• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I had so much to catch up on in the Smash for Switch and in here, you guys are truly active again. Nice.
A meme based off the ESRB leak that happened before Smash 3DS was released.

Oh this meme is still alive? Okay.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Are you saying the Switch would not be a more appealing system if it had features even its predecessors boasted from basically the get-go?
No, I'm saying I'm glad they've put in a good foundation to bring the extra feature in on. Remember one of the big problems for the Wii U, was the lack of games, even though it had good extra features.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think you have the Homebrew community to thank for the lack of web browser on the Switch since that was a common use for exploits on the 3DS and Wii U...
you know I think this is probably why. At launch they had an internet browser in the system but they removed it fast. I think Nintendo is either trying to hack proof it or they may just choose not to put one in since it’s what forms the basis for homebrew no matter what they try with system updates.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I remember liking the leak.
Because Dr. Mario was in it, and I wanted to main Dr. Mario.
And then I actually played him.

He is unfortunate.

D

Deleted member

He is unfortunate.
Dr. Mario is actually fun. Sure he is slow, but still.

Honestly in Smash for Switch, they better buff a lot of characters.
Especially Falco, Pac-Man and Jigglypuff.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Dr. Mario is actually fun. Sure he is slow, but still.

Honestly in Smash for Switch, they better buff a lot of characters.
Especially Falco, Pac-Man and Jigglypuff.
I mean they did an okay...ish job with Balance Patching. At least Falco got some buffs at one point.

I just hope they buff Shulk so I don't have to use so many advanced techniques that it would make Melee soil itself just to make him semi viable.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

He is unfortunate.
To make up for this Mario gets an odyssey move set makeover while the Dr gets Mario’s moveset but with more speed and immediately rises through the tier. :p

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh Doc is fun, he's just a horrible character.
Legit, the only thing he has going for him is he's based off of an already fantastic character.

Apart from that he's a worse Mario in just about every aspect. Almost as if putting a universal modifier on a character and changing not much else about that wasn't the best of ideas.

Also realtalk: Megavitamins are sad. How do you make fireballs but actually terrible?

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Doc does not have the dunk.

That makes him inferior to Mario in every possible way.

You don't just take the single most satisfying Meteor Smash in the entire series and make it not dunk.

Doc could be a top tier for all I care, if he doesn't have the dunk, he's inferior.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
While Doc wasn't very good, his up B was definitly more satisfying to land than Mario Up B, especially if it was the sweetspot. God, I love landing move like this.

Too bad he was pretty much inferior Mario in every other way. But if they bringed him back as a character and buff him while still making him unique (and not just "Mario but better"), I wouldn't mind it honestly.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm all for Doc coming back. I just really want to see him not terrible.
The biggest thing he needs is for the devs to make him less first draft-y, or at least give him more beef to compensate for his **** recovery game.

And bring back Melee's Megavitamins. Come on these new ones aren't the same, they're the store brand vitamins.

D

Deleted member

my Fire Emblem Heroes ID is 1466835611.
Gonna add you once I get home, don't remember if I have you added or not.
Anyway, at some point, I'm also going to post my thoughts on the Tower Event of Grand Order, as I feel that is story-worthy to talk about.
I didn't manage to beat the last Trial Quest, probably because of the lack of a trained Caster(Waver is just Lv19) as the first part was literally only Assassins. Doesn't help the boss is full AOE which means everyone gets dunked on and Cu can't deal enough damage to solo it.
You don't just make the single most satisfying Meteor Smash in the entire series and make it
Counterpoint: aerial Wizard's Foot

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Doc does not have the dunk.

That makes him inferior to Mario in every possible way.

You don't just make the single most satisfying Meteor Smash in the entire series and make it not dunk.

Doc could be a top tier for all I care, if he doesn't have the dunk, he's inferior.
Nah that's Wizard's Foot. Ganon channels his Doctor Doom and uses Footdive

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I have to say, it is nice seeing the level of activity on SB increase. This place needed that announcement.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think you have the Homebrew community to thank for the lack of web browser on the Switch since that was a common use for exploits on the 3DS and Wii U...
Perhaps, I'm not savvy enough to be able to speak to that really. :/

I do know that the internet is accessible on the Switch, just not through conventional means, or a straightforward app. So you'd think homebrew would already be able to get their foot through the door in that way, if at all.

No, I'm saying I'm glad they've put in a good foundation to bring the extra feature in on. Remember on of the big problems for the Wii U, was the lack of games, even though it had good extra features.
I get they wanted to focus on games, and I don't blame them for that. Look at my original post. But now they've had a year grace period, a multitude of games are available and/or scheduled, and they already offer Hulu and NicoNico, which I guess were not subject to your prior reasoning.

So how long should we have to wait for industry standards which even Nintendo themselves have previously embraced? All I'm asking for is simple parity.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

I do know that the internet is accessible on the Switch, just not through conventional means, or a straightforward app. So you'd think homebrew would already be able to get their foot through the door in that way, if at all.
I think they actually did, although not available for anyone at the post Mario Odyssey firmwares. Which is a little sad that the Switch managed to get hacked this soon despite Nintendo's extra efforts to hold it back compared to the 3DS and Wii U....

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

I get they wanted to focus on games, and I don't blame them for that. Look at my original post. But now they've had a year grace period, a multitude of games are available and/or scheduled, and they already offer Hulu and NicoNico, which I guess were not subject to your prior reasoning.

So how long should we have to wait for industry standards which even Nintendo themselves have previously embraced? All I'm asking for is simple parity.
Just spit balling here, we may not have the extra features yet, because Nintendo has released the payed online for Switch. Just a suggestion.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Just spit balling here, we may not have the extra features yet, because Nintendo has released the payed online for Switch. Just a suggestion.
I suppose if there's any good time to add the internet, it would be for when they start charging for online. -_-;

Netflix though carries its own separate charge, so really that could show up at any time.

Starlight_Lily

I suppose if there's any good time to add the internet, it would be for when they start charging for online. -_-;

Netflix though carries its own separate charge, so really that could show up at any time.
Netflix could just be a case of Netflix not signing a contract with Nintendo, I can kind of see why, since Netflix has a mobile app. No idea why no Crunchyroll app yet, that's on everything now.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
D

Deleted member

Wow look at you all with horrible taste in meteors when there's objectively the best option:
In all seriosuness I do hate the meteor cancel.
The only spikes that are not meteor-cancelable are Marth's down air and Falco's down air, which of course are top tiers in Melee.

Chrono.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
With Hulu around, I can see why Netflix isn't really a priority for them atm.

But no Youtube is just baffling. Even more so with Japan getting their equivalent in NND.
Hulu without Netflix is like getting Sonic without Mario. :p

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Now that it's finally for real, time to remove my silly pics in my signature in favor of my most wants for the next title

It's most wanted first from left to right plus 3rd party (Inkling was #2 but... you know...)
I really want to see Balloon Fighter alongside Takamaru for retro candidates, but man, why does Sakurai have to be so strangely opposing about the idea? They are the only retros needed to complete the retro representation, in my opinion. :urg:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I low key would be fine with a labo rep as a playable character

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Guys, I got this clearer view on the silhouettes from yesterday:

(Yoshi, Pit, Dk, Peach, Ness, Marth, Mario, Link, Sheik, Samus, Pikachu, Kirby, ZELDA, Bowser, Fox, Falcon, Wario)
Well... the style (at least for this) looks way less cartoonized than Smash 4. Pit looks way taller, Bowser is great too.
What lies below Dk/left from less/below Peach ? It seems like something not too big, but what ?

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I'll just leave this here.
Tha...that's not how copy write formatting works at all? Original means we are referring to the first copy write not this is a new copy write, though I can see how you could get those mixed up if you don't know the legal notation? "c original x" means that's the copy write owner for the establishing (a.k.a "original") x in the series, and that it's different from the exact copy write owners of this product(in this case probably because HAL isn't involved). In this case the original product is Smash 64. That's why Smash 4 has the exact same "original game" credit (seriously check their site) because the original game hasn't changed it's still Smash 64. Also why, for example, Akira Toriyama has a "C Original concept" credit in every single Dragonball product whether he's involved or not, because he owns the original concept copy write but not the copy write for that particular product (yes I used Dragonball as an example because people here are talking about Super so it's on the tip of my head).

The copy write for this particular product, Smash(working title), is the "C [owner] [date]), and just like with Smash 4 it is just "Nintendo" (Bandai Namco helped with development but do not own part of the copy write for any of the Smash games the way Hal used to different legal agreement). Also before anyone asks yes Nintendo does update the copy write for ports so the fact that it's 2018 doesn't mean anything.

Also like Hal has made multiple games during this game's dev time and they aren't that big of a studio so especially if this is in fact a full game it wouldn't make sense for them to be straight up be developing this in house (which I assume is the conditions for them getting a share of the copy write though I don't know the specifics for sure).

Like I'm of the opinion that this is a new game but people are just completely misinterpreting entirely irrelevant things to get a false sense of closure about something we have no confirmation on. Which is basically like 50% of any pregame hype cycle I suppose.

tl;dr - The copy write info on the site tells us absolutely nothing.

Sword Kirby is my favourite fire Emblem character. Can't wait for him to be added to Heroes

*Galaxy Brain* Horse Kirby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom