• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Hour away from beating A Way Out with my friend who'd beat it already.

What happens?

His internet goes out. Welp.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Been watching through the Marvel Cinematic Universe this weekend, and as such it has been the first time EVER that I've gone through (almost) every single MCU film in order...and dang this experience has been wonderful so far.

Speaking of which, it's made me curious: for all Marvel fans here, what's your favorite MCU film and why?
Man, the MCU is really something. I don't have a single favorite but I can name a few that I really enjoyed.

First of all. The first avengers movie is what got me into superheroes and reading comics and i'm very grateful for that. So it obviously holds a special place in my heart.

The winter soldier is another favorite. The whole movie had that one kind of tone. There was just the right amount of action and not too much humor to make it one of my favorites. I prefer this one to Civil War as I feel it shouldn't have been a Captain America movie. Though Civil War did feature BP which is always a pro for me.

I really loved Black Panther. T'Challa is one of my favorite comic book characters of all time and seeing a high budget movie about him just makes my nerdself happy. Not to mention that the 4th volume of Black Panther one of the first comic books was i've read. Seeing all his biggest villains in the one movie was just the icing on the cake. Now I just need for him to break up with Nakia and Marry Ororo in the sequel.

Doctor Strange is one of those movies I didn't expect to like this much. I feel like they've really outdone themselves with the origin story. All the characters are likeable and the appearance of Dormammu surprised me.

Here's a bonus one. Not a MCU movie but X2 is one of my favorite superhero movies. The movie is just the right length with great characters. From Kurt in the white house to the awakening of Phoenix's powers, the movie was just a roller coaster for an x-men fan. It's also hard not to like Jackman's Wolverine which is why Logan was such a good send off for the character.

D

Deleted member

Can someone find me a screenshot of Robin's death quote in Fire Emblem Awakening? I need it for today's mafia.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we're talking favorite superhero films...

Spider-Man 2
The Dark Knight
'89 Batman
Spider-Man 1
Blade 1
X-Men 2
Captain America: Civil War
Captain America: Winter Solider
Deadpool

I haven't seen Black Panther yet. But Wonder Woman and Spider-Man Homecoming were also good, but had a few more flaws than the ones on my list. Daredevil was okay, but the show was better I feel. Amazing Spider-Man 1 was good, barring a couple of stupid moments(namely the part with the Lizard finding the damn named tagged camera)

Worst ones
Superman Returns(Theatrical Ambien)
ALL 3 Fantastic 4 movies
X-Men Origins: Wolverine(for what they did to Deadpool, and being a bit aimless)
Batman and Robin
Spider-Man 3(not the absolute worst, since it had some good fights, but the dancing, emo hair, and too many villains REEEAAALLY brought it down.)

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
The only one that I could say I genuinely liked was Spider-Man: Homecoming and that's because it actually tried to do something beyond trying to save the world. That helped made it compelling as opposed to feeling bloated and totally impersonal like say, Avengers: Age of Ultron. The MCU needs to take more of the Homecoming route and less what they are trying to do with Infinity Wars and Avengers 4 because eventually people will get tired of seeing the same thing again.

They're all competently made but competence does not breed greatness. Of course I've only seen some of them and I'm indifferent towards Marvel but unless Infinity Wars and Avengers 4 are truly compelling epics and not another popcorn films with excellent special effects, then I'm done with MCU films.
I can see where you're coming from, but I would apply the impersonal principle to different films within the MCU franchise.

I didn't find Age of Ultron impersonal, per se. I do think the characters got more fleshed out in Age of Ultron than the original Avengers. Can MCU films be impersonal? Heck yes, and I would say that would be so for a good chunk of the earlier films (Incredible Hulk and the first Avengers come to mind). But, with how we get more Hawkeye scenes in AoU (his scenes with being at his home humanize him a LOT) along with sweet Hulk and Black Widow moments (not to mention Tony Stark softening and becoming more humble) there are some great character arcs in AoU.

It seems like MCU has been getting more personal and focusing on characterization a little more in later films. I'm excited to see what phase 3 has in store once I start watching that through today.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Color pallet and eye shape are the easiest ways to tell if starters are fake.

Those abominations check all the boxes.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I just learned a Fate/Apocrypha event for Fate/Grand Order is coming to Japan soon.

If this means we'll finally get to see my boy Achilles in Fate/GO, I'll be a happy man.

D

Deleted member

So I just learned a Fate/Apocrypha event for Fate/Grand Order is coming to Japan soon.

If this means we'll finally get to see my boy Achilles in Fate/GO, I'll be a happy man.
No brain: Sieg is coming to FGO
Small brain: Chiron is coming to FGO
Medium brain: Achilles is coming to FGO
Big brain: Avicebron is coming to FGO
Ascending brain: Apocrypha Vlad as a Lancer

D

Deleted member

The latest "Leak"
Honestly, I am having enough of these leaks. This leak is 100% fake, and the three startes all look like abominations.
Color pallet and eye shape are the easiest ways to tell if starters are fake.

Those abominations check all the boxes.
You are exactly right. Also most leaks are usually wrong. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
@Mythra

Your user title is a reference to the last episode of DBGT right?

D

Deleted member

Then prepare yourself because otherwise, you're gonna hate the next few months.

Fake leaks are part of Smash speculation, after all. :p
Yes, I know.
A leak made me even dare myself to buy and lick a Ridley statue, which is just plain suffering indeed. Do not worry, I gave up the dare, considering I want to be civil.

Thankfully, Smash Speculation has been calming down a bit with the leaks.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I have got another long impressions of a Winter 2018 anime coming, Mitsuboshi Colors. This was such a great SoL anime that ended today, and I need to give you the reasons why this anime is so good.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yes, I know.
A leak made me even dare myself to buy and lick a Ridley statue, which is just plain suffering indeed. Do not worry, I gave up the dare, considering I want to be civil.
I'd have respected my word to the very end.

But then again, I'm an idiot, so don't use my words as gospel :p

Thankfully, Smash Speculation has been calming down a bit with the leaks.
Wait until we get gameplay footage.

It's gonna start raining fake leaks again once the Invitational has come and gone. Or a potential Smash Direct beforehand.

D

Deleted member

Holy ****, the Pop Team Epic finale, that's how you do a season finale!
Also, lol, didn't expect a FGO parody of all things. I hope I can roll Pipimi.

Ivander

Smash Legend

So possibility of Servants include Chiron, Achilles, Avicebron, a possible Berserker Atalante(shown in a recent Lostbelt Cosmos trailer), and Sieg. I wonder if they'll add a Welfare Servant to the event like they did the Fate/Zero event.
Also, it would be a decent opportunity for them to add some actual character to Sieg(considering the Fate/Zero event had moments that everybody wanted to see happen), although considering Japan's fondness for characters like him....yeah...(I expect hilarity if he ends up a Mash/Heracles-tier character).

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Any time I see a fire starter that fits too nicely and neatly in the chinese zodiac I assume it's fake. Like it was created just for that single purpose

D

Deleted member

Ah yes, the new Darling in the FranXX episode was ****ing great.
Ever since Ep9 it's been giving focus to the side characters and I love it. Last episode also had a bunch of ominous foreshadowing and L O R E but this onehad the thing I've been waiting since Ep1: gays.
Trigger doesn't disappoint me in giving me gays, Ikuno's crush on Ichigo is outright confirmed with her asking to pilot a Franxx with her and Mitsuru's whole jerkish behaviour comes from Hiro breaking their promise of piloting a Franxx together.

And hey, that last bit also gave us more ominous foreshadowing and considering Trigger's track record with second cours, ****'s about to go down
So possibility of Servants include Chiron, Achilles, Avicebron, a possible Berserker Atalante(shown in a recent Lostbelt Cosmos trailer), and Sieg. I wonder if they'll add a Welfare Servant to the event like they did the Fate/Zero event.
Also, it would be a decent opportunity for them to add some actual character to Sieg(considering the Fate/Zero event had moments that everybody wanted to see happen), although considering Japan's fondness for characters like him....yeah...(I expect hilarity if he ends up a Mash/Heracles-tier character).
Avicebron is in the new trailer so I'd say he'll also be showing up in the event

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Mitsuboshi Colors Overall Impressions:

Watching this anime for the past 12 weeks every Sunday morning has been an absolute joy. The best way I can describe this anime is basically Yotsuba, but multiplied by three. It is just a slice of life that explores the happy life of three girls, living out their lives while pretending to protect their town like sentai rangers. The girls very much encapsulates the best parts of childhood, bringing out a youthful energy of silliness you rarely see in cute girls doing cute things anime.

Character chemistry in this anime is consistently hilarious & joyful with the Colors members, Yui, Kotoha, and Sacchan. Yui is the ‘leader’ of the group that gets easily frustrated when attempting to solve a situation. Kotoha is the game-addict who is often very smug. Sacchan, is a wonderful, energetic blessing full of positivity. The way these three girls live out their childhood fantasies & solving problems is wonderfully childish.

Very often, the Colors get into situations with straightforward interactions of side characters that deliver comedy from all three of the girls, bouncing off each other with hilarious hit after hilarious hit that gets me smiling. The Saito segments, in particular, are the best segments of Mitsuboshi Colors with the interactions of the young girls and a local park policeman that heavily reminds me of the chemistry Yanda and Yotsuba in the Yotsubato manga. The girls’ interactions are so realistic and genuine enough to provide an interesting kind of engagement.

I cannot say there are any notable flaws aside from me wishing there were more Saito segments put in the anime. You owe yourself to watch this RIGHT NOW if you LOVE slice-of-life comedies like Yotsuba. I guarantee you will get a huge smile and laugh every time you watch an episode of Mitsuboshi Colors.

Tagging @Swampasaur due to the Yotsuba avatar, since he might potentially love this anime.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Persona 5 The Animation’s New Trailer Shows More Of The Phantom Thieves In The Anime

Can't embed the video here for some reason but the trailer for P5 Anime but it's in the article. I watched the video, and I'm loving everything featured in the trailer.

Really excited to see how they're going to handle the Kamoshida arc anime style. I've said this before, and I'll say this again. Never has a video game ever gave me want to rebel and to **** a villain's **** up so friggin' bad.

And that's just the beginning of the game god damn.

Edit: Man I already want to download that Break in to Break Out song already lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom