• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Dang paranoia........
I have a paranoia some stupid loser is going to steal my identity and you all will truly find me cringy.... O_O

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
OH GOD I TAKE IT ALL BACK THE FINALE MADE EVERYTHING WORSE.

D

Deleted member

Off-topic, but the F-Zero GX cut-scenes were actually not bad.
The voice acting was horrendous though.
Captain Falcon sounded like a 17 year old's bad attempt at acting like Batman from the Dark Knight series.
Dark Shadow sounds way too casual for a villain. He sounds like some narrator or something, or a regular 30 year old guy.
Deathborn sounds like some mad scientist with a lot of saliva in their mouth.
:lol:
OH GOD I TAKE IT ALL BACK THE FINALE MADE EVERYTHING WORSE.
Oh.....
Should I watch RWBY? Please tell me..
Oh Shiny, you're already truly cringey :troll:
I am sorry.
Why are you trolling me like this?

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

It's been already 4 years that the hypest Direct to date has been announced.

(You can criticize Facebook but it has at least some useful features that Twitter is still lacking.)
Ayy, that happened on my burpday. It was a nice sentiment from the N. :colorful:
o.o You are gonna to make your army of NonSpecifics rise again?

.3. Also, NSG, your current profile pic is SO PRETTY!
Thanks! It’s actually a commission from a very talented artist on Twitter!

Morbi

Scavenger
Captain Falcon sounded like a 17 year old's bad attempt at acting like Batman from the Dark Knight series.
Dark Shadow sounds way too casual for a villain. He sounds like some narrator or something, or a regular 30 year old guy.

Oh.....

I am sorry.
Personally, I never trust people's opinion on voice acting unless the original source was English. Why? Because weebs exist. Those people actually believe that the Japanese dub of Dragon Ball Z is somehow better. I just remember, during the Battle of Z movie, King Kai is being overly expressive, he is swaying left and right, sweating, and animated to be yelling, and yet, in the Japanese version, the voice is cool as a cucumber.

People actually believe that Goku's heroic voice is somehow worse than a grandmothers... What? I am not biased, sometimes I prefer Japanese, sometimes I prefer English, it depends on the QUALITY OF THE VO. But you know what does not matter to weebs? The QUALITY OF THE VO. They just care about what language it is spoken in.

D

Deleted member

Personally, I never trust people's opinion on voice acting unless the original source was English. Why? Because weebs exist. Those people actually believe that the Japanese dub of Dragon Ball Z is somehow better. I just remember, during the Battle of Z movie, King Kai is being overly expressive, he is swaying left and right, sweating, and animated to be yelling, and yet, in the Japanese version, the voice is cool as a cucumber.

People actually believe that Goku's heroic voice is somehow worse than a grandmothers... What? I am not biased, sometimes I prefer Japanese, sometimes I prefer English, it depends on the QUALITY OF THE VO. But you know what does not matter to weebs? The QUALITY OF THE VO. They just care about what language it is spoken in.
You went way off-topic. I was talking about the voices in F-Zero GX. :falconmelee:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The one thing I'm hoping for is that Cinder's last thoughts were of Pyrrha. Hopefully Ruby's attack was sudden enough for her to still be thinking about Pyrrah. Maybe then Pyrrha can still be kind of alive as the essence of fall without having a physical body. That's...assuming Cinder was killed.

I'm just still in denial that she's dead, dammit. She did kinda turn to dust after all. Everything has taught me that if there's no body there's still a chance...right? PyrrhaxJaune was adorable. They were both so pure. God damn it I didn't want her to die.

And now Ozpin might die. Everyone I love is dying, dammit. Not even RWBY has plot immunity considering Yang lost her arm. Now Weiss has to face her dad, too, and Blake's off who knows where. And now Ruby, Jaune, Ren, and Nora are off on a big old perilous journey and I'm just so dead inside.

Like god damn one minute I'm laughing at Blake being hilarious with a bowl of fish and the next minute I'm sobbing because half my favorites are dead.

At least Weiss summoned the Right Arm of the Forbidden One and Velvet got to be a genuine badass. Watch Velvet die next now that I said that. Leave the British rabbit alone.

And now I'm gonna start Volume Four because I hate myself.

Morbi

Scavenger
You went way off-topic. I was talking about the voices in F-Zero GX. :falconmelee:
First of all, there is no topic in a social thread. Second of all, read the first sentence, buddy. If there were a topic, I would be on it like white on rice, an expression that sounds vaguely racist given the context of our discussion.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Oh.....

I am sorry.
Try the first season, it's like half an hour total

Because I'm the biggest bully in all the land

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

Man, King Kai's voice actor was 83 when he recorded Battle of Z, and he was in poor health. Cut him some slack. If you ever wondered why King Kai suddenly disappeared in Super it's because Joji Yanami couldn't keep performing the role.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Also Japanese Vegeta is voiced by Captain Falcon, what's not to love about that

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I always preferred Dragon Ball in English. Especially after Dragon Ball Z Kai, huge improvement from most of the returning actors. I can understand why people like the original, seeing as some script changes were more drastic back in the day.

That, and in general Kyle Herbert and Chris Sabat are awesome VA's. Sean Schemmel's Goku can be both goofy and badass.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man, King Kai's voice actor was 83 when he recorded Battle of Z, and he was in poor health. Cut him some slack. If you ever wondered why King Kai suddenly disappeared in Super it's because Joji Yanami couldn't keep performing the role.
Honestly after watching all of Super in Japanese it’s weird hearing Goku, Gohan and Goten not voiced by a grandmother.

Also Vegeta’s japanese voice fits him better.. even his old ocean dub voice I felt fits Vegeta better than the new guy.

Chrono.

Spike from Mario 3/D World/Odyssey is playable in Tennis Aces. Apparently.
RIP King Kai's chances of getting brought back to life.

Though his last appearance was just before the Universe Survival arc, so it wasn't /that/ long ago. Unless I'm mixing my episodes up.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, ****. It is not as though I know his life story. It was just the most jarring example I could think of.

Good evening class. It's time for another lesson.

This time, on irony. We'll be using "The Life of Zeb," and the titular character Zeb as an example for this lesson.

irony: "a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result."

In Chapter 3, Zeb states:
Thuderstorms are just nature's light shows.

Thunderstorms are my favorite type of whether, followed by rain.
:061:
He is also known to love suits. It's something repeated quite frequently. So when Zeb is caught up wearing a suit, and clouds roll in as he walks outside, alarm bells should be going off in your head. So Zeb is forced to run through the raindrops in the suit he loves in the weather he loves. . .miserable.

Compounding this is how this section ends. After finally getting to his car, the rain suddenly stops. Once it can be enjoyed it vanishes. And, while a bit heavy handed, the author adds the cherry on top. The radio is playing "Who Will Stop the Rain," when he starts his car.

The moral of this lesson? The author is an asshole.

Morbi

Scavenger
I always preferred Dragon Ball in English. Especially after Dragon Ball Z Kai, huge improvement from most of the returning actors. I can understand why people like the original, seeing as some script changes were more drastic back in the day.

That, and in general Kyle Herbert and Chris Sabat are awesome VA's. Sean Schemmel's Goku can be both goofy and badass.
Definitely, to me, the series is about Goku and Vegeta, their rivalry and their camaraderie. The Japanese voice actors do not sell me on that aspect of their dynamic. The English ones do. It is really that simple. Oh, and Piccolo. Ah, the beautiful voice of an angel.

It also helps that there are no grandmothers and Trunks, while annoying, is at least toned down compared to whatever the hell they decided to do for Japanese Trunks. Dear God I wanted to wear earmuffs whenever he was around.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Definitely, to me, the series is about Goku and Vegeta, their rivalry and their camaraderie. The Japanese voice actors do not sell me on that aspect of their dynamic. The English ones do. It is really that simple. Oh, and Piccolo. Ah, the beautiful voice of an angel.

It also helps that there are no grandmothers and Trunks, while annoying, is at least toned down compared to whatever the hell they decided to do for Japanese Trunks. Dear God I wanted to wear earmuffs whenever he was around.
Which Trunks though.

Chrono.

I used to dislike Nozawa as Goku years ago but now I think it's the other way around. somewhat. I do like both Schemmel and Nozawa though. As of late in general I'm finding myself preferring the Japanese VA.

Especially in FighterZ where I'm finding some of the English VA grating. There's only so much of surfer dudebro Yamcha I can take before going nuts. Also something something bad lip synching

Lastly, I REALLY liked Nozawa as Goku Black, she killed it there. Same for Shinichiro Miki as Zamasu, he was cool when he needed to, but really turned up the ham when he was going nuts. I feel like their English Dub counterparts haven't been as smooth, though Schemmel is far better as Black now than in the games, same for James Marsters as Zamasu.

That said... Latino dub still da bes.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
The one thing I'm hoping for is that Cinder's last thoughts were of Pyrrha. Hopefully Ruby's attack was sudden enough for her to still be thinking about Pyrrah. Maybe then Pyrrha can still be kind of alive as the essence of fall without having a physical body. That's...assuming Cinder was killed.

I'm just still in denial that she's dead, dammit. She did kinda turn to dust after all. Everything has taught me that if there's no body there's still a chance...right? PyrrhaxJaune was adorable. They were both so pure. God damn it I didn't want her to die.

And now Ozpin might die. Everyone I love is dying, dammit. Not even RWBY has plot immunity considering Yang lost her arm. Now Weiss has to face her dad, too, and Blake's off who knows where. And now Ruby, Jaune, Ren, and Nora are off on a big old perilous journey and I'm just so dead inside.

Like god damn one minute I'm laughing at Blake being hilarious with a bowl of fish and the next minute I'm sobbing because half my favorites are dead.

At least Weiss summoned the Right Arm of the Forbidden One and Velvet got to be a genuine badass. Watch Velvet die next now that I said that. Leave the British rabbit alone.

And now I'm gonna start Volume Four because I hate myself.
That is why I really enjoyed Volume 3. Not because of what happened, but because of the impact the volume has overall.

Morbi

Scavenger
Which Trunks though.
You have to ask? The kid version. Inb4 he is going through health related problems as well.

I used to dislike Nozawa as Goku years ago but now I think it's the other way around. somewhat. I do like both Schemmel and Nozawa though. As of late in general I'm finding myself preferring the Japanese VA.

Especially in FighterZ where I'm finding some of the English VA grating. There's only so much of surfer dudebro Yamcha I can take before going nuts. Also something something bad lip synching

Lastly, I REALLY liked Nozawa as Goku Black, she killed it there. Same for Shinichiro Miki as Zamasu, he was cool when he needed to, but really turned up the ham when he was going nuts. I feel like their English Dub counterparts haven't been as smooth, though Schemmel is far better as Black now than in the games, same for James Marsters as Zamasu.

That said... Latino dub still da bes.
Oh, yeah, as Goku Black, perfect. It would be a great contrast to real Goku.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I found something called a Guiding Ring. When I use it on Lute, she gets the ability to promote.

Should I promote her with this?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The winner of the last Metal Gear poll was none other than Nanomachines, Son Senator Armstrong. Bladewolf and Jetstream Sam had a decent following while nobody wants Sundowner.

Next will be the first and last Pikmin poll focusing on the other captains of the series. Your choices are Charlie, Brittany, Alph, and Louie.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Begin!

*ahem* anyway.

Opo, I ****ing loved reading your little things. I imagine the RWBY writers would love reading it because you basically did everything they wanted you too.
You have no idea how much I was laughing at you saying "I thought Blake was a faunus" and the reaction to Penny's death. For someone who just picked it up I would assume you've been a long time fan lol.

Only thing you're missing is shipping interest lol

Dragon Quest talk reminds me that I need to get into Dragon Quest. I played 8 as a kid and then rage quit in the big vine covered castle because I couldn't find a save point and lost like an hour of progress lol.

I wonder what the best way to play 3 is.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Spike from Mario 3/D World/Odyssey is playable in Tennis Aces. Apparently.

RIP King Kai's chances of getting brought back to life.

Though his last appearance was just before the Universe Survival arc, so it wasn't /that/ long ago. Unless I'm mixing my episodes up.
Eh, if it ain't my boy Shy Guy, Can't say I'm too hyped for them. I'm just appreciating that Mario and Luigi got some fresh gear for the game.

Morbi

Scavenger
The winner of the last Metal Gear poll was none other than Nanomachines, Son Senator Armstrong. Bladewolf and Jetstream Sam had a decent following while nobody wants Sundowner.

Next will be the first and last Pikmin poll focusing on the other captains of the series. Your choices are Charlie, Brittany, Alph, and Louie.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Begin!
Oh... My... God, how could I choose? I love all of those hyper relevant characters equally, a decision would be impossible to make because they are all so deserving! I was fine with just voting for one character before because there was always someone who stood above the rest; however, this, I cannot abide by. What sort of animal could pick just one of these amazing creations?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Kid Trunks in general is annoying. Especially when Future Trunks is such a bro, and Kid Gohan usually wasn't a cocky jerk.

Then you have Goten, who really needs a moment to be cool for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom