• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I have a question, what was the main reason Gravity Falls ended? The way it was moved into another Disney channel which killed it?

Also..
Instead of the Kirby of Disappointment, if you all continue these ships, I am going to bring the.......

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Just a random question.

Who is the most iconic main character of Final Fantasy after Cloud?

Because all I can think of is potentially Yuna. She was pretty big and everywhere.

Lightning is also up there, but that's mainly because Square promoted the **** out of her and she had three games.
It’s definitely Lightning. Noctis is definitely on the verge f being 3rd most iconic.

I have a question, what was the main reason Gravity Falls ended? The way it was moved into another Disney channel which killed it?

Also..
Instead of the Kirby of Disappointment, if you all continue these ships, I am going to bring the.......
It ended cause the guy that did it wanted it to.

Last edited by a moderator:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Just a random question.

Who is the most iconic main character of Final Fantasy after Cloud?

Because all I can think of is potentially Yuna. She was pretty big and everywhere.

Lightning is also up there, but that's mainly because Square promoted the **** out of her and she had three games.
Other than Yuna, Terra's pretty big. Only one I can think of that would be Cloud-level iconic.

Black Mage seems to be next. Tidus and White Mage might be just behind.

Lightning and Noctis seem to be about the same level - former mostly from push, latter mostly from recent notability.

After that you can shuffle most of the remaining cast of Dissidia in with Vivi and call it a day.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
you seem stuttery~ everything okay with a little fuuuuun and gaaaames~ :upsidedown:
its not after all you'll lose your head over all these names floating about~

:troll:
R-Right...
:troll:
I need yandere protection.

Disney actually seems to care a bit less about censorship in their television shows lately. Gravity Falls did get away with a lot, and the censors seem to have just....given up at some point in Season 2.

I know Star vs. has gotten away with quite a lot, too. Maybe Gravity Falls managed to pave the way to allow this kind of stuff more freedom. :p
With all the stuff GF got away with while still retaining a family-friendly rating, I think Disney realized today's kids aren't wimps and can take a little unsettlement :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So many FF's have come out since I was interested in the series. I only know of Lighting because how bad the game apparently was and I have no idea who Noctis is

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Good thing you specified cause that would have been weird. lol
Yeah no creepiness intended lol. I'm not under your bed no worries.

But I, Dark Ura on the other hand am very much watching you! Mwhahahahahaha! :evil:
Yuna blew up because Tidus was also polarizing to the core fans. She's as equal important to X as she is to X-2. Plus she's a complex character because of her being focused on in two games.

Terra and Squall are pretty popular but I don't know if they reached the heights of Cloud. And I say that as someone who adores Terra and her game. I think Squall was helped by being Leon in Kingdom Hearts.

Sephiroth is probably the series most iconic villain for sure.

People have taken to Noctis a bit and he's not as pushed as Lightning was to get there.
It's the same group of people who don't appreciate Tidus' story arc and how he basically accepted his own fate of becoming non-existent if it meant Spira's survival. Taking X-2 in to account then yeah Yuna is the bigger character.

Their not on Cloud's level but their a step or two below him.

Sephiroth is mostly iconic because of 1) The Nibelhiem Incident that's been portrayed like 4 different times in the FF7 lore and 2) Aerith's death.

I forgot to mention Noctis. He might be a standout character in the future. He is in Tekken already.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
While on Final Fantasy I just want to say the thing that kills me most of anyone.

Fans who hate X-2.

Have a little damn fun.

Like it even exists to fix how sad the ending of X was and I don't know how many fans hate it because it's just so vibrant and playful.

It's Charlie's Angels: Final Fantasy Edition and god damn it I love it.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Disney wanted a Season 3.

Alex Hirsch, the show's writer, didn't want that because he had a story to tell and, now that the story was over, the book could be closed.

Basically, he wanted to avoid what caused many shows to go bad; longevity.

Simpsons aren't as good as before, Spongebob isn't as good as before, Family Guy was never good to begin with but was better in its early days, etc.

There are exceptions to that though, like Futurama. But I don't think Hirsch wanted to take that chance.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Actually......the creator of the show wanted it to end on a high note precisely when it did from the get-go.

He wanted it to be a story that a had a beginning, a mid-point, and an ending. And the timing of the two seasons just worked out perfectly for that plan.

Along with that, he also made note of how many other shows tend to lose their quality as they get dragged out over numerous seasons (Fairly Odd Parents and Spongebob come to mind). He wanted to ensure Gravity Falls never went down that road, too.

With all the stuff GF got away with while still retaining a family-friendly rating, I think Disney realized today's kids aren't wimps and can take a little unsettlement :p
That's what I'm assuming, too, haha.

"Ah, it's just gonna be another "goofy" episode filled with "silly jokes for kids"."

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah no creepiness intended lol. I'm not under your bed no worries.

But I, Dark Ura on the other hand am very much watching you! Mwhahahahahaha! :evil:
If you are watching me “Dark Ura” I’ll be the one laughing after I punch you in the throa. ;)

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~

Katt is your real name? Huh... it's quite a nice name in my opinion. The truth of the matter either way is that I could of sworn I remember seeing Katt as your previous username on here. Regardless, I guess I just like Cats in general that I knew it was your real name all along. Or it was something else; you never know. :p
well real name as in its what everyone really calls me, my real name on birth is Katherine, though when i was like a toddler at age 3 or so konnie and mom shared stories on how she wanted me to be her little kitty katt and dressed me up as a cat a lot and and spread that name everywhere kitty katt where it pretty much stuck in months according to konnie, then later irony hit like a ***** when everyone found out i was actually allergic to cats getting some bad allergies from ther hair, but despite it the name stuck so as far as i can remember everyones just called me katt and it just goes on

Is Terra VERY popular in Japan or something? Because I've honestly met a ton of people who haven't even played her game.

I don't know how many Lightning fans were all ''She's the first female lead though" and I'm like ''Nah, Terra and Yuna both have her beat."
i believe so from what i read before, from i can tell on Japanese opinion they liked the main characters but the only one they hate is kefka cause the original version of him is the exact opposite of the NA version of him, making him a much less likable character

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
While on Final Fantasy I just want to say the thing that kills me most of anyone.

Fans who hate X-2.

Have a little damn fun.

Like it even exists to fix how sad the ending of X was and I don't know how many fans hate it because it's just so vibrant and playful.

I liked X-2 because it had the job system

It's not like X was any better with Titus

D

Deleted member

Disney wanted a Season 3.

Alex Hirsch, the show's writer, didn't want that because he had a story to tell and, now that the story was over, the book could be closed.

Basically, he wanted to avoid what caused many shows to go bad; longevity.

Simpsons aren't as good as before, Spongebob isn't as good as before, Family Guy was never good to begin with but was better in its early days, etc.

There are exceptions to that though, like Futurama. But I don't think Hirsch wanted to take that chance.
It is good Alex Hirsch made that move.

Spongebob should of ended after the movie to keep ratings strong. Look how Spongebob turned out. Seasons 6-8 were horrible. Spongebob has gotten better lately, but it will never feel the same good effect as seasons 1-3 did.

I hate Family Guy even if it is early or late. I heard late is worse though.

I am amazed how the Simpsons are still alive. They were powerful in the early days, but they are dying and losing quality. I do not know why they want to keep Simpsons alive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Fans who hate X-2.

Have a little damn fun.

I am one of those people and I have good reason to not like it.

It cheapened the emotional value of FFX with it's Hollywood esque BS ending. The ultimate sacrifice Tidus made at the end was thrown away to make a dumb, lame spinoff of the game. Everything about it is just so lame compared to X.
If you are watching me “Dark Ura” I’ll be the one laughing after I punch you in the throa. ;)
You tell that jerk!

Well see about that puny one...heh heh heh

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Fans who hate X-2.

Have a little damn fun.

Wasn't there a canon comic or manga or something set after X2 where Tidus gets his head blown up by a rigged Blitzball?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I am amazed how the Simpsons are still alive. They were powerful in the early days, but they are dying and losing quality. I do not know why they want to keep Simpsons alive.
Especially when the other Matt Groening show, Futurama, was so damn amazing!

Like, holy ****! That show is fun to watch and rewatch!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wasn't there a canon comic or manga or something set after X2 where Tidus gets his head blown up by a rigged Blitzball?
I want to pretend that never happened.

The more Square Enix tampers with the FFX lore the more they continue to suck the life out of it. I just want them to leave X alone forever. This is coming from someone who once wanted an FFX-3.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
well real name as in its what everyone really calls me, my real name on birth is Katherine, though when i was like a toddler at age 3 or so konnie and mom shared stories on how she wanted me to be her little kitty katt and dressed me up as a cat a lot and and spread that name everywhere kitty katt where it pretty much stuck in months according to konnie, then later irony hit like a ***** when everyone found out i was actually allergic to cats getting some bad allergies from ther hair, but despite it the name stuck so as far as i can remember everyones just called me katt and it just goes on
I gotta say... that's quite the interesting backstory there, especially with that twist at the end. You were allergic to cats this whole time and it remained a mystery until way later on in your life. It makes me wonder if I'm allergic to them in some form due to getting small itchy red spots on my face every now and then. Regardless, perhaps Kattherine should be your true username after this story? :o

Then again, Katt is easier to say, so I might just stick with that. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Especially when the other Matt Groening show, Futurama, was so damn amazing!

Like, holy ****! That show is fun to watch and rewatch!
Ooo.... The Internet loves Futurama and I do know people who watch it.
Why was it cancelled?
Actually......the creator of the show wanted it to end on a high note precisely when it did from the get-go.

He wanted it to be a story that a had a beginning, a mid-point, and an ending. And the timing of the two seasons just worked out perfectly for that plan.

Along with that, he also made note of how many other shows tend to lose their quality as they get dragged out over numerous seasons (Fairly Odd Parents and Spongebob come to mind). He wanted to ensure Gravity Falls never went down that road, too.
Oh Fairy Odd Parents.
I never liked the Fairy Odd Parents even in its early days, but at least the early days were decent.
Thank goodness they decided to mercy kill the Fairy Odd Parents, because it was getting horrible with all of the unnecessary characters.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I want to pretend that never happened.

The more Square Enix tampers with the FFX lore the more they continue to suck the life out of it. I just want them to leave X alone forever. This is coming from someone who once wanted an FFX-3.
Well it's hard to have an X-3 when the protagonist's mind is

elsewhere. :troll:

But seriously I've never even played FFX and I cringed internally when hearing about that manga.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

I gotta say... that's quite the interesting backstory there, especially with that twist at the end. You were allergic to cats this whole time and it remained a mystery until way later on in your life. It makes me wonder if I'm allergic to them in some form due to getting small itchy red spots on my face every now and then. Regardless, perhaps Kattherine should be your true username after this story? :o

Then again, Katt is easier to say, so I might just stick with that. :p
Did it for the past three years, so yeah, Katt sounds better :p

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Doing a John Cena and killing with it is the most satisfying thing in this game though.

Especially if you kill 3 or 4 people at once.
I haven't splat 3 as if yet... Even 2 is considered a luck...
And also if your team isn't doing a lot of coverage.....you Splats sometimes means nothing... Which happen a lot to me....

So @Final Smash Gamer @Apollo Justice @DarkAura64/Fenrir Mythra Mythra
I finally resonate Theory and reach to the end of Spirit of Crucible Eplys. .. And
with Theory was also interesting, so base on this heart to Heart was this game default Theory having the same driver with Praxis? That doesn't sound good....
And like I said, Blades memories will wipe out bit their characteristics will remain so Theory even though still being cold, she doesn't remember Praxis or even care about her much anymore...
And yes Rex, they are basically sisters...
@Malos
Eh... Malos, you are pretty much a *** in chapter 7,nah,just kidding. This is where things gets really interesting now.
And yes, I have already saw that scene where technically for those who watch any Xenoblade Chronicles 2 play though or even fanart.... This is the one where you basically will get spoiled already.... And yes even though this had already been teased since chapter 6 I am still bumped on why many Youtubers won't cover this up.... Is it that hard?
This is again chapter 7 spoiler, so look out...
Yep yep yep, Nia is a Blade.... A very good looking Blade ... Like every female blades...
Even though I had know it already, I aware this has been teased ever since chapter 6...but still... Glad that I never bother to look at her Blade form that makes me change.... So I didn't realize she was a Katana healer Blade... But sadly she's water I already have Praxis and Gorg.... I might have to change this a bit...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
From what it says online he gets better after that

He recovers from having his head blown off

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really hope we get some Smash Bros. Switch information.
I am dying for even small information.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If it helps. All major sidequests can also be found on the board sometimes.

Also, you're going to face some massive jumps in difficulty so I'd do more sidequests to level up.

I believe you meet H.B. on the main BLADE street but I'm not entirely sure.

Oh.

Seems you already know a lot about this game.

How much do you know?
Doing the social quests has been fun actually, Im getting Pizza for a Man-on lol

My bro (owner of the Wii U and game Im using) told me to grind to Lv. 40 because "everything will butt**** me in later chapters" if Im not prepared, so yeah, Im killing all the wildlife I can while exploring. :p

I know the entire main storyline, so hit me with any spoiler if you wanna give me advice or something.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I really hope we get some Smash Bros. Switch information.
I am dying for even small information.
Welcome to the desert sands, my child.

Be glad you have but a handful of months to wander. During the Smash 4 era poor souls had years to be lost.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Oh Fairy Odd Parents.
I never liked the Fairy Odd Parents even in its early days, but at least the early days were decent.
Thank goodness they decided to mercy kill the Fairy Odd Parents, because it was getting horrible with all of the unnecessary characters.
Looking back, I do still really like FoP's earlier days, but I would've much preferred if they kept some of the characterizations from the show's old pilots. Cosmo being flanderized into a total idiot might not have been their best decision in hindsight.

It's still not actually confirmed if the show's over, as much as I hate to say it. Nick's gonna have to come out and say something about the show's status sooner or later, though. It's only a matter of time.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I am one of those people and I have good reason to not like it.

It cheapened the emotional value of FFX with it's Hollywood esque BS ending. The ultimate sacrifice Tidus made at the end was thrown away to make a dumb, lame spinoff of the game. Everything about it is just so lame compared to X.

You tell that jerk!

Well see about that puny one...heh heh heh
Puny one? lol

..You’ve got a big surprise coming your way.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

But seriously I've never even played FFX and I cringed internally when hearing about that manga.
FFX is a great game that was ruined by all the material that came after it.

Like I wished after X they just left that story arc over with. It's rare to come across stories with bittersweet endings executed as well as FFX. As a child that ending literally made me tear up lol.

That being said I won't lie there were some things about X-2 I liked. Like the whole Zanarkand/Beville war the story mentioned and the 3 characters they introduced (Nooj, Baralai, and Gippal) that were infinitely more interesting and less pretentious than Yuna/Rikku/Paine.

D

Deleted member

I don't remember, honestly...

Probably budget reasons or FOX being *****... or both.
I looked it up. The Fox executives never liked it and cut off support I heard.
I already know that it was revived and cancelled a second time a while ago.
How it was cancelled again was once again was probably because the whole team was done, IDK...

Alright time for some ****ing Xenoblade writing.
Like all of my "reviews" this is ****. Split into a spoiler and non-spoiler section.

Music for reading
https://youtu.be/LpyDKYxKnSM
Thumbnail has a spoiler. Cant find one that doesnt :/
  • Holy **** this game was great. XCX was my most hyped game in a long time because it was a sequel to my second favorite game ever. I felt the same way pre-release ESPECIALLY after the talk of more story focus. And this did NOT dissappoint. This is basically my big switch game right now.
  • Nia> Fourth> Fifth > Rex > Tora.
  • In the time it took me to right this I switched Nia and fourth. They are both so good but Nia has such a fun personality. I pretty much loved every line she had. She is so great.
  • Loved the game's music. I think XC1 had way better battle music, but I think this one had more battle songs to keep up variety and some great field music. Was a really big fan of Argentum and Torigoth.
  • Battle system changes were weird but I grew on them.
    • Blade Combos basically make up for the generally higher health of enemies. Although early game they feel a bit awkward when you might not have great variety
    • The new chain attacks are SUPER SATISFYING once you master them and blade combos. Having your chain attack length be determined by setup and not luck is neat. I think they are too strong (1000% multiplier is really easy to get goddamn) but I cant really get too mad because it's super satisfying getting a great setup and obliterating a Tyrant
    • the break->topple-launch->smash system was a nice new feature. Like it more than break->topple->daze. Although I think it's a bit weird it basically isnt available for a while since launch and smash arent freebies until a decent portion of the game
    • reduced mobility and the 3 hit combo feel super weird. Not a fan of the reduced mobility, but 3 hit combo and auto-cancelling are pretty satisfying.
    • Blade swapping leads to some crazy stuff late game. Swapping through all 3 different blades using every single move feels awesome. But early game it's just awkward.
  • Healing is probably the biggest change from XC1. And frankly I think this was one of my bigger problems in the game. Moving most in-game healing to potions that drop from certain attacks is super weird. But that ALSO came with a change to reduce your movement speed DRAMATICALLY. So sometimes getting a small heal (which is your only heal for a part of the game) means running across half the battlefield and it's a bit TOO punishing when all of your resources are dependent on always attacking. . .which you cant do while running anymore. And more importantly, it makes fights over ledges and water dumb. Because potions will just vanish. So if you arent over leveled or dont have another way of fighting you're ****ed. There were certain fights I just could not win because I couldnt heal. Thankfully, none were required.
  • AI being really ****ing stupid continues in 2. Sometimes at low health they would change from healer or tank to attacker for . . .no real reason. The fact that they prioritize blade combos over all else is weird and they occasionally have trouble dealing with healing. And then those two things combine. At low health but a blade combo says you need to use the your attacker blade? they'll be fine. *proceed to die because they arent healing* WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED. This pretty much led me to giving everyone their role multiplied by 3 except who I was controlling. Attackers get all attack blades, healers all healers, tanks all tanks. That way they cant make a mistake like that. This also unfortunately meant that I couldnt really use the game's gimmick of mixing and matching blades sine it was all one type. . .at leas there was variety in blades, but all the same function.
  • Sidequests were pretty cool. There were some boring ones but I enjoyed the majority. Not a lot of "Go find X items out in *insert gigantic space with no exact location here*. Well. One or two but there were usually hints. Nothing like XCX where they would say to kill a certain enemy in a region but only like two in the entire game drop the damn thing. XC1 might have had that too for all I remember but I dont remember. Plus that one mostly had some bland sidequests anyway lol
  • If Tora could stop being a pervert that would be great.
  • Not a fan of the Core crystal system. And I wound up with a lot of blades I liked. Like KOS-MOS or Boreas or Adenine. Yeah I got a few I didn't like (my second blade was azami and my last was Dahlila lol). But holy **** is it an RNG fiesta. So much of it is just straight up luck. And that luck DRAMATICALLY affects the game. Without certain blades there are certain things you cant do. And some of it is required. I got really lucky with my blades in that regard but others. . .
  • The fact you need rare items to change owners only makes things worse. In my playthrough Rex literally only got healer blades. He ended the game with I think 5 different healer blades and nothing else. If not for overdrives he was ****ed. In fact, in the whole game, only 2 blades matched the role who they were used for. 4th got Perceval and Nia got Kora. Everything else was an awkward mismatch. If not for overdrives my final team would have been goddamn awful. Only 4th didnt need any whatsoever.
  • **** spike damage lol. Im glad it was mostly gone this time around. And when it did become a problem, I learned there were AUX chips that give 80% spike reduction. And that pretty much made them null. I put them on as may party memebrs as possible and never took them off. Pyra, dromarch etc all ended with them.
  • Speaking of Aux chips, I barely used them. I think I had a few I had obtained in Gormott on the first 2 party members but I dont think 4th of 5th had ANY aux chips other than the mostly-useless spike ones.
  • I forgot you had to buy weapons until like the 4th town lol. I had some really weak blades before that. That was one hell of a satisfying power spike.
  • Dev level is a really weird gimmick. I think I liked it because im a sucker for upgrading things (Colony 6) but the way it was done was weird. This being the best one at balancing money of the 3 made things a bit harder too. Cant just spend willy-nilly when some quests are asking for 300,000 gold lol.
  • Xenoblade is like the one series where I havent been repeatedly spoiled by everything. Shout out to the fanbase for not spoiling anything and everything. "Seven" <3
  • The fact that EXP is put into inns is the weirdest thing ever. I ended at level 70, and about 40 of Rex's level ups must have happened at an inn. It's such a weird thing to do. It isnt really satisfying to level up in a menu. . .
  • Also why the **** did they give new members so much bonus EXP? When I got 4th and fifth I went straight to an inn. Both leveled up like 10 times. 4th was a whopping 12 levels higher than the rest of the party.
Time for the spoilers
  • Doughall's blade not being playable is super weird. All core crystals are supposed to drop but you dont get him for some reason.
  • One eyed monster is the greatest cutscene in video game history
  • Morag and Brighid joining COMPLETELY took me off guard.
    • They're lesbians and there is nothing you can do to change my mind
    • NOTHING. THEY ARE BOTH FLAMING FOR A REASON DAMMIT
  • Torna are clearly the good guys because they had the best damn designs in the game. Like goddamn such consistently great looks.
  • Merc missions were weird. On the one hand it was nice to have some decent income for a change and some free exp but you didnt really have any input. And again, you can get ****ed because of blade RNG.
  • I have no idea how Bana survived Rosa exploding so close but Niall was extremely dead.
  • y'all remember that spongebob joke where everyone is squidward? replace "squidward" with "blade." Like 90% of the cast has a core crystal. Nia, Zeke, Rex, Amalthus, literally all of Torna. (Mythra steal this one if you want I dont care lol)
  • Nia being a blade was weird as ****, but she was also one of my favorite bladesin the game. So that was neat.
  • Someone should teach Alrest about this thing called pants. Looking at you Nia and poppi QTpi
  • Im sad Turters basically vanished after his debut.

This one gets a seperate section because reasons. The finale may have one of the best buildups in any game I have ever played. It starts with Jin showing off that he really is a Final Fantasy character and turning into Sephiroth. Pyra does her sacrifice and she is GONE. You then got to a cool dungeon with a bunch of character development. And then it's a clash on the cliff of Morytha. This is where things go off the rails. You fight Malos who has a ****ING MONADO. Just that alone immediately brings the whole game into question. The player needs answers. They keep going and reach Malos and Jin. You get a great cutscene with Rex having a moment. Pyra gets a new form and it is AWESOME. One cool fight later. . .yo uare sent to hell. IN Morytha, you get to use Rex's new insane powers and team up with Jin. This makes you feel super cool and you get a **** ton of info on the bad guys. And then you start to climb the world tree. The thing you've been heading to all game. But it isnt waht you expect. With your new powers you climb this strange tower. As this happens a World War starts. Indol declares war on you and Torna. Torna fights back. The entire world is summoned. And you keep going. Torna makes their last stand, and you finish off Amalthus. Questions have been given. Torna finishes off strong. Amalthus is daed. All that lefts are Elysium, the Architect, and Malos. Elysium is a sham. The architect is powerless and dying but answers some questions (not all). Malos is destroying the world. You fight him off and the ending happens. There is no forced break here. It's just one big buildup. You can break whenever you want to but im not sure how you can with how insane of an ending this i

• WHY DID THE TORNANS HAVE A ****ING MECHON? THAT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE
  • ALSO WHERE THE **** DID THE MONADO COME FROM? THAT WASNT EVEN EXPLAINED
  • So XC1 and XC2 are happening at the same time. Zanza and the architect are the same person, and Zanza and Malos are killed at about the same time. XC2 takes place in the world XC1 described. That's ****ing wacky. I joked about Alvis and Shulk being the architect for half the game. I didnt think I would hear one of their voices. . .Like holy **** that's some huge damn plot twists.
  • Pyra's final form is genuinely OP. Not in a "haha it's cool" way. No I mean it's genuinely overpowered. You can basically kill everything in the main game with it. I brought down the FINAL BOSS from half HP with a chain attack because of her. And it isn't hard to get. Maxing affinity and party gauge is pretty easy by the time you get it.
  • Rex getting a better design made it worth it lul
  • The final boss kind of felt lacking because of this. It's no Zanza that's for sure. but I HAD to chain attack, or else he would one-shot my party. And im 2 levels above him! Zanza has yet to be surpassed unfortunately.
  • The ending is so bittersweet. The world is about to be destroyed but pythra will do their thing. Rex is so desperate to go with her. The goddamn desperation in his face. . .and the sadness of the rest of the party members. Poor Poppi. . .
  • Although the fact that she immediately comes back sort of makes the ending null lol. . .ut im a sucker for happy endings
  • So I guess Rex has a threesome now. Since Pyra and Mythra magically learned how to both appear separately for some reason. foursome if you count Nia
  • Elysium being dead was a pretty good result. The alternative would have been weird
  • WHY CANT WE SAVE LORA OR ALL OF TORNA DAMMIT
  • Get ****ed smurf *****
  • I think the fact that Indoline is destroyed is strangely glazed over. A ****-ton of innocent people die and it sort of gets ignored. Mikhail says no one is evacuated but they never goo "all of those innocent people" after it crashes. Weird and sad.
  • The fact we never get to see Addam is the most suspicious thing ever.
  • Current Headcanon- XC1 and 2 combine at the end. Shulk creates a "New world" which happens to just be the island that the titans go to. SHUT UP LET ME DREAM
That took about as long to write as it took to get on the damn elevator

FINAL RESULT
Elevator/10

I really want to go play XCX now TBH. Give that one a second chance so I can say I loved all 3 isntead of loved 2 and liked another. But
A. wont bring Wii U to college.
B. I would burn myself out SO FAST.

Guess i have to get around to Mario Odyssey and BotW now. . .weird that the 2 games everyone loved and put as GotY are a step down to the little niche game here. . .
Game Over!

:061:

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ura's feeling very Dark Uraful since page 666 isn't he? :evil:

Or I'll just put it as Dark Ura if you'd prefer that instead. Seems like there's darkness within. :p
Yeah that's just my evil alter ego talking. Don't mind him, he's a jerk looking for attention.

Don't listen to that fool Ura. I AM EVIL INCARNATE AND I WILL CONQUER YOU ALL!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I actually think Star. Vs might be my second favorite cartoon now.

It's hard to choose between it and Steven Universe. I'm also starting to rediscover my love of Adventure Time, so it too might just compete for that spot again soon....but I'm not sure because I'm well aware the more recent seasons have been more divisive than the earlier ones.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I'm pretty sure it was a novel.

The X/X-2 HD Remaster inlcuded an audio drama that sets up an X-3. Except Square has no plans for an X-3 so it just leaves you hanging.

Basically Tidus and Yuna have broken up and she seems to have found someone else. There's a girl claiming to be Auron's child. Lastly beckonings have been out of control and because of it someone has brought Sin back.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Beat Xenoblade Elevator 2.

Expect a writeup soon. You can change the title now :p

:061:
I'm catching up to your progess Zeb...

(not really....)
Alright time for some ****ing Xenoblade writing.
Like all of my "reviews" this is ****. Split into a spoiler and non-spoiler section.
Um.. Never mind so apparently you have finished the game story....

Well, I will response then... Just later once I finish chapter 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom