• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
man, i really don't like disney going on this route

i swear, by 2023 we'll have frozen live action to celebrate its 10th anniversary or something
We'd get a live-action Tangled, first.

Well, probably.

On that note, I honestly didn't think Beauty and the Beast was too bad, at least.

By the way the fact that Disney's Live Action version of Mulan won't have any lyrical songs in it is a literal crime against humans.

This is like the best song in the Disney pantheon...
Like this is the one movie they could've made a really ****ing epic live action movie but I don't even want to watch it without that in it.

Also, Aladdin will probably be garbage.
Wait, the live-action Mulan won't have any songs int it?

Please tell that isn't actually confirmed...

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Really? You don't know who Simon is or PANTHERK? SMH. What about Pedro? If you don't know Pedro then Pantherk is gonna come after you.

Also Castlevania is too anime for MK. :p

Kotal definitely has a past. He's probably much older than Erron Black(not too surprising considering a lot of none earthrealm characters are very, very old such as Reptile and Kitana) considering that the Mayans and such worshiped him and others of his race. I don't know all of the details of it, haven't read the comics. But basically he has a similiar backstory to many characters of Outworld where his realm was conquered by Shao Kahn and such. Erron Black has some stuff too though, such as how it's implied he attempted to join the Black Dragon clan but was rejected and has some sort of rivalry with them. He killed Kobra which is funny.
I just thought he was hired to hunt down the Black Dragon Clan. And I thought Kobra was the only one he ever got to before they killed his employer or something like that.

I see your point and yeah Kotal could definitely return but something tells me they're aiming for a more MK9 roster than a MKX one. A lot and lots of legacy characters. A few new ones to throw in too though. And a few more from MKX.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
By the way the fact that Disney's Live Action version of Mulan won't have any lyrical songs in it is a literal crime against humans.

This is like the best song in the Disney pantheon...
Like this is the one movie they could've made a really ****ing epic live action movie but I don't even want to watch it without that in it.

Also, Aladdin will probably be garbage.
...Please tell me that's not true. Taking out the lyrical music from Mulan is like taking out the music from Beauty and the Beast or The Little Mermaid, you're stripping out most of the charm and leaving it a husk of its previous self.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
We'd get a live-action Tangled, first.

Well, probably.

On that note, I honestly didn't think Beauty and the Beast was too bad, at least.

Wait, the live-action Mulan won't have any songs int it?

Please tell that isn't actually confirmed...
...Please tell me that's not true. Taking out the lyrical music from Mulan is like taking out the music from Beauty and the Beast or The Little Mermaid, you're stripping out most of the charm and leaving it a husk of its previous self.
Yeah, the villain isn't even the same character anymore. They're changing a whole lot of ****. To the point that it's basically Mulan only in name.

D

Deleted member

The modern modern Castlevania is nothing like the "modern" GBA era of anime lookin' dudes. It'd look fine now.
Oh the reboot, I'd pass even harder then. No really, have you seen my username? Of course it doesn't matter, I'd love to see Gabriel or Alucard in something

Pedro sounds familiar, but it's really lost on me.
Alright, well, I guess I'll let your mortal eyes witness the glory of the three.

Top is pedro
Middle is Pantherk
And the bottom right is Simon.

I just thought he was hired to hunt down the Black Dragon Clan. And I thought Kobra was the only one he ever got to before they killed his employer or something like that.

I see your point and yeah Kotal could definitely return but something tells me they're aiming for a more MK9 roster than a MKX one. A lot and lots of legacy characters. A few new ones to throw in too though. And a few more from MKX.
He might have been at some point, but the Black Dragon clan itself likes to take people out. And yeah, agreed. I think the only playable combat kid is Cassie and maybe Takeda because he was more so popular than Cassie. And as for Kotal he doesn't even have to be playable, I could see them making him an NPC for story mode kind of like how some characters were in MKX. Same goes for the the kombat kids if they have to be there for the sake of the story. I think judging from what we've seen so far and considering it's about timelines colliding, it'll definitely be mostly legacy characters. They're by far the most demanded too, so it makes sense.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I read through the whole article just now.

DISNEY

WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING?!

With Mulan being one of my all time favorite animated movies the news coming out of the Live Action version is, ahem, "upsetting".

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
With Mulan being one of my all time favorite animated movies the news coming out of the Live Action version is, ahem, "upsetting".
Mulan's one of my favorites, too. I'm not pleased with this at all.

I get that adaptations usually comes with changes anyway, I can appreciate when they try to bring something new into one, especially if it's well executed and has a good reason to be in the adaptation in the first place. This is changing way too much from the original without any good reason. The removal of the music is a terrible decision, Shang's replacement sounds awful, the removal of Shan Yu is just disgraceful, and why the heck is his replacement a witch?

None of Disney's other live-action adaptations since Maleficent have changed this much from the original. And although I don't hold that film in a particularly high regard, it at least had the justification of being told from the villain's perspective. This one has no such justification.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Real bummer we won't get a live action 'I'll Make a Man Out of You'

However, we still have a possibility of a live action 'Hellfire' being a thing

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Yeah, the villain isn't even the same character anymore. They're changing a whole lot of ****. To the point that it's basically Mulan only in name.
Oy... And I thought Be Prepared's removal was a questionable change.

I can understand the attempt in going in a different direction, but as said before I fail to see how these deviations will help the story. Does Mulan really grow better as a soldier through being pitted against a jerk rival over a stern teacher that pushes her to excel through multiple trials? Does the witch fit into the tone of the war more then a Hun that launched an attack to prove his superiority? And does the removal of the music really help the tone of the movie? None of those changes really feel like they're going to advance what Mulan was a movie, and that's a huge problem if the intent is to make a remake that will stand on its own feet rather then be in the shadow of its predecessor. Maybe seeing it in action will make everything work better, but based on what I'm hearing I can't say I have a lot of faith in the current direction.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It feels like they wanted to make their own story but didn't think it'd sell without the Mulan brand.

That story blatantly isn't Mulan.

Well, maybe those are elements of the original story.

Lemme look.

No. There are no similarities.

That's.... not encouraging.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Speaking of the Scooby Doo movies, I like how there's a scene in all 4 where they sexualize Velma. I wonder if that'll happen in the ****ty Daphne and Velma movie too

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Alright, so while everyone's asleep I'm gonna establish the rules for Dumb Dystopian Vampire Alternate Reality.

• In Dumb Vampire World, the common folk live out of and sleep in morgue drawers.
  • There is a Dumb Dystopian soft drink simply called "Red" which is SECRETLY PEOPLE!. . .Except that there is a perfectly successful Pepsi to it's Coca Cola explicitly made from animals in it's marketing.
  • Everywhere outside of the major cities and connecting subways is treated like a nuclear wasteland by society because there's sunlight half the time, even though civilization survived for hundreds of years without foreboding overcast cities.
  • Even though the cities are sheltered, there's still a draconian curfew because LOL need over half the day to do dat unmonitored political corruption. The obvious flaw no one ever considered is that if any serial killer wanted they could stake and behead half the city in their sleep and no one would notice.
  • Also, thus broad daylight becomes the ultimate edgy turf war between eternally teenage corrupt law enforcement and eternally teenage edgy rebels.
  • Our hero is a dude who wears a sun-proof getup that consists of a hazmat suit mixed with an edgy gothic trenchcoat because he's a REBEL who's NOT AFRAID OF NO SUN. He's a pretty boy just like everyone else underneath, but the majority of the time he looks like a mutated goth duck. He rides around cutesy flowery prairies at noon on his stupid edgy goth motorcycle.
R8 out of 8

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Alright, so while everyone's asleep I'm gonna establish the rules for Dumb Dystopian Vampire Alternate Reality.

• In Dumb Vampire World, the common folk live out of and sleep in morgue drawers.
  • There is a Dumb Dystopian soft drink simply called "Red" which is SECRETLY PEOPLE!. . .Except that there is a perfectly successful Pepsi to it's Coca Cola explicitly made from animals in it's marketing.
  • Everywhere outside of the major cities and connecting subways is treated like a nuclear wasteland by society because there's sunlight half the time, even though civilization survived for hundreds of years without foreboding overcast cities.
  • Even though the cities are sheltered, there's still a draconian curfew because LOL need over half the day to do dat unmonitored political corruption. The obvious flaw no one ever considered is that if any serial killer wanted they could stake and behead half the city in their sleep and no one would notice.
  • Also, thus broad daylight becomes the ultimate edgy turf war between eternally teenage corrupt law enforcement and eternally teenage edgy rebels.
  • Our hero is a dude who wears a sun-proof getup that consists of a hazmat suit mixed with an edgy gothic trenchcoat because he's a REBEL who's NOT AFRAID OF NO SUN. He's a pretty boy just like everyone else underneath, but the majority of the time he looks like a mutated goth duck. He rides around cutesy flowery prairies at noon on his stupid edgy goth motorcycle.
R8 out of 8
Sounds way better than Twilight.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Deku vs. Bakugo
With Bakugo blaming himself for All Might's retirement...that's powerful stuff.
and some great ****
Regardless of what you think of the Scooby Doo live action films.

This is still hilarious.

The Scooby-Doo movies are the ****, even though they’re also ****...but enjoyable ****
I read through the whole article just now.

DISNEY

WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING?!

Giving Mulan’s budget to the MCU, Pixar, Frozen, and Star Wars
Speaking of the Scooby Doo movies, I like how there's a scene in all 4 where they sexualize Velma. I wonder if that'll happen in the ****ty Daphne and Velma movie too
You mean the movie that came out months ago? Probably not...but Velma got sex appeal for days

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
and some great ****

The Scooby-Doo movies are the ****, even though they’re also ****...but enjoyable ****

Giving Mulan’s budget to the MCU, Pixar, Frozen, and Star Wars

You mean the movie that came out months ago? Probably not...but Velma got sex appeal for days
Both Daphne and Velma look hella dumb in that movie. Daphne has enough chin for the both of them and Velma hasn't no chin to speak of.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I'm still wondering how Stitch is gonna look in live-action.

I've gained more faith in The Lion King's quality after seeing it's teaser trailer (the weird as hell decision to cut "Be Prepared" from the adaption aside), but Disney, listen to me, and listen to me carefully: do not **** up the live-action Lilo and Stitch.
Considering Stitch is one of Disney’s most marketable characters, they may go the Detective Pikachu route and keep the same design, just with added fur detail.

Regardless, Lilo and Stitch was a very artistically driven movie, so the concept of a live-action remake just feels insulting.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Futaba is pretty cute. Definitely 5th best girl.
Boy+i+dont+give+a+about+your+opinions+if+_86a5e4021c41d6fb0627173820358d08.png

How can you have such solid taste yet such a terrible sense of hierarchy.

R8 out of 8
Well.

• There is a Dumb Dystopian soft drink simply called "Red" which is SECRETLY PEOPLE!
Blowing my cover / 8.

Nah but seriously fair premise. Would say that the serial killer bit would be interesting to be known and leveraged by a corrupt upper eschelon with access to a force like the police or a private security company, in a rule-thru-fear "we keep you safe" public boogeyman kind of way to keep people in line (and conveniently reinforce the curfew).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Both Daphne and Velma look hella dumb in that movie. Daphne has enough chin for the both of them and Velma hasn't no chin to speak of.
Don’t worry they are dumb looking, so thank goodness the sex talk about Velma is for the others (aka mostly the good ones)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Why does literally everything I encounter today have to piss me off?
Take this line, replace "piss me off" by "make me depress" and you have my day in a nutshell.

Hey there peoples.

D

Deleted member

Can't wait to hear the live-action Mulan remake won't featute Mulan as a character.
There are two types of people in this world, those who are weebs and those who like gritty western stuff. Talking about you [IMG]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/239/239596.jpg?1546475102[/IMG] Shishœ
Wait, which one am I?

R8 out of 8
I approve and would like to turn this into a movie but the the hero dude cool guy needs a big ***** goth girlfriend like this is the perfect setup for it don't waste it.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I approve and would like to turn this into a movie but the the hero dude cool guy needs a big ***** goth girlfriend like this is the perfect setup for it don't waste it.
Legit question, what is it about goth girlfriends that guys find so appealing? Is it some meme I’m not getting or something?

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I dunno. I like goth girls with black hair and light black makeup. I'm weak like that.
I mean that’s fine and all but we dorky, timid neighborhood girls deserve some love as well.

That’s literally the best way I can describe my type

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Deku vs. Bakugo
With Bakugo blaming himself for All Might's retirement...that's powerful stuff.
It's something you don't really think about, but of course Bakugo would feel that way.
...Actually, I never got to see the Dub version of that scene, I only ever saw the Subbed version. There seemed to be complications happening at the time which caused the dub to fall behind the sub, even though they were simulcasting up to that point.
Imagine if Scrappy humped someone's leg every time he got the chance.

That's Mineta.
That's the best description of Mineta I ever heard. :laugh:
I'll finish MHA season 3 tomorrow. Too tired to do the last couple episodes right now.
The last two episodes of Season 3 are actually the start of the next arc.

...Yes, I know...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I mean that’s fine and all but we dorky, timid neighborhood girls deserve some love as well.

That’s literally the best way I can describe my type
Hey, you're probably cute too. Who knows. :p

I'm not personally a fan of timid girls, but only to an extreme amount. Timid boys, however, is a far different story that I won't bring up here because that was the best/funniest night I've ever had.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really wanna talk about the new MHA chapter but I don't know if anyone in here is caught up on the manga.
Like... Some sre worried about what this means for the future but I'm actually kinda excited about [SPOILERS].
Legit question, what is it about goth girlfriends that guys find so appealing? Is it some meme I’m not getting or something?
It's a meme.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I really wanna talk about the new MHA chapter but I don't know if anyone in here is caught up on the manga.
Like... Some sre worried about what this means for the future but I'm actually kinda excited about [SPOILERS].

It's a meme.
Schnee showed me yesterday and it's about Deku right? Cause holy hell that's wild and I want to see where this goes

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

It's a meme.
Kind of interested to hear because I don’t read the manga but also assume the show will cover stuff. I’m intrigued though, what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom