• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Just saw this on Twitter. I remember there being a lot of Gravity Falls fans on this site at one point; pretty sure someone made a mafia game of it too. It certainly took Disney long enough to come out this.
I would love to get this at some point. It was a great show.

Edit:
First Labo, now a rather cool Rhythm Heaven moveset. I better see alot more soon.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I would love to get this at some point. It was a great show.

Edit:
First Labo, now a rather cool Rhythm Heaven moveset. I better see alot more soon.
You know, with how neat and the Labo one was, I'd love it if someone say took a crack at showing how a Waluigi moveset based of Mario Party would look, or see what people could come up with Capt Toad.

D

Deleted member

@ShinyLegendary I don't think you should get involved in conversations about stuff that are outside your knowledge field.
It leads to pretty akward situations.
I know what they are talking about, so I can join them anytime I want. I do need to learn more though, but I am fine overall in the conversation. Right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Gee.

Sorry I took offense to a women being sexually harassed to tears guys.

Clearly I missed the context of Soleil deliberately ignoring a no from Ophelia.

**** and bad writing are clearly worse.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm trying out GBA games I've never played before. Currently playing Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

Its... Alright. Kind of. A little easy to be honest.

D

Deleted member

Waluigi with a gun >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anyone with a gun
:rotfl:

Nothing like mocking your own game. Also, the fact they mentioned Thracia. They are preparing for their arrival.

You can S-support yourself with your favourite character who can proceed to S-support with themselves. You can also do a Tapping game to witness your favourite characters bathing together. You can also make Chrom X Cordelia, Marth X Catria, Abel X Palla, and Eirika X Lyon a real thing. :troll::troll::troll:

Also, I would dread having anybody as a commander who relies on luck and evasion....actually, depending on how much he got crit during those games, if he didn't suffer the RNG Crit curse, he might actually be useful.
I love this FEH comic. You need to post more my guy.
Edit: You seem happier than usual in this month. Keep on being happy, I like it.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
A Place Further Than the Universe Overall Impressions:

I have to give this anime props. Probably the most positive aspect of A Place Further Than The Universe is the characterization of the four main girls. Mari, Yuzuki, Shirase, and Hinata are all written in a way that is so energetic and genuine as hell. Their journey to Antarctica provided a dozen of good character developments/friendships. Towards the end, Shirase’s speech before leaving the Antarctic provided a nice closing message about why the main cast travelled on a journey ‘further than the universe’. Its entire narrative is really straightforward and never loses sight of its goal. I can see why most people would love this anime.

But, I personally could not get very invested. Not that I think everything positive A Place Further Than The Universe is bad, but I felt the general light-hearted tone limited certain aspects of the story. I feel the obstacles themselves and the methods the main female cast uses to solve their problems were not jeopardizing enough to get me caring for their backstories. I can see people finding the fact that the cast are going to Antarctica to be enough of a hurdle, allowing the light-hearted tone to excel in story. But how can I exactly phrase this? I guess you could say that I expected more threatening obstacles than the preparation to Antarctica.

When I thought about Antarctica, watching the first episode of this anime, I imagine a place full of unknown obstacles. When I imagine that, I naturally think obstacles of a threatening degree, sort of like Made in Abyss’s Abyss. Obstacles that force the character to show off their darkest sides, allowing for me to see the character as three-dimensional. Just to be clear, I did not set expectations of obstacles to be grim-dark as MiA. When you set Antarctica as the barrier, my mind thinks that the compensation of seeing cute girls triumphing hurdles will give back a pay-off of seeing the girls truest colors.

But, since obstacles are handled more light-heartedly, the payoff of seeing development taking place feels less rewarding. The character explorations is there, but the degree of inner conflict was not enough for me to care. The conflict was a bit too simplistic for me. I perceived most of the obstacles as just the stepping stone to something more ominous. It made me want to look past the girls superb characterization and journey to see if there would be more than just that. As a result, I gradually declined in engagement each episode, not getting the things I desired from the anime. Watching became a blank observation than being an emotional investment towards the characters’ journey. Characterization became the only main source of interest, bringing only slight entertainment. I cared less about the story of Shirase’s mom. When episodes 11 and 12 came for the climax of Shirase’s journey, I stared blankly.

In the end, I thought A Place Further Than the Universe was a pretty good experience. This anime was a simple and somewhat emotional ride. But personally, I wanted something more, something that would make me remember these lovable girls for years to come. But I did not get that. I guess I will have to look beyond the universe of Sora yori mo Tooi Basho to find a CGDCG anime that nails the journey, developments, and exploration. This is how I honestly feel about A Place Further Than the Universe. For anyoen that has watched this, do you have something to disagree about my statements? I would like to know.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Like @Shishœ

Are you going to tell me that an LGBTQ character that...

A) molests someone after they say no and drives them to tears
B) is a harmful stereotype
C) isn't allowed any romantic success despite clearly being successful with women when it's a gag

Is all somehow better then a design with TnA?

For real?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Gee.

I wasn't dismissing or saying your opinion was wrong....

I blame myself for being frustrated at just seeing somebody who knows nothing go into an immediate dismissive state when that's really not all of her character. It'd be like somebody saying that Niles is all sexual harassment and somebody with no knowledge immediately starts dismissing him as a sexual harasser or agreeing with someone that he's a sexual harasser when he's really not all that.

It's really not your opinion that started me. I apologise if I crossed a line.

It's just the idea of someone who knows nothing who takes in the words of others who do make a deal out of one thing of a character and becomes dismissive or agreeing attitude that ticks me off. I tried my best to explain my problem in a calm manner. Apparently, I failed big time.

*sigh* And to think I have to deal with the stress of waiting for my kittens to get spade and my mother bringing up her worry about the potential 1% percent that die. Good lord, I hope it's just paranoia and not a jinx.
I love this FEH comic. You need to post more my guy.
Edit: You seem happier than usual in this month. Keep on being happy, I like it.
Oh trust me. I am really not that happy. I can laugh, get excited and whatnot. But happy isn't my strong forte sadly, especially with how stressed I get on a daily basis.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gee.

Use "woman" instead of "women" if you mean single.

Anyways, You do not need to be sorry at all. I would take a lot of offense to a woman being sexually harassed to tears too. Anyone who sexually harasses a woman to tears is just really mean.

I dislike Soleli even more.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wasn't dismissing or saying your opinion was wrong....
I blame myself for being frustrated at just seeing somebody who knows nothing go into an immediate dismissive state when that's really not all of her character. It'd be like somebody saying that Niles is all sexual harassment and somebody with no knowledge immediately starts dismissing him as a sexual harasser or agreeing with someone that he's a sexual harasser when he's really not that.

It's really not your opinion that started me. I apologise if I crossed a line.

It's just the idea of someone who knows nothing who takes in the words of others who do make a deal out of one thing of a character and becomes dismissive or agreeing attitude that ticks me off. I tried my best to explain my problem in a calm manner. Apparently, I failed big time.
*sigh* And to think I have to deal with the stress of waiting for my kittens to get spade and my mother bringing up her worry about the potential 1% percent that die. Good lord, I hope it's just paranoia and not a jinx.
Fortunately I do know what I'm talking about, thank you very much.

I admitted several times that Soleil would be great if it wasn't for that one support.

D

Deleted member

Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
I have been sexually harassed in real life, actually. That means I would take even more offense to a woman getting sexually harassed to tears.
Oh trust me. I am really not that happy. I can laugh, get excited and whatnot. But happy isn't my strong forte sadly, especially with how stressed I get on a daily basis.
I have experienced major stress around February and this month, too. Just because my posts are light-hearted and happy does not make me a positive person IRL.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
OH yeah I forgot.

Soleil harasses Forest in the Japanese version too.

Forces him out of his clothes because she doesn't believe he's a man.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokemon Mistery
Also i dont believe it. Capcom wont bring over MHXX

She was the same trash in the Japanese version, wasnt she?
Iirc mistery is the Japanese way of saying the games titles. I could be wrong though.
...And Bowser's Inside Story is not my favorite Zelda game.
It’s not? **** taste confirmed :p
Exactly my issue as well. As nice as it is to believe what we're reading is true we always have to take in to account that it's 4chan.

Seriously, when has 4chan ever been right on anything?
plenty of times. For video games: everything about sun and moon and ultra sun and moon was leaked on there. Even before datamines. They leaked multiple starters for Pokémon. As for other video games, I know several posts from the video game board have leaked games correctly before announcement. I don’t follow the video game boards but I know I’ve heard multiple things before right from there. I think stuff like brawls roster, other fighting games rosters were leaked. I don’t know the amount of games correctly leaked in general but if I looked around I could probably find more examples. Those are some I remember off the top of my head. As for this rumor, I would put more faith in it if it was leaked before the direct but you never know. Also I’m betting Pokémon was delayed to next month. It would line up with the merchandise being announced next month

D

Deleted member

I don't want to know what's going on, but clearly its going south. I'm just saying.
~Checks GPS~
Umm..... actually, we are going Northwest. :troll:
OH yeah I forgot.

Soleil harasses Forest in the Japanese version too.

Forces him out of his clothes because she doesn't believe he's a man.
WAIT THIS HAPPENED?
Now I really hate Soleli.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If you want a good Fire Emblem LGBTQ character, go for Leon or at least Niles and Rhajat.

I'll just leave it at that and move on.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
*See Soleil talk*

Hey, it's that character with the design I like quit a bit.

No, really, I don't have much to add.:drshrug:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If you want a good Fire Emblem LGBTQ character, go for Leon or at least Niles and Rhajat.

Did I hear Niles, the one true god?

I made a post on tumblr about Niles and would you know, it has over 4,000 notes and counting. The Niles fandom never dies

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

leon is amazing. Great character and op as hell in celica’s story. One of my favorites from Valentina. Rhajat is bi? I know she likes the avatar which can be either gender but I never explored her supports too much.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Look. I apologize for getting a little tense there but....

Gosh darn it.

Soleil frustrates me cause she has so many great qualities that 1 or 2 supports just **** on and **** on badly.

So... Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom