• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
i was never planning on getting jump force.

i want an actual 2D fighter crossover, Namco. I don't know if making it an arena fighter is trying to make it more casual, but goddamn if you ever want the Jump games to make more than the mediocre money it can get for the mediocre Smash Bros. you've been making for years, then follow Arc's footsteps if you're being best buddies with them on licensing.
Smash can never be mediocre...and neither shall some other things

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Part 3 Dio's still one of my favorite Non-Stand designs Araki's made. Though Josuke's a close second and the whole Part 3 crew is pretty clean.
i remember the days before araki went fashion coocoo crazy

dudes are gonna go nuts once they see what part 6 characters actually look like

Smash can never be mediocre...and neither shall some other things
I said Jump Force is the mediocre Smash Bros

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They can all use the Dragon Veins, just like Corrin, this is something only the royal characters can do unless given the ability to by Anankos.

If you want to get pedantic, Corrin isn't a Lord either, he's a "Nohr Prince(ss)/Hoshido Noble/Nohr Noble", the last true Lords were Chrom and Lucina.
They're not Lords in the sense it's used for FE. Otherwise we'd be calling Zephiel a Lord.
Lords are units who cause a game over when they die and/or are in the Lord class(the only time the second applies without the first is with Lucina though)

KMDP

Smash Legend
Any definition of an FE lord outside the literal class tends to be very superficial.
This is true.
They're "lords" in that in the literal sense in that they own land, but in FE terms, aka

1. Are you in the "Lord" class
and/or
2. Does losing this unit result in an instant game over.

They don't really count.
I consider characters like Caeda, Lilina, Azura and the Fates royals "Lords" in the sense that that they are story important playable characters who also happen to be royalty.

D

Deleted member

They're not Lords in the sense it's used for FE. Otherwise we'd be calling Zephiel a Lord.
Lords are units who cause a game over when they die and/or are in the Lord class(the only time the second applies without the first is with Lucina though)
Thing is though that there's none lords that cause game overs when they die and lords that don't cause game overs when they die. Sooo.... *shrug*

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
What counts as a "lord" in FE is really kind of subjective. On one hand you have the literal class called "Lord", but even then you have characters within it like Lucina who don't fulfil all the traditional "requirements" like causing a game over if she dies. While on the other hand are characters like Lucia in Radiant Dawn, who has the "game over if she dies" thing for a few chapters, but doesn't really get counted by most people as a "lord".

I just don't really bother trying to class any given character as a "lord" in the fandom's sense of the term. It's just too inconsistent.

D

Deleted member

The characters I consider Lords are: Marth, Alm, Celica, Sigurd, Seliph, Leif, Roy, Eliwood, Lyn, Hector, Eirika, Ephraim, Ike, Micaiah, Chrom, Robin, Lucina and Corrin.
Everyone that's plot relevant is just that: plot relevant. And tbh, Lucina is only because of a technicality.

D

Deleted member

Lord is more so just a term used by the fandom anyway. Much like how in MK there's the "ninjas" despite that a good number of them aren't ninjas and there's ninjas that aren't among what people mean by the ninjas. Granted that's something that's more so blurred nowadays than when the term was first coined, but the same can be said for FE.

Or when people say that something "looks like anime". That could mean so many things, but generally people have a certain thing in mind.

The characters I consider Lords are: Marth, Alm, Celica, Sigurd, Seliph, Leif, Roy, Eliwood, Lyn, Hector, Eirika, Ephraim, Ike, Micaiah, Chrom, Robin, Lucina and Corrin.
Everyone that's plot relevant is just that: plot relevant. And tbh, Lucina is only because of a technicality.
See, why are Robin and Micaiah considered lords? That doesn't really make much sense, they're just relevant to the plot like you said.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I usually consider the "Lord" of a FE game as the unit that seizes the throne. Radiant Dawn throws this in a loop with geoffrey the paladin seizing, when he's not super important. Just the leader in a specific chapter.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Lord is more so just a term used by the fandom anyway. Much like how in MK there's the "ninjas" despite that a good number of them aren't ninjas and there's ninjas that aren't among what people mean by the ninjas. Granted that's something that's more so blurred nowadays than when the term was first coined, but the same can be said for FE.

Or when people say that something "looks like anime". That could mean so many things, but generally people have a certain thing in mind.
I have an admittedly loose definition of what it means to be a Lord in a Fire Emblem game, it's probably self-contradictory as well if I were to properly analyse it.
See, why are Robin and Micaiah considered lords? That doesn't really make much sense, they're just relevant to the plot like you said.
I was about to say. Ike should also be called into question (because he isn't a noble) and Kris should be on the list if Robin is.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
a technicality? you mean a spoiler?
Lucina is plot relevant up until the point she actually joins the army, at which point you can kill her off and the rest of the game will continue as usual.

Granted, she does have the Lord class, so that's gotta count for something.

D

Deleted member

I have an admittedly loose definition of what it means to be a Lord in a Fire Emblem game, it's probably self-contradictory as well if I were to probably analyse it.

I was about to say. Ike should also be called into question (because he isn't a noble) and Kris should be on the list if Robin is.
Ike's class is at least lord to be fair. But only when promoted in Path of Radiance. As he isn't a lord in Radiant Dawn. So you're right.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I have an admittedly loose definition of what it means to be a Lord in a Fire Emblem game, it's probably self-contradictory as well if I were to properly analyse it.

Kris is definitely on the list.

However, **** Kris, no one likes him.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I usually consider the "Lord" of a FE game as the unit that seizes the throne. Radiant Dawn throws this in a loop with geoffrey the paladin seizing, when he's not super important. Just the leader in a specific chapter.
Then there are the few games where literally anyone can "seize" to end the chapter.

Unless I'm Mandela Effecting myself.

D

Deleted member

>Joshua at 105
Oof
>Forrest at 108
BIG OOF

They're protagonists and cause gameovers when they die, that's what I consider a Lord

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Lucina is plot relevant up until the point she actually joins the army, at which point you can kill her off and the rest of the game will continue as usual.

Granted, she does have the Lord class, so that's gotta count for something.
never got her killed so actually never knew that

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Eliweeb put 11K over Marth

Either the memes are real or Marth fans literally fell asleep filled with confidence.

Alm tho.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's time.

TO CONQUER.

Also, hold up, 2 Heroes OCs made it into the ****ing top ten? Seriously? And REINHARDT?

D

Deleted member

>Joshua at 105

They're protagonists and cause gameovers when they die, that's what I consider a Lord
Lucina shouldn't be there then. Also there's other protagonists in Radiant Dawn that cause game overs when they die such as Sothe and Elincia. I know you haven't played the Tellius game though. It's weird as they don't have any traditional lords. They're pretty different from the other games of the series, plot in particular.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Also, hold up, 2 Heroes OCs made it into the ****ing top ten? Seriously?
Bruno somewhat makes sense because it's been two tears and he hasn't been playable yet.

No idea on Lif tho. Guess a lot of the playerbase has just only played Heroes.
And REINHARDT?
Magic really is everything.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Goddammit IS, if they merged Heroes Anna and Awakening Anna, she would've easily taken second place HAND OVER FIST.
Life isn't fair.jpg

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean Frost is far from my favorite character, but he isn't last place bad. :(

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
They’re not the same person though.
That's true.

However, I'd like to ask what kind person would be cool with an Anna Awakening alt but not an Anna Heroes alt and vice versa.

I mean how many people cared about the Veronica we got "isn't the one you're familiar with" or whatever.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Plus I mean Awakening Anna and Heroes Anna are basically the same Super Crown Mr. Krabs person personality-wise anyway.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Lucina shouldn't be there then. Also there's other protagonists in Radiant Dawn that cause game overs when they die such as Sothe and Elincia. I know you haven't played the Tellius game though. It's weird as they don't have any traditional lords. They're pretty different from the other games of the series, plot in particular.
I've been trying to break it down, here's what I've got
Have the "Lord" class, always cause a Game Over when killed: Marth, Sigurd, Seliph, Leif, Roy, Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Chrom​
Lords in all but name, always cause a Game Over when killed: Alm, Celica, Ike, Micaiah, Corrin​
Not Lords strictly speaking, but always cause a Game Over when killed: Sothe(?), Kris, Robin​
Have the "Lord Class", but don't cause a Game Over: Elincia, Lucina​
Honorable Mentions
Gets a "Rapier" weapon, but isn't a Lord: Caeda​
Is Blood Related to a Lord character, but isn't one anyway: Lilina, Lissa, Emmeryn, Owain​
Share a unique ability with the "Lord" character: Azura, Xander, Ryoma, Camilla, Hinoka, Leo, Takumi, Elise, Sakura​

This took way longer than it should have to break down, almost like it's an arbitrary distinction or something.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Yeah. "I'm Lin Kuei, Scorpion was a Ninja". Thank's Bi-Han, but we're still gonna call you a ninja for simplicity's sake.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
“If Marth wasn’t seperated why was Anna despite being different characters?”

Someone actually said that and like... I don’t even know how to reply to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom