• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going to imitate a poketuber

OMG GUYS It's Blue Merchandise! Gen 1 remake confirmed!!!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
~Brings Medusa from Fates to you~
You happy now?
Which one? :p

I have a question from FEH, who is better overall? Hector or Hector from Love Abounds?
I might play some FEH again. :p
That's a question that can't really be answered since both Hectors have a different purpose.

Hector works better defensively due to his weapon's built-in Quick Riposte while LA Hector works better as an offensive unit due to his weapon's built-in Wrath.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to imitate a poketuber

OMG GUYS It's Blue Merchandise! Gen 1 remake confirmed!!!
That closeup made me think the focus here would be his bulge
~Brings Medusa from Fates to you~
You happy now?

I have a question from FEH, who is better overall? Hector or Hector from Love Abounds?
I might play some FEH again. :p
Only thing default Hector can do better is a Wary Fighter+Quick Riposte seal build which allows him to basically work as an Universal Breaker when above 80% HP.
Everything else, VA!Hector does better thanks to superior stats and Prf Weapon

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Only thing default Hector can do better is a Wary Fighter+Quick Riposte seal build which allows him to basically work as an Universal Breaker when above 80% HP.
Omnibreaker is an amazing build though, so this makes default Hector a huge threat if you try to attack him.

LA Hector with Bold Fighter though...

D

Deleted member

That closeup made me think the focus here would be his bulge

That's a question that can't really be answered since both Hectors have a different purpose.

Hector works better defensively due to his weapon's built-in Quick Riposte while LA Hector works better as an offensive unit due to his weapon's built-in Wrath.
Thanks!
I might try to get Hector ( Love Abounds ) instead. :p
Which one? :p
You chose which one. :p
Omnibreaker is an amazing build though, so this makes default Hector a huge threat if you try to attack him.

Is LA Hector Bold Fighter better than Omnibreaker?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Thanks!
I might try to get Hector ( Love Abounds ) instead. :p
Except you can't.

Already told you. He was a limited unit. He's no longer in the summoning pool for a long time now.

You chose which one. :p
Nah. You do :p

Is LA Hector Bold Fighter better than Omnibreaker?
Bold Fighter LA Hector can run Quick Riposte seal so he ends up doubling your ass in both phases. Not to mention he also has Wrath in Berserk Armands, so his special can hit harder and also show up more often.

That's a pretty scary thing to have.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Except you can't.

Already told you. He was a limited unit. He's no longer in the summoning pool for a long time now.
Oh, I remember. Ah well.
I guess regular Hector then, well... maybe.
Nah. You do :p
Why? You obviously know more about Fates. You choose. :p
Bold Fighter LA Hector can run Quick Riposte seal so he ends up doubling your *** in both phases. Not to mention he also has Wrath in Berserk Armands.

That's a pretty scary thing to have.
Indeed.

Chrono.

This is interesting... SE went a mile and beyond trying to make you like the main characters and for the most part they succeeded.
Shame about the game itself, but I'll probably pick it up once all the updates are done.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Oh, I remember. Ah well.
I guess regular Hector then, well... maybe.
Regular Hector is still a really solid unit though.

But Grima is best green, in my opinion.

Why? You obviously know more about Fates. You choose. :p
Fate has no S and it bothers me when you add it in because I think of a different thing when you do :4corrinf:

D

Deleted member

From personal experience, Omnibreaker ends up not as useful as VA!Hector with Vantage Riposte and Glimmer, he basically gets a +50% damage boost in every attack and once he's in Vantage range Berserk Armads grants a +10 on top of that.

I dislike Bold Fighter tbh, it's not that useful unless you're using Armor March on Armor teams. Besides, I really don't like mixed phase builds, I prefer focusing on the strong points rather than making a Master of None, so putting Bold Fighter on someone with Quick Riposte seems useless when I could just use Vantage/Distant Def or Armor Boots depending on what I want to do.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
From personal experience, Omnibreaker ends up not as useful as VA!Hector with Vantage Riposte and Glimmer, he basically gets a +50% damage boost in every attack and once he's in Vantage range Berserk Armads grants a +10 on top of that.

I dislike Bold Fighter tbh, it's not that useful unless you're using Armor March on Armor teams. Besides, I really don't like mixed phase builds, I prefer focusing on the strong points rather than making a Master of None, so putting Bold Fighter on someone with Quick Riposte seems useless when I could just use Vantage/Distant Def or Armor Boots depending on what I want to do.
That's fair enough.

I tend to not try to mess with Jakob too much because of that. He's already really useful as the Wary Fighter Close Counter wall. With a Panic bow too.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sorry for the delay. Some stuff happened at home. Anyways, the winner was Sothe for the last Radiant Dawn poll. Ashera and Soren were decently popular, then there's Cain who did horribly for a Laguz.

Next up without be the start of three Awakening polls, starting with Chom's main group. Your choices are Chrom, Lissa, Frederick, and Cordelia.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Begin.

D

Deleted member

Sorry for the delay. Some stuff happened at home. Anyways, the winner was Sothe for the last Radiant Dawn poll. Ashera and Soren were decently popular, then there's Cain who did horribly for a Laguz.

Next up without be the start of three Awakening polls, starting with Chom's main group. Your choices are Chrom, Lissa, Frederick, and Cordelia.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Begin.
Easily Chrom.
Chrom deserved more than a Final Smash and Mii Costume. :laugh:

Regular Hector is still a really solid unit though.

But Grima is best green, in my opinion.
How good is Grima?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
How good is Grima?
Let's see...
  • Solid HP
  • Highest attack in the game
  • Solid defense
  • Somewhat respectable resistance for an armored unit
  • Expiration has a built-in Distant counter and has adaptative damage (aka uses the lowest between foe's Def or Res when calculating) on ranged units
  • Vengeful Fighter is Quick Riposte on steroids
  • Has a lot of potential for builds that can reach absolutely ridiculous levels (Warding Breath + Bold Fighter + Quick Riposte + Aether makes him an amazing mixed phase tank, for example)
The only bad thing about him is his double Armor/Dragon typing, which makes him weak to both anti-armors and anti-dragons, especially the Falchions due to them having color advantage on top of that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well speaking of FEH, maxed Vanguard Legend Ike.
I did this a few moments ago, though. It is just dang, this thread is quiet.
Screenshot_20180325-132948.png
Let's see...
  • Solid HP
  • Highest attack in the game
  • Solid defense
  • Somewhat respectable resistance for an armored unit
  • Expiration has a built-in Distant counter and has adaptative damage (aka uses the lowest between foe's Def or Res when calculating) on ranged units
  • Vengeful Fighter is Quick Riposte on steroids
  • Has a lot of potential for builds that can reach absolutely ridiculous levels (Warding Breath + Bold Fighter + Quick Riposte + Aether makes him an amazing mixed phase tank, for example)
The only bad thing about him is his double Armor/Dragon typing, which makes him weak to both anti-armors and anti-dragons, especially the Falchions due to them having color advantage on top of that.
Now I want her. Every source I check has barely any information for her and she is not in the tier list. :p

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well speaking of FEH, maxed Vanguard Legend Ike.

Now I want her. Every source I check has barely any information for her and she is not in the tier list. :p
Just going to say this; giving a speed seal to Ike isn't the best of ideas.

Give it to someone who already has a high speed to make full advantage of it, like Brave Lyn.

kylexv

Smash Master
Sorry to break up the topic here, but is anyone else getting those annoying ads that blare audio as soon as they load?
It's annoying to have to turn them off right after I load a new page...

D

Deleted member

He's a ****ton of fun.

And that comes from a guy who has a -Atk one, so to know that even a bad version of Grima can be fun says a lot.
Coolio! With that high attack stat, now I want him.
They're technically not the same person...
It's complicated
Oh, well that is complicated indeed.
It's Robin Black :troll:

I bet not everyone is going to get the joke.
Well, this is still complicated.
Just going to say this; giving a speed seal to Ike isn't the best of ideas.

Give it to someone who already has a high speed to make full advantage of it, like Brave Lyn.
Gave it to Brave Lyn instead. Thanks! :p

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I am just going to assume Dragon Ball Super, because that is all I have.
I didn't even notice your post at first because SIG.

Personally I'm keeping it simple myself. Kid x Squid is clearly the only refined ship. :troll:

Morbi

Scavenger
I didn't even notice your post at first because SIG.

Personally I'm keeping it simple myself. Kid x Squid is clearly the only refined ship. :troll:
I am just waiting on that Inkling emoji, fam. Spring Man is getting lonely and I am sorry to say, but "Kid" is going to have their heart broken once he conquers the squid. :awesome:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Some huge Star vs. the Forces of Evil spoilers here. I saw the newest episodes recently and wanted to say a few things:

Star and Marco actually finally kissed. Holy ****. After all this time and seeing it happen so suddenly, it almost feels unreal. I wasn't even necessarily an advocate for the ship, but this is still pretty sweet and cool. I find the way they've been handling the romance in this show to be a lot more interesting and realistic than just the two characters getting together. This is another nice turn of events in the story. I can already tell the shippers must be exploding from hype right now. :laugh:

Also, turns out that photo booth goblin is voiced by Alex Hirsch. I knew he sounded suspiciously like Old Man McGucket, but I couldn't be sure if it really was Hirsch or not until I did some research later.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I was trying to get Kirby Star allies and apparently the 3 stores in my area are all sold out of it.

Damn I didn't expect that. The big sellers go quick here, but I didn't think Kirby will.

The wait till its back in stock will suck, but I'll keep avoiding spoilers for it.

Morbi

Scavenger
I was trying to get Kirby Star allies and apparently the 3 stores in my area are all sold out of it.

Damn I didn't expect that. The big sellers go quick here, but I didn't think Kirby will.

The wait till its back in stock will suck, but I'll keep avoiding spoilers for it.
"Big sellers" lmfao... You could try Amazon. It is cheaper and you do not need to wait.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"Big sellers" lmfao... You could try Amazon. It is cheaper and you do not need to wait.
I may try that, I'll give it a few days though. I've been getting into Splatoon 2 a lot so I've been enjoying that a lot.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm feeling like Zenobia right now, fighting with her make battle too easy and not last long enough to have any sort of tension.

That challenge mode that will come out in the summer better be really challenging. 'cuz beating Superbosses for days, while fun, is kinda becoming stale.

Morbi

Scavenger
I may try that, I'll give it a few days though. I've been getting into Splatoon 2 a lot so I've been enjoying that a lot.
Yeah, there is no reason to rush. It is Kirby, after all. I just figured since you tried three different stores, you were a bit desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom