• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
To be fair, MCU didn't really get a lot of attention until Avengers. That's when MCU really became a cult following here.
And they never stopped moving forward

Also...
The Nick Fury eye thing was ridiculous, funny...but still ridiculous. And there definitely were some problems (especially breaking the “awesome villians/antagonists” stress Phase 3 was having), but none big enough to not rank it a 7/10 at the best and worst

Chrono.

"Really credible Smash DLC leak has just popped"
*its just an eshop edit*

YouTubers never fail to disappoint.

If you're curious about the characters.

Joker, Cuphead, Crono, Marine and Jibanyan.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
*its just an eshop edit*

Joker in Smash?

That sounds impossible. No way would that actually ha- oh wait...

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I remember being so excited for Joker until I came to learn that it was just some anime *** character. ;(
This is Smash...

Every character is anime in some shape or form...

Except for :ultdiddy::ultkrool: and :ultdarksamus:. Those guys are western animation

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*its just an eshop edit*

Why is Crono suddenly so popular with fake leaks?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
*its just an eshop edit*

Wait for real?

If so holy **** is this quite an oddball roster. Would main half of them.

D

Deleted member

*its just an eshop edit*

Marine? John space marine?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
*its just an eshop edit*

Oh wait I read this wrong. I get what you mean now.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Some people are still willing to die on the "Nintendo connection" hill.

Or an attempt to separate themselves from the usual Soras and Erdricks you see in leaks.
It’s impossible to ride or die with either paths...unless Shantae and John Cena were involved

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I'm surprised no one has brought this up yet, but the box art for Fire Emblem: Three Houses has been revealed, and it looks great!

The cover art is designed by Chinatsu Kurahana, and he is also revealed to be the character designer for this game! I'm not sure what other art for other games he has done, but I think someone here might now.

They also revealed some music from the game.

Here's the main theme:

And here's one of the battle themes. You'll recognize it because it played during the recent Direct:

Last but certainly not least, we got a whole lot of information about the limited edition, complete with pictures!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To raise your hopes and disappoint you
Stop making fake leaks, Gwen! D:
I'm surprised no one has brought this up yet, but the box art for Fire Emblem: Three Houses has been revealed, and it looks great!

The cover art is designed by Mr. Chinatsu Kurahana, and he is also revealed to be the character designer for this game! I'm not sure what other art for other games he has done, but I think someone here might now.

Here's the main theme:

And here's one of the battle themes. You'll recognize it because it played during the recent Direct:

Last but certainly not least, we got a whole lot of information about the limited edition, complete with pictures!
Oh god that's actually official what the ****
EDIT: at least this will shut up "Edelgard is not primarily an axe user"

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

The cover art is designed by Mr. Chinatsu Kurahana, and he is also revealed to be the character designer for this game! I'm not sure what other art for other games he has done, but I think someone here might now.

Here's the main theme:

That's the wrong one dude, here's the actual box art
IMG_20190308_172015.png

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

>She actually looks cute here
Wtf I unironically want Female Byleth in Smash now

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Here's the main theme:

All of this is awesome
>She actually looks cute here
Wtf I unironically want Female Byleth in Smash now
I need both of the Byleths in Smash...but not playable...only Edelgard

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I...really don't like that boxart, honestly.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's nice to see some color in a Fire Emblem game, so I have no complaints if that's used as the international boxart.

I'm still not a fan of the artstyle overall, non-sprite in-game portraits in general really, but I am glad to see it being confirmed that it's a new artist so the 3DS era can be further put to rest within the fandom. Also am pretty sure Chinatsu Kurahana is a woman.

Chrono.

It's nice to see some color in a Fire Emblem game, so I have no complaints if that's used as the international boxart.

I'm still not a fan of the artstyle overall, non-sprite in-game portraits in general really, but I am glad to see it being confirmed that it's a new artist so the 3DS era can be further put to rest within the fandom. Also am pretty sure Chinatsu Kurahana is a woman.
She's indeed a lady.

I think she's mostly known for being the designer for Uta no Prince-sama, a really popular Otome series of games.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If you grab the Edelgard image from the cover and slap it on the "Everyone is Here" mural it would fit perfectly.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's because you're uncultured.

Something looks off about it but I don't know what.

All I can say is it looks like a step down from Awakening and Fates.
It kinda looks like one of those "slap the stock art together to make boxart" mock-ups you'd see on Deviantart to me. The way the main trio are positioned reminds me too much of the Shrek 2 movie poster. The colors are kind of garish. The way the weapons collide, the point of focus is different on each of them. The head of Edelgard's axe, the...top portion of Claude's bow, and...the...hilt(?) of Dimitri's lance? It brings weird focus to each of the weapons. And then the Byleth's are just kinda standing around. It communicates nothing about the game itself.

Meanwhile, let's look at what I think is the best boxart in the series, SoV.

A cohesive, warm color pallet and distinctive artstyle. The two main protagonists, front and center, have everything that needs to be communicated about them conveyed through the art. Celica, a magical priestess who cares for her people above all else, but is going through turbulent emotional trauma, eyes closed and hands clasped in prayer, and Alm, the warrior, eyes alert, but somber, staring into his blade, knowing full well he needs to topple an empire despite the odds. Both protagonists' backs are to each other, showing their physical separation, but also the closeness between them. The looming castle in the background gives a sense of scope, that the war is much bigger than they are.

But like...the Three Houses boxart doesn't really say anything. That's one of my biggest issues with it. You can't glean anything out of it beyond "hey here are three characters representative of their houses. Byleth is in the middle because he and she are you." Nothing about the teaching aspect, nothing about the church of Seiros. If anything, the fact that the monastery is so tucked away in the background makes it seem like the church isn't the overarching focal point, despite the fact that from everything we know, it is.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Also am pretty sure Chinatsu Kurahana is a woman.
Yeah, you're right on the Chinatsu Kurahana part. SF goofed up putting "Mr." in front of her name. I fixed the error in my original post.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Fire Emblem Three Houses before the boxart reveal:
images (11).jpeg

Fire Emblem Three Houses after the boxart reveal:
images (10).jpeg

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I kind of get what they're going for with the focus on the three main characters from the houses, but I agree that it fails in conveying the importance of why they're there while also (as Opossum said) failing to highlight other important elements. To kind of steal a bit of Opossum and use another FE example that I feel does a better job of conveying multiple factions, I'll use Fates. The game has two different boxarts for Birthright and Conquest, the former shows the main characters from the Hoshido faction with the background having a lighter, friendlier color scheme while the latter shows the main characters from the Nohr faction while also having a darker color scheme, and if you get the full artwork you get Azura in the middle holding up a lance with a light at the end. Thus through the full artwork you get the gist of the themes, you have two factions that you can side with depending on the game you choose, while Azura is a major player in the events and also hints at the third path due to her being in the center of it all.

Three Houses shows the three together, but the theme is not conveyed and the lack of the church serving as the 'Azura' in the middle really downplays the importance of that plot element. Thus it fails to bring everything together and highlight what the game will be about, and doesn't give you a good impression of the game.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Canceled my subscription to Inky Pen. They haven't updated their library since it launched back in December and I wanted new issues.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It kinda looks like one of those "slap the stock art together to make boxart" mock-ups you'd see on Deviantart to me. The way the main trio are positioned reminds me too much of the Shrek 2 movie poster. The colors are kind of garish. The way the weapons collide, the point of focus is different on each of them. The head of Edelgard's axe, the...top portion of Claude's bow, and...the...hilt(?) of Dimitri's lance? It brings weird focus to each of the weapons. And then the Byleth's are just kinda standing around. It communicates nothing about the game itself.

Meanwhile, let's look at what I think is the best boxart in the series, SoV.

A cohesive, warm color pallet and distinctive artstyle. The two main protagonists, front and center, have everything that needs to be communicated about them conveyed through the art. Celica, a magical priestess who cares for her people above all else, but is going through turbulent emotional trauma, eyes closed and hands clasped in prayer, and Alm, the warrior, eyes alert, but somber, staring into his blade, knowing full well he needs to topple an empire despite the odds. Both protagonists' backs are to each other, showing their physical separation, but also the closeness between them. The looming castle in the background gives a sense of scope, that the war is much bigger than they are.

But like...the Three Houses boxart doesn't really say anything. That's one of my biggest issues with it. You can't glean anything out of it beyond "hey here are three characters representative of their houses. Byleth is in the middle because he and she are you." Nothing about the teaching aspect, nothing about the church of Seiros. If anything, the fact that the monastery is so tucked away in the background makes it seem like the church isn't the overarching focal point, despite the fact that from everything we know, it is.
Agreed on all fronts. I thought I'd have more to add but I kind of don't.

Really, if I were making a poster for a sale at our store, the Three Houses boxart is what my boss would try to get me to make (put as much of everything as you can and make it loud) before I ultimately ignore him, make something visually cohesive and professional, and show him, "oh yeah that's actually way better".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom