• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
apparently the 29th (aka yesterday) was the 6969th day of the 21st century

that kinda blows now that i missed it

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
PHOTOSYNTHESIS!
THEY USE THE SUN'S LIGHT TO GET THE ENERGY TO DELETE SAVE FILES!
Plants are very old fashioned.

They want to go back to the days before Save Files, where you had to beat the whole game in one sitting or not at all.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Piranha Plant is pretty fun. Definitely very hard to get used to, but I’m willing to stick with him.

Hope they fix that All-Star Mode glitch asap though.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Dimuna looking strong:
He, like many others, has the Superboon to his ATK, allowing him to reach 44 ATK. But combined with his weapon's +3, Duma can reach an ATK of 63. And then combined with his weapon's effect if the foe's not at 100%, he can reach 69 ATK, which is more than what even Winter Ephraim can reach by himself, as he can only reach 65 with his weapon and an ATK Superboon. Duma truly is the God of Strength.
Regardless, that is pretty dangerous to face, especially when you take his Colorless into account so nothing has advantage against him.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I tried Piranha Plant, and I honestly think the plant has potential.
I already tested out some unique combos, and its recovery is neat.
It is a little too slow in the air, but I am sure the plant will get fixed. This character has really cool potential!
How is KH3 everyone??? I am sure it is great!

Daww I love this! Happy early Valentines Day!
I agree and KH3 is a beautiful game and the controls feel so smooth, I’m around a couple hours in as of typing this. :grin:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Piranha Plant is pretty fun. Definitely very hard to get used to, but I’m willing to stick with him.

Hope they fix that All-Star Mode glitch asap though.
PP's Poison attack will synergise well with characters that can bury opponents in Doubles.

D

Deleted member

Actually the move does less damage if there's more opponents. I guess it's because it'd be very effective to block out that entire area
No, it's because the poison cloud OHKOes buried opponents

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Actually the move does less damage if there's more opponents. I guess it's because it'd be very effective to block out that entire area
It's still ~40% damage to any opponent that stays in the cloud for the full duration.

...That's a lotta damage. (shoot me)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
ah, it seems our friendly asian ad spammers making their nightly routine

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's not mentioned in the patch notes, but this patch also added the Pokemon Let's Go and Mario Party spirits to the Spirit Board and the store. Let's Go Eevee costs 6000 coins, so I assume that the same thing goes for the Let's Go Pikachu spirit.

I think that all five of them are Support spirits, so keep that in mind when looking for them in the spirit board (and using the "Support Only" board item).
They are among the patch notes. There's more than one page. So it is mentioned.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Gore poetry is the best :V

Amazing job as usual.
xD Hahaha! Doing Gore Poetry might be one of Ridley's secret new hobbies when he's bored...but he has so little patience that he ends up finishing things up with "Everyone died! THE END!"

Daww I love this! Happy early Valentines Day!
:> Glad you do, Shiny! ^u^ And yeah, Happy WAY TOO EARLY Valentine's Day to you too!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
its cold and only getting colder and im hoping itll be cold enough to close the public schools down
tonight was a bad night for me :marthmelee: big dumb mouth making me public enemy #1

anyways im going to sleep

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Viridi just had to make me love her more didn’t she...

...makes up for the major WWE loss of Dean Ambrose and Hideo Itami/Kenta

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And to make today even worse than it already is(as it's been nothing but **** everywhere), my turbo controller won't work on the GameCube Adapter at all. I really don't like mashing A to get all the credits. It kills my fingers and isn't nearly as fun as the previous games, where it either wasn't needed or the prizes weren't that important.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It's not mentioned in the patch notes, but this patch also added the Pokemon Let's Go and Mario Party spirits to the Spirit Board and the store. Let's Go Eevee costs 6000 coins, so I assume that the same thing goes for the Let's Go Pikachu spirit.

I think that all five of them are Support spirits, so keep that in mind when looking for them in the spirit board (and using the "Support Only" board item).
They also all show up on the Spirit Board, which is the second easiest way to get the LG ones besides owning both games.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
DO NOT DO ALL-STAR WITH PIRANHA PLANT!

There are multiple reports of people's save files getting corrupted when doing so
I hear it only affects the digital version. Would help if we had more information on why this happens...

Besides that, PP can corrupt via Spirit Board, and both Duck Hunt and Mii Swordfighter can corrupt with Century Smash too. Sweet mercy.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I love the plant

Huh, if PP is crouching and someone performs a footstool jump it'll automatically attack.

Talk about attention to detail

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It can corrupt your data apparently :dazwa:

If you are playing digital, just use it on Smash mode just to be safe.
I knew it already you bright fool. :V

Thankfully, I have the game on disc, which may be Nintendo way of telling that games on-disc are better than on digital , so I shouldn't have that problem, tho I still be careful since others characters have been reported to corrupt the game.

D

Deleted member

Nani kore? Am I reading correctly that :ultpiranha: could possibly corrupt your save? Well, this is yet another blessing for missing out on Ultimate. Just like y'all, I would be pissed if this happened to me and I had to go through the trouble of unlocking characters again. My prayers go out to you unfortunate souls. Besides, can a patch not fix it?

Still, it is my desire to play as :ultpiranha: when I buy Ultimate (:ultpeach::ultrosalina::ultbayonetta1::ultdaisy: are still my girls, though).

Sayonara :kirby:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Haven't even turned on the Switch as these lewds ain't gonna draw themselves. :036:
The reminds me of Switch could have a drawing game similar to Art Academy. But that might nkt be possible lol.

If you can, I am curious to know how is your current work. Hope I can take a look some time.

I'm mostly speaking from the standpoint of playing with other people in person. Since there's a higher learning curve in fighting games, yes, even smash.(A lot of guests I play with don't know how recovery works.)
Ok, now I see what the real case here lol. So with that out of the way I'm actually gonna share my thoughts and my personal experience too.
When it comes to traditional fighting games that is the case, not to mention those combo button maps that you often need to remember. That's why fighting games were never my cup of tea when I was young.
It wasn't until Smash Bros Melee (And then Smash Bros series in general) where it got me interested into fighting games, no, probably Smash Bros is one of the few fighting games I like. Sure it's hard to get good to but Smash Bros has been easy to pick up and play. It didn't took me too long to learn how recovery works and learn how to roll Smash attack, it took me just one of that Melee "How to play video" to fully understand the basic Smash techniques.
The other fighting game I like is Skullgirls but that's because I just like its aesthetics that's all.

So now I see that you don't like fighting games due to the fact that playing other in person will make you feel bad whenever you win over the other and the other people gets pissed, well...
But more so of a problem would be one of my little bro's anger issues when it comes to losing. Whenever I play smash with him it's a risk because if I end up bodying him. Which just tends to happen, he does the same to me, but when it happens to me I laugh it off. But if he loses, he gets upset or even violent.

I mean even if you win fair and square people still rage if you body them. It just makes me feel like a bit of a **** when I body someone.
Well, Alucard, here is my confession, not just your little brother even me MYSELF have a bit of anger issues when it comes to losing. That is what I previously mention that I never like fighting games back in the day because... I was used to be a salty little short kid who can't take the L.

My two brother can understand this very well since I play Smash with my two bros for most of the time. And it has been years and numerous of times where I get mad quite a lot whenever I lose. That being said at the end of the day, I aware it was my own temper problem, but as time goes on and when we get older, we all enjoy playing Smash Bros with each other. And recently I can take most Ls as long as my brother beat me fair and square. Also, when it comes to losing with other I don't know, it also depends. I rarely get pissed off when I lose to a pro or someone I don't know of, I admit I get frustrated but more often than not I just get over it.

So in conclusion, I get that you don't like seeing people get rage whenever they loses and that's understandable. But please take this from somebody who was (And still a bit is, especially when I play with my brothers.) that kind of person.
- As long as you beat other fair and square, whenever people get made or get rage, the problem is not on you, not even the game itself, but it is that person his/her own problem. It's both a natural habit but also something that people should deal with.
- I don't know how old your little bro is, but trust me, boys that are around 6-15 years old can get mad pretty easily.... and nope I have not source for that lol besides my personal experience.
- This is obvious but... try to say some comforting or encouraging word to your little bro whenever he loses. I remember when I was in USA back in 2017, I participate in a gaming club and I went with a short match with a student in my college I was studying in, he beat me like 2-0 in Smash 4. I was a bit frustrated but he then told me that for someone who doesn't go into high level tournaments (Which was true) I was pretty good. And also I didn't take my old and real GC controller to US so I was using a cheap,third party and a bit broken GC controller... so there was a minor disadvantage there already.
- A bit similar to the first one, but you should also tell your little brother that you couldn't get good if you keep getting mad, because that's also my problem too. I found myself not being better than my two brothers in Smash, because my two brothers can take the Ls but I just can't...

I'm really sorry to hear you experience when it comes to fighting games, I know my essay may be long and redundant to you, I just hope that you can understand that it is ok to make people mad when you beat them in a fighting game... or heck in any kind of game in general, because it is those people's own problem, you shouldn't feel bad at all when it happens in my opinion.

Though it is funny when it happens in MKX due to quitality. I never forfeit as you never know when the match can turn in your favor. I've had matches where I was doing great but then I'd get sloppy and the other person would come out on top and vice versa. I use to not play online due to fear of people always beating me out with long *** combos. But once I learned long combos and went online I found that people who do long flashy combos often still fall really short by overlooking a lot of basics. Combos are just a matter of practice anyway.
That's actually why I have never play online in Smash Ultimate even to this day lol, because aside of my bad temper I'm afraid that people online will use some broken combos...

Side note for a moment, my two brothers just went to a local Smash Ultimate Tournament in Taiwan a few weeks ago, and they went and participate a local Smash tournament (Which is rare since Taiwan just have a Chinese Smash bros game) and they beat almost everyone during the tournament, and end up facing each other in the finals... to be fair the tournament was fairly small and thus the contestant were mostly Smash newbies, so it was obvious that my two brothers will body them all in the tournament.

I... also found this tweet from surprisingly... Nintendo Force? Like... seriously?
Besides of let us fingers crossed that Metroid Prime 4 ultimately be a good game, but... to be fair, while I don't know if this quote from Miyamoto is a mistranslation or not... NF is right that not ALL delayed well be eventually good, just take Duke Nukem Forever where it took years of development and turned out to be crap.

BUT, here's the thing that NF missed, delaying a game is one thing, what's more important is that Nintendo was being pretty transparent on the development of the game. Which is something that many gaming companies/studios have failed to do these days. Even Square Enix in my opinion should be more transparent on the development of their many games like FFXV, KH3 and DQ XI despite the latter two ultimately being a solid good game. I mean sure their own management is also a bit of a problem but ...Let's hope that FFVII Remake can ultimately be good.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Oh look it's one of my favorite shows and one of my favorite bands being mixed together:

Pinterest is a wonderful place <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom