• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
So I saw Mandy last night...
What the **** even was that movie
I mean, I liked it a lot, and it's legit got some of the best acting I've ever seen from Nicholas Cage, but still...
What the **** even was that movie

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Er...do I want to know how that old meme got into the thread title?

I do have something relevant, though. Sneak peak for what'll hopefully be on the front page in a few days?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
When you are one of the few that gets the thread title but can't meme about it because others doesn't get the reference.

tumblr_p9o4rrZ3dB1v8lyn7o5_r1_250 (1).png

Potato_

Smash Lord
So that Jump Force roster sure ended up being sterile as **** huh.

How did J-stars manage to have a better roster

To put it in perspective:
- J Stars has 39 characters with 24 series represented
- Jump Force has 40 characters with 16 series represented
Jump Ultimate Stars remains the king.

All this means is that I can skip it and pick it up at like $30 or something. Still want to play my Rukia/Yusuke/Deku (Or Yugi/Kakashi, not sure) team, but not for $80. Kurama missing is really sad for me, especially because there's no way he'd make it as dlc over Hiei.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Jump Ultimate Stars remains the king.

All this means is that I can skip it and pick it up at like $30 or something. Still want to play my Rukia/Yusuke/Deku (Or Yugi/Kakashi, not sure) team, but not for $80. Kurama missing is really sad for me, especially because there's no way he'd make it as dlc over Hiei.
On that note, I have no clue why they were pushing Hiei above Kurama in terms of popularity when in the show they were pretty much complimentary with equal time going into their backstories...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yo, someone knows the name of the song that plays during this video? (The second one, not the Tangled one used in the intro)

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah there's a Cloud statue and an Auron statue at the beginning of the Olympus world.
They spent all the Final Fantasy casting budget on constructing Cloud and Auron statues and making the Verum Rex trailer.
(Note: this is an in-universe joke)
I now know the lyrics to most if not all the KH theme songs by heart

is that bad?
Maybe if you knew the lyrics to all the KH theme songs in Japanese.
I can help think of a reason if you want but if I get anything it won’t be until later today since it’s super early lol
Getting help from others helps speed things along, thanks for the offer. :grin:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh right lol
In the past, when I've talked about my ideas, people don't usually offer up suggestions.

Getting ideas from others is really helpful when you need to think outside the box, so it's always been a little frustrating for me that people don't (I understand why, though).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
In the past, when I've talked about my ideas, people don't usually offer up suggestions.

Getting ideas from others is really helpful when you need to think outside the box, so it's always been a little frustrating for me that people don't (I understand why, though).
I did have every intention but I guess it just slipped my mind. I like thinking up video game stuff as should be common knowledge by now lol

KMDP

Smash Legend
I did have every intention but I guess it just slipped my mind. I like thinking up video game stuff as should be common knowledge by now lol
I've been thinking up video game stuff since I was a child, I used to draw Sonic levels in a notebook with a Marker Pen.

When I was really young I would always forget to draw Sonic's arms when I drew him.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I've been thinking up video game stuff since I was a child, I used to draw Sonic levels in a notebook with a Marker Pen.

When I was really young I would always forget to draw Sonic's arms when I drew him.
When my bro and I were kids we used to make games on game maker. We made an entire game based off our old OCs, and my bro made most of a zelda fan game and I made a weird Luigi fan game where Luigi fought enemies with a giant staff.

(I also made a flip book on Microsoft power point of an adventure with Luigi that went for 2000 pages)

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I have a feeling I sort of know the origin of the title (due to the time I've spent on TV Tropes because I have no life, and I have looked on the Fire Emblem/Memes page more than once before), but I'm not 100% sure.

Anyways, I just got back from seeing The Lego Movie 2. I enjoyed the movie quite a lot, though I'm not sure whether I liked it more than the first one.

KMDP

Smash Legend
When my bro and I were kids we used to make games on game maker. We made an entire game based off our old OCs, and my bro made most of a zelda fan game and I made a weird Luigi fan game where Luigi fought enemies with a giant staff.

(I also made a flip book on Microsoft power point of an adventure with Luigi that went for 2000 pages)
I used to (try to) make Sonic games using The Games Factory, and I've made RPGs in RPG Maker using OCs (OCs I still use to this day). I would have probably been better off using Game Maker for the platformers.

I can relate to that flip book thing as well. :laugh: That kind of thing is pretty much all I used Power Point for; I don't think I used Power Point for it's intended purpose until I was in Year 12 (16/17; 11th Grade/Junior Year for Americans).

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So I was reminded recently that Digimon is known for its recolors. Either to make fully new Digimon or just to add a color note to its name. For example, Psychemon(heavy purple palette swap of Gabumon) or ShadowToyAgumon(a black version of ToyAgumon, which sometimes doesn't even bother to use any word other than ToyAgumon to describe it. I think it's interesting in this way. Though to be fair, Digimon Fusion had terrible "use titles to sell merchandise" consistency-wise. MudFrigimon and Yukidarumon were used... in the same. Freaking. Episode).

KMDP

Smash Legend
So I was reminded recently that Digimon is known for its recolors. Either to make fully new Digimon or just to add a color note to its name. For example, Psychemon(heavy purple palette swap of Gabumon) or ShadowToyAgumon(a black version of ToyAgumon, which sometimes doesn't even bother to use any word other than ToyAgumon to describe it. I think it's interesting in this way. Though to be fair, Digimon Fusion had terrible "use titles to sell merchandise" consistency-wise. MudFrigimon and Yukidarumon were used... in the same. Freaking. Episode).
I haven't watched the Digimon dubs since the early episodes of Tamers; I've been watching the subs since I got back into Digimon circa 2009. I only know what year I got back in because I remember that I had rewatched all the seasons before Xros Wars (Fusion) started. A similar thing happened with Pokémon actually, I stopped watching the Pokémon anime around the beginning of the Johto season, though I never got back into it.

That MudFrigimon + Yukidarumon thing sounds so stupid. Either call them Frigimon and MudFrigimon or call them Yukidarumon and Tsuchidarumon, don't pull from one for one and the other for the other. :rolleyes:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I used to (try to) make Sonic games using The Games Factory, and I've made RPGs in RPG Maker using OCs (OCs I still use to this day). I would have probably been better off using Game Maker for the platformers.

I can relate to that flip book thing as well. :laugh: That kind of thing is pretty much all I used Power Point for; I don't think I used Power Point for it's intended purpose until I was in Year 12 (16/17; 11th Grade/Junior Year for Americans).
I’ve yet to use it for its intended purpose lol

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I haven't watched the Digimon dubs since the early episodes of Tamers; I've been watching the subs since I got back into Digimon circa 2009. I only know what year I got back in because I remember that I had rewatched all the seasons before Xros Wars (Fusion) started. A similar thing happened with Pokémon actually, I stopped watching the Pokémon anime around the beginning of the Johto season, though I never got back into it.

That MudFrigimon + Yukidarumon thing sounds so stupid. Either call them Frigimon and MudFrigimon or call them Yukidarumon and Tsuchidarumon, don't pull from one for one and the other for the other. :rolleyes:
Oh, wait, it was MudFrigimon and Tsuchidarumon then. They literally used both of their names in the same episode, which was my main point. It's that inconsistent.

It's not as bad as Power Rangers Season 2, where they can't seem to get the Thunder Megazord and Mega Thunderzord name straight. But admittedly the acting for that season was really really bad. The monsters were just awful sometimes. Lipsyncher screaming "NO!" and flailing around while Red Dragon Thunderzord(Warrior Mode) is leaps off the Assault Team to do its finishing attack. And White Ranger(Tommy) just suddenly laughing in a mock evil voice for no reason either. Though the latter might just be a result of how his Japanese counterpart is like that, but the writing was still pretty bad sometimes. Even Tor's first appearance was cheesy as hell. He gets knocked onto his back, flailing his legs around. The music is good, though. Season 3 has bad moments too, with Globber being such a nitwit. "Ohhhh yeahh!" "Uh uh uhnnnn!"(like making the noise before you charge at someone). And he has a bubble sound effect like a fishy guy. Though it seems like Master Vile is the TV's version take on Master Ooze to a degree. Except more elderly(he even has half-rim glasses) and is Rita's father, so not Rita and Zedd's enemy too. He's based upon Daimaou from Kakuranger. And it seems like Vile is more active overall with his actual actions. He's the true main villain of Seasons 1-3 as well. It should be noted that, bar Zedd, he has the same family members total as his Japanese counterpart. A son and daughter, compared to a brother and sister for Daimaou. ...Or not. Just noticed Rito's counterpart is the same, being the guy's son. Rita and Witch Bandora don't share the same family ties. In fact, Witch Bandora went mad due to her son Kai being killed by a Tyrannosaurus, which explains the whole dino zord stuff.

Vile does have a grandson too, Thrax. Besides that, Zedd is his son-in-law. And he did create Blue Globber, though that isn't really treated like proper family like the others are. He's kind of a jerk, but is there to help his daughter live somewhere else when the Machine Empire takes over, so he clearly cares to some degree. We don't know who Rita's Mother is, though that's probably an adaption-related thing. He can create monsters by spitting out eggs, so there is a possibility Rito was born that way. That said, he simply knows Dischordia, a diva monster who Zedd used to have a crush on. He also created Professor Longnose. It's pretty neat what these guys can do. He also grows to giant size, not unlike Ooze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom