• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I think they should. Some of them have iconic gaming characters and Smash has ceased to be ''Let's celebrate Nintendo!" It's moved onto celebrate gaming and mostly iconic gaming as a whole.

Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Chun Li, Ken, Zero from Mega Man X, the Black Mage class from Final Fantasy.

All of these are just as iconic to gaming as Sonic, Ryu, Mega Man and Cloud. And I'm sure you could argue for other characters in the Street Fighter, Mega Man and Final Fantasy series as well.
Even if you want to arbitrarily say Mega Man, Street Fighter and Final Fantasy can't get a second rep, Sonic has crossed over with Mario enough times by now that adding Tails to the roster isn't going to make the game feel any less Nintendo-y.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I've never got the ''But my Nintendo!" mindset about third parties in Smash.

Even with Sonic, Pac Man, Mega Man, Cloud, Ryu, and Bayonetta from last game.

6 characters out of 58 people.

As long as they add Nintendo people alongside the third parties. The third parties will always represent such a small percentage of the roster.

Plus Nintendo didn't spend it's days alone with just itself getting to where it is now. Third party support has always helped them and we've always seen how it hurts them as a company when they don't have it.

Long story short. Support more iconic third party gaming icons in Smash. Or hell just support ones that are blowing up right now like Bayonetta.

They're not here to ruin the Nintendo feel. They're here to enhance it.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I have now beaten Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep- A Fragmentary Passage. Overall, it was pretty fun, if a little bit short.
I do feel kind of sad that this means that I'm done with the series, though. Playing the game did make me make me appreciate Aqua more as a character and made me more excited for whenever Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out, though!

And since it was my first time playing through all of the KH games, I will post my full thoughts on the series sometime soon.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don’t think 3rd party series shoukd get more than 1 character representation.
Honestly "reps" are one of the dumber concepts in speculation. Not because it doesn't exist at all, but because the fandom has such a warped view of how it works, when it applies, and why it's there that it might as well not exist.

And I mean, other than Tails no, but that has nothing to do with how much the franchises "deserve more characters" and everything to do with the fact that everyone that isn't Tails is pleb tier.

D

Deleted member

This thread: Tails and Knuckles are the best options for Sonic newcomers. Shadow also exists.

Me, an intellectual:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

As long as they add Nintendo people alongside the third parties. The third parties will always represent such a small percentage of the roster.

Plus Nintendo didn't spend it's days alone with just itself getting to where it is now. Third party support has always helped them and we've always seen how it hurts them as a company when they don't have it.

Long story short. Support more iconic third party gaming icons in Smash. Or hell just support ones that are blowing up right now like Bayonetta.

Support who you want to support. If people enjoy Smash for its culmination of Nintendo's pantheon, I understand why they aren't big on third parties. As long as they don't expect third-parties to get the boot or decrease in presence, I don't take issue with them simply wanting a minimal aggregate of outside characters.

Personally I'm fine with third parties, but "supporting ones that are blowing up right now like Bayonetta"? Nothing against Bayo specifically, but I'd rather support the ones with long, storied, established and respected histories like the other six.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
People act as if for Tails to get in the roster he has to meet King K. Rool in a dark alley and shank him with a switch blade then turn to Ridley and slit his throat.

That's not how it works.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

When Sakurai gives you six third-party characters:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think Tails or Eggman have earned a spot in smash.

Who doesn't want to see mario and luigi vs the second most iconic gaming duo, sonic and tails. Or have mario and sonic fight bowser and eggman?

It be hype matches to create in smash and easy selling points imo.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Bayonetta is a little different than most ''blowing up right now" gaming characters because of her very close Nintendo ties.

I think if we were to get more third party franchises that are huge on Nintendo systems and only Nintendo systems and they were similar situations to hers? They should definitely be given at a least a look at for consideration in Smash.

Like the series seems dead now but Square had the Braverly series and people really seemed to respond to that series for a while.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
People act as if for Tails to get in the roster he has to meet King K. Rool in a dark alley and shank him with a switch blade then turn to Ridley and slit his throat.

That's not how it works.
No kidding. People go slotslotslotslotslotslotslotreprepreprepslotslotslot so much they don't even think about how each character might impact another logically.

Although if Tails did slit K. Rool's throat in an alley with a Switch blade it'd be popcorn worthy.

Chrono.

No kidding. People go slotslotslotslotslotslotslotreprepreprepslotslotslot so much they don't even think about how each character might impact another logically.

Although if Tails did slit K. Rool's throat in an alley with a Switch blade it'd be popcorn worthy.
Didn't know they made an Assassin's Creed Joycon.

D

Deleted member

I'm cool with 3rd parties but please keep Sora and Minecraft Steve out of the game

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm cool with 3rd parties but please keep Sora and Minecraft Steve out of the game
Why these two specifically?

I'm fine with either, but don't see Sora happening because

Which I'll never understand why they have a say in his direction.

They've never capitalized on his iconic gaming status with Merchandise in Disney stores or added him to Disney Parks or even did a Kingdom Hearts TV series or movie like they would with anyone else they have their hands on.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Honestly, Sora getting in Smash would be the most mind-blowing thing ever.

Even if only because Disney is so damn protective of Sora than not even their own IPs are allowed to have him (like Disney Infinity)

D

Deleted member

I diont dislike 3rd Parties in Smash but I think there's a limit to them. Smash 4 is already walking on a fine line imo.
I don't want nor do I think we should start adding secondary characters from their franchises because that'll be the point guests stop becoming guests. At the end of the day, it IS a Nintendo focused crossover.
None of the other 1/2 Stars have gotten animation updates. And not alot of the Grand Order launch servants have gotten animation updates in general.
The ones that I can remember that did/do get animation updates later are Altera, Elizabeth, Robin hood, Chevalier D'eon, Carmilla and Kintoki. Otherwise, none of the other launch servants(besides the ones from Fate/Stay Night) have gotten updates, despite there being demands for ones like Martha, Marie, Lancelot, and the Apocrypha Servants like Siegfried and Atalante.

I thought I saw somewhere on the GO reddit that mentioned that eventually, all of the Launch servants would get new animation updates, but I haven't been able to find it again, so it's more than possible I might have misread one I passed by too quickly.
Regardless, the Launch Servants do need some new animations, especially the Servants who have gotten some action in other adaptions and whatnot, like the Apocrypha servants, Lancelot, Caster Gilles, etc. I'm also surprised that Kiyohime has not yet gotten an animation update, considering how popular she is, yet Chevalier D'eon and Carmilla have gotten one before her.
Geez that little? I'd have expected the Caster-like animations to have been updated at least because they're ****ing terrible.

Also, I don't get why they just don't release those animations already on NA, it's not like they'll ruin game balance or anything, I just want Kojiro with his beautiful animations.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Bayonetta is a little different than most ''blowing up right now" gaming characters because of her very close Nintendo ties.

I think if we were to get more third party franchises that are huge on Nintendo systems and only Nintendo systems and they were similar situations to hers? They should definitely be given at a least a look at for consideration in Smash.

Like the series seems dead now but Square had the Braverly series and people really seemed to respond to that series for a while.
You're right, she's in a rare situation, but had it happened five years earlier, three years earlier... or now... she wouldn't be in Smash. I'd like to support the characters that could get into Smash regardless of the timing of a single title.

Because here's the thing. Her games aren't huge, they're just famously exclusive. If they were huge, whether they were exclusive or not, I think you'd have a stronger argument. I just think a third-party, even one with very close ties to Nintendo, ought to have a bit more on their resume than one exclusive title before being able to rub elbows in company with the existing five giants of gaming who carry merit beyond advantageous timing.

Nintendo characters have moved past the point where the focus resides on the cream of the crop, but I think there's still room for third-parties with pedigree greater than the ranks of "you just had a game on the Switch and therefore will be popular for the next x months, good enough!".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They've never capitalized on his iconic gaming status with Merchandise in Disney stores or added him to Disney Parks or even did a Kingdom Hearts TV series or movie like they would with anyone else they have their hands on.
Because I don't like them, no other reason
There are probably some more that I wouldn't like but there's no point in mentioning them because they don't have a lot of support (and one of them seems like a literal joke suggestion)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It took me til just now that the order of Salem's lackeys in the intro spells out WTCH. Salem Witch Trials.

Also the subtitles made me realize something. They said "Grumpy Klein." Klein is Weiss's seven dwarfs all in one short, mustachioed, multi-personality-having man. So glad he helped her escape.

Blake got delivered a much-needed speech by Sun. Good stuff. Also Kali is Best Mom. Ghira remains Best Dad. Also HELL YEAH TAKING BACK THE WHITE FANG.

REN BETTER NOT DIE AVENGING HIS DAD, DAMMIT.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
For the record, Tails is like, literally the ONLY exception to me not really having investment in any conceivable character that could be added to Smash. It's just that the internet bashes Sonic and non-Sonic characters specifically so hard both in a regular and Smash context that I typically just crawl into a dark corner and forego having any functional hope.

Give me an excuse to crawl out and start rallying ANYWAY, though. . .

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Bayonetta was promoted alongside Peach and other more prominent Nintendo stars as a Nintendo lady during March of that year Bayo 2 came out.

You also have a bit of bubble effect going on man. Go outside this board and you'll see that Bayonetta is HUGE in the Nintendo fanbase. Even before her inclusion into Smash she was the talk of the town.

When Bayo 2 was announced as many people were going ''Why Nintendo though?" there were as many going ''THANK YOU BASED NINTENDO!"

She's not a mega-watt hit, but she's certainly cult status and big enough in Nintendo's playerbase that it makes sense she did as well in the ballot as she did. And if she hadn't I'm sure she'd be in Smash in this next installment considering I think Bayo 3 was always something that Nintendo was invested in before Smash gave her an even extra little boost.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I diont dislike 3rd Parties in Smash but I think there's a limit to them. Smash 4 is already walking on a fine line imo.
I don't want nor do I think we should start adding secondary characters from their franchises because that'll be the point guests stop becoming guests. At the end of the day, it IS a Nintendo focused crossover.
Or, you know

We could build a little country house with a garage in the back, plant a garden full of sunflowers here, maybe some palm trees. . .

D

Deleted member

Or, you know

We could build a little country house with a garage in the back, plant a garden full of sunflowers here, maybe some palm trees. . .
What
I mean, I'm not saying no to your proposal, I gotta say, it is tempting, but still, what!?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Didn't know they made an Assassin's Creed Joycon.
It’s part of that new vr update that launched on the first :p
Steve I can kind of understand. I still want Sora though.

he was in parks briefly one year for Halloween but they didn’t use a real person but instead a pretty horrible looking costume. As for merch, there’s plenty of it for kingdom hearts and I’m pretty sure the Sora costumes I’ve seen are Disney licensed but I could be wrong. I wouldn’t say Sora is impossible. After all Sakurai got cloud and snake, both characters that don’t couldn’t even get for their fighting game. That’s speaks a ton for Sakurai’s influences and abilities. If he was deemed worthy of representing two iconic gaming characters when their respective co company couldn’t, then I think Disney could easily lend Sora if Sakurai asked. It would just be a matter of if Sakurai wanted him. If anyone could get him, it would be Sakurai.

D

Deleted member

I don't really care if 3rd party franchises get a second character or not, but I'm also not OPPOSED to the idea.
If Sonic gets one then I'd definetly want them to be Eggman. There's so much you can do with him that the 3 furry dudes wish they could do.

Chrono.

Sonic and Mega Man would be fine with second characters.

Anyone else other than maybe Final Fantasy would be pushing it. Imo anyway.

D

Deleted member

I still want Sora though.
You can support whatever character you want. I despise Sora and his franchise but I don't really care if people want him.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Also the subtitles made me realize something. They said "Grumpy Klein." Klein is Weiss's seven dwarfs all in one short, mustachioed, multi-personality-having man. So glad he helped her escape.
I never realized it before now, but it makes so much sense, especially with Weiss being Snow White.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If eggman got in, I want to see a codec like system with him and his two robot companions where he talks trash about the other characters.

D

Deleted member

If eggman got in, I want to see a codec like system with him and his two robot companions where he talks trash about the other characters.
I haven't thought about that until now and I'm disappointed at myself because of it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Give me Sora if only for the fact you can get the fact that Donald Duck is one of the ****test healers in gaming history in Smash.

Give him like a 40 percent chance that he heals Sora's enemies or himself instead of Sora in Sora's Final Smash.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Why are we arguing like the reason Bayo got in doesn't start and end at her winning the Ballot?

She's in Smash because people really, really like her.

The argument is a moot point. She was the highest choice in a popularity contest overall that wasn't downright infeasible. That's a justification entirely outside of the debate going down here in the first place. She functionally doesn't even apply in terms of analysis of what makes a third party character worthy of being in Smash. It's not her third party-ness that's worthy, it's that she's a sacrifice to the Smash Fandom volcano.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You can support whatever character you want. I despise Sora and his franchise but I don't really care if people want him.
I can respect that and agree. Everyone has the right to want whoever they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom