• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Even after the Splatfest, I keep having cool moments!

This is literally me and a bunch of randos completely turning the tables of the match in the last 20 seconds!

My team didn't score a single point for the entire game and the other team already had nearly 60 points done.

We ended up scoring over 60 in less than 20 seconds and that's ****ing amazing!

Best game ever, honestly :p

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The Switch wasn't and it's a huge success.

Then again, it had a Super Bowl trailer and Breath of the Wild...

Plus, the Wii U was also released in a holiday season and look how well it did.

The launch period was a reason the Wii did so well, but far from the only one.
Yeah, that's actually what was I trying to say lol. Many companies tend to release their console on a holiday because it will usually have a "successful" launch. PS4 currently has the best launch ever, with 1 million sold within 24 hours right? But then again that's because it was launch on holiday. Switch not only had a killer app for launch but also consistent of releasing big games almost every month... Unlike the Wii U where it had game droughts after its launch...

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yeah, that's actually what was I trying to say lol. Many companies tend to release their console on a holiday because it will usually have a "successful" launch. PS4 currently has the best launch ever, with 1 million sold within 24 hours right? But then again that's because it was launch on holiday. Switch not only had a killer app for launch but also consistent of releasing big games almost every month... Unlike the Wii U where it had game droughts after its launch...
A holiday launch means nothing if you lack the marketing and a good launch lineup.

A successful launch is often not due to a single reason, but rather a combination of different reasons.

The Switch being the biggest Nintendo success since the Wii despite not being launched in the holiday season is the perfect example of that.

It had some good marketing, most of which being social media and mouth-to-mouth because everyone was hyped by the trailers, and had one of the most anticipated games in years as a launch title.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Guys, I got my Skell!

EDIT: I wrecked my Skell

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
A holiday launch means nothing if you lack the marketing and a good launch lineup.
To be more vague, launch lineups good or bad doesn't matter too much... It's the consistency of title release and marketing matters. Like you said, 3DS didn't had a good launch, but it still get though later down the line.

A successful launch is often not due to a single reason, but rather a combination of different reasons.
Indeed, but obviously a successful launch isn't enough and doesn't matter too many much in my opinion. Even though Switch have a successful launch, it's consistent of huge games that made the console sell like hot cakes even to this day. And also it's portable nature to some extent....

Also let's not forget how Switch was easily bashed during the launch days... Which some were worth concerning, but now you really can't say anything generally bad about the Switch minus lack of data backup...

The Switch being the biggest Nintendo success since the Wii despite not being launched in the holiday season is the perfect example of that.
Yeah, so I was also trying to say Switch had a better launch than the Wii... Even though I aware this is technically not true...

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
To be more vague, launch lineups good or bad doesn't matter too much... It's the consistency of title release and marketing matters. Like you said, 3DS didn't had a good launch, but it still get though later down the line.
Yes, but getting some good games early on means the consoles witll sell.

If the consoles sell, there's going to be a large audience of players to seel more games to.

And that's how third-parties know a console is worth supporting.

Indeed, but obviously a successful launch isn't enough and doesn't matter too many much in my opinion. Even though Switch have a successful launch, it's consistent of huge games that made the console sell like hot cakes even to this day. And also it's portable nature to some extent....
Yes, and the consistency is greatly helped by third-parties, and most of them need that really good first impression to feel safe backing a console.

The way I see it, what happened to the 3DS was basically a miracle.

Yeah, so I was also trying to say Switch had a better launch than the Wii... Even though I aware this is technically not true...
It is in North America, actually. Japan too, iirc.

Not sure about other places though.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh man, Molayne's Dugtio had the best strategy

Dugtrio used Sucker Punch

So, I used Leech Seed. No effect from Sucker Punch

Used X-Special Attack

Dugtrio used Sucker Punch. No effect

Used X-Defense

Etc. Etc.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
And that's how third-parties know a console is worth supporting.
Third party support is something that many cosider to be the huge reason why Wii U didn't sell well... It obviously didn't have western third party support but you have to aware that Japanese third party didn't support Wii U either...

3ds on the other hand has Japanese third party support,and some of indies.

Yes, and the consistency is greatly helped by third-parties, and most of them need that really good first impression to feel safe backing a console.

The way I see it, what happened to the 3DS was basically a miracle.
Sorry, in my opinion, third party support is a while other issue to discuss...

And... Not really? Lol
Saying 3DS was a miracle is an understatement in my opinion... Since Nintendo handheld tend to sell well..

Beside the 3D effect gimmick at launch, price drop, release of their huge first party IP games like Mario 3D land and Orcarina of Time 3D that drive the sales, and how can we forget Fire Emblem Awakening and Animal Crossing New Leaf?
And Pokémon XY is nuff said lol.

D

Deleted member

Everyone, may I please have a moment of your attention

This will be all

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
tfw you keep a Turf War mentality on Ranked and start inking everywhere -_-
Well my brother said, this is a strategy to build up your special ..
Yeah. . being a BLADE means being responsible. Lost your skell and you pay. . .literally.
:061:
Is losing or damaging your skells can be replace for free once? I kind of forgot.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Everyone, may I please have a moment of your attention

This will be all
Should this be surprised? Momo and Jiro has always been best buds lol.
Just like how Kamina and Mineta often paired up as the pervert lol.

Edit:
I also like how episode one handles the flashback/recaps.
My favorite part is how Iida talks about how he doesn't give a damn about Izuku to best buddies...
To be fair, I didn't like Iida at first, but as we all know every character in class 1-A are awesome. This is why I love MHA.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Third party support is something that many cosider to be the huge reason why Wii U didn't sell well... It obviously didn't have western third party support but you have to aware that Japanese third party didn't support Wii U either...

3ds on the other hand has Japanese third party support,and some of indies.
The lack of third-party support is a big reason, but not the only one.

The horrible marketing and the fact that it followed the same naming convention as the Wii accessories led to many casuals believing that this was a $300 controller, not a new console. The reveal trailer didn't help either.

Sorry, in my opinion, third party support is a while other issue to discuss...

And... Not really? Lol
Saying 3DS was a miracle is an understatement in my opinion... Since Nintendo handheld tend to sell well..

Beside the 3D effect gimmick at launch, price drop, release of their huge first party IP games like Mario 3D land and Orcarina of Time 3D that drive the sales, and how can we forget Fire Emblem Awakening and Animal Crossing New Leaf?
And Pokémon XY is nuff said lol.
Except that, outside of 3D Land, none of the games you mentionned were released in the first year of the 3DS.

Were it not for games like Mario Kart 7 and 3D Land a few months after its launch, the 3DS wouldn't have gone from flop to success.

Well my brother said, this is a strategy to build up your special ..
Heh, pretty clever, actually.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yeah. . being a BLADE means being responsible. Lost your skell and you pay. . .literally.
:061:

I think hitting "Perfect" when the boi broke saved me from burning an insurance... still, I reloaded from my last save :V

Time to sequence break at Noctilum.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The horrible marketing and the fact that it followed the same naming convention as the Wii accessories led to many casuals believing that this was a $300 controller, not a new console. The reveal trailer didn't help either.
Yeah, I remember I commented on Nintendo Prime's video "Why Wii U failed and Nintendo Switch is succeeding" I mention the name itself was a huge flaw (and to my surprise it got a lot of likes and discussion, hell I think it was the most liked comment on that video) , and next has to be the marketing... If your console name is confusing in the first place then you will have a hard time trying to convince you nice people to buy it...

Except that, outside of 3D Land, none of the games you mentionned were released in the first year of the 3DS.

Were it not for games like Mario Kart 7 and 3D Land a few months after its launch, the 3DS wouldn't have gone from flop to success.
Oh yeah, Can not believe I forgot Mario Kart 7,the first 3ds game I bought lol.
So yeah, that is not a miracle, and whether you agree or disagree, first party games are also the factor of why people buy Nintendo consoles. Wii U had many great first party games, but they were overly spread out, and you also have many disappointing filler titles that just make people mad lol.
Heh, pretty clever, actually.
More often than not it doesn't work. Lol

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
"Best buds"
They're girlfriends and I'll fight to the death anyone who says otherwise.
That can work too...
I mean you have some cute fanarts of Momo and Jiro showing love to each other..

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Me: DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT, COWBOY.

Brain: OH YEAH? TOUGH GUY??

*pushes thousands of thoughts into head at once as I'm going to sleep*
"Best buds"
They're girlfriends and I'll fight to the death anyone who says otherwise.
They look cute together so I'll give it a pass.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Oh yeah, Can not believe I forgot Mario Kart 7,the first 3ds game I bought lol.
So yeah, that is not a miracle, and whether you agree or disagree, first party games are also the factor of why people buy Nintendo consoles. Wii U had many great first party games, but they were overly spread out, and you also have many disappointing filler titles that just make people mad lol.
First-party games do matter, yeah. It's the reason why the Wii U managed to stay alive as long as it did, actually.

But the big reason why third-parties are so important is because there's going to be time between those first-party releases, and having some third-prties released during those times helps keep momentum.

D

Deleted member

Good night.
Also back to School.
I love you users, you guys are too much fun for me.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
First-party games do matter, yeah. It's the reason why the Wii U managed to stay alive as long as it did, actually.

But the big reason why third-parties are so important is because there's going to be time between those first-party releases, and having some third-prties released during those times helps keep momentum.
That's why I mention third party support is a whole other thing to discuss.
Wii U not only lacks AAA third party games after launch, but also the indie games... Switch now has AAA third party support but it didn't have that much in the first year with Mario + Rabbids, NBA 2K 18,FIFA 18, and DOOM. .. But as for now the best selling third party game on Switch is Mario + Rabbids ... Third party support isn't that critical as it seems when it comes to Nintendo Switch,for now.

Indie games were the first best that helped the sales to some extent. As to the see how many indie games sell well or even better on Nintendo Switch.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Catching up with WWE Castlevania 34

-ASUKA ****ING LOST?
-TAKER ACTUALLY CAME AND SQUASHED CENA?
-RONDA WAS PRETTY GOOD?
-THE CURBSTOMP IS BACK?

I'LL DESTROY MY PANTS IF BROCK BEATS ROMAN, DAMMIT

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
That's why I mention third party support is a whole other thing to discuss.
Wii U not only lacks AAA third party games after launch, but also the indie games... Switch now has AAA third party support but it didn't have that much in the first year with Mario + Rabbids, NBA 2K 18,FIFA 18, and DOOM. .. But as for now the best selling third party game on Switch is Mario + Rabbids ... Third party support isn't that critical as it seems when it comes to Nintendo Switch,for now.

Indie games also helped the sales to some extent.
They still help maintain a momentum.

They're typically not gonna be the reason why you buy a console, but they can help.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
They still help maintain a momentum.

They're typically not gonna be the reason why you buy a console, but they can help.
Also what I mention a bit. The Nintendo Switch concept itself is the selling point. The fact that you can bring AAA console games not only on TV on the go is every gamers dream. And a hybrid console that doesn't have long loading times, huge consumption of electricity, always hooked to the wall... Is why many will buy Nintendo Switch.

From my experience of playing mg Switch...
Since my sis bought herself a Nintendo Switch. Since it can be both home console and portable, there is no need of fighting over the TV/monitor anymore, if my brother wants to use his second PC monitor while I was playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I can just take out my Switch and play it elsewhere.

Or if I have to go shopping or run some errands with my mom, I can just take my Switch....

If I have to go to the theater and watch Avengers: The Infinity War, I can just take my Switch and play it on the way.

This reminds me how we used to take our GameCube on our road trip, since it was small. Gamecube and its lines and stuff can easily be stored in a backpack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom