• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm half asleep and running mostly off the fumes of watching a bunch of stuck up people say a bunch of stuck up things. I'm saying a lot of regrettable things in a tone that is very much uncalled for and I'm probably going to lose even more sleep off of it.

But maybe Pokemon Sun and Moon's leadup had a lot of schoolyard chanting regarding the starters that hit a little too close to home for someone who had to outright stop following a fandom due to the emotional damage just watching discourse surrounding it was causing, and maybe the thread I just read hammered in a little too hard that all the people that did that schoolyard chanting never stopped having that attitude. Maybe I'm just tired of one fictional character being used as an excuse to tell people they're wrong for liking another fictional character, maybe I'm tired of people going "anyone who likes this character is a pathetic subhuman moron because this other character exists," maybe I'm tired of people drawing a line in the sand and saying one thing is a sacred cow and another thing is a punching bag and may the line never be crossed.

Maybe I'm just tired of the image certain characters come to represent in my head, because people like to wave them around like banners for nothing but the worst reasons. Decidueye, Samus Aran, King K. Rool, none of them deserve this except purely lore wise maybe the last one, but there's just something. . .consistently wrong with people to the point that it starts to become difficult to parse the characters from the way certain people act. If you say that about Daisy over literally just Memoryman half the internet would smile and nod. But hundreds of people act out with the implicit approval by inaction of the rest of their fandoms you're a delusional *******.

Maybe I just get bitter and lash out because people act in ways that make me feel like dirt for liking things so the only thing I have left is to wonkily return it in kind, in a gesture that will never land because those responsible have no concept of empathy and I'm too cowardly to actually do it to their faces in the first place.
In that case, what were you trying to accomplish by telling an entire fanbase, some of whom are thread regulars, to stick a tire iron up their collective ***es? It couldn't have been to curry favor.

You said yourself that these people make you associate a character with their actions. And you, in turn, make that a blanket reaction to anyone who likes that character. But here, you aren't associating yourself with a character. Here, you're being a bitter, self-righteous, holier-than-thou jerk.

But because there's not a character involved, should we associate that with you? After all, I'd assume it would be fair if you effectively do the same.

Don't go around shooting rubber bands at people and then expect them to sympathize when one of the bands snaps back at you.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
In that case, what were you trying to accomplish by telling an entire fanbase, some of whom are thread regulars, to stick a tire iron up their collective ***es? It couldn't have been to curry favor.

You said yourself that these people make you associate a character with their actions. And you, in turn, make that a blanket reaction to anyone who likes that character. But here, you aren't associating yourself with a character. Here, you're being a bitter, self-righteous, holier-than-thou jerk.

But because there's not a character involved, should we associate that with you? After all, I'd assume it would be fair if you effectively do the same.

Don't go around shooting rubber bands at people and then expect them to sympathize when one of the bands snaps back at you.
Maybe I care enough about other people that I won't ruin what makes them happy with my own shortcomings.

Maybe I'm an emotionally maladjusted piece of garbage that doesn't know how to process their own negativity, that when confronted with a choice always makes the wrong decision. That always ends up feeling hurt and angry at some vague concept when I should just stop and think for literally just an instant. And when I look back, all I have left is the tears caked onto my face and a vague understanding that I should die because there's no way I can actually make the world better instead of worse with my presence.

Maybe I don't care about myself anymore.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I remember when I was fifteen and would have thought that was a zinger.

Now pointing out typos just makes me feel like an asshole. Too bad that doesn't fix every other reason why I'm going to die alone.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I remember when I was fifteen and would have thought that was a zinger.

Now pointing out typos just makes me feel like an *******. Too bad that doesn't fix every other reason why I'm going to die alone.
I am fully aware that I am an asshole and exploit my magically annoying powers daily.

And don't worry, we can die alone together so we won't be alone. That called a compromise right there.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If someone can contact FalKoopa please send him this message from me:

Dear Fal

I saw that thicc as heck Luigi image

**** you

Love, Mythra.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I wasn't expecting to find a mood when I clicked my Twitter tab

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Daily reminder Persona 4 is just Diamond is Unbreakable.

Someone on Atlus is a biiiig Jojo fan.
ehowdtrmc9421.jpg

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Daily reminder Persona 4 is just Diamond is Unbreakable.

Someone on Atlus is a biiiig Jojo fan.
View attachment 187705
I feel like all the cool people in gaming are JoJo fans to some extent.

Which definitely says a lot about me considering I still haven't read or watched it in any capacity and it took an inordinate amount of time to break the mental association with a Disney Jr. show I watched when I was two.

D

Deleted member

I'm glad I don't have to worry about a character roster in smash ever again. Everyone gets way too stressed over it when really it's pretty trivial. It's always treated as this sacred position, but once the character's in it turns out to be pretty mundane and no one really thinks much of it until it's time to start arguing about who "deserves" to be in the roster once again.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I wonder how many people blocked me because I acted like a legitimately terrible person.

I wish I could apologize to them.

I wish I could apologize to the people that haven't blocked me, too. I wish I could just make everyone happy instead of hurting all of their feelings. I wish I could give a reason for people to be proud of me instead of ashamed and disgusted by me. I wish I could tell everyone how much I cared about them, about how awful I feel that I mistake certain ways of expressing things as normal that are very much not normal. I wish I knew how to say the right thing, to do the right thing, to not be a disappointment to everyone around me.

I wish I was the person that I wanted others to be. I wish I was the person I want myself to be. I wish I was the person others want me to be.

I'm sorry.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I'm glad I don't have to worry about a character roster in smash ever again. Everyone gets way too stressed over it when really it's pretty trivial. It's always treated as this sacred position, but once the character's in it turns out to be pretty mundane and no one really thinks much of it until it's time to start arguing about who "deserves" to be in the roster once again.
it's really weird how intense it gets. does this character DESERVE to be in cartoony fighting game. let's concoct a tenuous series of rules based on precedent then feel personally betrayed when circumstances change slightly
I wonder how many people blocked me because I acted like a legitimately terrible person.

I wish I could apologize to the people that haven't blocked me, too. I wish I could just make everyone happy instead of hurting all of their feelings. I wish I could give a reason for people to be proud of me instead of ashamed and disgusted by me. I wish I could tell everyone how much I cared about them, about how awful I feel that I mistake certain ways of expressing things as normal that are very much not normal. I wish I knew how to say the right thing, to do the right thing, to not be a disappointment to everyone around me.

I wish I was the person that I wanted others to be. I wish I was the person I want myself to be. I wish I was the person others want me to be.

I'm sorry.
don't worry about it. you did pokemon starter drama? i make worse gaffes, like, constantly. you're not a legitimately terrible person because you got heated over something inconsequential on an internet forum. i know how it is to feel worthless and i want you to know that you aren't alone or without support.

D

Deleted member

I'm sorry.
Don't stress on it too much. I can definitely emphasize with Decidueye fans taking the choice of who made it in the game WAY too seriously. Not that it's the first or last character for smash that'll be the case for. When I was younger I used to take this stuff a lot more seriously, but with each passing Smash game I realize it's not that big of a deal.

Heck, I don't think the newcomers nowadays get nearly as much attention as they used to for the most part, at least from my experience. But regardless that's pretty trivial to me now.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yo I just realized the palaces are based off the seven deadly sins. Which means I have 2 left. I think then I know who they're gonna be possibly.

Also for persona 5 players:
Is it supposed to be super obvious that Akechi is the black mask?
...or am I dumb? lol
Every time I interact with him he gives me those vibes. Yeah I'm probably dumb.
I think it is actually meant to be super obvious, for reasons I won't go into.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I had no idea you guys were talking about FE until now. You guys are like a colony of ants, you guys coordinate perfectly despite having no reason to. And that's a compliment. I'm just completely clueless when it comes to FE nowadays since I've dropped interest since FeH. You know, I'll buy the one on Shish game if you play more Castlevania and/or take back what you said about MK you meanie.

Also, unlike you Shish, I don't judge a book by it's cover. (Except when I definitely do. LMAO.)
Does Smash count as Castlevania? I won't take back what I said about MK, it's edgy.

And yes, you do judge a book by its(its, not it's) cover, otherwise you would never have played something so edgy as MK.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Huh, hi there, look like alot happened while I was gone.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Aw, poor Lucina...

I'm also a little worried by the fact that Zero Suit Samus is gifting him Mother Brain...
Why worrying? He deserves it lol.
There's also Tiki in Pyra outfit from the same artist:
Also saw this, let's just call this OC Blade "Praxis and Theory's big sis":
It's a shame how Monolithsoft or even Nintendo never have a Blade design contest where the first three top picked Blade fanart will be in the game as DLC.

Edit: Man... the pics are broken again lol.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

I'm sorry.
Delved back a page or so to figure out what the fuss was. Colorful, maybe, and broad perhaps, but I just saw it as frustrated sass in defense of Incineroar. Even as a Decidueye fan myself, didn't take it personally.

I've known you for a while now and honestly I've always seen you as an positive force, and I stand by that assessment. You're a good person, Cori. Don't take my words for it, take yours - your wish for this is that you could communicate the positive things you feel to us, and not get so misconstrued. I know you wear your heart pretty openly on your sleeve, and seeing that is evidence enough to me.

Don't break yourself too hard on this rock, aight?

If you need an ear for venting's sake, get at me.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Well pretty much all I've talked about is Persona 5 and I don't care if it's annoying so be like me and just post about what you enjoy.
See this, y'all?

This, y'all.

Even if I don't share the passion, seeing people get genuinely passionate about stuff warms my cold little heart. That ain't annoying, that's endearing.

I dig P5 too, but point stands.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Rise of the TMNT isn’t the best thing to watch, but atleast it’s watchable enough to not live without some Turtles

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well pretty much all I've talked about is Persona 5 and I don't care if it's annoying so be like me and just post about what you enjoy.
The brief discussion about One Piece on the main thread has awakened my desire to talk about it more.

Not having a topic to discuss about it though, I shall hold my tongue... for now.
I wonder when the next palace begins. I'm at like October 5thish.
October 29th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom