• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Somewhat late to this, but even though I didn't own the original Spyro Trilogy as a kid, the new remake looks really good.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I know basically everyone in this thread is familiar with Source Gaming, but I feel this video REALLY needs some attention. It touches on a major misconception the fandom tends to have (that I've addressed myself in the past; though I've said it in regard to characters like Crash/Marx/FE Switch hero/Gen 8 Pokemon), as well as brings forth some points that have changed my mind about certain characters.

Highly recommend giving it a watch, even though it's a bit of a long video.

Just watched the video, it was very interesting! Thank you for sharing it.

On the video, they make a good point on what the Xenoblade character Sakurai might pick. Rex&Pyra seem to not be as likely as I thought, but since Xenoblade 2 was such a great success for the Xenoblade or even the Xeno franchise. I feel like one character will make it into Smash, be it as either in the base game or as DLC.

Though, there is one character that, if already well made during the developpement of XB2 or Sakurai to see, could be the "Roy" of this game.

But I won't say it's name because it will be a huge spoiler. And even then, it's merely speculation of my part.

Still, I can't wait to see which character will get in.:)

Last edited:
I think my least favorite thing about constantly changing avatars is that no mater how much I love one it sont last long. Loving this Gilgamesh one, but I would be shocked if it lasts until Sunday.
TBH I was referring to Spyro with this. The only reason I wasn't certain was because I wasn't quite sure what the Spyro design would be lol.

Sorry Gilgamesh. Nostalgia comes first.
:061:

D

Deleted member

Considering your sig is suggesting Crash and Marx, two textbook examples of characters who were made relevant too late in development to even be considered, I'm gonna have to call BS.
My sig is for wants, not expectations.
Did you consider that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I know basically everyone in this thread is familiar with Source Gaming, but I feel this video REALLY needs some attention. It touches on a major misconception the fandom tends to have (that I've addressed myself in the past; though I've said it in regard to characters like Crash/Marx/FE Switch hero/Gen 8 Pokemon), as well as brings forth some points that have changed my mind about certain characters.

Highly recommend giving it a watch, even though it's a bit of a long video.

Well, my guessing that Rex and Pyra may have missed the boat seems more likely now.

Also their comments about Celica reminds me of one my biggest frustrations that happen when people discuss her, which is them saying she could work as Robin clone, when literally none of spell act like any of the Magic Tomes Robin uses in Awakening, yeah there's creative liberty, then there's not adapting things correctly

Burb

The Absolute Worst
My sig is for wants, not expectations.
Did you consider that?
I'm fully aware that wants =/= expectations.

I just don't think anyone would actively support a character they don't think has any sort of realistic chance of being in. Even if you're not outwardly admitting it, I do think you have some level of hope for them, which, yes, does sorta go against your claim of knowing what the video said all along.

Well, my guessing that Rex and Pyra may have missed the boat seems more likely now.

Also their comments about Celica reminds me of one my biggest frustrations that happen when people discuss her, which is them saying she could work as Robin clone, when literally none of spell act like any of the Magic Tomes Robin uses in Awakening, yeah there's creative liberty, then there's not adapting things correctly
The same could be said for Chrom. They could've easily given him a set of animations that are completely different to Marth or Ike. Roy is proof of that.

He was still deemed too samey.

Celica is definitely different from Robin, but she'd still boil down to being a second swords & magic Fire Emblem character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And now, I expect Zeb's next avatar to be Spyro.
Better than that Gilgamesh-whatever-his-name-is one.

I cringe every time I see a character from that Fate/Stay Night thing as they remind me of the biggest ***** I've ever encountered online, by the time I frequented that French forum dedicated to Naruto before moving here, whom I discovered it because of her as she was a fan.

...I'm showing a bit of negativity lately no?

D

Deleted member

I'm fully aware that wants =/= expectations.

I just don't think anyone would actively support a character they don't think has any sort of realistic chance of being in. Even if you're not outwardly admitting it, I do think you have some level of hope for them, which, yes, does sorta go against your claim of knowing what the video said all along.
No, not really.
They're just characters I'd add to my dream roster. Decidueye would probably still be in my sig during Smash 6 speculation even if he doesn't make it in.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
No, not really.
They're just characters I'd add to my dream roster. Decidueye would probably still be in my sig during Smash 6 speculation even if he doesn't make it in.
My mistake, then.

Typically, signatures of that nature are for character support (which is naturally at least somewhat influenced by prediction), not for "dream rosters". I assumed the former because of that.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Detective Pikachu demo was really fun. It upped my interest of picking it up.

If I do, I'm not getting the massive, overpriced amiibo.

D

Deleted member

Back from For Glory.
Also

Something for ya.
Wow, I forgot about that. :laugh:
That looks really good, I love it. That will be my new avatar when you are done.

Also if red sees this post, he gets another chocolate bar.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
>When you get the super tank mod for Poppi a.

Man, I'm being really lucky with Tiger! Tiger!. Now, all I need are two other super mod and Poppi will officialy become the best blade in the game in all category.:denzel:

D

Deleted member

My mistake, then.

Typically, signatures of that nature are for character support (which is naturally at least somewhat influenced by prediction), not for "dream rosters". I assumed the former because of that.
It's all good.
I'm the complete opposite. This is my first time speculating for a game and I still haven't made a prediction roster because there are only 2 newcomers that I think are locks.

D

Deleted member

It stinks being a 14 year old, because the adults pick and you and think you are "cringey" in SmashBoards.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
And again, I am the last post on the previous page. :(

I guess that's karma for me being so lucky. So, I guess I take it and move on.

Also, I was wrong, there is only one Master Mod I need. (For some reason, Master was translated to Super in French)
It stinks being a 14 year old, because the adults pick and you and think you are "cringey" in SmashBoards.
At least you guys are not like that.
Like AndreaAC AndreaAC said, I'm confused by your statement.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The winner of the last Sonic poll was Knuckles. Both Knuckles and Tails were highly voted, but the former barely beat him by one vote. Other than that, not many want Amy or the Avatar from Forces.

Next will be a poll all about Sonic’s biggest rivals. Your choices are Shadow, Silver, Blaze, and Metal Sonic.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Begin.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Ignore that last part.
Ignore the "At least you guys are not like that" part please.

I feel like I can be uncomfortable to be around sometimes. :/
Just don't take things here so SERIOUSLY, and with that I mean the sarcasm that people use here (You should totally take, however, the ADVICES like going to play with your siblings at least) and not over-do the "ass-kissing".

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
The same could be said for Chrom. They could've easily given him a set of animations that are completely different to Marth or Ike. Roy is proof of that.

He was still deemed too samey.

Celica is definitely different from Robin, but she'd still boil down to being a second swords & magic Fire Emblem character.
She'd still have a fundamentally different style of gameplay from Robin, both are the same in that they'd be spellswords, but that's kind of it, since Robin has resource management spellsword, Celica is a cast from the hit points spell sword, so she would have to be built differently.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Last night was quite a memorable night for me playing Fate/Grand Order, and when I mean, I mean one of my best Fate/GO experiences thus far.

I accumulated a total of 192 Saint Quartz in preparation for the Jalter banner. Hearing about how good of an offensive unit she is, I wanted to pull one for myself.

First summoning session, I was getting nothing but three-star Craft Essences and 3-star servants, but on the first summon, the most shocking thing happened...

I pulled Jalter!!!!

What made this even more shocking that this was only the first 30 Saint Quartz I used of the 192 I had, and I got her on the 5th summon! I thought pulling Francis Drake out of a single summoning ticket a few weeks ago was my luckiest moment in Fate/Grand Order, but this one definitely takes the cake for my luckiest and best Fate/GO moment thus far.

I also had several friends who encouraged me to use my Saint Quartz on the spot to see my reactions whether or not I would pull Jalter with the Saint Quartz I had. You can imagine how they and I reacted the moment the Avenger card appeared!

Since I managed to pull Jalter this early on, I have 164 Saint Quartz left to spare at the moment. I'm probably going to hang on to them in preparation for Beach Tamamo and Merlin, though I might give the Cu Chulainn Alter banner a try to see if I'll get Cu Chulainn Alter.

As for my Jalter, she has already reached her 1st Ascension and is currently Level 54. I don't know how quickly I can get her to her 3rd Ascension to unlock all her skills, but I'm currently trying to do my best to have her reach that point as soon as possible (as well as hopefully clear out the Hearts of the Foreign God in the Da Vinci event shop because she and a number of my other servants will need it). Now to think of a team for her...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
The winner of the last Sonic poll was Knuckles. Both Knuckles and Tails were highly voted, but the former barely beat him by one vote. Other than that, not many want Amy or the Avatar from Forces.

Next will be a poll all about Sonic’s biggest rivals. Your choices are Shadow, Silver, Blaze, and Metal Sonic.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Begin.
.3. Can't it be both Silver and Blaze?

Coughtotallynotbecauseofshippingbiascough

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh ****! The Spyro remaster is being made by Toys for Bob! Which means Vicarious Visions isn't doing it! Which means they're probably making a new Crash Bandicoot! What the ****?!

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
My experience with Spyro is limited to just a demo as well as an unfinished playthrough of YotD...but I still spent a ton of hours on both and I'm pretty excited for the new Spyro remastered trilogy...

N Sane Trilogy coming to Switch and Spyro will most likely follow suit eventually as well...

FFVIIR will release (hopefully in my lifetime) as well so I'm pretty high on PS One nostalgia atm...

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Just watched the video, it was very interesting! Thank you for sharing it.

On the video, they make a good point on what the Xenoblade character Sakurai might pick. Rex&Pyra seem to not be as likely as I thought, but since Xenoblade 2 was such a great success for the Xenoblade or even the Xeno franchise. I feel like one character will make it into Smash, be it as either in the base game or as DLC.

Though, there is one character that, if already well made during the developpement of XB2 or Sakurai to see, could be the "Roy" of this game.

But I won't say it's name because it will be a huge spoiler. And even then, it's merely speculation of my part.

Still, I can't wait to see which character will get in.:)
I haven't watched the video yet, so I will just make some response to your quote for now...

I will throw my Xenoblade fanboy mindset aside for now, I don't think Rex& Pyra+other blades (I will just brief saying Rex later on) will be likely. I have mention this before, best case scenario is we got not only Rex but also many XC2 stuff, worse case scenario is we only got XCX or XC2 stage and soundtrack but no new characters...

Hm, if it's a huge Xenoblade 2 spoiler I'm not sure if they will let Sakurai see it...

I get that a lot of people say Smash tends to spoil games stuff... but what they spoiled aren't like a deal breaker or will kill people's gameplay experience. Just look at Xenoblade for now... sure we got a weird looking Fiora trophy...
but you don't see Mech Munkar, Lady Meyneth, Klaus, Real form Zanza, and last but not least, but not least... the third Monado appearing in Smash 4 in any form

So, if what you were referring is a deal breaker spoiler... then I don't think he/she will be in...
I even doubt Architect will appear either (The name itself has been mentioned in many trailers so, this isn't a spoiler lol)

And... I aware this might once again cause flame wars, but I have think this deeply and on both sides about Smash Bros Switch being E10+ or not... and yep, this was started when debating whether censorship on a particular character will happen or not, the ESRB was bring brought up just to support the censorship... but this isn't what we are going to talk about, so chill down people...

After that I have think on both sides as to why... here's my current run down, and these are just my speculation, nothing is set stone... so don't strongly deny or agree with any side (It will just make you look dumb tbh with you):
And please aware, this is just speculating the ESRB rating, don't bring up PEGI or CERO rating for now...
Why Smash Bros Switch WILL NOT be E10+:
  • You have RP placeholder.
  • It's likely going to be a total new game
  • NS has already sold more units than Wii U's total sales, so Nintendo doesn't necessarily have to intentionally tone down the rating to attract more audience.
  • Most NS owners are mature young adults... like most of us.
  • Brawl and Melee were rated T (there weren't E10+ rating when Melee was released by the way)... and Brawl is still currently the best selling Smash Bros game.
  • Smash Switch seems to have a more serious atmosphere compare to previous Smash 4...
  • Franchises like Mario who its games have always been E until Odyssey came out (E10+), so ratings are base on contents not the game series as a whole.

Why Smash Bros Switch WILL be E10+:
  • It's likely going to be built on the same engine as the Wii U, therefore even though it might be a new game, they might still retained those designs
  • There's also a possibility that it will be an enhanced port of Smash Wii U...
  • Smash Bros has always being target for wide audiences (Regardless of it being a competitive game or not) so Nintendo may tone down the rating to boost the sales (Which sometimes helps)
  • Smash Bros has done censorship before, there is a chance where some characters will have changes to suit the rating.
  • Sakurai has expressed how frustrated he was with the CERO rating...

I have did my best to bring up points on both sides fairly... I aware I bring up less points for the E10+... so since most user here who is on the side that Smash Switch will be E10+, please give me more points (Better if it's actual strong points, personal opinions won't be accepted)

I still have to point out... these are merely speculation, until we see actual gameplay and content, no one is right at this point.

D

Deleted member

Last night was quite a memorable night for me playing Fate/Grand Order, and when I mean, I mean one of my best Fate/GO experiences thus far.

I accumulated a total of 192 Saint Quartz in preparation for the Jalter banner. Hearing about how good of an offensive unit she is, I wanted to pull one for myself.

First summoning session, I was getting nothing but three-star Craft Essences and 3-star servants, but on the first summon, the most shocking thing happened...

I pulled Jalter!!!!

What made this even more shocking that this was only the first 30 Saint Quartz I used of the 192 I had, and I got her on the 5th summon! I thought pulling Francis Drake out of a single summoning ticket a few weeks ago was my luckiest moment in Fate/Grand Order, but this one definitely takes the cake for my luckiest and best Fate/GO moment thus far.

I also had several friends who encouraged me to use my Saint Quartz on the spot to see my reactions whether or not I would pull Jalter with the Saint Quartz I had. You can imagine how they and I reacted the moment the Avenger card appeared!

Since I managed to pull Jalter this early on, I have 164 Saint Quartz left to spare at the moment. I'm probably going to hang on to them in preparation for Beach Tamamo and Merlin, though I might give the Cu Chulainn Alterbanner to try to see if I'll get Cu Chulainn Alter.

As for my Jalter, she has already reached her 1st Ascension and is currently Level 54. I don't know how quickly I can get her to her 3rd Ascension to unlock all her skills, but I'm currently trying to do my best to have her reach that point as soon as possible (as well as hopefully clear out the Hearts of the Foreign God in the Da Vinci event shop because she and a number of my other servants will need it). Now to think of a team for her...
Nice, congrats on the pull.

I personally don't really want Jalter and I doubt I'd even be able to get her with only 52 SQs and 5 Summoning Tickets. Besides, I want to save for King Hassan because Assassin Gramps>>>>>>>>>Edgy Saint Waifu

Also, I don't think I shared this here but I finally got Mordred to her 3rd Ascension. God, Secret of the Pedigree EX is so ****ing good. I'm really discouraged on even trying to pull Artoria now since I've spent so much on Mordred and the only thing the former has over the latter is her animations. Like, it's not even a contest that Secret of the Pedigree>Charisma.
Might try to get her swimsuit variant when that comes out tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom