• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

How do you all feel from Spyro? I never played it before.
Also I am so tired.
Edit: Spyro seems really fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
Also I am so tired.
You never played it and yet you are rocking the Spyro avatar? Between you and me, buddy, it is better than Crash and only the first Jax and Daxter amounts to anything Spyro has accomplished. Those games are fun af and probably still the best Playstation exclusives. Not that they are exclusive any longer, but you get the point.

D

Deleted member

its just tap this tap that and make some combo using cards.

idk i thought its stupid, so i didnt even get to summon anything lol. I'll give it another go later....only because of characters...
Isn't that literally every RPG ever though?

But for real, there's a lot of depth with the Cards and their combinations as everything from Card order and chains affect the combat. Then there are Skills and Noble Phantasms and CEs. It's a lot of fun when you get into it.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Also I am so tired.
Terrified.

Nah, honestly speaking, I never played any Spyro game (same goes for Cresh), so, I don't know how I would feel playing it, I grew up with Rayman more than anything else.

Also, go to sleep then.

Morbi

Scavenger
That's a tough one. Shadow I want the most, but Metal Sonic is still one of my favorites. Hrm. I went for Shadow in the end.
I feel the same way, my man. I have no idea why, but after years of not really wanting Shadow for whatever reason, it just hit me... I do want him. I feel as though I just kept the thought out of my mind to avoid disappointment. However, I would take Metal Sonic as well. Easily. Best case scenario, we get one as a costume and the other as a character.

Chrono.

I just remembered they announced a Medievil remake like ages ago.

We know less about that one than this.

Morbi

Scavenger
i played a few of the games when i was younger like around 8, remember the games being really fun but haven't touched one for over a decade
There is a good reason for that, they have not even developed a Spyro game for about a decade unless you count Skylanders nonsense. Not that the ones right before they stopped were particularly great, mind you. Just saying, it has been a long time since the series peaked.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I feel the same way, my man. I have no idea why, but after years of not really wanting Shadow for whatever reason, it just hit me... I do want him. I feel as though I just kept the thought out of my mind to avoid disappointment. However, I would take Metal Sonic as well. Easily. Best case scenario, we get one as a costume and the other as a character.
Neither work well as costumes, outside of light references(like the Daisy costume for Peach). They have too many different animations. I could certainly see them making great partial clones, being retooled from Sonic in the same way Wolf was. There's enough similarities but unique abilities to justify this. It helps these two are quite popular(as are many in the Sonic series, as there's also Blaze, Amy, Knuckles, Tails, and Eggman for the other frontrunners. Maybe not Blaze as much? Amy could be slightly lower too).

Morbi

Scavenger
Neither work well as costumes, outside of light references(like the Daisy costume for Peach). They have too many different animations. I could certainly see them making great partial clones, being retooled from Sonic in the same way Wolf was. There's enough similarities but unique abilities to justify this. It helps these two are quite popular(as are many in the Sonic series, as there's also Blaze, Amy, Knuckles, Tails, and Eggman for the other frontrunners. Maybe not Blaze as much? Amy could be slightly lower too).
Just wishful thinking on my part. I just want some Sonic content outside of Sonic, because I hate his move-set.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just wishful thinking on my part. I just want some Sonic content outside of Sonic, because I hate his move-set.
His neutral A combo should be from Sonic Battle, with the Punch, Kick, Kick, Dance Kick thing. >.>

His Down B and Side B could certainly use more differences, though they do have different uses, the issue is how similar they are.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ilia has a neat design and the Blake short put her in an interesting light.
Drunk Qrow revealing Ozpin/Oscar was great.
"CAN'T A GIRL READ HER COMICS IN PEACE?"
Lionheart you sniveling coward.
Raven abducted Weiss. Yang's gonna be pissed.
Adam killed Sienna. RIP Awesome Design Lady.
Weiss dabbed during her fight with the lancers right before she launched the cargo at them. Don't think I didn't see that, Weiss.
RIP Pilot.
Hazel's looking like he's gonna defect. I'm liking him so far.
**** Watts though. Mustachioed creep.

Chrono.

His neutral A combo should be from Sonic Battle, with the Punch, Kick, Kick, Dance Kick thing. >.>

His Down B and Side B could certainly use more differences, though they do have different uses, the issue is how similar they are.
Project M Sonic taking stuff from Battle is partially why I like him so much there.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm coming for that robotic booty-- I mean, hi.
I have literally no idea what this means; however, it reminds me when my sister and I run cheese comp in Overwatch, she always chases my Orisa down with the hammer and smacks her ass. It has definitely given me a different impression of Toblerone.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Project M Sonic taking stuff from Battle is partially why I like him so much there.
He at least has his Down Air, which is near identical to Shadow's Air Attack, called Shadow Rocket, though he and Sonic use similar animations to a degree, including the type of kick(and Sonic's is named Sonic Rocket).

That's the only Battle reference I see at all. I was hoping he'd at least have his Projectile attack from it, or maybe the Bounce Attack from Adventure 2.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Strange, why did you type it then? I cannot hear very well over text UNLESS YOU USE YOUR CAPS LOCK.
I transformed my voice into text via Google type (or whatever the **** its called).

Sometimes typing is annoying.

EDIT: Maybe I should drink elsewhere.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ghira4President
**** you too, Ilia, you radicalized lizard.
Ghira better not die or I riot.
Spring Maiden's name is Vernal, fittingly.
TINY ARMORED ICE GUY.
Ozpin/Oscar continues to be great.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I only played the first Spyro on the Playstation and lemme tell you...his game was very good for a PS1 game. It sucks he went from the the PS glory days to....Skylander

REVIVE HIM FROM THE DEAD DAMMIT

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I only played the first Spyro on the Playstation and lemme tell you...his game was very good for a PS1 game. It sucks he went from the the PS glory days to....Skylander

REVIVE HIM FROM THE DEAD DAMMIT
I don't know if you heard, Crush, but uhh.. there's an he remake of the first 3 games coming this year.

D

Deleted member

Why am I not allowed to make fun of these sorts of posts

Take #2.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I don't know if you heard, Crush, but uhh.. there's an he remake of the first 3 games coming this year.
I follow the news pretty well so yes I'm fully aware :)

At least I'd finally get my hands on the latter two games

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I know basically everyone in this thread is familiar with Source Gaming, but I feel this video REALLY needs some attention. It touches on a major misconception the fandom tends to have (that I've addressed myself in the past; though I've said it in regard to characters like Crash/Marx/FE Switch hero/Gen 8 Pokemon), as well as brings forth some points that have changed my mind about certain characters.

Highly recommend giving it a watch, even though it's a bit of a long video.

Just watched it, I definitely agree with the majority of their points, particularly on the timing of the original project plan and what it could mean for characters like Elma and Rex/Pyra.

One thing they did bring up that I didn't think of was the possibility that they redrafted the project plan sometime during Fall 2016. If the game was a port that got upgraded, it would make sense to create an updated plan for their schedule and present it to Nintendo, and that may cause some shifts in what will be present in the game. While it may not mean anything for games that came out after that time (ex. mid-late Switch games may still miss the boat character-wise regardless), it could push things forward in a way that allows for characters from mid-late 2016 to be put in when they were otherwise overlooked.

Nintendo just wanted to feel included...

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The winner is Shadow the Hedgehog, once against proving he is a massive fan favorite. Blaze was second, Silver was third, and Metal Sonic came last.

Next will be a villain centric Sonic poll, including a certain scientist. Your choices are Dr Eggman, Infinite, Zavok, and Chaos Zero.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Begin.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
She'd still have a fundamentally different style of gameplay from Robin, both are the same in that they'd be spellswords, but that's kind of it, since Robin has resource management spellsword, Celica is a cast from the hit points spell sword, so she would have to be built differently.
I'm sure they could make an interesting moveset. But I'm also certain they could've made Chrom interesting, too, if they actually gave it a shot.

I also don't really think Echoes necessitates a playable character in Smash. No other character was added into Smash entirely because of a remake. Even with Intelligent Systems whispering in Sakurai's ear constantly, I think Smash 5 is the likeliest we'll ever be to not have a new Fire Emblem rep. We got the latest original protagonist in Smash 4's DLC, so I think we're all set.

I mean, I won't be surprised if FE does get a character, and if it did, I do think it'd be someone from Echoes (there's not really any other viable option; can't see them going back to an even older game or using characters from spinoffs like Heroes and Warriors). I just think now's the perfect opportunity to ease up on Fire Emblem and put some work into franchises that need additional representation more.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yang is a badass. What else is new?
Ooooh Yang and Raven drama.
The entirety of Weiss and Yang first meeting up was hilarious. Yang decked a goon into next week and revealed the cage she was in, Weiss says to hell with subtlety and busts out.
"Your mom kidnapped me?"
"
You kidnapped her?!"
D'aww the ending.

Also are we just gonna ignore the fact that Nora found out about her semblance by getting struck by lightning and not dying? Jesus, Nora.

Come to think of it, do any of the other characters have named weapons? Or is Ruby's Crescent Rose the only one that does? I don't think any other names were mentioned.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
All that's left is for an amiibo to leak or something.

That, or something from 2 or 3 lol. Basically every other box has been checked.
:061:
Imagine a Spyro and crash amiibo. Those would be pretty sweet. I would love a crash one specifically. I’ve never played Spyro outside of the crash crossover but I’ve liked the character. So I would probably buy an amiibo and I’m checking out the remaster when it released. It’s coming out around my birthday which is cool too.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Imagine a Spyro and crash amiibo. Those would be pretty sweet. I would love a crash one specifically. I’ve never played Spyro outside of the crash crossover but I’ve liked the character. So I would probably buy an amiibo and I’m checking out the remaster when it released. It’s coming out around my birthday which is cool too.
We already have Crash and Spyro amiibo. It's called Sklyanders.

I'll let myself to the door

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom