• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
i have decided that roblox and kingdom hearts aren't actually real, it's all just a conspiracy to try and fool specifically me that these games that clearly cannot exist somehow do. please do not reply to this post trying to convince me

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There is a Pit War going on in the social (don’t even know how it started)...and I love it

KMDP

Smash Legend
Woah in a week I’ll have been here for 5 years.

...I remember planning on leaving after 4 released. lol
So you joined during the Smash 4 hype cycle and never left...

Hm...
--------------------------------------------------------------
I did something stupid earlier.

A little backstory: A few years ago I started buying Pepsi Max Cherry (known as Pepsi Max Cherry Blast in America, apparently), and shortly afterwards we bought some for my mother (she likes Cherry), she kept one can leftover for some reason, which sat in the kitchen until she cleaned around the area where she keeps her Diet Coke. She gave the can to me and I kept it around for a few weeks, not actually intending to drink it.

Today, I asked my Dad to fetch me a Cherry Pepsi while he went to the kitchen, and he brought me the old Cherry Pepsi by mistake.

Word of warning, don't drink Pepsi that's expired by two years. It tastes foul.

I have no idea why I kept it, because part of the reason I didn't drink it was because I suspected it would taste bad (it actually tasted worse that I was expecting).

D

Deleted member

I can definitely say that the internet has made me despise Doom and Kid Icarus.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
I can definitely say that the internet has made me despise Doom and Kid Icarus.
Huh, may I wonder why is that? Don't really care about Doom, but I like Kid Icarus and I'd like to know what kind of stuff makes you despise an entire series.

D

Deleted member

Huh, may I wonder why is that? Don't really care about Doom, but I like Kid Icarus and I'd like to know what kind of stuff makes you despise an entire series.
The fanbase shoving the series in my face and trying too hard to make me play them.
The Doom fandom did the same to me, and I endep up disliking the games since they were not as good as they insisted on telling me they were.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The fanbase shoving the series in my face and trying too hard to make me play them.
The Doom fandom did the same to me, and I endep up disliking the games since they were not as good as they insisted on telling me they were.
saying not as good implies it's still good

well i can assume you wont be on the hype train for doomguy for smash

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, it sounds like you wanted to be disappointed by it.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, it sounds like you wanted to be disappointed by it.
Not really.
I wanted to like Doom and tried to give some of the games and Brutal Doom a chance since “they were the best shooters I would ever play”.
But I just didn’t, and that made me dissapointed

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
oh right i got denied sight because i said illiterate

rip

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They just gave mallow shaymin in the anime wtf.

It’s temporarily but still. Ash also seems to get Meltan soon

D

Deleted member

Wait you tried Brutal Doom? I may be misremembering it, but isn't that a fanmod that cranks up the difficulty?
I know that it made the game more gory, and people online suggested me that game too many times.

In the end, it wasn’t my cup of tea as some would say.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
I dunno... I've had people shove franchises in my face and I don't despise those franchises. For example, I have a friend that can't stop talking about Dark Souls, and would not stop telling me to play the game, day after another. Gave the game a shot after a while, didn't really liked it, but I don't hate the Dark Souls franchise. In fact, I ended up appreciating some stuff and some funny things that community does.

To talk about the two franchises you've said, I haven't played Doom and I have no interest in it, but I know I can appreciate the kickass soundtrack it has. Same thing with KI, I think it's fair game disliking the game, maybe due to bad controls or stuff like that, but one can always appreciate the characters, the dialogue, and that stuff even if the game itself isn't for you.

But to be fair, I guess that if you have already stated that you don't have desire to play something and people still persist and tell you to do so, I can see getting annoyed at that attitude and therefore have a bad view of those franchises.

D

Deleted member

I dunno... I've had people shove franchises in my face and I don't despise those franchises. For example, I have a friend that can't stop talking about Dark Souls, and would not stop telling me to play the game, day after another. Gave the game a shot after a while, didn't really liked it, but I don't hate the Dark Souls franchise. In fact, I ended up appreciating some stuff and some funny things that community does.

To talk about the two franchises you've said, I haven't played Doom and I have no interest in it, but I know I can appreciate the kickass soundtrack it has. Same thing with KI, I think it's fair game disliking the game, maybe due to bad controls or stuff like that, but one can always appreciate the characters, the dialogue, and that stuff even if the game itself isn't for you.

But to be fair, I guess that if you have already stated that you don't have desire to play something and people still persist and tell you to do so, I can see getting annoyed at that attitude and therefore have a bad view of those franchises.
I also liked the OST, not gonna lie.

But yes, I got annoyed a lot by their persistence.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I know that it made the game more gory, and people online suggested me that game too many times.

In the end, it wasn’t my cup of tea as some would say.
That's fair but people shouldn't be recommending a modded version that's harder, especially to a beginner. Although looking at the Kid Icarus stuff, you're overreacting as nobody's forcing you to play it or anything

D

Deleted member

That's fair but people shouldn't be recommending a modded version that's harder, especially to a beginner. Although looking at the Kid Icarus stuff, you're overreacting as nobody's forcing you to play it or anything
I feel like the Kid Icarus stuff may have happened because I rushed my thoughts and my brain twisted them after all the stuff that happened this week, because I am feeling too pessimistic recently.

However, it is true that people suggested me to play Brutal Doom a lot. In fact, some told me that to enjoy Doom I had to play on the hardest difficulties, since the easier modes were not “the right way”.

At the moment, I just want to take a break from all of that. I want to look for other stuff to talk about to clean my mind.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I feel like the Kid Icarus stuff may have happened because I rushed my thoughts and my brain twisted them after all the stuff that happened this week, because I am feeling too pessimistic recently.

However, it is true that people suggested me to play Brutal Doom a lot. In fact, some told me that to enjoy Doom I had to play on the hardest difficulties, since the easier modes were not “the right way”.

At the moment, I just want to take a break from all of that. I want to look for other stuff to talk about to clean my mind.
If people are saying you aren't allowed to enjoy easier settings then they can **** off, that's garbage and gatekeeping

D

Deleted member

But he's green! And Green is the hallmark colour of Evil!

...wait.
So that’s actually why Insomniac decided to make Spyro purple instead of green?

If people are saying you aren't allowed to enjoy easier settings then they can **** off, that's garbage and gatekeeping
Good to know.
At least I know who to ignore if a case like that happens again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom