• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~

I gotta say... that's quite the interesting backstory there, especially with that twist at the end. You were allergic to cats this whole time and it remained a mystery until way later on in your life. It makes me wonder if I'm allergic to them in some form due to getting small itchy red spots on my face every now and then. Regardless, perhaps Kattherine should be your true username after this story? :o

Then again, Katt is easier to say, so I might just stick with that. :p
i was a three year old so its pretty much usual to keep animals away from little baby XD hell i can't offer any truth to this i was three i got no memories of it ^-^'

pretty much :p katt can just be read as a shorten katherine anyway so i'm pretty sure thats why it stuck so well, call me whatever ya want makes no difference to me, my brother calls me brat and uni calls me kitty occasionally :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey my likes finally surpassed my post count again. Everything is back to how it should be.
Great. Now The Stoopid Unikorn and I are the only very active users who have more posts than likes.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I mean Tidus wasn't my favorite lead by any means and I get the emotional impact of his sacrifice, but I adored Yuna so much even in X that I wanted her to have a happy ending.

So I can see why they did it. I can see why some might not like that.

But I don't think it's as big of a crime as say they do a DLC episode that undoes Noctis's sacrifice at the end of Final Fantasy XV. The dude even finds peace in the afterlife with his love interest.

Here you had a living main character ripped away from another one and you have no chance of that person having her happy ending. People were emotionally invested in Yuna and Tidus's journey so I can see why they did X-2.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm pretty sure it was a novel.

The X/X-2 HD Remaster inlcuded an audio drama that sets up an X-3. Except Square has no plans for an X-3 so it just leaves you hanging.

Basically Tidus and Yuna have broken up and she seems to have found someone else. There's a girl claiming to be Auron's child. Lastly beckonings have been out of control and because of it someone has brought Sin back.
Which makes absolutely no sense given that Sin was completely gone forever after the spiral of death was broken by Tidus and co.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
i was a three year old so its pretty much usual to keep animals away from little baby XD hell i can't offer any truth to this i was three i got no memories of it ^-^'

pretty much :p katt can just be read as a shorten katherine anyway so i'm pretty sure thats why it stuck so well, call me whatever ya want makes no difference to me, my brother calls me brat and uni calls me kitty occasionally :p
I don't really remember much from the time I was three either. Then again, that was the age where it was discovered I had to avoid Gluten entirely... so there's that. :p

Does this mean I could call you KittyKatt if I wanted to? :o

Would The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn have any objections to this? :troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Are you just assuming because he has over 60000 posts that there’s no way he has more likes than posts?
Look at his profile.
almost 62,400 posts and almost 49 thousand likes.

My like ratio is not that good. :/

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Which makes absolutely no sense given that Sin was completely gone forever after the spiral of death was broken by Tidus and co.
Aren't beckonings like illusions?

Tidus and co. just stopped Sin at the source by killing Yu Yevon so it couldn't possess another aeon and make another Sin.

This new Sin would basically be a collection of pyreflies bending to someone's desires.

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Are you just assuming because he has over 60000 posts that there’s no way he has more likes than posts?
uni actually mentioned it before
and you can uh see itwhen you click on his profile

I don't really remember much from the time I was three either. Then again, that was the age where it was discovered I had to avoid Gluten entirely... so there's that. :p

Does this mean I could call you KittyKatt if I wanted to? :o

Would The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn have any objections to this? :troll:
-shrugs- i don't really got a problem with it :V

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Holy **** I just found out something cool on my ipad.

I can do split screen so I have twitter on half and chrome on the other half.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Aren't beckonings like illusions?

Tidus and co. just stopped Sin at the source by killing Yu Yevon so it couldn't possess another aeon and make another Sin.

This new Sin would basically be a collection of pyreflies bending to someone's desires.
No. Sin can only exist with Yu Yevon taking possession of the Final Aeon. With no Final Aeon and no Yu Yevon it's impossible for Sin to exist.
I mean Tidus wasn't my favorite lead by any means and I get the emotional impact of his sacrifice, but I adored Yuna so much even in X that I wanted her to have a happy ending.

So I can see why they did it. I can see why some might not like that.

But I don't think it's as big of a crime as say they do a DLC episode that undoes Noctis's sacrifice at the end of Final Fantasy XV. The do even finds peace in the afterlife with his love interest.

Here you had a living main character ripped away from another one and you have no chance of that person having her happy ending. People were emotionally invested in Yuna and Tidus's journey so I can see why they did X-2.
I was emotionally invested in it as well.

And that's exactly why the ending was done so well. It left you with a feeling of accomplishment in saving Spira from it's spiral of death but also sorrow in knowing that Tidus and Yuna would never be together.
You're pathetic...
Wh...What?

Ahh yes...Hellikorn. My good friend. How about goes your ambition? I trust you've done a good job of spreading evil in the world yes?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
No. Sin can only exist with Yu Yevon taking possession of the Final Aeon. With no Final Aeon and no Yu Yevon it's impossible for Sin to exist.

I was emotionally invested in it as well.

And that's exactly why the ending was done so well. It left you with a feeling of accomplishment in saving Spira from it's spiral of death but also sorrow in knowing that Tidus and Yuna would never be together.

Wh...What?

Ahh yes...Hellikorn. My good friend. How about goes your ambition? I trust you've done a good job of spreading evil in the world yes?
But it's not really Sin.

Just a mass of pyreflies that looks and acts like Sin.

EDIT: The alternative is that someone beckoned Yu Yevon as well.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I don't need to do any effort on that because mankind is foolish enough to do it for me.

As such, I get to sit back, make some popkorn and watch the show. :demon:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
But it's not really Sin.

Just a mass of pyreflies that looks and acts like Sin.
That literally makes no sense.

This sounds to me like SE making a convenient plot to bring back a villain who's time already passed. Even if it makes jack sense.

I just wish they would leave X alone for good.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I don't need to do any effort on that because mankind is foolish enough to do it for me.

You! You're a monster!

Ahh of course. You raise a good point my friend. Why bother trying to conquer these fools when they do the work for us. But of course then again, what fun is it when we don't get to soak our hands in their blood? The look of terror on their faces brings me much delight...heh heh heh. :evil:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How much do you like Smash Bros?
I am actually good at Smash Bros, but it is not like I go to tournaments at all. :lol:
Smash Bros. is not my career.

Your avatar perfectly fits this post. Font and all.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~

In that case... I'll just stick with Katt then. :p

I can get carried away sometimes... >_<
the reason for katt is simplicy
don't make things unnecessary complicated

*passes you a boxcutter*

Looks like you might need this. ;)
aw thank you~ ^-^

i'll make sure it gets great used maybe bring you back a bone or two if i can do it well enough~

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
the reason for katt is simplicy
don't make things unnecessary complicated
Don't worry; I know. Whenever I get overly complicated on stuff like this, it's just me being silly 99.9% of the time.

If I actually addressed you as more then just Katt whenever I come on here, well... things aren't going to end well. :p

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Oh really? Well... it looks like I'll have to address Katt as KittyCatKattKatCatt for now on. There shall be no objections to this. :p
Yeesh, what a mouthful.

Need to break a piece off that KittKat bar.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You! You're a monster!
Thank you for your kind compliment.

You shall be one spot lower on my to-kill list for this. But only one.

Consider this the closest thing to mercy I can diplay.

Ahh of course. You raise a good point my friend. Why bother trying to conquer these fools when they do the work for us. But of course then again, what fun is it when we don't get to soak our hands in their blood? The look of terror on their faces brings me much delight...heh heh heh. :evil:
What kind of idiot would I be if I didn't get my own hands dirty?

But I only keep that for the important people.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That literally makes no sense.

This sounds to me like SE making a convenient plot to bring back a villain who's time already passed. Even if it makes jack sense.

I just wish they would leave X alone for good.
But beckonings were already a part of the X lore and world.

It makes sense to me. Most likely some **** hates the world like so many other FF villains and brings Sin back.

We had Wakka conjure his dead brother. Why not a giant whale monster?

I agree it is kind of lame to have Sin come back during what's meant to be an eternal calm. I disagree that it makes no sense.

D

Deleted member

I have this stupid paranoia which some loser is going to steal my identity and make me look like a fool right in front of the people I know, including you guys. :(

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Mine's better :p
you didn't offer yours :V

Don't worry; I know. Whenever I get overly complicated on stuff like this, it's just me being silly 99.9% of the time.

If I actually addressed you as more then just Katt whenever I come on here, well... things aren't going to end well. :p
i'm not afriad to revert back to my old days and plunge a box cutter through your ribcage and start carving up there what i can :V

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People are talking if there should be another Frieza arc

That would be so boring. We don't need Frieza as a villain a third time

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I have this stupid paranoia which some loser is going to steal my identity and make me look like a fool right in front of the people I know, including you guys. :(
Nah man.

We have our own identities to look like fools with.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
This is a good theme song to listen to when Dark Ura and Hellikorn are talking about their evil deeds with each other...

Thank you for your kind compliment.

You shall be one spot lower on my to-kill list for this. But only one.

Consider this the closest thing to mercy I can diplay.

What kind of idiot would I be if I didn't get my own hands dirty?

But I only keep that for the important people.
You! I'll put a stop to you! I swear! You won't get away with this!

Heh heh heh, but of course. It looks like we have a difference in taste my friend. I do not shy away from inflicting my will on the pathetic fools of this world. I thrive off their pain and suffering. It's what makes me feel alive! :evil:

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
i'm not afriad to revert back to my old days and plunge a box cutter through your ribcage and start carving up there what i can :V
Oh my.... I really don't think I want to be attacked by a box cutter, let alone be stabbed with one for addressing you as 5 cats instead of one. We all know cats have 9 lives, so... actually, let's not test that theory tonight. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Help is appreciated. This paranoia is causing a little bit of stress. It is causing me to lose a little bit of control of myself.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Alright time for some ****ing Xenoblade writing.
Like all of my "reviews" this is ****. Split into a spoiler and non-spoiler section.

Music for reading
https://youtu.be/LpyDKYxKnSM
Thumbnail has a spoiler. Cant find one that doesnt :/
  • Holy **** this game was great. XCX was my most hyped game in a long time because it was a sequel to my second favorite game ever. I felt the same way pre-release ESPECIALLY after the talk of more story focus. And this did NOT dissappoint. This is basically my big switch game right now.
  • Nia> Fourth> Fifth > Rex > Tora.
  • In the time it took me to right this I switched Nia and fourth. They are both so good but Nia has such a fun personality. I pretty much loved every line she had. She is so great.
  • Loved the game's music. I think XC1 had way better battle music, but I think this one had more battle songs to keep up variety and some great field music. Was a really big fan of Argentum and Torigoth.
  • Battle system changes were weird but I grew on them.
    • Blade Combos basically make up for the generally higher health of enemies. Although early game they feel a bit awkward when you might not have great variety
    • The new chain attacks are SUPER SATISFYING once you master them and blade combos. Having your chain attack length be determined by setup and not luck is neat. I think they are too strong (1000% multiplier is really easy to get goddamn) but I cant really get too mad because it's super satisfying getting a great setup and obliterating a Tyrant
    • the break->topple-launch->smash system was a nice new feature. Like it more than break->topple->daze. Although I think it's a bit weird it basically isnt available for a while since launch and smash arent freebies until a decent portion of the game
    • reduced mobility and the 3 hit combo feel super weird. Not a fan of the reduced mobility, but 3 hit combo and auto-cancelling are pretty satisfying.
    • Blade swapping leads to some crazy stuff late game. Swapping through all 3 different blades using every single move feels awesome. But early game it's just awkward.
  • Healing is probably the biggest change from XC1. And frankly I think this was one of my bigger problems in the game. Moving most in-game healing to potions that drop from certain attacks is super weird. But that ALSO came with a change to reduce your movement speed DRAMATICALLY. So sometimes getting a small heal (which is your only heal for a part of the game) means running across half the battlefield and it's a bit TOO punishing when all of your resources are dependent on always attacking. . .which you cant do while running anymore. And more importantly, it makes fights over ledges and water dumb. Because potions will just vanish. So if you arent over leveled or dont have another way of fighting you're ****ed. There were certain fights I just could not win because I couldnt heal. Thankfully, none were required.
  • AI being really ****ing stupid continues in 2. Sometimes at low health they would change from healer or tank to attacker for . . .no real reason. The fact that they prioritize blade combos over all else is weird and they occasionally have trouble dealing with healing. And then those two things combine. At low health but a blade combo says you need to use the your attacker blade? they'll be fine. *proceed to die because they arent healing* WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED. This pretty much led me to giving everyone their role multiplied by 3 except who I was controlling. Attackers get all attack blades, healers all healers, tanks all tanks. That way they cant make a mistake like that. This also unfortunately meant that I couldnt really use the game's gimmick of mixing and matching blades sine it was all one type. . .at leas there was variety in blades, but all the same function.
  • Sidequests were pretty cool. There were some boring ones but I enjoyed the majority. Not a lot of "Go find X items out in *insert gigantic space with no exact location here*. Well. One or two but there were usually hints. Nothing like XCX where they would say to kill a certain enemy in a region but only like two in the entire game drop the damn thing. XC1 might have had that too for all I remember but I dont remember. Plus that one mostly had some bland sidequests anyway lol
  • If Tora could stop being a pervert that would be great.
  • Not a fan of the Core crystal system. And I wound up with a lot of blades I liked. Like KOS-MOS or Boreas or Adenine. Yeah I got a few I didn't like (my second blade was azami and my last was Dahlila lol). But holy **** is it an RNG fiesta. So much of it is just straight up luck. And that luck DRAMATICALLY affects the game. Without certain blades there are certain things you cant do. And some of it is required. I got really lucky with my blades in that regard but others. . .
  • The fact you need rare items to change owners only makes things worse. In my playthrough Rex literally only got healer blades. He ended the game with I think 5 different healer blades and nothing else. If not for overdrives he was ****ed. In fact, in the whole game, only 2 blades matched the role who they were used for. 4th got Perceval and Nia got Kora. Everything else was an awkward mismatch. If not for overdrives my final team would have been goddamn awful. Only 4th didnt need any whatsoever.
  • **** spike damage lol. Im glad it was mostly gone this time around. And when it did become a problem, I learned there were AUX chips that give 80% spike reduction. And that pretty much made them null. I put them on as may party memebrs as possible and never took them off. Pyra, dromarch etc all ended with them.
  • Speaking of Aux chips, I barely used them. I think I had a few I had obtained in Gormott on the first 2 party members but I dont think 4th of 5th had ANY aux chips other than the mostly-useless spike ones.
  • I forgot you had to buy weapons until like the 4th town lol. I had some really weak blades before that. That was one hell of a satisfying power spike.
  • Dev level is a really weird gimmick. I think I liked it because im a sucker for upgrading things (Colony 6) but the way it was done was weird. This being the best one at balancing money of the 3 made things a bit harder too. Cant just spend willy-nilly when some quests are asking for 300,000 gold lol.
  • Xenoblade is like the one series where I havent been repeatedly spoiled by everything. Shout out to the fanbase for not spoiling anything and everything. "Seven" <3
  • The fact that EXP is put into inns is the weirdest thing ever. I ended at level 70, and about 40 of Rex's level ups must have happened at an inn. It's such a weird thing to do. It isnt really satisfying to level up in a menu. . .
  • Also why the **** did they give new members so much bonus EXP? When I got 4th and fifth I went straight to an inn. Both leveled up like 10 times. 4th was a whopping 12 levels higher than the rest of the party.
Time for the spoilers
  • Doughall's blade not being playable is super weird. All core crystals are supposed to drop but you dont get him for some reason.
  • One eyed monster is the greatest cutscene in video game history
  • Morag and Brighid joining COMPLETELY took me off guard.
    • They're lesbians and there is nothing you can do to change my mind
    • NOTHING. THEY ARE BOTH FLAMING FOR A REASON DAMMIT
  • Torna are clearly the good guys because they had the best damn designs in the game. Like goddamn such consistently great looks.
  • Merc missions were weird. On the one hand it was nice to have some decent income for a change and some free exp but you didnt really have any input. And again, you can get ****ed because of blade RNG.
  • I have no idea how Bana survived Rosa exploding so close but Niall was extremely dead.
  • y'all remember that spongebob joke where everyone is squidward? replace "squidward" with "blade." Like 90% of the cast has a core crystal. Nia, Zeke, Rex, Amalthus, literally all of Torna. (Mythra steal this one if you want I dont care lol)
  • Nia being a blade was weird as ****, but she was also one of my favorite bladesin the game. So that was neat.
  • Someone should teach Alrest about this thing called pants. Looking at you Nia and poppi QTpi
  • Im sad Turters basically vanished after his debut.

This one gets a seperate section because reasons. The finale may have one of the best buildups in any game I have ever played. It starts with Jin showing off that he really is a Final Fantasy character and turning into Sephiroth. Pyra does her sacrifice and she is GONE. You then got to a cool dungeon with a bunch of character development. And then it's a clash on the cliff of Morytha. This is where things go off the rails. You fight Malos who has a ****ING MONADO. Just that alone immediately brings the whole game into question. The player needs answers. They keep going and reach Malos and Jin. You get a great cutscene with Rex having a moment. Pyra gets a new form and it is AWESOME. One cool fight later. . .yo uare sent to hell. IN Morytha, you get to use Rex's new insane powers and team up with Jin. This makes you feel super cool and you get a **** ton of info on the bad guys. And then you start to climb the world tree. The thing you've been heading to all game. But it isnt waht you expect. With your new powers you climb this strange tower. As this happens a World War starts. Indol declares war on you and Torna. Torna fights back. The entire world is summoned. And you keep going. Torna makes their last stand, and you finish off Amalthus. Questions have been given. Torna finishes off strong. Amalthus is daed. All that lefts are Elysium, the Architect, and Malos. Elysium is a sham. The architect is powerless and dying but answers some questions (not all). Malos is destroying the world. You fight him off and the ending happens. There is no forced break here. It's just one big buildup. You can break whenever you want to but im not sure how you can with how insane of an ending this i

• WHY DID THE TORNANS HAVE A ****ING MECHON? THAT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE
  • ALSO WHERE THE **** DID THE MONADO COME FROM? THAT WASNT EVEN EXPLAINED
  • So XC1 and XC2 are happening at the same time. Zanza and the architect are the same person, and Zanza and Malos are killed at about the same time. XC2 takes place in the world XC1 described. That's ****ing wacky. I joked about Alvis and Shulk being the architect for half the game. I didnt think I would hear one of their voices. . .Like holy **** that's some huge damn plot twists.
  • Pyra's final form is genuinely OP. Not in a "haha it's cool" way. No I mean it's genuinely overpowered. You can basically kill everything in the main game with it. I brought down the FINAL BOSS from half HP with a chain attack because of her. And it isn't hard to get. Maxing affinity and party gauge is pretty easy by the time you get it.
  • Rex getting a better design made it worth it lul
  • The final boss kind of felt lacking because of this. It's no Zanza that's for sure. but I HAD to chain attack, or else he would one-shot my party. And im 2 levels above him! Zanza has yet to be surpassed unfortunately.
  • The ending is so bittersweet. The world is about to be destroyed but pythra will do their thing. Rex is so desperate to go with her. The goddamn desperation in his face. . .and the sadness of the rest of the party members. Poor Poppi. . .
  • Although the fact that she immediately comes back sort of makes the ending null lol. . .ut im a sucker for happy endings
  • So I guess Rex has a threesome now. Since Pyra and Mythra magically learned how to both appear separately for some reason. foursome if you count Nia
  • Elysium being dead was a pretty good result. The alternative would have been weird
  • WHY CANT WE SAVE LORA OR ALL OF TORNA DAMMIT
  • Get ****ed smurf *****
  • I think the fact that Indoline is destroyed is strangely glazed over. A ****-ton of innocent people die and it sort of gets ignored. Mikhail says no one is evacuated but they never goo "all of those innocent people" after it crashes. Weird and sad.
  • The fact we never get to see Addam is the most suspicious thing ever.
  • Current Headcanon- XC1 and 2 combine at the end. Shulk creates a "New world" which happens to just be the island that the titans go to. SHUT UP LET ME DREAM
That took about as long to write as it took to get on the damn elevator

FINAL RESULT
Elevator/10

I really want to go play XCX now TBH. Give that one a second chance so I can say I loved all 3 isntead of loved 2 and liked another. But
A. wont bring Wii U to college.
B. I would burn myself out SO FAST.

Guess i have to get around to Mario Odyssey and BotW now. . .weird that the 2 games everyone loved and put as GotY are a step down to the little niche game here. . .

Game Over!

:061:

Reading all that mother****ing glorious text ****in worth it. And yes, I'll do the meme.

Time for a Game Praxis:

Malos having a Monado is lowkey explained by Ontos' whereabouts
We could say Pneuma's sword is also a Monado

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
But beckonings were already a part of the X lore and world.

It makes sense to me. Most likely some **** hates the world like so many other FF villains and brings Sin back.

We had Wakka conjure his dead brother. Why not a giant whale monster?

I agree it is kind of lame to have Sin come back during what's meant to be an eternal calm. I disagree that it makes no sense.
How exactly does Sin come back to life? Through Jecht? Because Jecht is already dead and they can't spontaneously make him come back to life through Pyreflies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom