• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The only Disney character that matters

Tho Scrooge McDuck and Wreck-It Ralph are also pretty valid

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Bayonetta was promoted alongside Peach and other more prominent Nintendo starts as a Nintendo lady during March of that year Bayo 2 came out.

You also have a bit of bubble effect going on man. Go outside this board and you'll see that Bayonetta is HUGE in the Nintendo fanbase. Even before her inclusion into Smash she was the talk of the town.

When Bayo 2 was announced as many people were going ''Why Nintendo though?" there were as many going ''THANK YOU BASED NINTENDO!"

She's not a mega-watt hit, but she's certainly cult status and big enough in Nintendo's playerbase that it makes sense she did as well in the ballot as she did. And if she hadn't I'm sure she'd be in Smash in this next installment considering I think Bayo 3 was always something that Nintendo was invested in before Smash gave her an even extra little boost.
Bayonetta being promoted, scratch that, any character being promoted the year they have a game release should surprise nobody. Nintendo promoted her in a way to endear Nintendo fans, and it worked, but it doesn't make her a big name.

Go outside any boards and you'll see Bayonetta is not huge among people who buy games. All boards are bubbles. All internet fanbases of major products are bubbles. Bayonetta games are niche.

I'm not arguing Bayonetta doesn't have fans, or that she didn't win the ballot, or that her inclusion wasn't justified based on the terms which led to her addition. I'm saying she's not in the big leagues, and while there remain applicable candidates, I'd rather support a third-party character that could get included at any point in time, because of the clout the character carries.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If eggman got in, I want to see a codec like system with him and his two robot companions where he talks trash about the other characters.
Heck, give me a Sonic codec anyway.

Mix and match codecs. Whatever. Have Sakurai write everything and then make Aaron Webber rewrite a rough approximation of the English translation.

Eggman can be the Viridi of the Sonic stage and just sassblast at everyone without actually having the guts to show up.

*EDIT* Also bonus points if Eggman and Viridi actually legit get into a fight.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly I think the biggest problem with Sora is that you can do him without referencing most of the Disney stuff in Kingdom Hearts.

However the problem lies in you simply can't do Sora without referencing Goofy and Donald somewhere in his moveset.

And seeing as Goofy and Donald are OG Disney Icons of Mickey stature there's no real leeway with Disney there. That's most likely why they're so strict with him. Sora's bond with those two is the core of the Kingdom Hearts games.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Geez that little? I'd have expected the Caster-like animations to have been updated at least because they're ****ing terrible.

Also, I don't get why they just don't release those animations already on NA, it's not like they'll ruin game balance or anything, I just want Kojiro with his beautiful animations.
I certainly hope they change the Caster animations, especially for the non-Casters, considering how boring they are and how awesome they made Carmilla.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3bPXo--Uzo
-Marie, Martha, Mata Hari, and Kiyohime can definitely use non-Caster animations.
-Ushiwakamaru, Mephistopheles, Darius III and Jekyll/Hyde can also use new animations, considering they were used as faces for Grand Order.
-As mentioned, Siegfried, Atalante, Spartacus and Shakesphere need new animations for Apocrypha(here's hoping they come with the Apocrypha event)
-Hans Anderson, Nursery Rhyme and Lu Bu should get animation updates with the next Extra event, considering they gave Drake, Robin and Elizabeth theirs with the first Extra CCC Event.
-Mozart needs one to compliment Lostbelt 1 Avenger.
-Lancelot and Gilles should get one, especially as they have plenty material from Zero to work with.
-Romulus needs one considering he's supposed to be legendary and he was mentioned in Extra as being one of the top Servants. Heck, they even regret making him a 3-star Lancer and giving him not-so-good treatment in Septem. Give us an interlude to increase his Star Level and make him the Legend he is. Seriously, give the Rome servants, that aren't Nero, some much needed attention.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Heck, give me a Sonic codec anyway.

Mix and match codecs. Whatever. Have Sakurai write everything and then make Aaron Webber rewrite a rough approximation of the English translation.

Eggman can be the Viridi of the Sonic stage and just sassblast at everyone without actually having the guts to show up.

*EDIT* Also bonus points if Eggman and Viridi actually legit get into a fight.
having multiple codecs be triggered at once and eggman fighting with everyone else would actually be hilarious. I fully support this idea

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I have some Splatoon ideas for Smash:
  • When there's one minute left in a timed match on a Splatoon stage, "Now or Never!" plays
  • On certain situations, either the Squid Sisters or Off the Hook performs on a Splatoon stage (like K.K. Slider on Animal Crossing stages)
  • Inkling's victory pose should have Judd beside them
  • After the Inkling's victory these plays, the Splatoon results them plays (similar situation to Cloud)

D

Deleted member

I certainly hope they change the Caster animations, especially for the non-Casters, considering how boring they are and how awesome they made Carmilla.
Holy **** those Carmilla animations are so ****ing good. I know I won't burn her if I ever get one then.
Romulus needs one considering he's supposed to be legendary and he was mentioned in Extra as being one of the top Servants. Heck, they even regret making him a 3-star Lancer and giving him not-so-good treatment in Septem. Give us an interlude to increase his Star Level and make him the Legend he is. Seriously, give the Rome servants, that aren't Nero, some much needed attention.
I think rarity ascension would open a can of worms they wouldn't want to deal with. Mash undergoes one but she's the exception of exceptions on how she works due to being the main Servant.

I mean, I know I wouldn't rest until Kojiro and Cu got rarity upgrades then.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Rin killing the Nuckalavee was one of the best moments in the series IMO. Also the SS RiNora as set sail and left the Platonic Harbor.

Also I realized I was blindsided. This whole time I thought to look at the Oz references in the wrong way. I mean, Ozpin and Glynda were incredibly obvious, but now true lineup is incredibly clear.

All because of the introduction of Lionheart. That confirmed my suspicion that Qrow was the Scarecrow, but also made my dumb ass realize IRONWOOD is the Tin (Wood)Man. It's right in his name too, never mind the fact that he's a cyborg.

And then Salem is the Wicked Witch.

And still with Ruby and Zwei as Dorothy and Toto, though. Ruby Slippers, short dog whose name means two.

I only have one volume left, plus the Chibi series.

You finished 4 seasons in the time it took me to finish like 3 episodes of S4. . .
Also I realized I was blindsided. This whole time I thought to look at the Oz references in the wrong way. I mean, Ozpin and Glynda were incredibly obvious, but now true lineup is incredibly clear.

All because of the introduction of Lionheart. That confirmed my suspicion that Qrow was the Scarecrow, but also made my dumb *** realize IRONWOOD is the Tin (Wood)Man. It's right in his name too, never mind the fact that he's a cyborg.

And still with Ruby and Zwei as Dorothy and Toto, though. Ruby Slippers, short dog whose name means two.
WHAT THE **** DID I JUST SAY
Please stop blowing my mind please

:061:
WHY AM I SO DENSE AND UNOBSERVANT
:062:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Or, you know

We could build a little country house with a garage in the back, plant a garden full of sunflowers here, maybe some palm trees. . .
We could always redirect Tails to the other Smash-like game as a consolation prize.

D

Deleted member

All because of the introduction of Lionheart. That confirmed my suspicion that Qrow was the Scarecrow, but also made my dumb *** realize IRONWOOD is the Tin (Wood)Man. It's right in his name too, never mind the fact that he's a cyborg.

I only have one volume left, plus the Chibi series.
I'm gonna join Zeb in the "how the **** did I not notice this before?" club

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
We could always redirect Tails to the other Smash-like game as a consolation prize.
What other Smash-like game? He's not an indie character.

. . .Wait. Was it. . .something about. . .some Sony thing where all the characters get into ridiculous arguments and you have to use supers to kill? What was it called again, Playstation. . .Wal-Mart. . .Babble Toy Aisle? Naaaah, that can't be it. That's never getting a sequel. :troll:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
People act as if for Tails to get in the roster he has to meet King K. Rool in a dark alley and shank him with a switch blade then turn to Ridley and slit his throat.

That's not how it works.
Maybe not, but...that's a hell of a thought.

Brb.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
What other Smash-like game? He's not an indie character.

. . .Wait. Was it. . .something about. . .some Sony thing where all the characters get into ridiculous arguments and you have to use supers to kill? What was it called again, Playstation. . .Wal-Mart. . .Babble Toy Aisle? Naaaah, that can't be it. That's never getting a sequel. :troll:
Microsoft Megamasters

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
It's not her third party-ness that's worthy, it's that she's a sacrifice to the Smash Fandom volcano.
Brb writing about the Smash Fandom Volcano.

Also bonus points if Eggman and Viridi actually legit get into a fight.
They're fighting on top of the Smash Fandom Volcano I can see it now.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Also, yeah, Opo has taught us RWBY fans how to RWBY while watching the show for the first time.

It's actually amazing and I love it :laugh:

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ayy, that happened on my burpday. It was a nice sentiment from the N. :colorful:
I was in my class at the time...
And I didn't have smartphone as well too back then lol.
that is some gorgeous art..
Fan of Sailor Moon? Fan of Pro Jared? You're in luck:
Also, if your going to state the spoiler, kindly put it in a spoiler tag.
And specify which chapter of you are going to spoil Xenoblade Chronicles 2 stuff thank you.
Probably Xenoblade 2.
Probably just in the trophy section...

Sheik was the original Smash spoiler.

Now it feels like not spoiling something would be breaking tradition, lol.
To be fair, the stuff that spoiled were pretty old. ..
Sheik was on Smash years later after her game was out, same with Lucas sane with Xenoblade.... So I think Sakurai will only spoil are the games that have came out years later before the inclusion of Smash. .
I mean you don't see Fire Emblem Awakening spoilers in Smash 4.... wait a minute ...
:4lucina:
. ..
Oh. ..

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I was in my class at the time...
And I didn't have smartphone as well too back then lol.

Fan of Sailor Moon? Fan of Pro Jared? You're in luck:

And specify which chapter of you are going to spoil Xenoblade Chronicles 2 stuff thank you.

Probably just in the trophy section...

To be fair, the stuff that spoiled were pretty old. ..
Sheik was on Smash years later after her game was out, same with Lucas sane with Xenoblade.... So I think Sakurai will only spoil are the games that have came out years later before the inclusion of Smash. .
I mean you don't see Fire Emblem Awakening spoilers in Smash 4.... wait a minute ...
:4lucina:
. ..
Oh. ..
Who said I like ProJared?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I actually had a really dumb idea of something similar.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Going back to the topic of codecs, I had an idea of codecs going back to the moveset I posted in the RTC thread for Andy. It would feature him radioing Nell and other CO's on who he's fighting. Here's a very small snippet of how I think it could go.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
It’s part of that new vr update that launched on the first :p

Steve I can kind of understand. I still want Sora though.
he was in parks briefly one year for Halloween but they didn’t use a real person but instead a pretty horrible looking costume. As for merch, there’s plenty of it for kingdom hearts and I’m pretty sure the Sora costumes I’ve seen are Disney licensed but I could be wrong. I wouldn’t say Sora is impossible. After all Sakurai got cloud and snake, both characters that don’t couldn’t even get for their fighting game. That’s speaks a ton for Sakurai’s influences and abilities. If he was deemed worthy of representing two iconic gaming characters when their respective co company couldn’t, then I think Disney could easily lend Sora if Sakurai asked. It would just be a matter of if Sakurai wanted him. If anyone could get him, it would be Sakurai.
No amount of Sakurai magic can break Disney IP protection, and possible heavy dislike my Nintendo Execs after the stunt Disney tried to pull after they bought the rights to the Super Mario Bros movie, which has led to a rather cold relationship.

Who needs Sora? I know a Disney game character that's way cooler and more deserving.
Who the hell is this?

Also I doubt we'll ever see a 2nd character rep from any 3rd party series in Smash cause each characterpretty effectively covers the gameplay style of that game.

And this is pretty much why we'd never see Tails in Smash, yeah I know he could be unique, Tails Adventure and all that, but that doesn't change the fact Sakurai likes to adapt characters usual gameplay style into Smash, which would most likely mean at best Tails would end up as a Semi-clone of Sonic.

Though I could see Final Fantasy get a 2nd rep, since Cloud uses Limit Break gameplay style of FFVII another character, say Terra could work, since she would be using FFVI magic for a moveset, though still unlikely since Final Fantasy, even if it has different mechanics in each game still has the same foundation in each.

Also I hate to be that guy, but if Smash adds to many 3rd party characters it runs the risk of falling into development hell, cause of all the right holdersthat need to approve stuff first. Also although people now say Smash should become a game that represents all gaming history, since Cloud was added, and not one that focused heavly on Nintendo,if this was to happen, you would efectively have to say good-bye to charcters like Shulk, Ike, Ness, Wario (since its Warioware Wario and not spin-off Mario Wario) and some others, since Smash would no longer have the theming of Nintendo IP fighter, so they wouldn't fit anymore.

Also should I watch Fates and start watching RWBY again?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Man did this thread die all of sudden?

There's hasn't been any posts in the past 10 minutes lol.

I think my least favorite thing about constantly changing avatars is that no mater how much I love one it sont last long. Loving this Gilgamesh one, but I would be shocked if it lasts until Sunday.
Also should I watch Fates and start watching RWBY again?
Both at the same time.

Weeb overdose on XC2 and Fate wasn't fatal. You should be fine.
:061:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Screenshot_20180404-223421-01.jpeg

T H O T B E G O N E

you reap what ya sow :V

you didn't think constantly claiming to write those would always get away right?
Well yes actually I did. :V

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom