• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Welp, I already used one on the Ken/Century Smash one lol.
That one isn't actually that bad; you can KO whole groups of Miis with one or two of his side specials. Just keep spamming his side and up specials, and it's doable.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That one isn't actually that bad; you can KO whole groups of Miis with one or two of his side specials. Just keep spamming his side and up specials, and it's doable.
I did that but even then I didn't complete the challenge so I rage hammered the challenge lol.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I did the whole thing, only to not get the achievement because apparently, somewhere in the battle I used a normal attack, unless item KOs count (because the specific character AIs will go for the items if you let them, if you KO a CPU holding, say, a Smart Bomb, that bomb will get triggered and probably KO some Miis)
Eeyup. Though them skipping some arc stuff made it stranger for dub watchers later on. Not everybody caught up via just the uncensored version of One Piece. I watched all of the 4kids version(only stuff I found dumb was the first "weapon" being some stupid hammer contraption, and the skipping of arcs. I saw no issues with the voices, the action was more than intense enough, and the music was great. Sanji was just fine, even if he didn't have a cigarette. He acted the same as is from what I remember. Perverted as hell).

Pokemon's issue was mostly just calling those rice balls something else. Otherwise, it was fine as long as it didn't try to remove Japanese items. If it actually edited them into sandwiches proper, I wouldn't care so much. One notable one is that while removing guns made sense, the fact they couldn't dub the episode where Ash caught his Tauros... because it was too gun heavy to remove it. Meanwhile similar episodes still keep it censored, but modify it enough to work, like the threat being a one-shot in the episode. Sonic X found a way by not having them shoot once and that was it.

4Kids have a lot of ridiculous censorship at times. But they still have great theme songs. They hire good artists and have great lyrics, which still fits the overall theme of the show pretty well. Magical DoReMi, Mew Mew Power, One Piece, Shaman King, just for a few examples. They felt right.
In the original, Arlong shoots Bellemere in the face, not pleasant, but at least it's an instant death. In the 4Kids dub, Arlong has Bellemere thrown in a dungeon, which starts becoming a Voodoo Shark issue ("After Luffy beat Arlong, where's Bellemere? Did she die in prison? Why are the characters acting like Bellemere doesn't exist anymore?")

It's just one of those things that makes it clear that One Piece really wasn't the right series for 4Kids (Pokémon worked so well with them because it was intended for the demographic 4Kids was marketing for).

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
How ****ing great would it be if somehow, some way Hugh Jackman's Wolverine showed up in Endgame...

Damn, I'd love for that to be real. Too bad it probably won't...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
real spammers only spam Shoryukens

Chrono.

There was one enemy of the week in GX that had threatened the protag and his friend that he was gonna kill and bury them.

The dub changed it to... burying them alive, which is actually far worse. I don't think they thought that one through.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we ever do get a Mega Man X 9, I hope some of the mechanics from Mega Man X8 stay. Namely Axl's playstyle being a suped up version of Bass', Mega Man X getting to mix and match his armor sets, Zero getting mulitple weapons like MMZ and the tag system. Even using the super meter to heal a bit of health if one of your guys gets bopped was a really cool thing to add.

With the classic Mega Man series, I want to see the Gear System come back, since there's so much cool stuff that can be done that it shouldn't be just a one and done mechanic.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was one enemy of the week in GX that had threatened the protag and his friend that he was gonna kill and bury them.

The dub changed it to... burying them alive, which is actually far worse. I don't think they thought that one through.
Sounds perfectly fine if a threat to me

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Possibly did.

If I were in that job, I'd definitely be looking for ways to make the censored things worse.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How ****ing great would it be if somehow, some way Hugh Jackman's Wolverine showed up in Endgame...

Damn, I'd love for that to be real. Too bad it probably won't...
I'd also like that. And for Tobey Maguire to step out of a portal for a sec and pop back in.

Yeah, there's this weird thing where the words "kill", "die" and "death" can't be used. Which is why so many kid shows use "destroy" or "annihilate" for their villain threats.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Why am I having problems performing short hops?
Because it's a tight 3-frame window to let go of your jump input before it becomes a full-hop.
For persepctive, the hardest short-hop to do in Smash 4 were lightweights like Sheik and Fox at 4-frames.

Essentially, you have .05 seconds to let go before it becomes a full-hop.

This is something you're just going to have to practice, though I do wish they would add a shorthop option.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Red! Don't spread lies :(

Peach > Zelda and no one can tell me otherwise.
The thing is, there's a Zelda for everyone. Brunettes? Check. Blonde? Check. Black hair? There's Hilda. Red Heads? Marin's your girl.

If you don't like Peach. Well, tough ****.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Considering some of your other opinions, I'm okay with this.
Opinions like what? It's not my fault the truth hurts sometimes :troll:
shhhh
shhh
It is okay to have wrong opinions
yeah!! The truth hurts sometimes. Sorry :^(

Maybe one day you shall see the light and realize Peach is the best Nintendo Princess. XOXO

LOL

KMDP

Smash Legend
Possibly did.

If I were in that job, I'd definitely be looking for ways to make the censored things worse.
Yeah, there's this weird thing where the words "kill", "die" and "death" can't be used. Which is why so many kid shows use "destroy" or "annihilate" for their villain threats.
The people who complain about that stuff (i.e. "Moral Guardians") only care about the very superficial aspects of the shows they complain about.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
The thing is, there's a Zelda for everyone. Brunettes? Check. Blonde? Check. Black hair? There's Hilda. Red Heads? Marin's your girl.

If you don't like Peach. Well, tough ****.
Why wouldn't you like Peach? She's perfect :love: The QUEEN Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom is sure to have a place in your heart. Striking, blonde hair, beautiful pink dress, and spunky demeanor? What's not to like? Perfection Embarrass

A person can only have so many bad opinions.
I shall repeat. The truth hurts sometimes. List some of my bad opinions. Oh wait, there are none!! LOL :laugh:

obligatory ding dong what you're saying is wrong

this belongs to red? red who? no, this is mine now LOL

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Why wouldn't you like Peach? She's perfect :love: The QUEEN Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom is sure to have a place in your heart. Striking, blonde hair, beautiful pink dress, and spunky demeanor? What's not to like? Perfection Embarrass

I shall repeat. The truth hurts sometimes. List some of my bad opinions. Oh wait, there are none!! LOL :laugh:

Heh. He said dong.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Spunky demeanour? Bruh that’s Daisy. Who’s easily better than both.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Spunky demeanour? Bruh that’s Daisy. Who’s easily better than both.
I think Peach has a bit of spunkiness.
She ditches both Bowser and Mario on the Moon at the end of Odyssey for example LOL
Though I do agree that if we include her, Daisy is better than Peach and Zelda. I'm glad we can agree here

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Just finished Classic Mode with all the characters.

Can you guess who the last character was I completed with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom