• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Could we get a next Smash 4 tier list? This is the last of Smash 4's moments and a lot has happened.
This is the current one:
View attachment 140843
I think we will get another one when Smash Bros. Switch is near.
We might get one more list closer to Smash Switch's release date. I know that for the transition from Brawl to Smash 4, they released the 8th Brawl tier list about a year before Smash 4 3DS released (August 2013 was the final Brawl tier list, October 2014 was when Smash 4 3DS released, with Wii U coming out in November). So, I COULD see it. The question is...has the meta changed enough to warrant another Smash 4 tier list? I would say "yes" but we'll have to see what the Smash 4 backroom thinks.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
None of the people add were for promotion though?

What did Ryu promote?

Bayonetta 2 was already out.

Cloud had exactly no Nintendo games.

Corrin is ONE case. And to be fair as much I didn't want them they have one of the more original Fire Emblem movesets so I can see why he'd also gravitate towards them instead of just 'lolololol promotion."
I was specifically talking about first-party DLC though.

Ed Boon doesn't do just the guest characters as DLC though.

Sure, they're the faces of the DLCs he does, but he still sprinkles some stuff that's more in-line with the franchise alongside it that's more than just "promotion for new game" or "cut veteran".

That's kind of what I want to see for Smash 5's DLC.
Now, I do agree with you with there being more reason to Corrin than just "lol promotion"

After all, I very much doubt Sakurai would've done it if it ended up being a fourth Marth in terms of moveset.

But saying that promotion wasn't a big reason why Corrin was put in Smash is basically a lie. Especially when the final Smash Direct explicitly said it!

And that comes from someone who genuinely enjoys playing Corrin.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Another day I realize that a blade was way better on another driver than the other, in that case, Kora is super fun on Morag, from what I tested atleast.
In response to title and thread.

No. Imma go sidequesting :p
:061:
Wait, since you finished chapter 9. That mean you must have seen that scene, right?

Another day I realize that a blade was way better on another driver than the other, in that case, Kora is super fun on Morag, from what I tested atleast.

Wait, since you finished chapter 9. That mean you must have seen that scene, right?
last thing i saw is Jin fading away and amalthus getting killed

Turn on the TV and the first thing i see on the TV guide is "Elysium"

Even ****ing TV wants me to get in the elevator.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
The wording of the Quirk description seems to imply it only works on the person she loves THE MOST. So only one person can be affected by it.
Regardless, it's pretty damn busted considering the speed Gentle moved after he got the boost and his own Quirk has no effect on his body.
I still find the Quirk useless over all if it only applies to one person.

OOF

K-Pop and J-Pop are the worst.

Some of the things they have done scare me.

If you're looking for a worst fandom out there, its hard to beat those people.
I like J-pop...

I doubt any 3rd Parties will be cut, Nintendo still has good ties with all the companies they need to make a contract with, it's not like Snake where Smash 4 was around the time "****onami" became a thing. If anything, I'd say the 3rd Parties have more priority over other characters.
I somehow doubt that's how it works, literally Mario, Link and Pikachu are the only characters who are always save.

Get in the ****ing elevator Zebei

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Oh.

I see what I missed.

I feel like I should try not to look at the spoiler tags but now it's somewhat tempting.

I'll get around to playing XC2 eventually, guys.

And then maybe you'll see my own spoiler reactions.
Still recommend you not clicking it though.
But hey, maybe you are like me where you have already see some spoiler fanarts and Youtube Videos here and there.

I mean I have yet to know the big ones, so I can take it... A bit.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Wait, didn't you see a cutscene as soon as you booted Chapter 10?

Or did you skip it by accident?

D

Deleted member

OBTENEZ DANS L'ASCENSEUR MAINTENANT ZEB!
We might get one more list closer to Smash Switch's release date. I know that for the transition from Brawl to Smash 4, they released the 8th Brawl tier list about a year before Smash 4 3DS released (August 2013 was the final Brawl tier list, October 2014 was when Smash 4 3DS released, with Wii U coming out in November). So, I COULD see it. The question is...has the meta changed enough to warrant another Smash 4 tier list? I would say "yes" but we'll have to see what the Smash 4 backroom thinks.
Ooo.... The Backroom should though. It would be nice, and some characters need to move.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
....really?
But as you said, Kora is better with Nia, and I already put Adenine on Morag so, no need to do that...

And also try to get rest of rare Blades right?
Because of that. . I have yet to finish the main story...

And yeah.. I see your edit. .
It's not cool to just have your post context all in spoiler tag. I mean how do you reply to this? Lol.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Ooo.... The Backroom should though. It would be nice, and some characters need to move.
That's some horrible French right there Shiny.:4metaknight:

Let me guess, you used Google Traduction?:p

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
That was really bad French. You basically said "OBTAIN IN THE ELEVATOR NOW ZEB!"

You should've said "ENTRE DANS L'ASCENSEUR MAINTENANT, ZEB!" (Enter the elevator now, Zeb)

Also, for my next tip; don't use Google Translate for multiple words at once. That thing is unable to detect context and that can ruin so many sentences.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That was really bad French. You basically said "OBTAIN IN THE ELEVATOR NOW ZEB!"

You should've said "ENTRE DANS L'ASCENSEUR MAINTENANT, ZEB!" (Enter the elevator now, Zeb)

Also, for my next tip; don't use Google Translate for multiple words at once. That thing is unable to detect context and that can ruin so many sentences.
Wait, did I just :4greninja:'ed you?

If yes, I feel like I should be happy...but right now, I feel nothing.:4gaw:

D

Deleted member

I still find the Quirk useless over all if it only applies to one person.
Considering it only works on the person you love the most, I'd say not. Like, you'd obviously not want them to die so this could basically save them from life-or-death situations.
I somehow doubt that's how it works, literally Mario, Link and Pikachu are the only characters who are always save.
That literally cannot be true because we would never have a Smash game with only 3 characters.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Okay, you tore the theory apart, but still dude.

You're usually more logical than this. You have a flawed line of thinking here myself too. Lack of content does not equal to in danger of being cut. None of what you said makes him a likely cut. Like none of it.

It's just a really really really rather silly thing to think that because a character didn't get a tremendous amount of content means he's in a perilous situation.

Especially when people have brought up the fact to you that said character is massively popular (probably top 3 popularity in third parties), and his company currently has a good business track record with Nintendo. They legit have an upcoming game for the Switch.

All that weighs more as facts to follow than ''He was lacking content when added so he's only here on a vacation."
You know what else is really silly?

Saying he's safe because the Switch is getting an exclusive from Square Enix that probably wasn't even in a state to even be considered at the time Smash 5's roster was decided. Heck, it'd be silly to use that as "proof" even if it WAS able to be considered.

There is no precedent for Smash picking third parties based on what companies are feeding them the most games. If that were the case, Ubisoft would've had a rep in SSB4 and not just a bunch of Rayman trophies. Cutting characters doesn't burn bridges between Nintendo and other developers, either, as you seem to be implying. It's not like Square would ditch Nintendo again if they don't continue to use Cloud in Smash. Konami continued producing games for Nintendo platforms long after Snake was shown the door.

Like, disagreeing with me is fine, but calling my points "silly" and then proceeding to say "NOPE SQUARE HAS A SWITCH EXCLUSIVE AND THEY HAVE A GOOD RELATIONSHIP SO HE'S SAFE" as proof that Cloud cannot be cut is absurd. Everything you presented that supposedly "outweighs" my evidence is utter nonsense. No, I'm sorry, but Project Octopath being a thing doesn't suddenly erase the fact that they couldn't even manage to get an English voice actor for Cloud even though he's had one for ages.

There has to be an explanation for the lack of FF-related content. We know it's not because of "time constraints" as you theorized, and it's not something that should just be written off. Licensing and money are the only logical explanations.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
My post gave more explanation, so it is the clear superior :troll:
Fair enough, I was going to explain basically what you said, but I got distracted by others things.

So, I take the title of "The Stoopid Unikorn" from now on.:smirk:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh wow, Jalter actually works extremely well with Mordred thanks to Dragon Witch EX, and this support one still has Lv1 skills.
Also, it's so fun to have Mordred fire off multiple NPs on the same battle, like, I think I managed to have her use it 3 or 4 times on the Da Vinci Lancer quest.
There has to be an explanation for the lack of FF-related content. We know it's not because of "time constraints" as you theorized, and it's not something that should just be written off.
I fail to see how that's relevant to see him being cut.
Like, what are you trying to imply with this? I genuinely fail to see it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I really really think you're just being pessimistic in this case and not logical, bud, but I really don't have the energy right now to get into it, because you're pretty steadfast in your ways as am I and we both know it'd just be like smashing 2 stubborn bulls together.

D

Deleted member

Google Translator is bad indeed.
It is just hard to find a French translator.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I fail to see how that's relevant to see him being cut.
Like, what are you trying to imply with this? I genuinely fail to see it.
The barebones representation for Final Fantasy in Smash in comparison to every other third party franchise (DLC or otherwise) suggests that there was some sort of behind-the-scenes issue, likely related to licensing or royalties. It's really not that hard to grasp.

My point isn't that I think Cloud will be cut; it's that I think he's one of the most-at risk characters. I'm not going to be surprised if he returns, I just think that there's red flags that indicate he's the most likely successor to Snake.

I really really think you're just being pessimistic in this case and not logical, bud, but I really don't have the energy right now to get into it, because you're pretty steadfast in your ways as am I and we both know it'd just be like smashing 2 stubborn bulls together.
And I think you're letting what you want to happen influence what you think is realistic.

I'm not even really being pessimistic about this; I don't have a set decision on anything. I'm not closing the door on him making it back in. You seem to think there's no chance of him being cut.

I think either one is likely; I just don't think it's wise to act like the less favorable outcome is an impossibility.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Google Translator is bad indeed.
It is just hard to find a French translator.
That's because French isn't an easy language.

Each situation has a rule.
Each rule has at least a handful of different variations.
Each variation has like, a million exceptions.

Trying to keep all of that in your mind while trying to speak/write it properly is the closest thing to madness I've ever felt at school before all the **** that happened since the last three years.

It practically drained me to just get a passing grade in French. On the other hand, I got some consistent 80s or higher in English without even trying.

That should be a good indicator of how damn hard of a language French is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I will learn French.
I have a question, what would life be like without me?

D

Deleted member

I think I'm gonna take a break soon since I need to focus on school.
Probably after Decidueye gets rated in RTC.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The barebones representation for Final Fantasy in Smash in comparison to every other third party franchise (DLC or otherwise) suggests that there was some sort of behind-the-scenes issue, likely related to licensing or royalties.

It's really not that hard to grasp.
Okay, I can't stay away.

Because I just...

Last thing I'll say.

If this situation was as bad as you're trying to make it sound. Why did he even get in Smash in the first place? Because if you think Square was that stubborn then why would they even do something as silly as give over the permission to use a one time character like Geno for a Mii Fighter?

I truly do think you're just letting pessimism blow something up of something that is really truly nothing.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
French is an interesting language, but not for me. With foreign languages I'm more of a Spanish person.
I got so bored in every spanish class I was in as a kid and The only language I wanted to learn was Japanese
Went to Japanese class, hard as **** but I loved it but again, its hard af

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I will learn French.
I have a question, what would life be like without me?
Being real for a second, French is really, really hard. This is coming from someone whose first language is French. If you have already alot to learn in general, don't make things harder for you by trying to learn French.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Considering it only works on the person you love the most, I'd say not. Like, you'd obviously not want them to die so this could basically save them from life-or-death situations.
Yeah, but what if YOUR no where near the person you love the most, during a life-or-death situations, you could end up kind of boned.

That literally cannot be true because we would never have a Smash game with only 3 characters.
My point was that Pikachu, Mario and Link are the only characters that we can say are 100% safe.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Being real for a second, French is really, really hard. This is coming from someone whose first language is French. If you have already alot to learn in general, don't make things harder for you by trying to learn French.
My words exactly.

Right down the the fact that French is also my first language.

English is just a lot more convenient. Determiners alone are just way easier since they refer to whoever owns the object they determine rather than the object itself, so you really don't have to worry about using the wrong gender.

D

Deleted member

So that Teen Titans leak turned out to be fake by the way.
Do not expect Teen Titans to return or a new show at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
For all we know since Sakurai is on record as saying he wants Geno for a fighter. The hold up was that Square wasn't so sure or keen on him being their second representative. So they went back and forth on that with Sakurai finally for the sake of time just saying ''Mii Fighter costume then?"

There's a number of things or possibilites that could have lead to the limited content Cloud got but none of them are probably ill boding for his future in Smash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom