• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
You should draw Makoto sometime for me. If you had a paypal I’d make it worth your while. ;)

Hell yeah it is.
Skill-wise my work ain't worth a penny yet lol
But I'll gladly try out Makoto.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Doing good. On the other hand, waiting for stuff to be announced can be tiring sometimes.
Thats good.
What announcement are you waiting for?
I'm a little upset to be honest. My most favorite champion from Paladins got buffed too much and now people target her.
Oof, thats rough man. At least your favorite is very viable I guess.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Thats good.
What announcement are you waiting for?
Well, quite a bunch.
-It's almost April and like everybody else, would like to know from Nintendo when Joker will come out.
-It's reaching the end of the month and the next Mythic/Legendary Banner should be getting announced soon for Fire Emblem Heroes.
-When the new Event for Overwatch will come out and what potential PvE Event we'll be doing. And the fact that I have 6000 Coins that are waiting to be used on the Legendary skins I missed from last year.

And then on the 31st, I'll be travelling with my dad, sister and brother in seeing my other family, like my grandparents, cousins, etc for a week. It'll be exciting for me, my sister and my brother.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well, quite a bunch.
-It's almost April and like everybody else, would like to know from Nintendo when Joker will come out.
-It's reaching the end of the month and the next Mythic/Legendary Banner should be getting announced soon for Fire Emblem Heroes.
-When the new Event for Overwatch will come out and what potential PvE Event we'll be doing. And the fact that I have 6000 Coins that are waiting to be used on the Legendary skins I missed from last year.

And then on the 31st, I'll be travelling with my dad, sister and brother in seeing my other family, like my grandparents, cousins, etc for a week. It'll be exciting for me, my sister and my brother.
The Mythic Hero Trailer is dropping tonight :denzel:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I wanna see Ann!
The picture isn't done yet, unfortunately, and I'm drawing something else right now.

The Female Joker picture isn't for public viewing (underwear).

What I can show you is the art I was doing on the Main Thread a few days ago.

Since I don't think you, redfeatherraven redfeatherraven , Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs and Metal Shop X Metal Shop X saw them.

A user (Michael the Spikester) asked what Smash characters would look like as the opposite sex, I decided to oblige.

Captain Falcon
Ganondorf, Link and Zelda
Pit
Lucina and Marth
Cloud
Snake and Samus

And this one page comic I drew about Mythra (the user), Noipoi and Gwen.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The picture isn't done yet, unfortunately, and I'm drawing something else right now.

Since I don't think you, redfeatherraven redfeatherraven , Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs and Metal Shop X Metal Shop X saw them.

A user (Michael the Spikester) asked what Smash characters would look like as the opposite sex, I decided to oblige.

Captain Falcon
Pit
Lucina and Marth
Cloud
Snake and Samus

Holy Knuckles Chuckles, great work man, I'm glad you tagged me before I go to bed because your work look really good.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Captain Falcon
Pit
Lucina and Marth
Cloud
Snake and Samus

Do you only do genderswaps? No hate, just curious.

I will admit I didn’t read any text at first and clicked the link to the Lucina one and was confused lol
They’re good though!

KMDP

Smash Legend
Do you only do genderswaps? No hate, just curious.

I will admit I didn’t read any text at first and clicked the link to the Lucina one and was confused lol
They’re good though!
No, I was kinda just messing around with the genderswaps.

The Ann picture I did is actually of Ann.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'M NOW GOING TO CONTINUE MY TOP 100 CHARACTERS OF ALL TIME RANKING!
Here are hints for the next 5 out:

#65- Iconic video game star
#64- An escape artist
#63- A man known for his code
#62- Spunky British red-head
#61- Awkward teen minimum wage worker turned business CEO​

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'M NOW GOING TO CONTINUE MY TOP 100 CHARACTERS OF ALL TIME RANKING!
Here are hints for the next 5 out:

#65- Iconic video game star
#64- An escape artist
#63- A man known for his code
#62- Spunky British red-head
#61- Awkward teen minimum wage worker turned business CEO​
65 - STARFY!? (It's probably Mario)

61 - Peter Parker

KMDP

Smash Legend
That’s good to hear- uhh read.
I'm not usually the kind to do fanart, which is why I don't post art often. I'm more of an OC designer. (That doesn't mean I don't do fanart, it's just that the bulk of my work is of my OCs).

Of course, there's no way I'm ever going to post my OCs publicly on this site, for many reasons.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I hate GSP as a system.

Even after the patches, it takes me like, five matches to rise by 100k, then one loss due to how stupid Ivysaur's down air is made me lose 400,000 points.

I lost the equivalant of 20 wins in a row from this.

Ultimate's online is ****, makes me feel like **** and is overall a very, very poor argument for selling online.

Yeah, for $20 a year, get motivated every time you lose one match, then have to play ludicruously optimally for a chance at getting those points back.

**** Ultimate's online. **** it and everything it stands for.
GSP as a whole is flawed, really don't understand why Nintendo feel the need to go against the grain for this and not have a simple W/L system. It's easily the most demotivating ranked experience I've ever had, so much so to the point where I don't value it at all. I'd much rather go to locals for my competitive fix.

If I get my ass kicked by someone, I want to fight them again, so I can learn what they do and how to play against it. With GSP that essentially means I'm kissing thousands of points away per game, which will probably take around double the amount of wins to get back.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another note, MK 11 is fantastic. Kabal is fun.

wen joker tho

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
What a lovely passion you have.
Yeet! Thank you, thank you. Praise me, praise me! ( ̄ω ̄) LOL

It's a pleasure being able to make memes whenever I want. It comes in handy! Who doesn't appreciate a good meme? :laugh:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Alright, my dudes...ranks 65-61:

65th: Pikachu
Pokemon

Arguably the most adorable pokemon ever, I don't even play the games anymore and I still love this cute electric mouse character. Ash's Pikachu is the one I'm referring to though, since Ash's Pikachu is the one that made me love Pikachu. Pikachu has a joyful persona throughout the series, despite starting out as a grump and a bit mean towards Ash. He changes and evolves into a kinder pokemon who plays "team dad" quite often and watches over the rest over Ash's team frequently. Pikachu is also very intelligent, being the brain to Ash's brawn quite often. While he's not a total brainiac like the psychic pokemon, Pikachu is necessary for Ash to stay grounded during their travels. One of my favorite scenes from the DP series is when both Pikachu AND Ash's former rival Gary have to prevent Ash from acting stupidly, being advisors of sorts in order to rescue the Sheildon group from Hunter J. Pikachu, while being a pokemon, has a few facets that are seen within the anime. It makes me love the character all the more.

It could be argued that Mewtwo is a much deeper character, and I would definitely agree! At first, I wasn't sure which pokemon would be higher...Pikachu, or Mewtwo. However, Pikachu has growth of his own (rough around the edges to kind-hearted, and we can't forget the Riachu saga with beating Riachu and overcoming the odds even after getting badly injured), and Pikachu's also absolutely adorable. There's nothing to dislike here.

64th: Andy Dufresne
Shawshank Redemption

Andy's a fantastic character. It helps that Shawshank is one of my favorite movies of all time. At first, I didn't expect Andy to make it onto the list because Red is more memorable, arguably. However, Andy is the master escape artist and is likable from the beginning. After being convicted of a crime that he never committed, he has to suffer prison life in a maximum security prison while masterfully planning an escape from the prison. And, as we see Andy grow to learn how prison life works and we see him grow throughout the film into a person who has unrivaled intelligence within the prison and is able to gain freedom and escape the ruthless, corrupt warden as well. Red is played by Morgan Freeman and Red's a great narrator, so if someone has Red as their favorite from the movie...I get it. However, Andy is so sympathetic and fun to follow with how he grows throughout the movie that I can't help but have him as my favorite from Shawshank.

63rd: Omar Little
The Wire

"A man gotta have a code" is Omar's most famous line. And, I respect a lot by what he's saying concerning the "code" he lives by. Omar is someone who's involved with Baltimore Crime. He's been involved with going after drug dealers and gang violence. Heck, he's the leader of one of the gangs that the police are trying to track down and bring to justice in The Wire. He's obviously not the most moral person around.

However...he's still got a serious rule set that he always follows. Despite his life of crime, he will never break the "code" that he has. Despite the crime that goes on between gangs, he NEVER attacks or goes after police nor innocent bystanders. Anyone who isn't "in the game" should be left alone no matter what. And, I respect that. Omar's a very complicated character (like a good chunk of characters on the Wire) because despite living a life of crime, he's by far the most heroic criminal within Baltimore. I love anti-heroes, and Omar is one of the most well-known anti-heroes in fiction. This write-up would be longer if I finished the wire, but I've only finished season 1 so far. However, I look forward to learning more about Omar when I restart my watch of it.

62nd: Donna Noble
Doctor Who

Donna is my FAVORITE companion from Doctor Who. People will fan girl about Rose and Clara and Jack Harkness...but in my opinion, Donna Noble is the best companion that modern Doctor Who has ever had. What I love about Donna is that she keeps the Doctor down on earth whenever he goes crazy or gets too lofty in his ideas and goals. The Doctor is known for being the most brilliant being in the universe, saving planets left and right from evil...but he can get very over the top in his thoughts and get caught up in his own head. Whenever that happens, Donna is right there to slap some sense into him (sometimes literally) so that he can actually think clearly as much as possible and not get any "bright ideas." It's a very comedic pair between the 10th Doctor and Donna, and it helps that David Tennant and Catherine Tate are good friends IRL. It makes the duo all the more entertaining and fun.

Also, series 2 and 3 of Doctor Who were known for having a companion that either entered a romantic relationship with the Doctor or were close to it...which is part of the reason why I LOVE Donna, because she is NOT a romantic companion. Rather, she was the best friend of the Doctor who was not interested in romance, ever. Having Donna as the best friend was necessary for the show, because Doctor Who already did the romantic storyline with 10 and we needed a change of pace. Donna brought that change of pace in spades. Despite their close friendship though, at the end of series 4 Donna had her memory wiped of all adventures done with the Doctor. It's very sad, but 10 thought he needed to do it so that she could be safe from any potential threats. It's a very tragic end to their friendship, but it makes the story all the more beautiful.

Overall, Donna is hilarious, blunt yet loyal, plays off the 10th doctor well since 10 and Donna are quite opposite in personality, and above all else...she's the best friend of the Doctor who had to suffer through a lot of struggle, and that's what makes her character so fascinating to me.

61st: George Michael Bluth
Arrested Development

George Michael, like the rest of the AD cast, is a very funny case of a character because instead of growing as a person and becoming better, he arguably grows worse as the show progresses. It's one of the many reasons why I love Arrested Development, because it subverts character development. He starts out as a naive yet kind teen working at the family frozen banana stand. At the same time, he also is trying to wrestle through his own teenage emotions as to how he feels about Maeby, his primary love interest in the show. He starts out as a pretty average teen from the start, but then...he regresses. You could count it as character development I guess, but he goes backward in maturity.

Eventually, the pressure of his crazy family becomes too much for him, and he eventually both punches out his father Michael AND his uncle, GOB Bluth. After dealing with their crap of the former being over-protective and hypocritical, and the latter just being an idiot...George Michael starts to adopt the rougher and darker personality that Maeby has, where instead of being a kind and mature person, instead he opens up a fake business and runs it as CEO. The noble and moral George Michael begins to die, and instead he becomes someone who lets his surroundings corrupt him because of his own insecurities, and he ends up becoming a more timid version of Maeby: someone who is on the selfish side. It's thrilling regression for George Michael, and he is such an entertaining character because of it. I love the entire cast of Arrested Development, but George Michael stands out because I didn't expect him to be as thrilling as he was. It was a wonder to see.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Back from my weekly trip to Dave & Buster's

They finally have a Switch game for a prize that isn't Fortnite: The LEGO Movie 2 Video Game, though I'm doubtful I want it.

The most interesting thing there was two girls dressed up as Shy Gals.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
@Shishœ Erureido Erureido The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn DarkAuraful DarkAuraful Dr. Jojo Phantasma Dr. Jojo Phantasma And other Fate fans.

Oh dear....
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/b6bj5h/ufotable_under_investigation_for_tax_fraud/

Someone did post what they are being investigated for in the comments.
MobileTortoise:
For those who want a bit more info...

Rumour is they did the same thing Gainax was found guilty of doing in the 90s. They had so much money coming in that instead of reporting it, they just put it directly into non-reported bank accounts. They then get side-tracked on the "reporting" front, make more money, deposit money into more accounts/same accounts, until they get found out (The president taking large chunks of these unreported accounts in the process). Animation companies in Japan apparently are terrible at managing funds...

They were audited after the success of Evangelion in 1995

From Gainax's wiki page,

"Gainax president Takeshi Sawamura and tax accountant Yoshikatsu Iwasaki were arrested on July 13, 1999 and later jailed for accounting fraud."

keep in mind it took roughly 4 years for the Japanese IRS too come to a conclusion/prosecute. The article linked says it will take at LEAST a year too come to a conclusion, so UFOtable can still work normally.

As a whole Gainax THEN went on to create, Diebuster, Gurren Lagann, and Panty & Stocking...so they were fine. Keep in mind though they ALSO had some of the best people in the industry still working there (Anno, Nishigori, and Imaishi, too name a few)
And If you're wondering if this will affect Heaven's Feel 3, according to another person in the comment, the guy who is taking the fall and resigning is, besides being producer of every ufotable project, is also responsible for production(managing schedule), marketing matters(including tourism in some areas), the titular cafes, pushing for the anime adaption of Emiya Gohan(the cooking anime) and is the Sound Director for both Heaven's Feels movies. So they are a big deal.

Here's hoping that Heaven's Feel 3 still has most of it's good talent around.

Edit: Just a bit of a note, Ufotable isn't the one doing the Case Files anime. That's Troyca.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
@Shishœ Erureido Erureido The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn DarkAuraful DarkAuraful Dr. Jojo Phantasma Dr. Jojo Phantasma And other Fate fans.

Oh dear....
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/b6bj5h/ufotable_under_investigation_for_tax_fraud/

MobileTortoise:

Rumour is they did the same thing Gainax was found guilty of doing in the 90s. They had so much money coming in that instead of reporting it, they just put it directly into non-reported bank accounts. They then get side-tracked on the "reporting" front, make more money, deposit money into more accounts/same accounts, until they get found out (The president taking large chunks of these unreported accounts in the process). Animation companies in Japan apparently are terrible at managing funds...

From Gainax's wiki page,

"Gainax president Takeshi Sawamura and tax accountant Yoshikatsu Iwasaki were arrested on July 13, 1999 and later jailed for accounting fraud."

keep in mind it took roughly 4 years for the Japanese IRS too come to a conclusion/prosecute. The article linked says it will take at LEAST a year too come to a conclusion, so UFOtable can still work normally.

As a whole Gainax THEN went on to create, Diebuster, Gurren Lagann, and Panty & Stocking...so they were fine. Keep in mind though they ALSO had some of the best people in the industry still working there (Anno, Nishigori, and Imaishi, too name a few)
And If you're wondering if this will affect Heaven's Feel 3, according to another person in the comment, the guy who is taking the fall and resigning is, besides being producer of every ufotable project, is also responsible for production(managing schedule), marketing matters(including tourism in some areas), the titular cafes, pushing for the anime adaption of Emiya Gohan(the cooking anime) and is the Sound Director for both Heaven's Feels movies. So they are a big deal.

I can't believe Yoshi is becoming a Servant

D

Deleted member

Oh dear....

MobileTortoise:

From Gainax's wiki page,

Edit: Just a bit of a note, Ufotable isn't the one doing the Case Files anime. That's Troyca.
I can't believe Yoshi is becoming a Servant
Guess Saber isn't gonna show up in Smash then

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This recent Family Guy episode is really weird

Status