• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Bardock is also an OC.

You can add one more letter if Vegeta in his Evolved state and Goku in Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken state fuse.

SSJGSSJEKKx20.
Wasn't Bardock in the manga for a quick second?

Not that it matters, since only really his first special is great.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Wasn't Bardock in the manga for a quick second?

Not that it matters, since only really his first special is great.
Bardock was in the manga because of the special.

Toriyama really liked it, which makes him constantly making alterations really weird to be honest.

MainJPW

M.T.A
It stands for Jin. So SSJ3 would be Super Saiya-Jin 3.

That's why I mostly just call it SS3, since the English version just calls it Super Saiyan and not Super Saiya-Jin.
I use SSJ mainly because it’s what I’m used to. Websites and forums from the early/mid 2000’s liked to use the Japanese abbreviation a lot so it stuck.

I know that. But the problem could still be solved by having the villains getting their own squad so each Z-Fighter gets an opponent that can push them, without people ******** that they got a BS power-up/winning fights they "shouldn't". Even though this is Dragon Ball.
I don’t think people would ***** as much if it were Piccolo getting a power-up. The Earthling fighters would benefit the most from that henchmen/squad idea. Kuririn, Tenshinhan, Yamcha and Chaozu have all trained with Karin, Kami, Kaio and barely got anything to do in the manga fighting wise so it’s like...what do they have to show for all that training? When Tenshinhan was brought back to life literally his only feats were the Kikoho against Cell and the Kikoho that saved Satan and Dende from Boo. That was it.

The Boo arc couldn’ve done with some more Majin henchmen for sure. Piccolo and Kuririn shouldn’t have been turned to stone, they should have also gotten some guys to fight.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Toriyama really liked it, which makes him constantly making alterations really weird to be honest.
I actually liked DBS's take on Bardock with us going step by step on how he figured stuff out and why he did the stuff he did.
Hell, they even got the iconic scene of the giant ball and all that.

My only problem is that they didn't give him his red bandana which is probably my favorite part about OG BARDUCK and helps distinguish him from Goku.
Like, maybe Gine could've worn that red bandana and he's taking it into his last stand with him or something.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
remember dragonball online

kinda weird how that turned into xenoverse and dragged a fair share of its content

Chrono.

I actually liked DBS's take on Bardock with us going step by step on how he figured stuff out and why he did the stuff he did.

My only problem is that they didn't give him his red bandana which is probably my favorite part about OG Broly and helps distinguish him from Goku.
Like, maybe Gine could've worn that red bandana and he's taking it into his last stand with him or something.
You mean OG Bardock right? :p

But yeah i agree, I liked the DBS version of Bardock more than I expected. I'm just not a fan of the design.

Gimme 80s space Rambo any day of the week.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I presume you're talking about Dragonball Minus?
Nah, I meant all the way back in the Freiza/Namek Saga.

Ah, ok.

There's a reason why there's memes about Toriyama(and Araki)forgetting things.

My only problem is that they didn't give him his red bandana which is probably my favorite part about OG Broly and helps distinguish him from Goku.
Yeah, the headband's the best part of his fit. Though he also has scars on his face to help him stand out a bit more from Goku.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I presume you're talking about Dragonball Minus?
He's talking about when Frieza meets Goku for the first time, Frieza has a one panel flashback to Bardock getting blown up.
No, *****. Spill it.
I think Shishoe is referencing the moment when Goten meets Baby for the first time, and Valese (Goten's girlfriend) mishears the word "Saiyajin" as something else. I can't find any reference to it on the DB Wiki, weirdly enough, so I can't find out what word she heard specifically, but I think it was the Japanese word for "Jean Skirt".

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
As I’m playing Resident Evil 2 Remake, I thought the Lickers were all kinds of nope and then I met Mr. X/Tyrant and that’s just a lot of extra nope. :crazy:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Congrats on getting Edmond Dantes! All the waiting certainly payed off!

Have you thought about pulling for Skadi when she comes out next year? She turns Dantes into one of the best farmers in the game with her release!
She is in my Interest list, but it somewhat depends. I didn't get Cleopatra from Halloween and I would like to try again if I don't get her from the Lucky Bag Summon in the Summer. I also do want to get Sherlock Holmes, Hokusai and Salieri. And I'm especially going to be saving hardcore if Odysseus is ever announced.
And if his character is done great. I'm just hoping he's based on the man just trying to survive and finish the Trojan War to get back home to his wife and son and not based on the more cruel and self-centred Ulysses that the Romans corrupted up due to their dislike of him, which included him trying to kill his partner Diomedes over the Palladium.
Compared to Odysseus who was frickin' sorrowful when Ajax committed suicide and when he saw his dog Argos try to stand up to him after not seeing him for several years, was willing to be the one to let the sirens affect him with their singing while his men rowed with earplugs/wax in their ears and also tried to save the only suitor that was the only one nice and supportive to his wife and saved his son from getting murdered by the other suitors.

That said, I got Edmond on the account with my Waver, so Edmond does have some good backup even if I don't get Skadi.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No, *****. Spill it.
Estou a única outra pessoa que entende essa piada? :p

and also exhausted my understanding of Portuguese in doing so, sorry for murdering your language
"Estou" is used for the state you're in, not something you are. In this case, it'd be "Sou".
Both translate to "am" though :p
Other than that, the sentence is correct.
No it won’t. Speak, boi!
"Sayajin" is pronounced the same way as "Saia Jean" which is Portuguese for "Jean Skirt"

MainJPW

M.T.A
I wanted Bardock’s crew in the movie at least in some capacity, at least they got a cameo.

My only problem is that they didn't give him his red bandana which is probably my favorite part about OG BARDUCK and helps distinguish him from Goku.
Bardock’s bandana is still on Toma’s arm unfortunately.

Chrono.

It's not Xenoverse 3.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
"Estou" is used for the state you're in, not something you are. In this case, it'd be "Sou".

"Sayajin" is pronounced the same way as "Saia Jean" which is Portuguese for "Jean Skirt"
You acting like anyone but you knows your smelly language

KMDP

Smash Legend
I wanted Bardock’s crew in the movie at least in some capacity, at least they got a cameo.

Bardock’s bandana is still on Toma’s arm unfortunately.
I mean, it's not like Bardock's original crew being in the canon is incompatible with the new Bardock canon...
It's not Xenoverse 3.
Oh, so it's just Legacy of Goku HD. :troll:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It's not Xenoverse 3.
That didn't really tell us much. Aside from a few shots of Goku walking, all we really know is that it's a game that covers the Saiyan saga and Namek sagas at the very least.

...so it's like almost every Dragon Ball Z game released since 2002.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Huh. Not bad for something I last studied like 7 years ago and have barely touched since. Maybe I should pick it up again and you can teach me. :p

I know the difference between the two since something similar exists in Irish and Spanish, just that sometimes I still get them a little mixed up. I remember it being taught to me as "estar" being for a temporary state and "ser" being for something more permanent, but that's probably oversimplifying it a bit.

You acting like anyone but you knows your smelly language
Yeah. Not like it's the world's ninth most widely spoken language or anything. :p

Last edited:

Chrono.

So CyberConnect2 are the devs of the new DBZ ARPG.

For those who don't know, they're behind the .hack games and the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games. And possibly maybe who knows anymore were working on the FF7 remake at some point or still are.

KMDP

Smash Legend
That didn't really tell us much. Aside from a few shots of Goku walking, all we really know is that it's a game that covers the Saiyan saga and Namek sagas at the very least.

An Action RPG covering the events of the Saiyan and Namek arcs, all of which is told from Goku's perspective?

Sounds like Legacy of Goku to me.

Chrono.

I'd like to think the game Is gonna go till Buu. But I'm doubting that.

Hopefully the game itself plays well, CC2 can make some flashy fun games.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I mean, it's not like Bardock's original crew being in the canon is incompatible with the new Bardock canon...
It really isn’t, but actually seeing them would be nice too and well...there they are. Something had to have happened in the months gap between Goku being sent off and Bardock’s rebellion, we just didn’t get to see it which made a lot of people wonder how much was cut from the original script. There were a lot of things crammed in that first half.

And like I said, for those upset at Bardocks lack of bandana it’s still tied around Toma’s arm in the screen-cap. So close and yet so far.

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Would anyone like to play Smash? Because I could set up an arena if anyone is interested.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
It's not Xenoverse 3.

Can't wait to revive the story of Z for the 176th time. And spent most of the time ****ing around.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I'm watching the Dragon Ball FighterZ World Tour Finals and I realized...

Japanese people really do age in reverse. First Sakurai, and now it turns out that one of the players in Grand FInals is 30 yrs old, despite him looking like he's in his mid 20's max.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Gotta love how similar the Romance languages are, considering it's the same way with soy and estoy in Spanish.

Root language hype.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'm thinking about learning Judo and/or Jiu Jitsu to complement my workouts at the gym. It can also help with self-defense.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
I'm glad Cubics are getting new support because I bought a playset of all of the Cubic cards way back when for literally no reason. I might actually use them when the new support comes out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom