• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
MK11 seems way more footsie focused. Not necessarily a good or bad change, but it'll be pretty different, since that's more of Tekken's and Street Fighter's style. I kind of like X-Rays working like Soul Calibur 6's and Tekken 7's Supers now, same input as MK9 and MKX, but the circumstances are different.

I heard some complaints about dashing not being as fast as MK9, maybe that'll be something they take into consideration, since the build that was playable for some people was supposedly an older one. Who knows what else might have changed.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Hopefully we get a better idea of what MK11's going to be like from the beta.
I'm just really hungry for story details. Being a huge sucker for MK lore and all.

D

Deleted member

MK11 seems way more footsie focused. Not necessarily a good or bad change, but it'll be pretty different, since that's more of Tekken's and Street Fighter's style. I kind of like X-Rays working like Soul Calibur 6's and Tekken 7's Supers now, same input as MK9 and MKX, but the circumstances are different.

I heard some complaints about dashing not being as fast as MK9, maybe that'll be something they take into consideration, since the build that was playable for some people was supposedly an older one. Who knows what else might have changed.
I was never a huge fan of X's crazy in-your-face aggression so I'm personally fine with a more neutral/footsie focused MK. My only real concern is how defensive/zoning oriented the game will be, since bar regens automatically there's nothing stopping you from just walking back and blocking while you wait to get meter for more EX fireballs. There's no incentive to be aggressive or take risks, it's like if Cloud couldn't actively charge limit at all but it just built up over time instead.
What even is the lore right now?
Quan Chi is dead, Liu Kang and Kitana rule over Neatherrealm, Scorpion isn't Scorpion anymore, and Raiden is a bad dude now.
Also MK11 gives us T I M E T R A V E L.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Watching Rally Dakar
>They are interviewing one of the racers
>Dude is called "Nani"
>I start chuckling like a dumb***
>Mom asks why Im laughing
>I had to say "It's nothing" because it would take a long while to explain the Kenshiro meme

Never go full weeb guys.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hopefully we get a better idea of what MK11's going to be like from the beta.
I’m more interested in seeing how many people stop messing with Sonya Rousey
Well the end of MKX was that Raiden took a no bull**** stance in defending Earthrealm, hence the darker look of now.

Meanwhile Liu Kang and Kitana rule Netherrealm now.
Was such an awesome after/mid credit scene...especially the bad*** music playing in the background
>Watching Rally Dakar
>Dude is called "Nani"
>I had to say "It's nothing" because it would take a long while to explain the Kenshiro meme

Never go full weeb guys.
always go full weeb

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
What even is the lore right now?
Basically what others said but like Raiden is really pissed off that Earthrealm keeps getting attacked which is why he's likely to start a pre-emptive war with Outworld while it's still vulnerable. Liu Kang and Kitana rule the Netherrealm and will likely face off against their previous timeline counterparts. Kronika is reversing time to undo the new timeline Raiden created. Shang Tsung is likely to return and I think he's going to be the wildcard in all the madness that's going on; maybe picking his spot and aiding the winning side.

I also think Quan Chi might play a role in the story because his death in MKX felt so phony. He went out in such an "un-Quan Chi" like way.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Almost done with the last season of Punisher and still going in on that Carmen Sandiego

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>Watching Rally Dakar
>Dude is called "Nani"

Never go full weeb guys.
I tried to warn you.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of MKX.
Seems like Rain, Reptile, and Cyrax might not be playable if 1:06 is anything to go by. Considering they have their previous appearances and it says they're "klassic" characters. Then again, Rain also seems to be on the menu with a new appearance. So who knows.

Clearly the major loss though is that Ed Boon deconfirmed Khrome. :p

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Speaking of MKX.
Seems like Rain, Reptile, and Cyrax might not be playable if 1:06 is anything to go by. Considering they have their previous appearances and it says they're "klassic" characters. Then again, Rain also seems to be on the menu with a new appearance. So who knows.

Clearly the major loss though is that Ed Boon deconfirmed Khrome. :p
Considering both Baraka and Skarlet were said to return due to fan popularity, I see there being no way both Rain and Jade aren't playable in this game. Same deal for Noob Saibot and Fujin.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Rain, Reptile, Noob, and Smoke all need to return for real. Especially Human Smoke. He was such a ****in badass in MK9.

"Where there is Smoke there is fire."

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Watching the latter episodes of season 3 of MHA right now...

Having episode 20 be a "special episode" smack dab in the middle of the test arc is giving me plot pacing whiplash, to be frank.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Rain, Reptile, Noob, and Smoke all need to return for real. Especially Human Smoke. He was such a ****in badass in MK9.

"Where there is Smoke there is fire."
But CGI Mario can't be in Mortal Kombat you silly

D

Deleted member

Considering both Baraka and Skarlet were said to return due to fan popularity, I see there being no way both Rain and Jade aren't playable in this game. Same deal for Noob Saibot and Fujin.
Noob Saibot is also in that video I posted, as a symbol for one the towers. He uses his MK9 appearance it seems. But it doesn't discount him. Especially considering a certain leak that may or may not be true.

Rain's on one of the menus as I said. And then Reptile was one of the first characters leaked before even the very first reveal along with Kung Lao.(Spanish voice actor was upset that he was replaced for the role.) So there's still a chance. But I'm still grounding my expectations a bit.

Also, I think I could make up a pretty reasonable guess of the roster from the info we have so far.
1. Scorpion
2. Sub-Zero
3. Skarlet
4. Baraka
5. Sonya
6. Raiden
7. Geras
8. Johnny Cage(Definitely in it seems, there was a slip of gameplay of him)
9. Cassie Cage
10. Liu Kang(Same as Johnny)
11. Kung Lao
12. Kitana
13. Reptile
14. Rain
15. Kotal Kahn
16. Erron Black
17. Jax
18. Noob
19. Smoke
20. Jade
21. Jacqui
22. Takeda
23. Kung Jin
24. Shang Tsung(Or Ermac, maybe both, really depends)
25. Kronika
26. Shao Kahn(DLC)
I expect ninjas, in every MK game there's at least a few ninjas other than Sub Zero and Scorpion. So I wouldn't be worried too much. For instance in Deception when Reptile was gone we got Ermac and Noob-Smoke. The only exception to this is MK vs DC. But that's only because half of the roster was DC.

But CGI Mario can't be in Mortal Kombat you silly
You mean CDI? Unless you do mean CGI Mario, that'd be pretty uncanny.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Mineta is such a twit...

and Kiminari becoming perv #2 alongside him saddens me.

Other than that, I'm still enjoying the cast quite a lot.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Mineta is such a twit...

and Kiminari becoming perv #2 alongside him saddens me.

Other than that, I'm still enjoying the cast quite a lot.
Don't worry too much about Kaminari he gets better.
Yeah, plus he’s not annoying Pervy. He’s more dragged into by mineta rather then seeking things out himself. He’s still got a lot of worth though.

As for your not thoughts on the special episode. I agree but I’m ok with it if it’s coming to play next season. The plot was still nice with funny moments for it at least.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Noob Saibot is also in that video I posted, as a symbol for one the towers. He uses his MK9 appearance it seems. But it doesn't discount him. Especially considering a certain leak that may or may not be true.

Rain's on one of the menus as I said. And then Reptile was one of the first characters leaked before even the very first reveal along with Kung Lao.(Spanish voice actor was upset that he was replaced for the role.) So there's still a chance. But I'm still grounding my expectations a bit.

Also, I think I could make up a pretty reasonable guess of the roster from the info we have so far.
1. Scorpion
2. Sub-Zero
3. Skarlet
4. Baraka
5. Sonya
6. Raiden
7. Geras
8. Johnny Cage(Definitely in it seems, there was a slip of gameplay of him)
9. Cassie Cage
10. Liu Kang(Same as Johnny)
11. Kung Lao
12. Kitana
13. Reptile
14. Rain
15. Kotal Kahn
16. Erron Black
17. Jax
18. Noob
19. Smoke
20. Jade
21. Jacqui
22. Takeda
23. Kung Jin
24. Shang Tsung(Or Ermac, maybe both, really depends)
25. Kronika
26. Shao Kahn(DLC)
I expect ninjas, in every MK game there's at least a few ninjas other than Sub Zero and Scorpion. So I wouldn't be worried too much. For instance in Deception when Reptile was gone we got Ermac and Noob-Smoke. The only exception to this is MK vs DC. But that's only because half of the roster was DC.

You mean CDI? Unless you do mean CGI Mario, that'd be pretty uncanny.
I'm going to be honest I think the reaction to most of the kid characters was lackluster. Takeda was probably the most well received so him and Cassie are all I expect from the child characters. MAYBE Kung Jin. I think Jacqui is gone though. Overall she was very lackluster. I'd also place bets on Kenshi returning and maybe Tremor. I'm also not sure Kotal Kahn will be coming back. And it'd be pretty weird to have a game with time travel without having Mileena show up at some point. I dunno. I hope the roster expands well beyond 25 but if it is going to be 25, 26 with Shao Kahn, there's going to be a LOT of fan favorites missing.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't watch nor am I really interested in MHA, but I gotta say one thing about it: this "Mineta" character is starting to sound like the Scrappy Doo of a new generation. Only much, much worse.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't watch nor am I really interested in MHA, but I gotta say one thing about it: this "Mineta" character is starting to sound like the Scrappy Doo of a new generation. Only much, much worse.
Arguably not a bad comparison in all honestly

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
This thread has officially become NSG and Alucard gush about MK while other people weeb out.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Imagine if Scrappy humped someone's leg every time he got the chance.

That's Mineta.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to be honest I think the reaction to most of the kid characters was lackluster. Takeda was probably the most well received so him and Cassie are all I expect from the child characters. MAYBE Kung Jin. I think Jacqui is gone though. Overall she was very lackluster. I'd also place bets on Kenshi returning and maybe Tremor. I'm also not sure Kotal Kahn will be coming back. And it'd be pretty weird to have a game with time travel without having Mileena show up at some point. I dunno. I hope the roster expands well beyond 25 but if it is going to be 25, 26 with Shao Kahn, there's going to be a LOT of fan favorites missing.
I hope you're right about Jacqui, she was definitely the most underwhelming character in MKX IMO, character and moveset-wise. Luckily MK has a habit of dropping unpopular characters with the exception of Armageddon, because well, the gimmick was to have everyone.

Kotal Kahn I'm expecting to come back since he's the current head of Outworld and Outworld is always significant in some shape or form. Plus I can't see Erron Black returning without him since he's currently employed by him. Shao Kahn is a preo-order bonus, so I doubt he'll play into the story mode.

This thread has officially become NSG and Alucard gush about MK while other people weeb out.
There are two types of people in this world, those who are weebs and those who like gritty western stuff. Talking about you @Shishœ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom