• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wait, really?
You did watch Part 3 right? I remember you talking about it a bunch. But some of the ideas in Persona were inspired by JoJo, Personas showing up as their fighting spirits work kind of like stands, but with an SMT twist. In P3 they activate stuff by shooting themselves in the head, like Star Platinum catching the bullet subconsiously.

Not as on the nose as Super Sonic being Super Saiyan or Hadokens being Kamehamehas(ESPECIALLY in the VS games). Mega Man is basically Astro Boy, and Mega Man X is Cassern(Rush and Sigma are also based on Cassern characters). But you get the idea.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You did watch Part 3 right? I remember you talking about it a bunch. But some of the ideas in Persona were inspired by JoJo, Personas showing up as their fighting spirits work kind of like stands, but with an SMT twist. In P3 they activate stuff by shooting themselves in the head, like Star Platinum catching the bullet subconsiously.

Not as on the nose as Super Sonic being Super Saiyan or Hadokens being Kamehamehas(ESPECIALLY in the VS games). Mega Man is basically Astro Boy, and Mega Man X is Cassern(Rush and Sigma are also based on Cassern characters). But you get the idea.
Yeah I’m on Part 5 now(I think I’m behind a couple episodes). But that’s pretty cool.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
With that Nintendo event next week at their store. It could mean we get a normal direct beforehand and they’ll have media outlets cover stuff first hand from the direct there, or it could be before a direct.

Not sure how it works. These are usually only focused on one game so maybe they are holding an event for a big title announced in the direct. It would also explain all the minor news we’d get in a direct showing up on their twitter. Perhaps they are clearing things up for a full gears direct with big stuff this month.

Either way I think we are getting a direct soon.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well I was thinking of checking out 4 after I finish 5. Maybe afterwards I’ll play 3.
Oooorrrrrrr you could play Persona 3 first.
Eeehh?
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh?

Good Lord. The Roxas boss fight took me a while.

Gave me AnsemRiku flashbacks.
Wish Roxas was this overpowered in 358, I'll tell you what.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just came back from anime night at my Active Geeks group. We watched Black Butler: Book of the Atlantic.

Not bad but not really my cup of tea.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I've built a craving for hot chips pls help im turning ghetto

The only correct answer is Jojo Golden Wind, anyways.
>Kira placed 3rd in the Villian contest in 2016

it's canon but not right

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
im pretty intrested in Rising of the Shield Hero also
I often tend to be interested on animes that may look either childish or cliché but turn out to have a pretty mature plot.
But unfortunately, some users here just still gets annoyed by these animes... Without even checking them out just boggles my mind a bit.
Goblin Slayer isn't an isekai because Goblin Slayer isn't an otaku that gets transported from the real world to the fantasy world. It's more so a DnD game but in anime form.
Oh yeah, my bad... that does remind me of another anime that was super popular a few years ago.... Known as Re:Zero? I have heard that it is getting a second season or something.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Bruh, do you not watch Jablinski Gaming?
I spent a majority of this week watching WWE, finishing up my TMNT 2012 marathon, began my George Lopez marathon, playing Smash and WWE 2K19, and getting prepared to deal with another school semester...so no

D

Deleted member

Anything with Fighting Spirits is inspired by Jojo. Like, I honestly can't think of or find an example that predates it.
More series should give them a try though, it's such a cool concept for power sets.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oy NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy .

What's up man?
I was apologizing for escalating that Overwatch thing pages back. Really bothers me that my criticisms may have spurred some Homophobia to be spread around. Was not at all my intention and I'm sorry for that. Nothing more.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
In P3 they activate stuff by shooting themselves in the head, like Star Platinum catching the bullet subconsiously.
>shoots themselves in the head to activate the ability
No that's just Tusk ACT3 from Part 7

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Mark Wahlberg in The Departed is just pure ****ing gold.

"This is unbelievable, who put the ****ing cameras in this place?"

"Oh who the **** are you?"

"I'm the guy who does his job. You must be the other guy."

Chrono.

This run of KH2 has made me appreciate it's spells a little more, but mainly Wisdom Form.

I used to think Wisdom Form was lame and proceeded to shelve it after using it just once. But now I know it's just a case of poor unlocking placement. You get it at a time where you only have the most basic spells, at their most basic level with a low MP bar. So you'll burn through magic quickly and left with nothing but a weak Keyblade Shoot attack. But once you get better magic Wisdom Form turns Sora into a walking magical nuking machine.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Weebs are gonna defend it to hell no matter how bad it is because "lol le evil sjws xD
... don't all people who like animes are weeb? Nah, afterall weeb is somewhat of an empty term similar to sjws.

Yeah... but Goblin Slayer turned out to be decent though (Even Gwen admit it and you said it was...bad?, so not sure where does this even come from lol.
I am so sorry.
Sorry for... what? Are you ok?
Okay, quick poll.

Is anyone else getting sick of all the videos on YouTube which all basically amount to "this popular thing is actually terrible, here's an hour critique" ?
Like what? I enjoy those videos that critiques popular things that are bad like Pyrocynical's ASOT, but pass if it's like an hour long, unless it's a live stream archive.

Also Soulja boy... my boy...
You have Carlton suing Fortnite for "Stealing" his dance... But then Soulja boy sues Fortnite for the opposite reason. Fortnite/ Epic Games just gets sued for no matter what.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I beat Grim Fandango.

It's fantastic (if not a bit absurdly cryptic at times). Go play it. It's on pretty much everything.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
>isekai about an otaku defeating le evil matriarchy
View attachment 186428
This is gonna be the new Goblin Slayer, isn't it? I don't think I'm ready for this **** again, why can't people go back to watching actual good shows?
I can give give a better explanation of my thoughts when I get off of work. I'm a big fan of the Shield Hero LN and manga, I own all 13 volumes, so I've been super disappointed at people for making things unnecessarily political.

I'm just glad that it's been confirmed that the show will receive 25 episodes and will be able to tell the full Conspricy arc and most likely the Island arc. Spirit Turtle arc would make for a solid 2nd Season should it happen.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man I wish I could have my ****ing days off together. **** my boss is really the stupidest person I’ve ever met... and he wonders why I can’t do my job right.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Is there a trope in gaming where the main protagonist of the story becomes the main antagonist in the later half of the story?

I mean some games do that in between different releases but what I had in mind is a character who's the main hero of the first half of the game but becomes the main villain in the latter half. The game would then go through a huge time skip where the game is played from a new hero's perspective.

Trying to look up the trope for this but the best fit I could find was Protagonist Journey to Villain. Which I guess partially describes that scenario.
If you consider Golden Sun and Golden Sun: Lost Age all one game (as they were originally intended to be, like with Sonic 3), Isaac starts as the Main Protagonist in the first act, becomes the Primary Antagonist in the second act (due to a shift in focus from Isaac to Felix; though Isaac is still only a Hero Antagonist, at worst an Inspector Javert), then becomes the Deuteragonist (Secondary Protagonist) in the third act.
Ok, I finally found a winter avatar of Bakugou. This works.
That's a pretty cool avatar.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I can give give a better explanation of my thoughts when I get off of work. I'm a big fan of the Shield Hero LN and manga, I own all 13 volumes, so I've been super disappointed at people for making things unnecessarily political.

I'm just glad that it's been confirmed that the show will receive 25 episodes and will be able to tell the full Conspricy arc and most likely the Island arc. Spirit Turtle arc would make for a solid 2nd Season should it happen.
since you have all 13 volumes, would you say the anime is worth the watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom