• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Did Best Kombat Kid Takeda really get sandbagged for Jacqui? Man, I hope they really make her more interesting if that's the case. Her design and personality were fairly bland in MKX. Granted, Takeda was the only one of the four I liked. But I am glad that Kotal Kahn and Erron Black make it back in. Now those dudes had cool designs.

Yeah Jojo isn't getting more characters than DBZ, OP, or Naruto.
Then add Gohan, Buu and Krillin.

But eh, Jump Force doesn't look like my game. Never got into Naruto Ninja Storm games like that.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Jotaro, DIO, Giorno

literally the perfect trio possible for the series in a crossover, and i suspect giorno is gonna be dlc because i guess japan animeonlies exist too

but seriously just give me my ****ing joj fighter arcsys, dont give me that animeonly treatment either like that bootleg fortnite arcade game

Chrono.

I can't believe Einhander of all things got more stuff in KH3 than FF.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I can't believe Einhander of all things got more stuff in KH3 than FF.
My personal theory is that Nomura is really sore about how they changed FFXV. Also explains why the fake game trailer has a knock-off Noctis whose name means "Night Sky" and the title means "True King"

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
My personal theory is that Nomura is really sore about how they changed FFXV. Also explains why the fake game trailer has a knock-off Noctis whose name means "Night Sky" and the title means "True King"
Nomura... I got a love/hate relationship with the guy. On one hand his games are almost always good but at other times it just seems like it's his way or the highway and his games end up taking way too ****ing long and end up being a narrative mess. Kingdom Hearts included.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Whoever added Wargroove to the title thread is confirmed to have A++ taste.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I have no say in this conversation...for now

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh yeah; praline praline , remember when I posted that Fire Emblem chapter synopsis a few days ago?

Yesterday I had a breakthrough with the plot summary of a Fire Emblem fan game I've been mulling over in my head (I had a general idea but very little concrete plotting).
The island Country of Amblia has been isolationist for many years, so much so that they are technologically behind the rest of the world by a significant amount. Amblia is run by a Union of Eight Kingdoms: Cyntaf, Ceutaiche, Mawrlaoch, Modall, Wohlha, Ireine, Piedra and Rischam.

While the Country's Monarchs are adamant about maintaining the status quo, the young royals believe that the borders should be reopened. Things change when the King of Cyntaf, Erwin Skye, is murdered; Isaac and Rosa, the Prince and Princess of Cyntaf, set out to find their father's killer as the monarchs of the other countries begin slowly being killed.
----------------------------------------
While I have this amount of the plot figured out (along with "who is the mastermind and why are they doing this?"), I need to work out a good reason for the Country to have sequestered itself from the rest of the world in the past.

Last edited:

Chrono.

There's more to it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Did Best Kombat Kid Takeda really get sandbagged for Jacqui? Man, I hope they really make her more interesting if that's the case. Her design and personality were fairly bland in MKX. Granted, Takeda was the only one of the four I liked. But I am glad that Kotal Kahn and Erron Black make it back in. Now those dudes had cool designs.

Then add Gohan, Buu and Krillin.
Yeah that legit pissed me off when I saw that. Not to mention there's going to be no member of the Kenshi family on the roster if what we saw was indeed the final roster. NRS be tripping man.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I started playing Genealogy of the Holy War for the first time. Having a good time so far; just finished the Prologue because my god the maps are big here lol.

Also I really like Azelle so far. Put Azelle in Heroes, IS.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So I started playing Genealogy of the Holy War for the first time. Having a good time so far; just finished the Prologue because my god the maps are big here lol.

Insert Kaga meme here.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also apparently I recruit Ayra in this chapter and I heard she's a pain to recruit. When I start Chapter 1 that's gonna be...something, I suppose.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The leaked trophies are here. https://steamdb.info/app/976310/stats/

But if you don't wanna dig through all that, I got the list.

1. Baraka
  2. Cassie Cage
  3. D'Vorah
  4. Erron Black
  5. Frost
  6. Geras
  7. Jacqui
  8. Jade
  9. Johnny Cage
  10. Kabal
  11. Kano
  12. Kitana
  13. Kotal Kahn
  14. Kung Lao
  15. Liu Kang
  16. Raiden
  17. Scorpion
  18. Skarlet
  19. Sonya
  20. Subzero
  21. CET (new character)
  22. TER (new character)
  23. KOL (new character)
  24. Unknown
  25. Unknown
Legitimately surprised they brought back Jacqui since she always seemed to be overshadowed by their companions and even her father, so I thought any of the others or Jax would be back over her. Hopefully they do her right this time since I felt she was fine, but underutilized, and that's not a good thing when you're up against characters like Scorpion, Quan Chi, or even fellow newcomers like Kotal Kahn.

As for the rest, still salty about Reptile and Mileena missing the boat (even if the latter has story reasons for why that is) since those two were my preferred characters in the franchise, but at least Jade is back. I look forward to seeing how they update her moveset from 9, as well as how they bring her back into the story since she's still Quan Chi's puppet in one timeline.

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Speaking of Fire Emblem;
I started playing Shadow Dragon not too long ago, on Chapter 9/24
Is it weird I kinda feel guilty for not being able to get everybody up to an even level

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Speaking of Fire Emblem;
Is it weird I kinda feel guilty for not being able to get everybody up to an even level
Yeah, you get SO many goddamn units that you'll never use and Marth gets a total of 10 levels less than most characters (Marth's max is level 30 but most of the cast can reach level 20 and then promot and reach level 20 again, especially if you abuse the arenas and save states)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of Fire Emblem;
Honestly, I really wouldn't worry about that, haha. Shadow Dragon gives you an ungodly amount of units because it's a remake of their first outing, so they gave the player lots of filler-y replacement units. Did you lose Jagen? Take Midia. Gordin die in Chapter 8? Have Tomas. That sort of thing.

If you tried to use everyone evenly you'd just spread your resources too thin. :p Which characters have been putting in the most work?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Speaking of Fire Emblem;
Don't be.
They're tools for a job and if a tool isn't worth keeping, toss em. You get enough junk units as is so it's not worth spending the limited EXP you have on them

Except if they're Caeda.
She's ****ing broken.

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Honestly, I really wouldn't worry about that, haha. Shadow Dragon gives you an ungodly amount of units because it's a remake of their first outing, so they gave the player lots of filler-y replacement units. Did you lose Jagen? Take Midia. Gordin die in Chapter 8? Have Tomas. That sort of thing.

If you tried to use everyone evenly you'd just spread your resources too thin. :p Which characters have been putting in the most work?
Ahh, I see! It's my first Fire Emblem so I wasn't really aware ^^;

Outside of Marth, Merric's been getting a lot of use, Lena's been getting a lot of use, Caeda, Jagen, Hardin, Navarre, Ogma, Abel was getting a lot until I kinda stopped using him out of fear everyone else would be outclassed by him, and there was some axe dude I kept using (I think it was Bord). That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ahh, I see! It's my first Fire Emblem so I wasn't really aware ^^;

Outside of Marth, Merric's been getting a lot of use, Lena's been getting a lot of use, Caeda, Jagen, Hardin, Navarre, Ogma, Abel was getting a lot until I kinda stopped using him out of fear everyone else would be outclassed by him, and there was some axe dude I kept using (I think it was Bord). That's all I can remember off the top of my head.
Yeah, a lot of those guys are by and large considered to be some of the more useful units in the game, so that's a pretty good roster (though it's kinda funny that Bord's doing well for you, generally Barst, the blue haired one, is considered the best Fighter :p). Generally, as you progress, you're going to want a core team of about 10-12 units for consistency purposes, but chapter nine is early enough that you have some leeway left to make those choices. The only thing I'd suggest, without giving too many spoilers, is that you should definitely have a strong tome user with good resistance before Chapter 23.

Also a lot of your better characters are also some of my personal favorites, so points for that. :p

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Man, how on earth is the Musketeer Trio spirit battle in Smash Ultimate not considered to be Legend and instead called Ace?

I have been playing on it, but still haven't won it. It's just extremely cheap with the way the CPUs gang up on you and hit you super hard with the beam swords. >_>

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So my luck is insane:
2BF808B2-2114-4C68-9600-B11D25734AA7.png

This was my first session at 3.0. Got the best units and ones I wanted as well as neutral ivs on both which is crazy.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So my luck is insane:
View attachment 190927
This was my first session at 3.0. Got the best units and ones I wanted as well as neutral ivs on both which is crazy.

That's lit, and impressive, congrats.
Also 80 easy Armor Dragonflowers.

Im sitting with a 3.75% pity rate, so I decided to do the only logical thing to deal with my salt:
20190208_012851.jpg

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

You're just now playing the 3rd best Fire Emblem? The ****?

Nah, it is super good though. My nostalgia takes over and makes the Radiant games the best ones.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh yeah; praline praline , remember when I posted that Fire Emblem chapter synopsis a few days ago?

Yesterday I had a breakthrough with the plot summary of a Fire Emblem fan game I've been mulling over in my head (I had a general idea but very little concrete plotting).
The island Country of Amblia has been isolationist for many years, so much so that they are technologically behind the rest of the world by a significant amount. Amblia is run by a Union of Eight Kingdoms: Cyntaf, Ceutaiche, Mawrlaoch, Modall, Wohlha, Ireine, Piedra and Rischam.

While the Country's Monarchs are adamant about maintaining the status quo, the young royals believe that the borders should be reopened. Things change when the King of Cyntaf, Erwin Skye, is murdered; Isaac and Rosa, the Prince and Princess of Cyntaf, set out to find their father's killer as the monarchs of the other countries begin slowly being killed.
----------------------------------------
While I have this amount of the plot figured out (along with "who is the mastermind and why are they doing this?"), I need to work out a good reason for the Country to have sequestered itself from the rest of the world in the past.
I can help think of a reason if you want but if I get anything it won’t be until later today since it’s super early lol

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hang on. My bud said there was a scene near the beginning that had Cloud cameo. Was he mistaken?
Alright, here's my review of Majora's Mask...

I love this bloody game. Yes, I got frustrated over it at times...but that's because I didn't get it at first and I needed to chill and gather my bearings, get used to the map and challenge present in front of me, and then go from there.

Aside from swimming with zora mask being hard to get used to (I FINALLY got used to it during the moon section), I love everything else in the game. Yeah, it's hard to get used to it at first, but the difficulty scaling is on point for the most part. The story is possibly the best I've ever seen in any video game, the controls feel better than in Ocarina of Time (Z-targetting is still kinda hard to land sometimes if there are too many enemies in the space, but the camera is less finicky from what I noticed), the side quests actually MATTER which is amazing because it helps me get invested in the world, Termina is awesome, and heck the music is solid.

Basically, it does about everything VERY right, and it is definitely my favorite LoZ game. I do love A Link to the Past, but Majora's Mask is so...unique. And awesome.

FINAL SCORE: 10/10
Yeah, Majora's Mask is one of a kind and if you really, really want to love the game even more 100% it then go lore diving on Majora. **** gets wild with all the theories going around. Says a lot about how realized Termina is in terms of character when people can drone on and on about this masterpiece. Hands down my favorite Zelda. I play it and OoT at least once a year.

Edit: also swapping g L-Targeting to toggle like it was on the 64 helps immensely. Makes it much easier to swap from enemy to enemy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd highly recommand it. I'm watching it with 40 episodes in and it's awesome. I'm hooked.

Killua is my ******* boy.
Is that around the beginning of Heaven's Arena or am I misremembering it? I'm already at the Yorkshin arc so tag me if you're ever gonna nerd out about the show.
Also apparently I recruit Ayra in this chapter and I heard she's a pain to recruit. When I start Chapter 1 that's gonna be...something, I suppose.
You need to capture the castle she spawns at before talking to her which means you have to avoid a deadly Myrmidon without fighting them while trying to reach a place that's also guarded by a bunch of mooks so you better hope someone on your team can take her attacks without killing her in return.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Solution to 99% of problems in the first half of FE4:
1. Use Sigurd
2. ???
3. Profit

Solution to the other 1% of problems:
Alec comes with Nihil, which is useful for recruiting Ayra since it means you can throw him out as bait without risking Ayra tearing him many new ones with Astra. So you just lure her far enough away, then let Sigurd do his job and clean out the castle. It helps that Sigurd can kill the boss and seize the castle in the same turn, too, since Ayra stops being a problem as soon as the castle is taken.

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Is that around the beginning of Heaven's Arena or am I misremembering it? I'm already at the Yorkshin arc so tag me if you're ever gonna nerd out about the show.
The Heaven's Arena ended right around episode 38 so I'm right at the next arc as well. Just finished episode 43 last night. Assuming I'm at wherever you are however...

- Gon and Killua meet up with Leorio back in York New City.
- The three go off into arm wrestling shenneigans to make some money (to get that phone Leorio recommended I believe?).
- Kurapika got a hired among others as a bodyguard to protect the boss on the way to that city.
- The Phantom Troupe come reach as well and starting attacking the auciton house, leaving many people killed.
- Phantom Troupe escapes to somewhere outside the city where they're followed by the bodyguards, Kurapika and the others.
- The Shadow Beasts come through to go jump them.

So yeah right now I'm with Kurapika.

Oh yeah and sure thing. I'll definitely do so!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Goddammit Moydow lol. I'm so mad I know what the title is referencing. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.