• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i accidentally friendzoned a girl i liked one time and i didnt even know until like 2 years later

that was a fun story

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I've been friendzoned twice, and in both cases I think it was a good thing lol

And regarding me sending someone to the zone, I dunno; Im dense as a brick.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I always find conversations on the friend zone weird.

Like, we all agree it exists in some way, and we all agree it sucks to be in it. There's just people that accept that with grace (what you should do) and move on, and people who don't accept it at all ( what you shouldn't do) and keep trying or complain.

I've noticed that the latter group has dissuaded people of the former group to even talk about the concept. It's like the word is tarnished forever.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I refuse to acknowledge "friendzone" as an actual concept because its nature denies the existence of healthy friendships.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
And regarding me sending someone to the zone, I dunno; Im dense as a brick.
thats exactly how i friendzone people

dude if you like me tell me straight-up because i am afraid of rejection to even try

I refuse to acknowledge "friendzone" as an actual concept because its nature denies the existence of healthy friendships.
friends dont need to worry about the friendzone if they're not pursuing a romantic relationship

they're in their zone
the zone of a healthy friendship
the friend zone, if you will

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Eh, I disagree.

I've been friend zoned and had great friendships with girls afterwards.

And there are some girls I love as friends but never ever want to date. And I have denied those girls and been friends after the fact.

The concept exist and can be healthy. It's just a lot of people are too selfish and take "I only want us to be friends" as an insult.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Eh, I disagree.

And there are some girls I love as friends but never ever want to date. And I have denied those girls and been friends after the fact.

The concept exist and can be healthy. It's just a lot of people are too selfish to take "I only want us to be friends" as an insult.
I think you mean: "It's just a lot of people are too selfish and take "I only want us to be friends" as an insult."

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think you mean: "It's just a lot of people are too selfish and take "I only want us to be friends" as an insult."
Whoops. Yeah that's a typo.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Can't be "friendzoned" if you never had someone to be "friendzoned" by. :smirk:I mean, it's true for me as I never had a girlfriend so far.

That aside, I blame TV shows and whatnot that actually bring that up and it's pretty much everybody except one character believes men and women can't just be friends.........I wish I was kidding. Even if a couple of them were likely they were just messing with the one person, you know how people take things way too seriously. Like forensic evidence.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
oh man i wonder why the live action shaggy from the early 2000s sounds like the shaggy uses now

*wikipedias that*

oh i shouldve known it was lillard the whole time

Matthew Lillard was in his 30s when he played Shaggy in Live Action? Goddamn.

D

Deleted member

Eh, I disagree.

The concept exist and can be healthy. It's just a lot of people are too selfish and take "I only want us to be friends" as an insult.
It's not a real thing. You haven't been friendzoned, you've been rejected, that's all. Don't try to normalize a word created by people trying to justify their own inability to accept rejection.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Can't be "friendzoned" if you never had someone to be "friendzoned" by. :smirk:I mean, it's true for me as I never had a girlfriend so far.

That aside, I blame TV shows and whatnot that actually bring that up and it's pretty much everybody except one character believes men and women can't just be friends.........I wish I was kidding. Even if a couple of them were likely they were just messing with the one person, you know how people take things way too seriously. Like forensic evidence.
Zoom and Enhance!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
My friend is making upward progress on a sporadic, nearly ten year journey out of the friendzone. He's playing the long game, and we're all very pleased for him.

Unfortunately that (atypical) situation gives some false hope that they'll be able to buck the trend. They're kind of ignoring the "decade apart" factor, and all that can happen in that time.

Only if you ignore the massive difference between two people being on the same page versus two people at an interpersonal imbalance.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's not a real thing. You haven't been friendzoned, you've been rejected, that's all. Don't try to normalize a word created by people trying to justify their own inability to accept rejection.
This is exactly what my post was referring to above, lmao

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just wanted three Broom posts in a row.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Back in my college days, the friendzone **** was even a meme, I had some friends that pretty much encouraged each other to "wrestle out of the zone", leading young me to do some dumb*** stuff

Now all of us know is something we should not complain about, if something blooms naturally then is cool, if not, is cool too.

D

Deleted member

Pretty much, honestly I feel like being bi makes me see the "friendzone" as not that big of a deal at all since I just have to deal with not getting with guys I find hot unless I already know they're orientation.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So Grimer is getting replaced by a literal broom? :V

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You become an admin instead
i already cursed my chances by lying about my age when i was 12

and also ive done admin **** before elsewhere, it aint as fun as it sounds

Chrono.

Hunting treasure chests in KH3 and holy **** the hiding places in some of these.

I never want to see everyone call these worlds lifeless and empty again.

Unless it's Twilight Town.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This talk about the friend zone made me think of Uncle Swamp's dating life.

The stories I have...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You mean fixing things when the site screws up isn't fun? /s
its nice to make the common user happy, but its also monotonous to constantly enforce the law on people

there was a literal point where i was saving files to copy/paste for warnings and it just kinda broke me down after a while

the biggest i did was really change some rules around to make it more accessible, but also more quality of life

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The last girlfriend I had was back in high school many years ago.

Never got back into the dating scene or even tried to. Where I am in my life right now, I need to worry more about myself than others. Which isn't hard when you're a 477 lb. dude with mental issues. :061:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom