• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
...After hearing people in this thread talk about Mineta so much, I really shouldn't be too surprised.

Yeah, he has to be worse than Scrappy ever was, by far.
Thing is, Scrappy is actually useful to the group.

Mineta doesn't do much at all

Chrono.

Jacqui was definitely the most bland of the new characters.

Not just the kids but, like, in general.

Her and Kotal Kahn are kinda at the bottom for me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Deku vs. Bakugo
With Bakugo blaming himself for All Might's retirement...that's powerful stuff.
Such a good and powerful character development moment for those two.
Imagine if Scrappy humped someone's leg every time he got the chance.

That's Mineta.
Basically we should view minetta like this:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He's been used as effective bait.
1531534312060.jpg

I mean Shaggy and Scooby already did that job by themselves, but they were already by themselves because Scrappy was only in that era I guess.

So is there any reason why Red Shirt Shaggy was a super mega chad slaying chicks left and right?

D

Deleted member

Jacqui was definitely the most bland of the new characters.

Not just the kids but, like, in general.

Her and Kotal Kahn are kinda at the bottom for me.
Yeah, gameplay-wise I can't even remember what Kotal's moveset is like. LMAO. I'm just assuming he has a decent chance considering he's the current head of outworld. Then again Reiko was sort of the Shao Kahn stand-in in MK4 and was not seen again until and since Armageddon as a playable character.

Or Kotal could just be an NPC in the story while still serving what he needs to.

Chrono.

Honestly I watched cartoons with Scrappy as a kid and he seemed okay.

Maybe it's cause I watched it in Spanish.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Thing is, Scrappy is actually useful to the group.

Mineta doesn't do much at all
...This character really does just get even worse the more I hear about him. Are there any other negative traits about this character that I should know?

name one time
It's been too long since I've seen episodes of the original show featuring Scrappy to really recall how he contributed, but didn't he figure out several of the clues to the mystery in the Boo Brothers movie?

I watched that movie a lot as a kid, okay?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh God, speaking of MK Characters, I'm getting a flood wave of all those super duper secret characters or whatever fans would made up.

Blaze made it as an antagonist of one of the games, so does that mean the man, the myth, the legend, Hornbuckle will finally show up?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
...This character really does just get even worse the more I hear about him. Are there any other negative traits about this character that I should know?

It's been too long since I've seen episodes of the original show featuring Scrappy to really recall how he contributed, but didn't he figure out several of the clues to the mystery in the Boo Brothers movie?

I watched that movie a lot as a kid, okay?
He told a child to see him in ten years.

Chrono.

Oh God, speaking of MK Characters, I'm getting a flood wave of all those super duper secret characters or whatever fans would made up.

Blaze made it as an antagonist of one of the games, so does that mean the man, the myth, the legend, Hornbuckle will finally show up?
He's probably the only one of those left since we got Skarlet back in 2011.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Scrappy was also the main villain of the live action Scooby Doo movie.

It... was strange.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm gonna be honest as well, I didn't hate Scrappy either, but maybe that's just because I didn't grow up in the times when the show was still new, while he was turning into the Creator's Pet while the rest of the cast slowly started disappearing for long periods.

I'd actually really like to see the Trope Namer himself get Rescued from the Scrappy Heap someday. I think his characterization in some of his last appearances (up until that live-action movie, anyway) was done much better, and that they could keep improving on that front if they ever gave him another chance.

He told a child to see him in ten years.
...WELP, there's no there's no way they're ever bringing this character out of the Scrappy Heap.

I get that it's probably supposed to be a sort of joke, but who on Earth thought it'd be okay?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The live action Scooby Doo movie was so sexual too. I didn't get it as a kid but woooooooow.

Not okay for kids.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I may have found enjoyment in the Scooby-Doo movie back then. Nowadays, I find it just stupid and I find some enjoyment out of the sequel more. And Scrappy's appearance in the movie was stupid. Just stupid.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sadly Ed Boon deconfirmed Khrome, KHROME!!!

But yeah, it is funny how Noob Saibot, an initial joke character(seriously, a silhouette of scorp with the co creators names backwards and says "Feel the power of TOASTY") is such a fan favorite now. And blaze, some random guy in the background, just happens to be some super important dude.

They better bring in Simon or Pantherk in MK11 or I will boycott the game.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I hope you're right about Jacqui, she was definitely the most underwhelming character in MKX IMO, character and moveset-wise. Luckily MK has a habit of dropping unpopular characters with the exception of Armageddon, because well, the gimmick was to have everyone.

Kotal Kahn I'm expecting to come back since he's the current head of Outworld and Outworld is always significant in some shape or form. Plus I can't see Erron Black returning without him since he's currently employed by him. Shao Kahn is a preo-order bonus, so I doubt he'll play into the story mode.

There are two types of people in this world, those who are weebs and those who like gritty western stuff. Talking about you @Shishœ
My problem with Kotal is that, as far as I'm aware, he doesn't really have a story that concerns his past self. Erron obviously does because he's been living for like, ever because of that curse. Kotal is just kind of there.

And I don't at all see Jacqui returning. Takeda definitely. Kung Jin, maybe. I definitely don't see Jax AND Jacqui coming back. One or the other. That's another thing about Takeda. Because he's the son of Kenshi but trained by Scorpion his moveset is much MUCH more diverse than Cassie's or Jacqui's. Kung Jin is super unique as well but when it comes down to it he's literally "guy with bow". If Cassie wasn't as popular as she was and was only brought on by the merits of her gameplay I feel like she would've been dropped too. Really though she's kind of a mix between Stryker, Johnny, and Sonya so she is more diverse. Jacqui has no real backstory either, other than being Jax's daughter. No interesting ties like Takeda to Scorpion and Kenshi, or Kung Jin to Kung Lao and Raiden, or Cassie to Sonya and Johnny and even Jax. Jacqui is just... not a well thought out character.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They better bring in Simon or Pantherk in MK11 or I will boycott the game.
yeah my memory is shoddy on that one

i used to know all of these dudes by name but alas, i'm not 11 and mk-obsessed anymore

but speaking of :ultsimon:, man castlevania would be pretty neat for MK.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I get what they were trying to do with Scrappy in the first live-action movie, considering how so many people hated the character by that point. It was hardly a secret that fans and critics alike detested him.

I have heard that some people thought his role as a villain was hilarious because of that.

But I honestly wouldn't be remotely surprised if the sheer weirdness of it all was actually the final nail in Scrappy's coffin.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The Scooby-doo movie is such a fever dream and I often think that I just made it all up in my head. Then I realize that no it exists. And so does Super Mario Bros. Movie. And the Sonic the Hedgehog movie now apparently.

Keep your ****ing animated ****ing characters ****ing animated ****! Don't try to live action them you idiots.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The Scooby-doo movie is such a fever dream and I often think that I just made it all up in my head. Then I realize that no it exists. And so does Super Mario Bros. Movie. And the Sonic the Hedgehog movie now apparently.

Keep your ****ing animated ****ing characters ****ing animated ****! Don't try to live action them you idiots.
Don't forget the live-action Smurfs.

Or Alvin and the Chipmunks. And it's three sequels.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Don't forget the live-action Smurfs.

Or Alvin and the Chipmunks. And it's three sequels.
You're on my hit list now. You shouldn't have reminded me of those 5 ****ING MOVIES WHAT THE HELL.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
remember when garfield had a live-action movie
and then a sequel

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm still wondering how Stitch is gonna look in live-action.

I've gained more faith in The Lion King's quality after seeing it's teaser trailer (the weird as hell decision to cut "Be Prepared" from the adaption aside), but Disney, listen to me, and listen to me carefully: do not **** up the live-action Lilo and Stitch.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Well...

My boi was cute at least

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm still wondering how Stitch is gonna look in live-action.

I've gained more faith in The Lion King's quality after seeing it's teaser trailer (the weird as hell decision to cut "Be Prepared" from the adaption aside), but Disney, listen to me, and listen to me carefully: do not **** up the live-action Lilo and Stitch.
man, i really don't like disney going on this route

i swear, by 2023 we'll have frozen live action to celebrate its 10th anniversary or something

D

Deleted member

yeah my memory is shoddy on that one

i used to know all of these dudes by name but alas, i'm not 11 and mk-obsessed anymore

but speaking of :ultsimon:, man castlevania would be pretty neat for MK.
Really? You don't know who Simon is or PANTHERK? SMH. What about Pedro? If you don't know Pedro then Pantherk is gonna come after you.

Also Castlevania is too anime for MK. :p

My problem with Kotal is that, as far as I'm aware, he doesn't really have a story that concerns his past self. Erron obviously does because he's been living for like, ever because of that curse. Kotal is just kind of there.
Kotal definitely has a past. He's probably much older than Erron Black(not too surprising considering a lot of none earthrealm characters are very, very old such as Reptile and Kitana) considering that the Mayans and such worshiped him and others of his race. I don't know all of the details of it, haven't read the comics. But basically he has a similiar backstory to many characters of Outworld where his realm was conquered by Shao Kahn and such. Erron Black has some stuff too though, such as how it's implied he attempted to join the Black Dragon clan but was rejected and has some sort of rivalry with them. He killed Kobra which is funny.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Also Castlevania is too anime for MK. :p
The modern modern Castlevania is nothing like the "modern" GBA era of anime lookin' dudes. It'd look fine now.

Really? You don't know who Simon is or PANTHERK? SMH. What about Pedro? If you don't know Pedro then Pantherk is gonna come after you.
Pedro sounds familiar, but it's really lost on me.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
By the way the fact that Disney's Live Action version of Mulan won't have any lyrical songs in it is a literal crime against humans.

This is like the best song in the Disney pantheon...
Like this is the one movie they could've made a really ****ing epic live action movie but I don't even want to watch it without that in it.

Also, Aladdin will probably be garbage.

Chrono.

Regardless of what you think of the Scooby Doo live action films.

This is still hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom