• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So who are looking to be really good characters so far? I've heard the obvious Pikachu for some reason. I've also jeard Olimar, K. Rool, the Belmonts, and Young Link?

Why them?
Olimar has been buffed like crazy, Young Link has Nair to hookshot and **** and Belmonts have damn good stage control. Also there's Bowser who I feel is slept on cause he hits like a ************ and is pretty damn speedy. Also his Tough Guy trait got buffed

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Olimar has been buffed like crazy, Young Link has Nair to hookshot and **** and Belmonts have damn good stage control. Also there's Bowser who I feel is slept on cause he hits like a ************ and is pretty damn speedy. Also his Tough Guy trait got buffed
What about Yoshi? I also hear that even though Luigi was nerfed, he's still pretty good along with Mario.

In fact, it seems like, once again, almost every Mario character is viable except poor Bowser Jr.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah I'm not really feeling the screamo death metal trailer song... also wondering when we're gonna get back to the Fire Emblem part of Fire Emblem Heroes instead of just watching as IS introduces more weird, over-the-top, over-sexualized original characters who've never appeared in Fire Emblem games before.
I just want them to stay alive...also I can completely accept over sexualized characters...especially Loki

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Recent FE knows why their audience stays with the fandom. It may not be the "majority", but everyone on these boards, other forums, and even a good amount of the popular players have made reference to their own waifus or whatever

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My Merric has Special Spiral now.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Been thinking of the possible reveal schedule for Smash's DLC

March/April Direct - next Smash DLC announcement, Piranha Plant released, Joker's release date revealed (probably near e3)

e3 - Next Smash DLC announced, possible HUGE character reveal, Joker released (metroid prime 4 reveal trailer plzz)

August/September Direct - Another Smash DLC announced, e3 character release date revealed in October/November or something

a four to three month drought of news that makes Smash fans extremely thirsty with all sorts of ridiculous leaks and rumours and speculation about the last fighter being something crazy to end of the fighter's pass...

December Final Smash Direct for Ultimate - Final character announcement being one that is extremely divisive because people placed their expectations way too high, final character's release date revealed all other characters released. Unlikely but a potential extra character revealed for DLC. Ultimate DLC is done, Sakurai boards his spaceship as he says "Seriously, never ask me for anything ever again!" and then he returns to his home planet

D

Deleted member

Maining K. Rool in Smash and watching PB & Jeff's LP of DKC2 has made me want to play more DK games than just DK64. I have them on GBA, but I'm leaning towards just picking up all three on 3DS VC. Anyone have any experience with those versions and know if they're a good way to play the classic DKCs?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm sure people will still find a way to form "taunt" parties on occasion, but with taunts being disabled online altogether I do think they won't be anywhere near as common as they were previously.

The more that's done to kill off taunt parties, the better. I got tired of seeing them in every single online Brawl match.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

March/April Direct - next Smash DLC announcement, Piranha Plant released, Joker's release date revealed (probably near e3)

e3 - Next Smash DLC announced, possible HUGE character reveal, Joker released (metroid prime 4 reveal trailer plzz)

August/September Direct - Another Smash DLC announced, e3 character release date revealed in October/November or something

a four to three month drought of news that makes Smash fans extremely thirsty with all sorts of ridiculous leaks and rumours and speculation about the last fighter being something crazy to end of the fighter's pass...

December Final Smash Direct for Ultimate - Final character announcement being one that is extremely divisive because people placed their expectations way too high, final character's release date revealed all other characters released. Unlikely but a potential extra character revealed for DLC. Ultimate DLC is done, Sakurai boards his spaceship as he says "Seriously, never ask me for anything ever again!" and then he returns to his home planet
You know you just described Smash 4's entire DLC cycle right? Although I think it might go down a bit differently this time.

If there is a multi-month drought like there was in 2015, i'm gonna go crazy from all the BS fakes that keep popping out and people giving any sort of 4chan "leak" any serious thought.

And yeah, the last character is always the most divisive and usually anti-climatic. Smash 4 has taught me that well (and Ultimate as well to a lesser extent).

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
You know you just described Smash 4's entire DLC cycle right? Although I think it might go down a bit differently this time.

If there is a multi-month drought like there was in 2015, i'm gonna go crazy from all the BS fakes that keep popping out and people giving any sort of 4chan "leak" any serious thought.

And yeah, the last character is always the most divisive and usually anti-climatic. Smash 4 has taught me that well (and Ultimate as well to a lesser extent).
Of course the last character is the most divisive, simply by virtue of being last; any unrealized dreams are now officially crushed (until the next game/DLC wave).

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm really upset with myself, dudes.

I want to be able to work freelance despite the difficulties associated with it, and I enjoy learning about web development. But I keep forgetting things due to not being super on top of studying it, and at my developer internship, I'm not really making websites (I'm making Amazon Alexa skills... cool, but not what i really want to do).

So I try to watch videos and read up and make plans to sit down and make projects and every time I think about it, my brain tells me I need to do something else because trying to do the things I want to sit down and work on just isn't something I "want to do" right now.
This goes for a lot of things. My Japanese studies keep dropping too. And sometimes it gets bad enough where one of the only coping methods I have, video games, just aren't good enough for me in the moment. Smash and Overwatch make me mad sometimes, but they help me cope.

Depression's a ***** my dudes

I hope y'all are having a better day than I am.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

I want to be able to work freelance despite the difficulties associated with it, and I enjoy learning about web development. But I keep forgetting things due to not being super on top of studying it, and at my developer internship, I'm not really making websites (I'm making Amazon Alexa skills... cool, but not what i really want to do).

So I try to watch videos and read up and make plans to sit down and make projects and every time I think about it, my brain tells me I need to do something else because trying to do the things I want to sit down and work on just isn't something I "want to do" right now.
This goes for a lot of things. My Japanese studies keep dropping too. And sometimes it gets bad enough where one of the only coping methods I have, video games, just aren't good enough for me in the moment. Smash and Overwatch make me mad sometimes, but they help me cope.

Im sorry to hear that, man.
Im free to chat whenever if you are up for it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I’d hope we would get a character every 2 months. So Pirahna Plant in February, Joker in April, Fighter 2 in June, Fighter 3 in August, Fighter 4 in October and Fighter 5 in December.

That way they keep the Smash hype going like they do with Splatoon 2.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I HATE Ultimate. The game is utter derp, because I can't unlock anyone. Seriously, I'm still at the original roster and I got the game on Saturday. I'm at my wit's end here.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

I know that feeling.

Hope your day perks up.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Ooooooooo! The NES Switch app added a special version of Dr. Mario along with the other games of December.

I GOT to check what this Dr. Mario SP is. :ultdoc:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I HATE Ultimate. The game is utter derp, because I can't unlock anyone. Seriously, I'm still at the original roster and I got the game on Saturday. I'm at my wit's end here.
World of Light takes longer but the unlock fights are a lot easier. I lost some unlock fights and instead of rechallenging them just ignored it and kept playing WoL and cleaned up when I finally found them.

Of course, there's some Spirit fights that are another matter, but characters? Yeah hi kids I brought Satan here along for the ride and he says hello *KREENG*

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
My updated log of characters I unlocked...

:ultness:
:ultzelda:
:ultbowser:
:ultsonic:
:ultpit:
:ultkrool:
:ultinkling:
:ultpokemontrainer:
:ultlucario:
:ultwiifittrainer:
:ultfalcon:
:ultjigglypuff:
:ultmarth:
:ultyounglink:

So far, Marth and Young Link are my favorite characters to play as. K. Rool is great as well.

Last edited:

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I'm not going to play WOL. I just don't have the time or patience to go through something like that.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm not going to play WOL. I just don't have the time or patience to go through something like that.
Yeah WoL from what I played so far (albeit very little) hasn't been interesting. I really miss Brawl's SSE.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It’s weird that the Pokemon Trainer physically does not appear on some stages. When you change pokemon the red light comes from the foreground.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"I haven't been able to unlock a character all week, I'm so upset!"

"I won't touch the mode where you'd unlock your choice of one of three non-default characters within like ten minutes, that'd take too long."

Well you do the poison you choose, I guess LOL

Last edited:

Chrono.

Man, Xenoblade X got absolutely boned in Ultimate.

No music and only 5 spirits, really? Not even gonna have Elma or Lao evolve either? As someone whose fave game in the series is X, it stings a bit.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It takes literally five seconds to clear 90 percent of the wol fights.

If you really are having trouble get marth. You can literally get him like 2 minutes into wol.

Then if your getting your ass kicked in newcomer matches,

play marth and spam side b and his counter.

It works in melee so it works here.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey, WoL players there, you knw about the infamous 9-volt & 18-volt spirit battle? The one with the sheriff shooting like a god? With Galaga that take you off screen when you don't look? And the CPU being just ****head?

Well, I don't know if I was lucky with my spirits & decision, but I just beated on like my fifth try, thanks to Super Chibi-Robo, Paz (How did Sakurai got away with that reference?) , Happy Mask Salesman & good ol' :4alph:.

...No, really, I really beat it with Alph, Olimar & him are actually really good in this mode. I don't know if this is because of my spirits or not, but I'm having alot of good result with the Pikmin duo, which is a good surprise imo.

Beside that, WoL is still alot of fun, tho, I'm definitly taking my time with it, as rushing it would probably become boring after awhile.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
World of Light unlocks characters faster? I've been just unlocking characters via VS matches and Classic Mode as I want to save World of Light for last once I unlock everyone.

Only 12 more left for me
:ultsheik::ultwolf::ultdarksamus::ultmewtwo::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit::ultduckhunt::ultgnw::ultken::ultcloud:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
"I haven't been able to unlock a character all week, I'm so upset!"

"I won't touch the mode where you'd unlock your choice of one of three non-default characters within like ten minutes, that'd take too long."

Well you do the poison you choose, I guess LOL
It takes literally five seconds to clear 90 percent of the wol fights.

If you really are having trouble get marth. You can literally get him like 2 minutes into wol.

Then if your getting your *** kicked in newcomer matches,

play marth and spam side b and his counter.

It works in melee so it works here.
Lets drop the aggressive demeanor guys. The guy is only expressing his opinion on the matter.

Of course, a much easier way to unlock characters is through Spirits, Classic Mode, and Mob Smash so I find. I got both Marth and Young Link really easily that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom