So it kind of sours me on trying to listen to it in the wild unless I know what I'm in for, just because there's a reasonable chance I won't get what I want out of it. But it's everywhere - named for a good reason, that genre - so slow exposure to it has brought up something between general tolerance and specific appreciation.

Country uses the same principles to get the opposite treatment. I also avoid it out in the wild, because I could mostly give a damn what someone's doing in their pickup this week, but I've no complaints against the musical structure per se, so if something has an appropriate emotional core I can still get behind it.

Exposure to country isn't as prevalent as pop but for a multitude of reasons it seems to follow me around anyway. Reason number one: even if I'm in Louisville, I'm still surrounded by Kentucky. And Indiana. Whole pile of mostly isolated rural areas, really.

For being a random question, I had to think hard to find one... Normally I don't use music to feel emotions, it just happens whenever I hear a song, meaning I don't go to that particular song specifically to feel those emotions. I mostly only listen to soundtracks, and whatever emotions I get are from what I was experiencing while listening to that song.
Randomly feeling stuff as I listen to music was basically how I pinpointed it as an effective method.

Later I just needed to feel stuff and the music still worked, so I ran with it.

Damn, music sure is powerful, isn't it?
Preach.

One non-music reply:

I literally had a dream about making two frame GIF edits of Kid Icarus images.

So I'm just like

OK, that's what I'll do today then.

View attachment 140939

It's nothing on the level of Red's pecs animation, it's just

View attachment 140940

OK this is so much better than my dream, though.
Genuinely like these.

Honestly, by way of comparison? My animation has almost entirely been between two and four frames long. I'm kind of a hack in that regard.

You really ain't far off mine, if I'm your point of comparison here. I just fiddle with the loop and add repetition. Regular pecs is all of three keyframes; eyebrows add three more. Most walking animations are a two-frame loop of a couple pixels up and a couple pixels down that I scoot a couple pixels over each frame. There's only a couple I have more complex than that - partly because GIMP is a pain in the ass to work with for animations and I can't usually be arsed.

Kind of want to see the first one with two rapid blinks and a long-held staring beat. It's absolutely fine as it is - timing's rather good on it honestly - I'm just curious to see how the modification would go down. I'll leave it to you if you'd like to give that a go.

upload_2018-4-8_21-28-41.png

That, I'll have to get to in a bit. Got a bit of adulting to do and I've been an hour typing up this.

Try not to burn the place down while I'm away.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Help! I am slowly being converted to Buster Crit teams! This is what happens when you get a Waver on the same account that has your fully ascended Lancelot and have a 2030 CE and a maxed out Maiden Leading Chaldea CE alongside your Support Jeanne/Quick character with a 2030 CE.
Don't feel bad for doing it, it's the game's fault for how laughably easy it is to produce C.Stars without any actual Quick cards. Like, Quick cards need an actual buff either to how many stars they produce(considering those NP and skills combined can actually reach +40 it wouldn't matter much) or their damage(a 90% base damage would already be enough).

Meanwhile, I'm just over here waiting for Kojirou's Strenghtening Quest so he can actually produce stars by himself(his 3rd skill is at Lv8 and it barely makes any difference, I really just use it for the Sure Hit effect now), 30 stars on a Quick Brave Chain with Gandr equipped is sad.
Just gove me Imaginary Around I already have Imaginary Element limit broken why is my luck like this?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Got some good responses. Gonna have to have a listen to that stuff in a bit.

For now, on the move, so quick related responses:

I'm currently the opposite.

I think recent overdoses of adulting and life have deadened my emotional center somewhat, and by default I kind of just don't feel. Music seems to kickstart things into working again.

The most deliberate use of that so far has been measures of depressing music for catharsis, although my mood seems to improve when anything's playing.

Understand where you're coming from.

Epic music boldens me up too.

Weirdly, a few years back, I would've agreed on this opinion, but...now my take is more mixed.

At least a chunk of pop seems to be lacking an emotional core to me. Doesn't necessarily make it less fun to listen to, but it can.

So it kind of sours me on trying to listen to it in the wild unless I know what I'm in for, just because there's a reasonable chance I won't get what I want out of it. But it's everywhere - named for a good reason, that genre - so slow exposure to it has brought up something between general tolerance and specific appreciation.

Country uses the same principles to get the opposite treatment. I also avoid it out in the wild, because I could mostly give a damn what someone's doing in their pickup this week, but I've no complaints against the musical structure per se, so if something has an appropriate emotional core I can still get behind it.

Exposure to country isn't as prevalent as pop but for a multitude of reasons it seems to follow me around anyway. Reason number one: even if I'm in Louisville, I'm still surrounded by Kentucky. And Indiana. Whole pile of mostly isolated rural areas, really.

Randomly feeling stuff as I listen to music was basically how I pinpointed it as an effective method.

Later I just needed to feel stuff and the music still worked, so I ran with it.

Preach.

One non-music reply:

Genuinely like these.

Honestly, by way of comparison? My animation has almost entirely been between two and four frames long. I'm kind of a hack in that regard.

You really ain't far off mine, if I'm your point of comparison here. I just fiddle with the loop and add repetition. Regular pecs is all of three keyframes; eyebrows add three more. Most walking animations are a two-frame loop of a couple pixels up and a couple pixels down that I scoot a couple pixels over each frame. There's only a couple I have more complex than that - partly because GIMP is a pain in the *** to work with for animations and I can't usually be arsed.

Kind of want to see the first one with two rapid blinks and a long-held staring beat. It's absolutely fine as it is - timing's rather good on it honestly - I'm just curious to see how the modification would go down. I'll leave it to you if you'd like to give that a go.

View attachment 140983

That, I'll have to get to in a bit. Got a bit of adulting to do and I've been an hour typing up this.

Try not to burn the place down while I'm away.
I actually did later make one that does have a double blink with a beat, just with a different expression:

Pit Blush Blinking.gif

I got experimental with the blink frame on that one, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom