• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I like how gamexplain were guessing who the silhouettes were.

*sees the obvious pikachu ears* WHO COULD THAT BE
*sees Fox* DAT PIKACHU

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If Nintendo likes money, they'll add Sidon to Smash.
See, here's my logic:
Zelda BotW: has fish husbando? Yes-->wins GOTY
Mario Odyssey: has fish husbando? No-->loses GOTY
The Shape of Water: has fish husbando? Yes-->wins Best Picture
Get Out: has fish husbando? No-->loses Best Picture

As you can see, my logic has no flaws.
Odyssey also doesn't have a boulder husbando, so...

Daruk for 5mash?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If Nintendo likes money, they'll add Sidon to Smash.
See, here's my logic:
Zelda BotW: has fish husbando? Yes-->wins GOTY
Mario Odyssey: has fish husbando? No-->loses GOTY
The Shape of Water: has fish husbando? Yes-->wins Best Picture
Get Out: has fish husbando? No-->loses Best Picture

As you can see, my logic has no flaws.
BoTW also has bird husbando.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'll say it again, if we get a BOTW rep, it has to be my boy Cheesy Ravioli. He's not even my top pick, I just NEED him and Falco to have the most sassy bird battle you'll ever see.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
SPCA is Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. Basickly its a shelter for the adoption of animals. i sent in an application to be a Animal Care technition that looks after the pets, monitors their health, clean their kennels and everything but they havent even bothered to call me if I was accepted or rejected
Oh believe me, you get used to not hearing back from a place offering jobs after the first 200 times.

Also I had a thought, you guys know how Nintendo does Directs for E3, I think it might be neat if they did one for Gamescom, basically the 2 of the biggest Gameshows of the year, so I'm just thinking it'd be a neat way for them to give more attention to Nintendo's fans in Europe if they did a direct for Gamescom.

Also I kind of want to see the Nintendo Director of Europe in a Direct again. He's better then Reggie, there I said it, come at Nintendo of America, fans!!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'll say it again, if we get a BOTW rep, it has to be my boy Cheesy Ravioli. He's not even my top pick, I just NEED him and Falco to have the most sassy bird battle you'll ever see.
Zelda only needs 1 new rep. Vaati(preferably in his monster form). Link and Zelda just need their base appearances to be based off botw.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The fire emblem reddit has gone insane due to no news. Now Kirby has taken over lol.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Real talk. This is the best FEH character right here.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
In theory this could happen but would be pretty damn unlikely
FEH doesn't do crossovers, at least as far as I know. And that would require IS to actually care about AW so it's not happening.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So my thoughts on the recent Fire Emblem update...
-The Blessed Gardens is actually not too bad. I thought it was going to be a Tempest Trials like thing, but it turns out that's not the case and is actually just maps from the story/paralogue maps so far. So that's actually alot better than how I was originally feeling about a thing that only allows Blessed Heroes. What's more is that doing a full set gives you 6 Blessings of the next area, like Water gives Wind, Wind gives Earth, Earth gives Fire and Fire gives Water. That is super helpful in general, including for those without the Legendary Heroes.
They also give you other things. Right now, you can get 10000 Feathers, 30 Orbs and 100 Divine Dew. I have to wait and see what happens with the Water Map on Wednesday, but if what this potentially leads up is a consistent boost-up that continually gives you Feathers, Dew and Orbs, this might be one of the best things for FEHeroes if it's non-stop Feathers, Dew and Orbs, even if just a little bit at a time. Cause one of the most annoying things to do is getting Feathers and Dew.
IF it doesn't stop giving rewards even with repeating maps, like with the Hero Battles that stop giving you rewards even when they come back, this could actually be the best FEH thing ever as this makes grinding much less of a pain. But that would be a good thing, and we know when money is involved, good things aren't allowed. We'll just have to wait and see in the coming days.

-The story is looking good. Alfonse managed to outsmart Laegjarn and we got her captured(despite her not joining, understandably) . Despite being noble and having the sister relationship, Laegjarn seems to follow the same mindset as Laevateinn, of seeing herself as nothing more than a weapon for her father. She even acknowledges that Surtr wouldn't negotiate for her. Seeing the build-up between her and Fjorm was nice and seeing the respect Fjorm has for Laegjarn was interesting. Either way, with Laegjarn captured, it will make it safer to get to Gunnthra. I wonder what Gunnthra will eventually give to the players.
I haven't tried Rival Domains yet to make a statement. Also, if any of you are interested in Friend Lists, my Fire Emblem Heroes ID is 1466835611.
Anyway, at some point, I'm also going to post my thoughts on the Tower Event of Grand Order, as I feel that is story-worthy to talk about.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
FEH doesn't do crossovers, at least as far as I know. And that would require IS to actually care about AW so it's not happening.
agreed I only said it was very low because is owns the brand but they haven’t done anything as you said so it’s unlikely

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hey! I don't want to be a raincloud or anything, because I'm completely thrilled with Smash being announced and the good Direct and the Switch's overall prosperous trajectory, but it just kinda hit me today.

The system is over a year old and, even apart from lacking the VC, we don't even have Netflix or a real internet browser yet... that's bananas! What the hell Nintendo?!
I was cool with that stuff being absent at and around launch, there were bigger things to deal with, but now it's just silliness.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Hey! I don't want to be a raincloud or anything, because I'm completely thrilled with Smash being announced and the good Direct and the Switch's overall prosperous trajectory, but it just kinda hit me today.

The system is over a year old and, even apart from lacking the VC, we don't even have Netflix or a real internet browser yet... that's bananas! What the hell Nintendo?!
I was cool with that stuff being absent at and around launch, there were bigger things to deal with, but now it's just silliness.
Well I for one don't mind a gaming company focusing on the games.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I know that FEH never did any crossovers, but I can see one for the new Smash launch day.Like,seriously.
Imagine how much money a banner with Link, Meta Knigth, Pit and Bowser would make. They don't even need to be very strong.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well I for one don't mind a gaming company focusing on the games.
Are you saying the Switch would not be a more appealing system if it had features even its predecessors boasted from basically the get-go?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So I’m gonna bet Smash comes out in October.

Either way I’m gonna try to not spoil new characters. If anyone spoils a character for me I’ll kill them.

Chrono.

A new interview with Akira Toriyama that goes over his draft for the Tournament of Power is out. Translations here.

But to summarize:
- Quitela, Jiren, Toppo and Dyspo were designed by Toriyama
- Toriyama didn't have a personality yet for Jiren, so when Toei wanted to make him a talkative Superman-type character, Toriyama shot down that idea and instead the Superman-type character went to Toppo.
- Toppo being a GoD candidate was in Toriyama's initial draft.
- Toei and Toriyama were unsure what to do with Dyspo until they casted Bin Shimada to voice him, which gave him the cocky personality.
- The rest of the Pride Troopers were by Toei, which isn't surprising given how nothing they were.
- You can also infer the rest of the Universes were all Toei and not Toriyama.
- Ribrianne was designed by Toriyama, but Toei stepped in and gave her the weaker "ladylike" base form called Brianne de Chateau.
- Kale and Caulifla weren't in Toriyama's draft at all. Kale was conceived by Toei after Broly's popularity came up in a meeting, they made her a girl so she "wouldn't be exactly like Broly." (lul)
- Caulifla was designed by Toriyama after Toei staff showed him Kale.
- Universe 7's elminations were planned from the start.
- On that note, Buu being a bait and switch for Frieza was also planned from the start.
- Ultra Instinct was conceived in the middle of constructing the flow of the story. (of course lol)
- DB Super's producer believes Toriyama is setting up a continuation with Super's end.
- 131 apparently has a surprise at the end.

Stuff like this is quite facisnating and makes me wonder how much of this arc was Toriyama and how much of it was Toei filling the blanks. Actually, I question the same regarding the Future Trunks arc, especially since Zamasu ended up being one of my favorite antagonists in the series.

D

Deleted member

I had to stay after school to work on a project, and I am a little exhausted yet extremely satisfied.
If anyone respects me for this long and hard-working feat, that would be great but you do not have to.
Someone: "You can't analyse a trailer without footage!"
GameXPlain: "Hold my beer."
I might subscribe to GameXPlain actually, he makes very thought out analysis with the sources having few details.
He's such a good boy tho.

~Trying to make a "dog" sphere of death look cute~
Okay. I can accept that, no sarcasm.
Sword Kirby is my favourite fire Emblem character. Can't wait for him to be added to Heroes

In all seriousness, Kirby can probably beat the entire FE cast. He can swallow everyone.
Real talk. This is the best FEH character right here.

See, that is why this legend needs to go to Smash for Switch.
I'll just leave this here.
Who ever made that meme deserves a promotion in their job.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Now that it's finally for real, time to remove my silly pics in my signature in favor of my most wants for the next title

It's most wanted first from left to right plus 3rd party (Inkling was #2 but... you know...)

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
A new interview with Akira Toriyama that goes over his draft for the Tournament of Power is out. Translations here.

But to summarize:
- Quitela, Jiren, Toppo and Dyspo were designed by Toriyama
- Toriyama didn't have a personality yet for Jiren, so when Toei wanted to make him a talkative Superman-type character, Toriyama shot down that idea and instead the Superman-type character went to Toppo.
- Toppo being a GoD candidate was in Toriyama's initial draft.
- Toei and Toriyama were unsure what to do with Dyspo until they casted Bin Shimada to voice him, which gave him the cocky personality.
- The rest of the Pride Troopers were by Toei, which isn't surprising given how nothing they were.
- You can also infer the rest of the Universes were all Toei and not Toriyama.
- Ribrianne was designed by Toriyama, but Toei stepped in and gave her the weaker "ladylike" base form called Brianne de Chateau.
- Kale and Caulifla weren't in Toriyama's draft at all. Kale was conceived by Toei after Broly's popularity came up in a meeting, they made her a girl so she "wouldn't be exactly like Broly." (lul)
- Caulifla was designed by Toriyama after Toei staff showed him Kale.
- Universe 7's elminations were planned from the start.
- On that note, Buu being a bait and switch for Frieza was also planned from the start.
- Ultra Instinct was conceived in the middle of constructing the flow of the story. (of course lol)
- DB Super's producer believes Toriyama is setting up a continuation with Super's end.
- 131 apparently has a surprise at the end.

Stuff like this is quite facisnating and makes me wonder how much of this arc was Toriyama and how much of it was Toei filling the blanks. Actually, I question the same regarding the Future Trunks arc, especially since Zamasu ended up being one of my favorite antagonists in the series.
I think the anime ToP was Toei’s idea and how it goes in the manga is Toriyama.

Chrono.

I think the anime ToP was Toei’s idea and how it goes in the manga is Toriyama.
I really doubt that.

For one, they're still following Toriyama's draft, Toei just fills in the gaps. The second, and most important, Toyotaro more or less has free reign on what does in the manga. The Goku Black arc was completely different in the manga and the start of the ToP has already been really different to what Toriyama had in mind, including Jiren's personality.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Do you guys know how to make those fake screenshots from the Inkling trailer?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

I think you have the Homebrew community to thank for the lack of web browser on the Switch since that was a common use for exploits on the 3DS and Wii U...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom